Author Topic: The many faces of Geekhack  (Read 1623824 times)

Offline smarmar

• My other Dell Quiet Keys is a Model M
    • Short Stories to Read in the Dark
Re: The many faces of Geekhack
« Reply #2000 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 14:55:23 »
well-cultured pastime with greatly educated high society gentlemen.

it all started with "let's celebrate doing IELTS with a couple pints at the pub and then go home". a-ha, sure, go home. instead, the party ended in the dark forest 70km away from the city, with one of the colleagues in a trunk, mwahahaha.

Show Image

paper bags must have some spell cast on them since they magically make alcohol invisible to cops.
Those are some sweet orangy shoes, mate! Don't know if you're the one wearing them...
1992 IBM Model M | Tesoro Durandal[Browns] | Hi-Tek Series 725[Space Invaders] | Tandy Enhanced[Sliders] | Dell Quiet Keys | Mitsumi[AT]

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #2001 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 15:17:54 »
Show Image
(Attachment Link) " alt="" class="bbc_img" />

I am justice, lurking in the night.
you look like a great dad
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline smarmar

« Reply #2002 on: Wed, 10 September 2014, 15:29:49 »
Show Image
(Attachment Link) " alt="" class="bbc_img" />

I am justice, lurking in the night.
you look like a great dad
I don't have kids, but thanks. Plenty of nieces and nephews though. But that's actually me, dispensing justice, lurking in the night, in some evil-doer's house. They turned on the light as I was about to bat-shank them into submission. Long story short -- I acquired this photo from the camera in which they were using as a weapon. Not smart. :cool:
1992 IBM Model M | Tesoro Durandal[Browns] | Hi-Tek Series 725[Space Invaders] | Tandy Enhanced[Sliders] | Dell Quiet Keys | Mitsumi[AT]

Offline iri

« Reply #2003 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 04:41:15 »

it all started with "let's celebrate doing IELTS with a couple pints at the pub and then go home". a-ha, sure, go home. instead, the party ended in the dark forest 70km away from the city, with one of the colleagues in a trunk, mwahahaha.

Show Image

paper bags must have some spell cast on them since they magically make alcohol invisible to cops.
Those are some sweet orangy shoes, mate! Don't know if you're the one wearing them...
yeah, that's me.

by the way, i feel like you are going to fit well here.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline smarmar

« Reply #2004 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 14:46:49 »

Show Image

yeah, that's me.

by the way, i feel like you are going to fit well here.

Thank you, kindly.
This seems like a great little community of like-minded passionate people from all over the Earth. I'm glad I happened upon this geekhack thing.

Offline Glissant

« Reply #2005 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 15:01:20 »
76798-0

Look at how fancy I am. Forgot the keyboard at home unfortunately.

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #2006 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 15:05:17 »
absyrd and I from a few years back.
 :-*  :-*  :-*

Show Image

d'aw
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #2007 on: Thu, 11 September 2014, 15:09:54 »
(Attachment Link)

Look at how fancy I am. Forgot the keyboard at home unfortunately.
nice
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #2008 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 21:56:42 »
The wife was starting to get tired of the crazy beard so it was time to start over again...

76970-0

76972-1

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #2009 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 22:04:38 »
The wife was starting to get tired of the crazy beard so it was time to start over again...

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)
Don't worry, you can grow it back when playoff hockey rolls around!
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #2010 on: Fri, 12 September 2014, 22:07:06 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)
Don't worry, you can grow it back when playoff hockey rolls around!

Ya, I basically let it grow for a couple months then take it all down.  That is my standard rotation.  I will have a completely reasonable beard again in a couple weeks.  Then I am off to duck dynasty again for a little while before I go back to this...

Offline iri

« Reply #2011 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 02:15:25 »
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline The Mad Professor

• Ex Scientia, Rabies
« Reply #2012 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 02:41:45 »
Show Image

Then there's the sort-of opposite of this...

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?" - Schlock Mercenary

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2013 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 06:58:06 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

The beard, yes, but what happened to the rest of your hair? :eek:
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2014 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 08:46:35 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

It's an intimidation tactic..

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #2015 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 08:59:35 »

Show Image

Did he successfully get you into keyboards??   :eek:  :cool:

Yes, yes I did! She loves Topres, MX blues, and Click Clacks.

Now here is my face with a nasty tooth infection. HALP ME, SKCHENG!
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #2016 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 10:44:46 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Haha. Beard and hair get cut at the same time. It's a one stop shop. :)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2017 on: Sat, 13 September 2014, 10:48:47 »

Show Image

Now here is my face with a nasty tooth infection. HALP ME, SKCHENG!
Show Image

hahhaahaha.. this actually just happened to me.. a few months back..

Offline intelli78

« Reply #2018 on: Sun, 14 September 2014, 06:49:04 »
hai

Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2019 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 18:01:48 »
Google swag.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #2020 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 18:07:58 »
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #2021 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 19:04:59 »
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #2023 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 19:12:28 »
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline mreverything

« Reply #2025 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 19:13:15 »
no bun no problem

77520-0

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #2026 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 19:13:55 »
here i am at 2am
nice
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 September 2014, 19:19:54 by paicrai »
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2027 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 19:17:53 »
no bun no problem

(Attachment Link)

Ah...  careful posting that type of picture, with the hand there and the open grip on tubular objects...

