Author Topic: The many faces of Geekhack  (Read 1623812 times)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: The many faces of Geekhack
« Reply #3750 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 07:09:45 »
it got to 35 degrees (Celsius) today and we're only just coming out of winter

Damn! And I thought that living in "Hot-lanta" was bad.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline iri

« Reply #3751 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 07:16:10 »
There be some epic beards in this here thread.  :cool: :thumb:
there is a thread for that.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3752 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 23:08:15 »
I love fall

Show Image

I'm so jealous it got to 35 degrees (Celsius) today and we're only just coming out of winter :( I miss it already

That is a really nice jacket though :thumb:

35.8C here today.

The cool change should have arrived by now ...
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Bomble

« Reply #3753 on: Mon, 05 October 2015, 23:12:54 »

35.8C here today.

Why does it have to be so hot so soon??? I call bull****

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #3754 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 00:08:06 »

35.8C here today.

How do Aussies even survive? That would be so dreadful..

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3755 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 00:42:40 »

35.8C here today.

35C is quite tame.  I grew up in South Australia, where that would be a normal summer temperature.  Up to about 40 would be considered just "hot".

Victoria was always supposed to be cold and wet, and when I moved here there was a 10 year drought, followed by one summer where the temperature reached nearly 46C.  That was, fortunately, only a one-off, and I think it only got to 45 or something.

At least most of the cities are on the coast, and a cool change comes along eventually.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #3756 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 01:33:30 »
Me Australian, thought it was hot in home country. Live in Dubai for half a year. Thank you weather gods for this cool 30 degree day that that you have blessed us with.

Offline hoz

• 60% is more than enough.
« Reply #3757 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 02:42:53 »

35.8C here today.

35C is quite tame.  I grew up in South Australia, where that would be a normal summer temperature.  Up to about 40 would be considered just "hot".

Victoria was always supposed to be cold and wet, and when I moved here there was a 10 year drought, followed by one summer where the temperature reached nearly 46C.  That was, fortunately, only a one-off, and I think it only got to 45 or something.

At least most of the cities are on the coast, and a cool change comes along eventually.

i'd be so dead.
a few degrees below 0 celsius this night, winter is coming...
and even though i hope i'll never need to endure working in -46c ever again, i'd rather have that over +45c, so much easier dressing for cold weather :D
one 40% and seven 60%'s

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #3758 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 07:47:49 »

35.8C here today.

i'd be so dead.
a few degrees below 0 celsius this night, winter is coming...
and even though i hope i'll never need to endure working in -46c ever again, i'd rather have that over +45c, so much easier dressing for cold weather :D

I think if I lose some more fatness.. I won't complain as much about the heat..

Offline iri

« Reply #3759 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 07:56:05 »
Lovely +17 here ;D
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3760 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 08:12:12 »

Victoria was always supposed to be cold and wet, and when I moved here there was a 10 year drought, followed by one summer where the temperature reached nearly 46C. 

I never realized that it was truly that hot down there, at least outside of the desert areas.

I was sweltering here in Atlanta (aka Hot-lanta) when it was 95F/35C every day for 3 weeks straight a couple of months ago.
Fortunately we haven't cracked 100F/38C in the last few years.

Also, how does it heat up so fast in what must be EARLY spring to you guys? Our autumn is just starting to gear up about now.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #3761 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 08:22:37 »

Kind of a candid pic. I didn't really want my picture taken but w/e...sometimes you gotta

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3762 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 08:23:44 »
Show Image

Kind of a candid pic. I didn't really want my picture taken but w/e...sometimes you gotta

Careful RedBottle,  99.99% of geekhack is Single Men... at least 63% are hack3rs

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #3763 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 09:46:06 »
Show Image

Hi Lindsey Lohans mugshot.
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #3764 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 10:38:39 »
Show Image

Show Image

Careful RedBottle,  99.99% of geekhack is Single Men... at least 63% are hack3rs

lol it's a famous US celebrity. I was kidding tp.

Offline iri

« Reply #3765 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 16:19:44 »
bcredbottle is quite ugly i must say

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3766 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 16:56:57 »
Show Image

Show Image

lol it's a famous US celebrity. I was kidding tp.

This what I get for not watching the TV

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3767 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 18:15:23 »
bcredbottle is quite ugly i must say

I don't know. After sobering up and a good shower there may be an improvement.

Offline iri

« Reply #3768 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 18:34:22 »
Heaven forbid me from seeing such girls after sobering up. I'll escape into the nearest window.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #3769 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 20:15:08 »
I didn't take a picture of baldgye :(
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3770 on: Tue, 06 October 2015, 20:57:17 »
I didn't take a picture of baldgye :(

<3

SQUEEEEEEE

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3771 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 02:01:32 »

Victoria was always supposed to be cold and wet, and when I moved here there was a 10 year drought, followed by one summer where the temperature reached nearly 46C. 

I never realized that it was truly that hot down there, at least outside of the desert areas.

I was sweltering here in Atlanta (aka Hot-lanta) when it was 95F/35C every day for 3 weeks straight a couple of months ago.
Fortunately we haven't cracked 100F/38C in the last few years.

Also, how does it heat up so fast in what must be EARLY spring to you guys? Our autumn is just starting to gear up about now.

If we get northerly winds coupled with little or no cloud, it can heat up pretty quickly.  Much of Australia north of here is desert, and the northerly wind is almost always hot and dry.

