Author Topic: Do we have girl geekhacker here?  (Read 23655 times)

Offline modulor

Do we have girl geekhacker here?
« Reply #100 on: Wed, 08 February 2012, 22:31:32 »
You'll know when geekhack starts to get alot of 'accessories' threads: [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 39830[/ATTACH]

Offline sLeezy

« Reply #101 on: Thu, 09 February 2012, 02:13:13 »
Lettuce be real tea, the ratio of male to female in this forum is about 2,500:1. But fear not, I can provide some here below.

Input Devices
Keyboard - PFU HHKB Pro 2 Esc WASD | Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless Esc WASD
Pointing Device - Logitech Performance MX

Offline flyball

« Reply #102 on: Thu, 09 February 2012, 02:39:23 »
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Roguemaster8

« Reply #103 on: Thu, 09 February 2012, 03:34:31 »
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 39848[/ATTACH]

Noice.
CM Storm Quickfire | Dell Quietkey | Unicomp Ultra Classic | KBC Poker

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #104 on: Thu, 09 February 2012, 10:38:21 »
Quote from: ripster;510188
I  took a picture of myself seminude once in the mirror.

I decided to not post it here.

Geekhack Girls however can PM me theirs.

Keyboard on head is my fav pose.

Why so desperate to get pictures of girls. There are tons on the internet already.
Fight For Freedom. Stand with Hong Kongers

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #105 on: Thu, 09 February 2012, 10:41:12 »
Quote from: sLeezy;509953

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Life is short, make it awesome.
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline Shine104

« Reply #106 on: Fri, 10 February 2012, 02:27:13 »
Quote from: hazeluff;508699
Oooh I've seen this. It is very purdy indeed. Brb gotta change pants.

brb too

Offline poco

« Reply #107 on: Fri, 10 February 2012, 18:00:00 »
I'm a female.. been steadily lurking here for about a year. I'm pretty much obsessed with mech keyboards.. got my first board last January. I used to weird out my coworkers when I would scamper into the office exclaiming, "Guys, guys, this one has white ALPS and.. OMG it has doubleshot keycaps!". I use my Leo 10keyless with browns at work (doubleshot keycaps from an ML-3000, and black Moogle kit from the group buy), and my Ducky 1087 (MX black) at home for gaming. I actually put the Leo caps on it because they were lighter. Linear switches FTW!
Ducky 1087 - MX Black | Leopold tenkeyless - MX Brown

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #108 on: Fri, 10 February 2012, 18:48:00 »
It is really refreshing to have some female insight here.

Please, girls, speak up if you ever have something to say.

Although I am a big strong guy who pounds the keyboard mercilessly when I am in a bad mood, I respect the opinions of people who are willing to describe their experiences interacting with the one object that their fingers are in contact with more than any other.

I prefer buckling springs because they can take the widest spectrum of my emotions (including abuse) in stride, without ever showing any sign of theirs, or even reacting differently to me in any way.

Now I just wish my wife was a forgiving as my keyboard ......
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #109 on: Fri, 10 February 2012, 18:58:31 »
Dude, you are scaring me ...

Offline poco

« Reply #110 on: Fri, 10 February 2012, 18:58:58 »
I'm so tough on keyboards.. I'd never be able to use Reds. I'm thinking about clears, though. And BS keyboards are fabulous, but a bit tiring. We used to use them at my high school.
Ducky 1087 - MX Black | Leopold tenkeyless - MX Brown

Offline pitashen

« Reply #111 on: Fri, 10 February 2012, 19:06:41 »
I can't care less about whether there are females on this site. I am not here for dating LOL. But I do hope girls won't feel overly uncomfortable hanging around in this male dominated forum.
\\\\ DSI Mac Modular Keyboard (Brown) w/ Leo  Blank Keycaps //
\\\\ Leopold 87keys Keyboard (Brown) w/ Black CherryCorp + SP DoubleShots //
\\\\ Filco Majestouch 2 NINJA (Black) w/ White CherryCorp + SP DoublsShots //

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #112 on: Fri, 10 February 2012, 19:47:34 »
Oh, sorry, I was only speaking of abuse in terms of mechanical objects, which I will take to the workbench and dismantle with relish.

