Author Topic: Ducky Yellow Keyboard - It's beautiful  (Read 77242 times)

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
Re: Ducky Yellow Keyboard - It's beautiful
« Reply #300 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 05:41:36 »
You'd think I'd be the first one to get mine, but it sat at the warehouse ;____;

Bite me. I have another one incoming ;o

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #301 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 05:45:47 »
You'd think I'd be the first one to get mine, but it sat at the warehouse ;____;

Can you comment on the speculation ducky is lubing switches.

And also is ducky manufacturing their own stabilizers?

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #302 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 05:52:11 »

Wait wut... Ducky is going to start lubing their switches?! Oh wow...  Great news for linear switch and clear boards, assuming that it's true.

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #303 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 05:53:39 »
Soooo, have any of you guys gotten yours yet? Any Whites?

Offline babyface

« Reply #304 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 05:57:46 »
Up for pre order on pccasegear for any interested Australians... :eek:rowdy? ;)
Where do you get the idea that an LZ-GH is basically a filco??

Offline Awful

• Don't Topre.
« Reply #305 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 06:20:43 »
I like Milk switches but I'd advise MK to check each keyboard before they are sent out as they seem to have large numbers that fail to produce a click.

The first kbt pure I got from MK had a non-clicking white as well :/ they ofc replaced it, but still.
I hate everything.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #306 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 06:30:02 »

Wait wut... Ducky is going to start lubing their switches?! Oh wow...  Great news for linear switch and clear boards, assuming that it's true.

No its only speculation from a few people saying ducky switches feel different.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #307 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 06:45:56 »

No its only speculation from a few people saying ducky switches feel different.

Ah I see what you're talking about. I can actually empathize with this. I believe though that this may have to do with the construction of the keyboard, and the keycaps, more so than lube.

An example of how much the actual construction can have an effect on feel and sound: Some people may have already heard me say this over and over, but, assuming that all companies use OEM Cherry MX switches, my older Ducky DK9008 with Blues (sky blue), is the by far the best feeling Blue switch keyboard I've ever used. I have tried and owned many keyboards in the past with Cherry MX Blues (Ducky DK9008, Ducky Shine 2, Das, Filco, CM QFR, Leopold, Xarmor, and Blackwidow), and I must say that the Ducky blue switch boards feel the best, hands down. It is much more resonant and the break/click is much more pronounced than other boards I've felt. I believe the closest one that can compare is the CM QFR. Obviously though, this doesn't have anything to do with lube, because lube would kill the click.
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 December 2013, 07:06:08 by VesperSAINT »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #308 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 07:04:46 »
^^ I've wondered before if the boards with LEDs feel sturdier due to the extra soldering.

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #309 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 07:21:18 »

No.
Cherry switches are actually very inconsistent between batches. Since you can't go to the store and play with one you're going to buy, it is like playing lottery, especially in regards to browns. I have some red and black boards that you cannot tell apart. MX whites are REALLY bad. They ratio of unclicky switches are just too high. I don't get the hype.

Shine 3 came with clipped genuine Cherry stabilizers. Going forward... ;o

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #310 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 07:23:07 »

No.
Cherry switches are actually very inconsistent between batches. Since you can't go to the store and play with one you're going to buy, it is like playing lottery, especially in regards to browns. I have some red and black boards that you cannot tell apart. MX whites are REALLY bad. They ratio of unclicky switches are just too high. I don't get the hype.

Shine 3 came with clipped genuine Cherry stabilizers. Going forward... ;o

Just as I thought.

Thanks for the confirmation!

Offline Neo.X

« Reply #311 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 10:56:07 »
I am using a keyboard with blue case and black keysets, I feel that the blue color is kind of annoying, and I remember that I have to change the yellow keysets to black on my Filco yellow top edition because the same reason. I would image that the whole yellow ducky won't be easy for the eye.

Don't get me wrong, I like the color theme, but it's probably not suitable for long time use.
All those keyboards will be lost in time....

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #312 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 15:21:29 »
Up for pre order on pccasegear for any interested Australians... :eek:rowdy? ;)

Meh.

Mine has already shipped from the US, and PCCG is only PRE-order.

And PCCG only has full size, and I wanted TKL.

Probably around $25 more expensive from MK but.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Molehasmoles

« Reply #313 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 18:02:22 »
I just got mine, and all is great except that F6, F7, F8, F2, F3, F3 and F4 don't light up. Does anyone know why that is?