Plus there is this El Nino thing (ocean current or something) that is warm and slow this year, which is causing temperatures to rise more than usual and for longer than usual.

The general feeling is that this is going to be a long hot summer.

The last couple of days have actually been the hottest October days in Melbourne since 1991 (which is before I moved here from Adelaide).

And today was nice and cool, maximum of about 18.  Then it's about 8 degrees overnight, and forecast top of 22 tomorrow.

Oh and when the cool change arrived (south-westerly winds blowing off the bay) the temperature dropped about 12 degrees in less than 15 minutes.  That is also fairly common (and quite well received too).

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3772 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 07:22:59 »

And today was nice and cool, maximum of about 18.  Then it's about 8 degrees overnight, and forecast top of 22 tomorrow.

Oh and when the cool change arrived (south-westerly winds blowing off the bay) the temperature dropped about 12 degrees in less than 15 minutes.  That is also fairly common (and quite well received too).

Now those are some very nice temperatures. 20C/70F is pretty close to ideal to me.

But those swings are huge!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #3773 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 07:38:12 »

Offline iri

« Reply #3774 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 07:53:17 »

Now those are some very nice temperatures. 20C/70F is pretty close to ideal to me.

But those swings are huge!
melbourne is stuck between two oceans

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #3775 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 09:16:23 »
whoa, just realized i had a cameo in this thread! happier times cpt! happier times!!!

@kat & tj - thankfully only my head is hairy. rest of my body is pretty tame ;)
@punks - how dare you! it's a mans hair, in a bun, not a man bun! come on! :p

ugh who am i kidding its a ****ing manbun >:(

whats up with another north east coast meet? :cool:
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #3776 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 09:23:36 »
lurch has best mans buns
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline iri

« Reply #3777 on: Wed, 07 October 2015, 09:43:33 »
@kat & tj - thankfully only my head is hairy. rest of my body is pretty tame ;)
i am ****ing jelly, wish i had no hair on my body except head

-Ray Bradbury

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3778 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 03:36:23 »
Me  :rolleyes:

More
Actually this is Me and Mini Me
113170-0
« Last Edit: Thu, 08 October 2015, 03:41:28 by DanielT »
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline Prelim

« Reply #3779 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 08:48:50 »
hehe, looks like DanielTiny wants to type in your head ;)
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #3780 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 09:19:14 »
Me  :rolleyes:
Show Image

More
Actually this is Me and Mini Me
(Attachment Link)
too cute ^.^
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline raymogi

« Reply #3781 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 09:26:20 »
nvm
« Last Edit: Fri, 09 October 2015, 07:31:05 by raymogi »
Please feed my addiction.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3782 on: Thu, 08 October 2015, 09:39:36 »
hehe, looks like DanielTiny wants to type in your head ;)
You should see her testing my keyboards :)) best tester ever
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3783 on: Fri, 09 October 2015, 04:17:40 »
Sup
« Last Edit: Sun, 11 October 2015, 23:56:51 by Bevo »

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #3785 on: Fri, 09 October 2015, 04:56:30 »
Sup

Show Image

Dat expression.  Bevo serial killer confirmed.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3786 on: Fri, 09 October 2015, 05:28:17 »
Sup

Show Image

Dat expression.  Bevo serial killer confirmed.

There are so many geekhackers.

It seems reasonable to think,  ONE of them is a serial killer..

I don't see why a serial killer can't also like keyboards.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #3787 on: Fri, 09 October 2015, 05:29:08 »

Guess we found our resident Dexter. :eek:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3788 on: Fri, 09 October 2015, 05:33:54 »

nah... I'm too home-body to bother with all that leg work..

I also had a great childhood.

The statistics show almost all  were troubled youths..

This reminds me, I need to Get Conair on Bluray

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #3789 on: Fri, 09 October 2015, 05:36:53 »
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #3790 on: Fri, 09 October 2015, 05:38:42 »

i get the crossdressing, the sheer sight of the SO twisting in either agony over the broken seems or unstoppable laughter is enough for such things, but how did you reason when you decided to get your star placed there, and in that size? :D
It's actually the band Metallica's symbol, with the colors of the Italian flag

heh, yeah, "star" was just short for "ninja star" as it's usually called.
here's mine, "sadly" no sweet launderie to go with it :P
Show Image

(excuse the nudity, but one got to atleast have a pic from the one period in life "fit" could actually pass as a term used when describing oneself.)
n   i   c   e
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3791 on: Fri, 09 October 2015, 05:48:51 »

Super mean  :-[

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3792 on: Fri, 09 October 2015, 05:55:01 »

Bevo,  what are you.. Hispanic / Asian/ white/ black / brown ?

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #3793 on: Fri, 09 October 2015, 05:56:13 »
he looks scottish to me.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3794 on: Fri, 09 October 2015, 06:20:46 »

Asian. The gf told me to do a normal pose.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #3795 on: Fri, 09 October 2015, 06:28:21 »

Don't worry bro you look smooth.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3796 on: Fri, 09 October 2015, 06:39:16 »

You're in the Clear Bro..

We're the Best when it comes to NOT-Murdering-People

113260-0

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #3797 on: Fri, 09 October 2015, 06:40:06 »

(Attachment Link)

Or maybe asians just don't get caught ?
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3798 on: Fri, 09 October 2015, 06:47:44 »

(Attachment Link)

Or maybe asians just don't get caught ?

Offline Bevo

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3799 on: Fri, 09 October 2015, 06:55:47 »

(Attachment Link)

Haha fark that's hilarious!