I am quite egalitarian and respectful of female human beings, I have a wife and daughter.

My comment was based on my desire to hear a wide spectrum of opinions. If this was a forum about bear hunting, I would expect it to be all-male.

Keyboards, well, everybody uses them!
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #113 on: Fri, 10 February 2012, 20:19:15 »

is this one vertically challenged? or is it the angle?
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Reptile

« Reply #114 on: Fri, 10 February 2012, 22:22:27 »
lol looks like she is bending her knees a bit but she definitely is short. The fridge behind her looks a lot taller
Home:Realforce 87UB 55g
Work:Leopold FC700R Ergo Clears

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #115 on: Sat, 11 February 2012, 21:40:40 »
Fohat.digs: Not quite true in the bear hunting thing... My girlfriend's sister has been bear hunting. I, to say the least, am very very envious. :tongue:

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #116 on: Sun, 12 February 2012, 04:42:49 »
Quote from: pitashen;511375
But I do hope girls won't feel overly uncomfortable hanging around in this male dominated forum.

At least this forum isn't testosterone fueled like, say, a car forum.

Offline dotancohen

• Dotan Cohen
« Reply #117 on: Sun, 12 February 2012, 05:29:24 »
Quote from: Encryptor;495291
Forums are inherently social.  I'm not afraid of "coming out" as female on a forum like this because it helps dispel stereotypes (e.g., that women only care about babies).  I'm female and I hate babies, weddings, and holding doors open for people.

Depends on how you define social, I suppose. I don't come here for the company, I come here to learn and hopefully to help as well. That said, there are a few forum members who I'd enjoy drinking a beer with, and others who I'd rather not see at all and would probably rather not see me.

Oh, and I'm a guy but I love babies. I absolutely melt around newborns. And I really don't care that it makes me look like a wimp in front of other guys.

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #118 on: Sun, 12 February 2012, 05:36:14 »
Nothing unmanly about having soft spot for babies. Even manly man have soft spots, especially for our offsprings, our other half, and our 4 legged family.

Offline dotancohen

• Dotan Cohen
« Reply #119 on: Sun, 12 February 2012, 05:40:14 »
Quote from: SmallFry;512191
Fohat.digs: Not quite true in the bear hunting thing... My girlfriend's sister has been bear hunting. I, to say the least, am very very envious. :tongue:

A mØØse once bit my sister.

Quote from: laffindude;512407
Nothing unmanly about having soft spot for babies. Even manly man have soft spots, especially for our offsprings, our other half, and our 4 legged family.

Right, and you just happened to mention all my soft spots!
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 February 2012, 05:42:46 by dotancohen »

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #120 on: Sun, 12 February 2012, 05:50:02 »
Quote from: dotancohen;512404
Oh, and as a guy, I love babies. I absolutely melt around newborns.

Fixed that for you. :)  Babies are awesome!

Offline Encryptor

« Reply #121 on: Sun, 12 February 2012, 06:27:34 »
Quote from: dotancohen;512404
Depends on how you define social, I suppose. I don't come here for the company, I come here to learn and hopefully to help as well. That said, there are a few forum members who I'd enjoy drinking a beer with, and others who I'd rather not see at all and would probably rather not see me.

Oh, and I'm a guy but I love babies. I absolutely melt around newborns. And I really don't care that it makes me look like a wimp in front of other guys.

Cute rat in your user pic!  Is that a pet?  I had a few pet rats when I was younger.  I wish they lived longer, since they are such great little animals.  :frown:  Now I have a ferret.

