Author Topic: Ducky Shine 3 Coming out soon~  (Read 129298 times)

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
Re: Ducky Shine 3 Coming out soon~
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 14:13:53 »
Seriously? LOL! I don't know if they're cancelling plans for the Shine 3 but I wouldn't be surprised if they do.

They're keeping silent because they don't want people to simply stop buying their current products by waiting for the III.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #51 on: Sun, 26 May 2013, 14:16:41 »
Seriously? LOL! I don't know if they're cancelling plans for the Shine 3 but I wouldn't be surprised if they do.

They're keeping silent because they don't want people to simply stop buying their current products by waiting for the III.

True that! Dem sneaky Chinese! Sold my Shine 2 w/ Clears but I probably won't buy another Shine, but I'm pretty excited to see what changes they made and the price hike or drop.

Offline LinkPro

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 27 May 2013, 13:52:54 »
Looks like I should wait for this instead of getting the Shine 2? My Shine 1 is still holding on fine, may have to get rid of that first :D

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 27 May 2013, 14:22:47 »
Looks like I should wait for this instead of getting the Shine 2? My Shine 1 is still holding on fine, may have to get rid of that first :D
Yeah I'm trying to wait it out as well. Welcome to Geekhack by the way!! And congrats on first post!

Offline zoolzoo

« Reply #54 on: Mon, 27 May 2013, 20:36:39 »
Would be neat if it came with the hat.
Leopold FC660C, Topre 45g | CM QFR, MX Blue | Rosewill RK-9000v2, MX Red | Cherry Slimline G84-4100, ML | Ducky One2 Mini RGB, MX Red

Offline babyface

« Reply #55 on: Mon, 27 May 2013, 22:48:17 »
I'm wondering whether PCCG are allowing their stock of Shine IIs to deplete in anticipation of the Shine 3.  Items are gradually disappearing from their online store as they run out of stock.

It seems that ROWDY was correct

https://www.facebook.com/pccasegear/posts/660570770625503?ref=notif&notif_t=like
Where do you get the idea that an LZ-GH is basically a filco??

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 27 May 2013, 22:49:36 »
I'm wondering whether PCCG are allowing their stock of Shine IIs to deplete in anticipation of the Shine 3.  Items are gradually disappearing from their online store as they run out of stock.

It seems that ROWDY was correct

https://www.facebook.com/pccasegear/posts/660570770625503?ref=notif&notif_t=like

Welcome to Geekhack!

:)

And just AFTER I ordered a different keyboard from qtan sigh.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #57 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 18:46:23 »

I really hope that they don't make the spacebar like that! But the dual LED's in that pic is pretty awesome.

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #58 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 18:56:52 »
Show Image

I really hope that they don't make the spacebar like that! But the dual LED's in that pic is pretty awesome.

That looks like a metal case!
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline kelske

• The North Borders
« Reply #59 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 19:02:11 »
Is that a brushed alu case!?
HHKB Type-S 55g - FC660M - FC210TP

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #60 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 19:04:14 »
Yeah, totally forgot to mention that because I was so turned off by the spacebar. If they do come stock with an aluminum case, I'm going to probably end up laughing at the price once they reveal the numbers :P At least that's the feeling I'm getting.

Offline keymaster

« Reply #61 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 19:07:01 »
Show Image

Prepare your wallets!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #62 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 19:08:40 »
Show Image

Prepare your wallets!

They should really revamp the ducky logo, as is, it's kind of silly...

Offline UniClown

« Reply #63 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 19:15:18 »
Show Image

Totally agree. I hate useless stuff on the spacebars. The new Poker II phrase on the spacebar sucks imo.

Is that a brushed alu case!?

Looks like it.

Offline dante

« Reply #64 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 19:28:33 »
I must be a fuddy duddy; I'm far more excited over the 2087 Zero coming out.

Offline shifted

« Reply #65 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 19:30:39 »
At least for $1.50 you could get a space bar from wasd that would fit, assuming they keep the same size.  Not sure it would match perfectly though.  Hopefully that space bar was just a mock up or something.  The picture of it on pcccasegear looks fine, simply replacing the duck with the word zero or in this case shine 3.  I wish they would leave it alone though.
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 June 2013, 19:34:10 by shifted »

Offline Tempest790

« Reply #66 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 21:26:12 »
Show Image

It's love at first sight!  That looks awesome!  I guess I'll be spending even more on keyboards.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #67 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 21:43:47 »
Lol! Luckily I'm not too into backlit keyboards :P However, an aluminum bottom case will be tempting.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #68 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 22:36:29 »
I'm hoping there will be TKL versions.  So far I have only seen TK.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #69 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 23:30:17 »
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #70 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 23:31:01 »
OMG, your timing. I was literally posting that picture above and then I saw your post in another tab, and backed out :)) No aluminum case on that one.

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #71 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 23:32:51 »
OMG, your timing. I was literally posting that picture above and then I saw your post in another tab, and backed out :)) No aluminum case on that one.

Sorry, but you're gonna have to be faster than that if you wanna get your +1's :P
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #72 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 23:33:58 »
:)) Less work for me = good :P

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #73 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 23:43:44 »
She can deliver one to me any time ;)

Offline keymaster

« Reply #74 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 23:44:33 »
I wonder what new changes they've made to the backlight programming. Surely, it can't be just a new spacebar  :))

Offline Surnia

« Reply #76 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 23:49:57 »

isn't there an alu case for the one on the table behind the girl?

