Author Topic: Money Spending Opinions  (Read 1598 times)

Offline scwoopz

Money Spending Opinions
« on: Thu, 15 June 2017, 18:31:55 »
Heyo,

I have $400 to spend. I need some opinions (no new keybs, for now):

1. Build a PC (I play rocket league and some other games, no huge gamer, but it might be nice to play on something other than my MacBook Pro, and to be able to play PC games)

2. Creality CR-10 3d Print (fun to print stuff, that's it. I'd like a 3d printers 😀)

3. New Sony Lens (have an A7ii), and id throw in a couple hundred of my own dollars. This could be good, too. Currently have a Zeiss 55 prime and a 18-32 kit lens.

4. Save money, buy a better pc, or just save in general.

I'm feeling stuck, help me pls :)
ortho or shmortho

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Money Spending Opinions
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 15 June 2017, 18:39:51 »
well you can't build a WHOLE gaming pc for $400.. , just the graphics card would cost $400

that new Xbox one x looks like it's going to be pretty good for $500

For the camera stuff, if you have an a7ii, we could safely assssume you got a bunch of other gear already..   WHICH means only you can answer the question of DO YOU NEED another lens..  and WHAT FOR is most important.

Don't buy a keyboard period,   Keyboards are stupid,   

except ERGODOX..   

ERGODOX = Best Keyboard..

3D printer is fun if you're 12..   but it's pretty much useless for anything an adult would want to build..

Offline mrduul

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 15 June 2017, 18:48:20 »
well you can't build a WHOLE gaming pc for $400.. , just the graphics card would cost $400

that new Xbox one x looks like it's going to be pretty good for $500

For the camera stuff, if you have an a7ii, we could safely assssume you got a bunch of other gear already..   WHICH means only you can answer the question of DO YOU NEED another lens..  and WHAT FOR is most important.

Don't buy a keyboard period,   Keyboards are stupid,   

except ERGODOX..   

ERGODOX = Best Keyboard..

3D printer is fun if you're 12..   but it's pretty much useless for anything an adult would want to build..

Disagree with 3D printer. Good for product prototyping which I am using it for. It has it's niche uses but for some people it's crucial.

My advise is invest in penny stock crypto currency, flip it. buy all that equipment and more.

Also you can always rent the lens for your use. You need to ask yourself how much are you going to use it.
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 June 2017, 18:51:08 by mrduul »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 15 June 2017, 19:04:30 »
A good desktop computer can be built piece-by-piece. Invest in a good case and power supply, with room for expansion. Mid-grade components sell for much less than high-end pieces, and you can upgrade them one at a time.

Used components make a lot of people nervous, but nowadays a lot of perfectly good gear is sold off as the upgrades come along.

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 16 June 2017, 07:32:25 »
I'd say save unless it's critical that you need one of your other options soon-ish.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 07:57:07 »
I'd probably get some drugs and hookers. Invest in your future, live now.