EDIT: Ok so I just saw Padawangeeks photos again, and for him it's the same thing one of his photos, but on another photo they are lit. I guess it's some sort of setting. I thought they were broken at first, I always fear the worst.

By the way, for anyone wondering, the keyboard feels amazing. I switched up from a QPAD MK-50 and boy does this one feel way better. The sound and feel of the PBT keycaps (never tried PBT before) and the overall quality made me instantly fall in love. Also, TKL > Full size any day of the week.
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 December 2013, 18:09:07 by Molehasmoles »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #314 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 19:48:53 »
I just got mine, and all is great except that F6, F7, F8, F2, F3, F3 and F4 don't light up. Does anyone know why that is?

EDIT: Ok so I just saw Padawangeeks photos again, and for him it's the same thing one of his photos, but on another photo they are lit. I guess it's some sort of setting. I thought they were broken at first, I always fear the worst.

By the way, for anyone wondering, the keyboard feels amazing. I switched up from a QPAD MK-50 and boy does this one feel way better. The sound and feel of the PBT keycaps (never tried PBT before) and the overall quality made me instantly fall in love. Also, TKL > Full size any day of the week.

What switches did you get?

Did you get blank or engraved keycaps?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Molehasmoles

« Reply #315 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 20:09:23 »

MX Red, engraved.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #316 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 20:34:37 »

MX Red, engraved.

I have MX black engraved on order.

Are the legends very visible with backlighting on and off?

The few pictures I have seen suggest that they are not, but photos of backlit keycaps are not always strictly representative of what you would see in real life.

Offline Linkbane

« Reply #317 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 22:29:33 »
Mine came in yesterday. Blank TKL with Blues, loving it quite a lot so far.
Quickfire TK MX Blue Corsair K60 MX Red Ducky Shine 3 Yellow TKL MX Blue Leopold FC660C
Current best: 162 wpm.

Offline Megaweapon

« Reply #318 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 22:42:18 »

I have seen a review indicating that they are not.

Ancer Research Groop DFK191ABA11 IBM Model M13 Part 92G7461 (white) Rosewill RK-9000
Matias Tactile Pro 3 Apple Extended Keyboard II (ALPS)
Rosewill RK-9000I

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #319 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 00:07:49 »

I have seen a review indicating that they are not.

That was my impression too.

Guess I'll find out soon enough.

Offline Molehasmoles

« Reply #320 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 04:42:14 »

MX Red, engraved.

I have MX black engraved on order.

The few pictures I have seen suggest that they are not, but photos of backlit keycaps are not always strictly representative of what you would see in real life.

They're not VERY visible, but they're more visible than you think after looking at for example padawangeeks photos. On those photos it looks like you only can see the led light, but you can actually see the legends quite easily (atleast when the LEDS are the brightest). It's a lot easier with other backlit keyboards though. Personally, it's not an issue because I rarely look at my keyboard (although this one I find it hard to keep my eyes off of :p), and when I do I can still see the legends without much of a problem. But I guess that's very subjective. Might be worth mentioning that the number keys are barely visible even with LED on, because the LED is placed above the engraved number. This is not the case with any other key.

On another note, I find that the red LED light under the spacebar is far brighter than the blue and the green LED lights. Neither blue nor green shines through the key like red (and yellow) LEDs do.
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 December 2013, 15:19:06 by Molehasmoles »

Offline philip

« Reply #321 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 11:05:00 »
What is the least expensive shop for this if you are in Germany?

I'm not quite sure, but I would try to ask getDigital.de about this, maybe they'll get the yellow Ducky. Especially as they are the retailer for Ducky keyboards in Germany.
You also can try the keyboardco shop, it ships from the UK and should be affordable, but I don't know if they will have this in stock or not.

Thank you for the tip, Genkidama. I emailed getdigital.de about a week ago, but unfortunately they do not sell the yellow Ducky. Keyboardco.com does not have any Ducky keyboards listed in their shop, so I didn't ask.

Getting the yellow Ducky from mechanicalkeyboards.com would cost 152 USD + 39 USD = 191 USD ~= 140 EUR. Plus import sales tax that would be 168 EUR. A bit much.

Is there a less expensive method? Maybe another shop in Europe? Or a shop that deducts their local VAT when exporting?