I think there are varying degrees of social, both online and offline.  For example, offline, I prefer activity-based social interactions, like sports, over something like a book club situation.  Basically, I would rather throw a baseball at a stranger standing 60' away from me than sit close to a stranger and share my thoughts with them.  Plus, in the baseball situation, at least when we're done playing baseball, we can discuss baseball.  This forum is similar, in that despite gender / personality / whatever differences, eventually we are all still discussing keyboards.  So yeah, gender / race / sexuality doesn't matter on a forum like this, but in my experience, as a female, its nice to see a few other females sharing my interests, since I guess I'm kind of an insecure person who likes keyboards, and also throwing things at people.  :caked:

Offline Encryptor

« Reply #122 on: Sun, 12 February 2012, 06:33:58 »
Quote from: hashbaz;512410
Fixed that for you. :)  Babies are awesome!

Except the part where they LIVE INSIDE YOU and then come shooting out of an orifice after 9 months. :puke:  That is the part that freaks me out.  I admire and respect any geekhacker who has actually had a baby.

Offline KillerBee

« Reply #123 on: Sun, 12 February 2012, 09:56:55 »
Geekharmony.com -- where geeks meet

hahahaha
IBM Model M 1386304 Nov. 1985

Offline dotancohen

• Dotan Cohen
« Reply #124 on: Sun, 12 February 2012, 11:05:45 »
Quote from: Encryptor;512413
Cute rat in your user pic!  Is that a pet?  I had a few pet rats when I was younger.  I wish they lived longer, since they are such great little animals.  :frown:  Now I have a ferret.

Ferrets are great rodents too, if you can handle the smell. That rat in my avatar is Gush, my pet, but she has been gone for a few years now. One nice thing about rats not living too long is that we get over them quickly, and we know to enjoy them while they are still here. Another Geekhack member just lost a pet, and I understand that it was not easy.

Quote from: Encryptor;512413
I think there are varying degrees of social, both online and offline.  For example, offline, I prefer activity-based social interactions, like sports, over something like a book club situation.  Basically, I would rather throw a baseball at a stranger standing 60' away from me than sit close to a stranger and share my thoughts with them.  Plus, in the baseball situation, at least when we're done playing baseball, we can discuss baseball.  This forum is similar, in that despite gender / personality / whatever differences, eventually we are all still discussing keyboards.  So yeah, gender / race / sexuality doesn't matter on a forum like this, but in my experience, as a female, its nice to see a few other females sharing my interests, since I guess I'm kind of an insecure person who likes keyboards, and also throwing things at people.  :caked:

I don't really like team sports, though I like running and hand-to-hand combat. Tell me, really just curious as I have two daughters, is it considered "tom boy" that you like baseball?

Quote from: Encryptor;512415
Except the part where they LIVE INSIDE YOU and then come shooting out of an orifice after 9 months. :puke:  That is the part that freaks me out.  I admire and respect any geekhacker who has actually had a baby.

That is nothing, it is only popular media that make a big deal out of it. I was present at both my daughters births, in fact there was no doctor present and the midwife let me do most of the work. It was a bit painful for my wife but completely bearable with no painkillers either time. Seriously, don't let overreacting attention-grabbers and popular media ruin the great experience of pregnancy and childbirth for you. Do you know that high that you feel when you are done with a sport? Did the sport hurt, take effort? _That_ is childbirth. Have a blast!

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #125 on: Sun, 12 February 2012, 13:19:14 »
i, for one, hate babies.

or any type of children to be honest.

babies, toddlers, pre-teens, teenagers.

hate them all.

/grumpy old (not really) man

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #126 on: Sun, 12 February 2012, 14:31:14 »
oh, i know.

the difference is i can't give them away back to their parents when they become annoying.

children have never, and as far as i can see it, will never be a part of my future. i just got in an argument with my mother about it too since she wants grandchildren and i told her no way in hell.

i DID say i would adopt IF it came down to having kids.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #127 on: Sun, 12 February 2012, 14:44:12 »
yeah i know that time will come eventually. hopefully the one im interested in right now only wants one. but i'll try to push adoption regardless. too many family less kids in the world, i dont care for one that has my blood.