Noppoo Choc Mini with MX Black | Filco 104 MJ2 Ninja with MX Black

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #77 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 23:51:14 »
Yeah, but I can't tell exactly what keyboard that is. Maybe the aluminum one will be a limited edition one.

Offline linziyi

• The one with many questions
« Reply #78 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 23:51:39 »
Only if they make a green switch version :(
Ducky DK9008G2 Pro

"Much to learn you still have" --Yoda

Offline kelske

• The North Borders
« Reply #79 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 23:52:01 »
Also, those forest green keycaps on the back left board? hmm
HHKB Type-S 55g - FC660M - FC210TP

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #80 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 23:53:14 »

It's not impossible because I did own their Limited Edition Greens at one point. They also provided me the opportunity to own a Clear switch keyboard too. Ducky has been the company that has provided me with every switch that I have wanted to try up to now (Green and Clear). If anyone will deliver, it'll be Ducky.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #81 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 23:54:19 »
Also, those forest green keycaps on the back left board? hmm

It'll probably be another Shine keycap set. I personally don't like the feel of those.

Offline linziyi

« Reply #82 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 23:55:55 »
Is there PBT caps for backlit keyboards?
Ducky DK9008G2 Pro

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #83 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 23:57:25 »
That girl is Skinny... mm.. hm...

Is she? My clavicles look similar in similar position, and I'm not even a girl. Oh wait, people have repeatedly called me skinny.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #84 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 23:57:28 »
Colored key caps are interesting but only if that make some decent pbt caps.

I wonder if that 'aluminum' is just silver paint?

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #85 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 23:58:43 »

Not that I know of. However, if you get light colored thin PBT's like white, they kind of work as a large window for the LED's. It's great for the reactive light setting on the Shine II keyboards. The stock Shine keycaps aren't very good for the reactive light setting because your finger is covering the lettering so you won't even see the back lighting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8njcxB87FpM#t=35s
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 June 2013, 00:01:05 by VesperSAINT »

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #86 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 23:59:07 »

It's not impossible because I did own their Limited Edition Greens at one point. They also provided me the opportunity to own a Clear switch keyboard too. Ducky has been the company that has provided me with every switch that I have wanted to try up to now (Green and Clear). If anyone will deliver, it'll be Ducky.

I'm not so convinced. Because CM Storm.

Deck ^_^

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #87 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 23:59:50 »

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #88 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 00:07:18 »
My ideal next keyboard would be a Ducky Shine TKL with that brushed aluminum case, MX Clears, and some nice amber backlight.  Come on, Ducky, make this happen!
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #89 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 00:13:00 »
My ideal next keyboard would be a Ducky Shine TKL with that brushed aluminum case, MX Clears, and some nice amber backlight.  Come on, Ducky, make this happen!

That really would be a very pretty keyboard :) Too bad modding a fully backlit keyboard is a pain in the ass and desoldering all those LED's would be a major pain :(

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #90 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 00:17:27 »
Man looks like that spacebar is final.  Time to buy a Shine II instead then  >____>

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #91 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 00:19:51 »
Very true.  I may just be okay with stock clears though--I'll know any day when a tiny package with a switch simple arrives in my mailbox :). I know that I love smooth browns that my Ducky has, and Im not afraid of slightly stiffer switches.

As for the spacebar, can always swap it!

Offline linziyi

« Reply #92 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 00:23:22 »
Computex will be held June 4th to 8th, so by the end of the week we will get more info on shine III (hopefully its release day).

Then I need to make a decision between the DK9008G2 pro PBT and Shine III :S
Ducky DK9008G2 Pro

Offline Lunartuna

• Good bye money!
« Reply #93 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 00:27:00 »
I think that is just a silver painted case. I doubt its alu.
Shine 2 TKL - Choc Mini

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #94 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 00:27:41 »
PCCG has ETA on DK9008G2 Pro PBT as 19-Jun and on Shine Zero as 21-Jun, so maybe some time around then?

They have not listed any new TKL boards though, which had me worried.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #95 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 00:33:31 »
From far away it looks like the case I painted with silver flake enamel, but in the close up, you can see the brushed metal grain.  Unless ir was photoshopped, it looks like actual brushed metal to me and not something painted to look like metal.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #96 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 00:42:15 »
Might have been limited edition, or promotional only.

CM did that with a white case that has not yet seen the light of day.

Shine 3 is rumoured to be cheaper than Shine 2 - can't see how they would achieve that with a metal case.

Offline linziyi

« Reply #97 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 00:43:39 »

Shine 3 is rumoured to be cheaper than Shine 2 - can't see how they would achieve that with a metal case.

CM does have a white QF TK brown with white LEDs as limited edition
Ducky DK9008G2 Pro

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
« Reply #98 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 00:44:08 »

Cheaper? Really? Interesting because I totally assumed it'd be more expensive with the Zero shine being slightly cheaper than Shine II... I am so confused at what they're doing... my logic skills are going bonkers here. Them Chinese are so crazy, man.

Offline linziyi

« Reply #99 on: Tue, 04 June 2013, 00:46:07 »
Is Zero shine somehow has lower quality?
Ducky DK9008G2 Pro