Offline MechManUK

« Reply #322 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 12:14:39 »

FN+ F9 should light all the F keys
Ducky 9008 Shine 2 MX Red, Ducky 9087 Shine 3 MX Black, Poker II MX Blues, Ducky YOTS Brown MX

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #323 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 14:57:11 »
Was at the shop just now, collected my MX Clear version....took a pic while I was there.
Show Image

I'll admit.. those are cool boxes...

Offline Beca

• what am i doing with my life
« Reply #324 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 15:04:20 »
are the keycaps just thin pbt engraved?

Offline Molehasmoles

« Reply #325 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 15:18:01 »

You can buy the keyboard with either blank or engraved keycaps, and no they're thick pbt :)
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 December 2013, 15:20:22 by Molehasmoles »

Offline fourzeropooh

« Reply #326 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 15:38:38 »
Was at the shop just now, collected my MX Clear version....took a pic while I was there.
Show Image

What shop?  :'(

Offline Beca

• what am i doing with my life
« Reply #327 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 15:53:34 »

You can buy the keyboard with either blank or engraved keycaps, and no they're thick pbt :)
thick pbt?! ahhh i want it now.

Offline fourzeropooh

« Reply #328 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 15:56:51 »
Can you buy the caps seperately?

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #329 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 16:46:15 »

No, but Ducky is coming out with a new dual-tone thick PBT set in January. I know they come in Nordic/iso layout, not sure about ansi.
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #330 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 16:47:52 »
What is the least expensive shop for this if you are in Germany?

I'm not quite sure, but I would try to ask getDigital.de about this, maybe they'll get the yellow Ducky. Especially as they are the retailer for Ducky keyboards in Germany.
You also can try the keyboardco shop, it ships from the UK and should be affordable, but I don't know if they will have this in stock or not.

Thank you for the tip, Genkidama. I emailed getdigital.de about a week ago, but unfortunately they do not sell the yellow Ducky. Keyboardco.com does not have any Ducky keyboards listed in their shop, so I didn't ask.

Getting the yellow Ducky from mechanicalkeyboards.com would cost 152 USD + 39 USD = 191 USD ~= 140 EUR. Plus import sales tax that would be 168 EUR. A bit much.

Is there a less expensive method? Maybe another shop in Europe? Or a shop that deducts their local VAT when exporting?

Last time I checked teraset.net had a full-sized with MX White switches in stock. Not sure about price/VAT etc, though.
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #331 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 19:00:27 »
I'd taken a pic comparing the yellow PBT key caps with one from my YOTS, looks like thick PBT.....it's on pg 9, reply #257.
What shop?  :'(
I'm in Asia, that pic was taken in a local distributor of Ducky, another member here, JoKrik, has been to that very same shop. I'd told him about the Whites and he'd called to reserve one for himself....he's since gotten his as well.
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 December 2013, 19:06:48 by PadawanGeek »

Offline CrazyWu

« Reply #332 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 22:14:40 »

No, but Ducky is coming out with a new dual-tone thick PBT set in January. I know they come in Nordic/iso layout, not sure about ansi.

Yellow edition key cap sets are available in Taiwan, in Blank, English or Zhuyin ansi layout.

Offline goobafish

« Reply #333 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 13:44:46 »
Has anyone gotten one of these from NCIX? Their site doesn't specify Engraved or Blank keycaps on the yellows and I am curious which I am going to be getting. If you have please let me know whether you got Blank or Engraved and if you ordered from NCIX.com or NCIX.ca.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #334 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 15:11:55 »
Has anyone gotten one of these from NCIX? Their site doesn't specify Engraved or Blank keycaps on the yellows and I am curious which I am going to be getting. If you have please let me know whether you got Blank or Engraved and if you ordered from NCIX.com or NCIX.ca.

Can you check the part number?

mk.com lists, for example, TKL MX black engraved as DK9087S3-AUSPTYYY1 and blank as DK9087S3-AUSPUYYY1.

Offline goobafish

« Reply #335 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 17:16:48 »
DK9008S3-QUSPTYYY1 is my part number for MX Whites. So, engraved?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #336 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 17:46:11 »
DK9008S3-QUSPTYYY1 is my part number for MX Whites. So, engraved?

The T does seem to indicate engraved legends.

The "features" list for DK9008S3-AUSPTYYY1 does say "engraved", and the only letter that differs in their part numbers for the Ducky yellow keyboards seems to related to the switch.

Offline goobafish

« Reply #337 on: Wed, 08 January 2014, 17:57:47 »
Awesome, thanks. I will take a pic when I get it. Also ordered a custom yellow braided cable from Pexon to match the keyboard :).