Offline furry_angina

« Reply #128 on: Sun, 12 February 2012, 16:56:07 »
Quote from: demik;511410
Show Image

It's a duck, shoot it! lol...

I'm a female, but I can tell you that I can rival a man's brain any day haha... I will look at tits and ass like the next guy, I work as a coder with a bunch of dudes, I play RTS games, and I love beer.  Just don't ask me to make a sandwich because I'll tell you to shove it up your *ss.  :)

PS. I purposely cut my nails short so I can type faster...  so you won't find me at the salon getting my nails did--I find that tacky anyway.
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 February 2012, 17:04:28 by furry_angina »
HHKB2 w/ M705 Realforce 87UB w/ G9

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
« Reply #129 on: Sun, 12 February 2012, 17:21:47 »
I like keyboard jokes.

"Poker?! I hardly know 'er!"

Offline dotancohen

• Dotan Cohen
« Reply #130 on: Mon, 13 February 2012, 00:51:28 »
Quote from: furry_angina;512729
I'm a female, but I can tell you that I can rival a man's brain any day haha... I will look at tits and ass like the next guy, I work as a coder with a bunch of dudes, I play RTS games, and I love beer.  Just don't ask me to make a sandwich because I'll tell you to shove it up your *ss.  :)

Offline furry_angina

« Reply #131 on: Mon, 13 February 2012, 01:36:02 »
Quote from: dotancohen;513023
Show Image

how cute, a unix meme... lol and no, I'm from Cali -- I just have a **** and fart jokes kind of humor.

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #132 on: Mon, 13 February 2012, 02:03:34 »
furry_angina:

Will you be my Valentine?

Wait, did you say you have a ****?
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline furry_angina

« Reply #133 on: Mon, 13 February 2012, 02:18:03 »
Quote from: eth0s;513060
furry_angina:

Will you be my Valentine?

Wait, did you say you have a ****?

one of the times when punctuation matters, well-played sir.
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 February 2012, 02:22:06 by furry_angina »

Offline FinancialWar

« Reply #134 on: Mon, 13 February 2012, 07:43:47 »
Quote from: furry_angina;513052
how cute, a unix meme... lol and no, I'm from Cali -- I just have a **** and fart jokes kind of humor.

I wouldn't consider you a proper woman anyway. In my culture, woman just don't talk back like that.
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 February 2012, 07:46:31 by FinancialWar »
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline Parak

« Reply #135 on: Mon, 13 February 2012, 09:58:17 »
Quote from: FinancialWar;513196
I wouldn't consider you a proper woman anyway. In my culture, woman just don't talk back like that.

With cultural views like that, it's no wonder that people are desperate enough to hunt for women on a forum about keyboards.

Offline FinancialWar

« Reply #136 on: Mon, 13 February 2012, 14:05:15 »
Quote from: ripster;513257
Nah, it's just Financial War.   CPAs tend to be neanderthals.

Still don't know the difference between CFA and CPA?
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline Encryptor

« Reply #137 on: Mon, 13 February 2012, 15:32:29 »
Quote from: dotancohen;512501

I don't really like team sports, though I like running and hand-to-hand combat. Tell me, really just curious as I have two daughters, is it considered "tom boy" that you like baseball?

That is nothing, it is only popular media that make a big deal out of it. I was present at both my daughters births, in fact there was no doctor present and the midwife let me do most of the work. It was a bit painful for my wife but completely bearable with no painkillers either time. Seriously, don't let overreacting attention-grabbers and popular media ruin the great experience of pregnancy and childbirth for you. Do you know that high that you feel when you are done with a sport? Did the sport hurt, take effort? _That_ is childbirth. Have a blast!

Do your daughters play any sports?  I played softball growing up which I never really thought was too tom boy-ish.  I guess the women's baseball is tomboyish, but way more low key than women's football, or women's hockey, in my opinion.  Or roller derby.  There's not nearly as much spitting and crotch-grabbing in women's baseball as there is in men's baseball.