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #2030 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 19:20:49 »
aight i give in
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #2033 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 21:04:28 »

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2034 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 21:30:37 »
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline evolveS

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #2035 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 21:45:39 »
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 November 2014, 12:46:00 by evolveS »
"money comes and goes, but doubleshots are forever"
-a petty thief

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2036 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 21:46:43 »
you look nothing like holyfield, you can't be the real deal!

Offline evolveS

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #2037 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 21:49:32 »

I venture I could still take a weak-fingered HHKB enthusiast.
"money comes and goes, but doubleshots are forever"
-a petty thief

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
« Reply #2038 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 21:49:45 »
Alpha Geezer in all his glory................

More

Luga G80-1865/MX Reds + Dolch G80-1813/MX Blues + G80-3700HQAUS + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Browns Thick PBT + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Clears Thick PBT +  QFR TKL/Ghetto Greens + Cherry G80-1800/MX Blues + IBM Model M SSK Bolt Modded + IBM Model M + IBM Model F + IBM AT F + Cherry G80-1000 (HAD)/MX Vintage Blacks + Razer BWU/MX Blues + Leading Edge DC2214/Blue Alps + Compaq MX11800/Browns + Chicony 5181/Monterey Blues + Chicony 5161/MX Black Cherry Clone + Focus 2001/White Alps + Chicony 5191/White Futabas + Olivetti ANK27-101 + Dell (Old Logo) AT101/Black Alps + NMB RT8255C+/Black Space Invaders + Unitek K260/Green Alps + Apple M0116/Orange Alps + AEK II M3501/Cream Alps + AEK M0115/Orange Alps + NEC  APC412/Blue Sliders + NEC APC410/Blue Sliders + Omnikey /White Alps + Wang/Yellow Alps (Omrons) + Laser/White SMK + Fame/Blue Aruz + AEK II M3501/Salmon Alps + Zenith ZKB-2R/Green Alps + Wang 724/Orange Alps + DK1087/Green Alps + Zenith ZKB-2/Yellow Alps + Dell Old Logo AT101/Salmon-Pink Alps + Leading Edge AK1012/White SMK's + Magitronic SK-1030/White (Linear) Futaba's + Packard Bell/White (Clicky) Futaba's + Datacomp DFK101/White  Alps + SGI AT101/Dampened White Alps + NMB AQ6RT-72511/Grey Space Invaders (Hi-Tek) + Datacomp/Blue Alps + Phillips 2812/White Space Invaders (Linear) + Dah Yang K251/Vintage MX Blues + Chicony 5161/DS Caps/Vintage MX Blue + Archie-NMB AQ659ZRT-725/Black Space Invader (Tactile) + IBM Model M 71G4644 (RD) Bolt Modded with Soarers Converter + IBM Model M Silver Label 1390131 + Cherry G80-1501/Vintage MX Clears + Focus FK8000/Linear Futabas + Gateway 2000 Anykey Programmable/Maxi-Switch + Dell GY13PVAT101/Dye Sub Caps/Salmon Alps + Chicony 5161/White Alps + AST K0B101/Slider over RD + Qtronix QX-32H + Everex/NMB RT8255CW+ Black Space Invaders-Split Erase + Tandon/NMB AQ659ZRT-101A/Beige Space Invaders + Cherry G80-11903 MNRUS/MX Blacks + Apple IIGS A9M0330/SMK Whites + WYSE PCE/MX Blacks + Chicony 5160AXT/Clicky Futaba + Cherry G80-0528/Vintage MX Blacks + Dell AT101/Linear (Modded) Black Alps+Topre 55g

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2039 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 21:51:09 »

those are fighting words

Offline intelli78

« Reply #2040 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 22:31:13 »
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline Lurch

« Reply #2041 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 22:32:05 »

Show Image

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2042 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 22:40:14 »

Show Image

totally makes up for the fact you like the giants

Offline Lurch

« Reply #2043 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 22:44:14 »
welp

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2044 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 22:46:42 »
EASY BREEZY BEAUTIFUL COVERLURCH

Offline Lurch

« Reply #2045 on: Thu, 18 September 2014, 22:51:46 »
EASY BREEZY BEAUTIFUL COVERLURCH

:)) :-*

Offline Lethal Squirrel

• I <3 60%
« Reply #2046 on: Fri, 19 September 2014, 00:05:57 »
Picture of my I drew on my wacom tablet. I had to make a kawaii version.

« Last Edit: Fri, 19 September 2014, 00:10:19 by Lethal Squirrel »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2047 on: Fri, 19 September 2014, 04:12:49 »

are you "indian ?"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2048 on: Fri, 19 September 2014, 04:13:17 »

Show Image

haha.. First I've heard the terms  Alpha Geezer..

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #2049 on: Fri, 19 September 2014, 06:43:30 »

Show Image

Good to finally put a face to the name. Still debating on putting my face up here but I would hate to scare new members away.