Your wife gave birth without painkillers???  :eek:  She is strong.

Quote from: demik;512617
oh, i know.

the difference is i can't give them away back to their parents when they become annoying.

children have never, and as far as i can see it, will never be a part of my future. i just got in an argument with my mother about it too since she wants grandchildren and i told her no way in hell.

i DID say i would adopt IF it came down to having kids.

I have this argument with my mother every time I talk to her.  It gets worse once you get married because then you have to hear TWO mothers nagging about it.  Oy vey.

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #138 on: Mon, 13 February 2012, 16:15:28 »
Quote from: Encryptor;513424
Your wife gave birth without painkillers???  :eek:  She is strong.

I have to argue this one, my wife is a complete wimp.  Went into the first birth well prepared and with no drugs and no complaints.  2nd birth the damned ObGyn told her the baby was big @8.7lbs, totally psyched my wife out.  She went in scared ****less but not wanting the drugs... that didn't work at all even though the birth was less complicated than the first and took less time and caused less peripheral damage.

Your mind is in control of your body.  Women have been popping babies out without painkillers for far longer than you can imagine.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline Snarfangel

« Reply #139 on: Mon, 13 February 2012, 16:39:00 »
Quote from: FinancialWar;513377
Still don't know the difference between CFA and CPA?

One is a field filled with manly men. The other is the Canadian Football Association.

Oh, wait, it's the Canadian Football League? I keep mixing up the names.
To my Canadian friends, I am of course kidding.

Offline BucklingSpring

« Reply #140 on: Mon, 13 February 2012, 18:51:32 »
Quote from: demik;511410

She's tenkeyless
In memory of smallfry 1996-2013
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline glossywhite

« Reply #141 on: Sun, 18 March 2012, 18:49:38 »
Quote from: poco;511370
I'm so tough on keyboards.. I'd never be able to use Reds. I'm thinking about clears, though. And BS keyboards are fabulous, but a bit tiring. We used to use them at my high school.

Tiring? What are you - a spider?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #142 on: Mon, 19 March 2012, 23:58:59 »
Quote from: glossywhite;550038
Tiring? What are you - a spider?

All the girls on GH are probably fat or ugly, or both. Do_Not_Want*9999

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #143 on: Tue, 20 March 2012, 08:49:36 »
Well, now, that is a great technique for encouraging more and better contributions from the female 51% of the people in the world.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #144 on: Tue, 20 March 2012, 09:12:54 »
Quote from: fohat.digs;551359
Well, now, that is a great technique for encouraging more and better contributions from the female 51% of the people in the world.

the truth sucks

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #145 on: Tue, 20 March 2012, 09:22:23 »
Quote from: tp4tissue;551143

Or they're like me, Actually a guy.

Guys, srsly. I'm not a girl.
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 March 2012, 09:36:24 by hazeluff »
Fight For Freedom. Stand with Hong Kongers

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #146 on: Tue, 20 March 2012, 09:25:03 »
Quote from: tp4tissue;551371
the truth sucks

And you're what, psychic?  Maybe it's time to grow up?
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #147 on: Tue, 20 March 2012, 12:00:40 »
Quote from: tp4tissue;551143

Quote from: tp4tissue;551371
the truth sucks

Your profile says you're 47.  Time to stop being an ass.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #148 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 12:21:11 »
Quote from: hashbaz;551530
Your profile says you're 47.  Time to stop being an ass.

Oh right, like people do these profiles seriously,, ,, you'd think I'd be more mature at 47,,, No i'm younger.....

But,, my statement still stands,, If you can digg out ONE single Good looking girl Geekhacker SANS photoshop+overexposure,, I'm willing to take it back...

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #149 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 12:23:17 »
Quote from: tp4tissue;552591
But,, my statement still stands,, If you can digg out ONE single Good looking girl Geekhacker SANS photoshop+overexposure,, I'm willing to take it back...

And people wonder why women and girls don't get into tech as much as men.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace