Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 1418866 times)

Offline fanpeople

Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #8000 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 05:47:37 »
drove nine hours on some of the straightest roads you have ever seen.

Yea,  but did you go max speed.. !!

nah cuz im in a work car. now im sleep8ng in said car on the side of the road lol
What if a redback crawls inside?

ill just stick my finger up its ass and send it to steve irwin
The finger or the redback?

probebly both

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #8001 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 08:48:21 »
I bicycled for 23 km today around a lake, much of it on dirt roads and trails. Warm, sweaty.

Found out there was a groupbuy for Aurebesh set for XDA called 'Force Awakens' not long ago that I missed despite my constant lurking of many GB's.
 So basically drowned in a bunch of salt today.
Being a huge Star Wars fan, I would have loved an Aurebesh set, but I abhor the sequel trilogy so I would have averted my eyes from the set based on its name.
Edit: Heh. I see no "First Order", "Republic" or "Resistance" symbols.
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 August 2017, 08:50:35 by Findecanor »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #8002 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 12:12:58 »
I bicycled for 23 km today around a lake, much of it on dirt roads and trails. Warm, sweaty.

But did you Round out all dat health-ness wit Veggie dinner ?

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #8003 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 14:44:59 »
With a really sloppy veggie burger, yes. :D
Soy patty, cheese, fried mushrooms and bok choi stems, lettuce, tomato. I did not marinate or fry the mushrooms for very long so it wasn't as good as it could have been, but it was OK.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8004 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 21:55:42 »
Soy patty, cheese, fried mushrooms and bok choi stems, lettuce, tomato. I did not marinate or fry the mushrooms for very long so it wasn't as good as it could have been, but it was OK.

Tp4 so jelly..  can't afford soy patty..  just haz the rice..

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8005 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 05:21:03 »

Tp4 so jelly..  can't afford soy patty..  just haz the rice..

Have some jelly instead.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #8006 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 01:48:15 »
Killed a kangaroo with a car.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #8007 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 02:16:56 »
I hope it died quickly. If they don't, you would have to take them out of their misery. I'm happy I have never been part of something like that.

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #8008 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 02:26:00 »

I'm sorry, my humor is a bit dark so this is the first thing that came to my mind...

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #8009 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 02:38:11 »
I hope it died quickly. If they don't, you would have to take them out of their misery. I'm happy I have never been part of something like that.

I think it died instantly, it was probably only 15 seconds from me getting out and walking back to drag it off the road and was no movement whatsoever.

Interestingly enough about 5 kms on there were a bunch of cows on the road and because I didn't want to hit another kangaroo, I was only going about 80km/h. So I had plenty of time to stop as opposed to 110 around a corner. So in a way that kangaroo may have saved my life (though I doubt I would have died in a jacked up 200 series with ARB bull bar).

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #8010 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 02:38:56 »

I'm sorry, my humor is a bit dark so this is the first thing that came to my mind...

OH SNAP!

Offline iri

« Reply #8011 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 17:32:20 »

I think it died instantly, it was probably only 15 seconds from me getting out and walking back to drag it off the road and was no movement whatsoever.

Interestingly enough about 5 kms on there were a bunch of cows on the road and because I didn't want to hit another kangaroo, I was only going about 80km/h. So I had plenty of time to stop as opposed to 110 around a corner. So in a way that kangaroo may have saved my life (though I doubt I would have died in a jacked up 200 series with ARB bull bar).
Were you driving from WA to Brisbane or what?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #8012 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 20:13:28 »

Were you driving from WA to Brisbane or what?
Nope Mt Isa to Townsville, didn't even leave QLD

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8013 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 21:27:44 »

That's the cover..   it was actually,   Mt Isa to Brothel to Townsville to Townsville Brothel, then back to Mt Isa then Brothel again, then back to bed..

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #8014 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 23:19:08 »

That's the cover..   it was actually,   Mt Isa to Brothel to Townsville to Townsville Brothel, then back to Mt Isa then Brothel again, then back to bed..

i wish

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8015 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 23:22:18 »

i wish

Pulling an OJ,  sticking to the story.. never waiver,

Offline gnmar2723

« Reply #8016 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 23:27:18 »
Took my car to the fancy kustom shop so they can get the sun roof repaired.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8017 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 23:37:48 »

Another one..

Klearly gnmar2723 spent $1000 bux @ the brothel,  then broke his own sun roof,  got it fixed,  replicated the receipt for the difference of the repair and the $1000 he spent at the brothel.. 

Why did he do this?   An elaborate alibi to deceive his wifu, who is 7 month preg with his 2nd child.. 

/Detective Tp

Offline gnmar2723

« Reply #8018 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 23:50:04 »

Another one..

Klearly gnmar2723 spent $1000 bux @ the brothel,  then broke his own sun roof,  got it fixed,  replicated the receipt for the difference of the repair and the $1000 he spent at the brothel.. 

Why did he do this?   An elaborate alibi to deceive his wifu, who is 7 month preg with his 2nd child.. 

/Detective Tp

lmao tp i'm a freshman in college

wish i had that $1000 bux tho>

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #8019 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 00:07:58 »

Sunroofs always seem to end in some form of water damage/rust. They should be called **** my car mother nature roofs.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8020 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 04:01:31 »

Sunroofs always seem to end in some form of water damage/rust. They should be called **** my car mother nature roofs.

they're fine if you buy japanese car.

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #8021 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 04:15:27 »

they're fine if you buy japanese car.

yep. I mean, why wouldn't you buy a japanese car? (except for maybe a western European car if you've got the $$$)

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #8022 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 04:57:20 »
Fixed my Plasma TV for about $20. Ended up being a few SMT transistors and diodes that needed to be replaced. It went much smoother than I expected and SMT soldering without a heat gun wasn't terrible, but I can absolutely see the reason to buy one.

Now I get to return this ****ty 4K Hisense too now  ;D
« Last Edit: Fri, 04 August 2017, 04:59:25 by dgneo »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8023 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 05:02:58 »
Fixed my Plasma TV for about $20. Ended up being a few SMT transistors and diodes that needed to be replaced. It went much smoother than I expected and SMT soldering without a heat gun wasn't terrible, but I can absolutely see the reason to buy one.

Now I get to return this ****ty 4K Hisense too now  ;D

LCD w/ ulmb is the only way to view MOVING pictures.

I guess laservue is technically superior... buhhhh, can't get nemore.

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #8024 on: Sat, 05 August 2017, 16:20:49 »
I found this earlier...

http://i.imgur.com/ggop6NW.jpg http://i.imgur.com/vK0sqTc.jpg

Quite a throwback.
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #8025 on: Sat, 05 August 2017, 18:15:18 »
I found this earlier...

http://i.imgur.com/ggop6NW.jpg http://i.imgur.com/vK0sqTc.jpg

Quite a throwback.
Whoa,  who is this guy? :)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #8026 on: Wed, 09 August 2017, 02:41:59 »
*goes back to being inactive for one year* :D
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #8027 on: Wed, 09 August 2017, 12:51:50 »
I had a summer day-trip to a small town that has the same name as the Swedish word for "panties".
It wasn't as cute or interesting as I had hoped, yet there were some nice café's and pastry shops.

Offline Corgi Butts

« Reply #8028 on: Wed, 09 August 2017, 12:54:04 »
Entered day 51 of Poisoned Summer...

and didn't get an invoice  :(
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 August 2017, 12:58:44 by Bastimret »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8029 on: Wed, 09 August 2017, 22:01:08 »
Started sneezing.

Hopefully spring is not here already, although the buds on the trees and the joyful antics of the birds would seem to indicate otherwise.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline gnmar2723

« Reply #8030 on: Wed, 09 August 2017, 22:07:40 »
I finally made a soarer's converter after like a year of wanting to make one. Literally one of the easiest keyboard related mods I've ever done.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #8031 on: Wed, 09 August 2017, 22:48:34 »
Found 2 acorns inside the AC blower fan on the wife's van, hopefully this fixes the problem with it being super loud and vibrating.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #8032 on: Wed, 09 August 2017, 23:51:19 »
Getting things ready to start soldering my X60.

Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline maltman

« Reply #8033 on: Thu, 10 August 2017, 00:28:54 »
Obsess over my new kinesis advantage and entry into the world of keyboard enthusiasm and ponder my next potential purchase. The sleeper has awakened.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8034 on: Thu, 10 August 2017, 09:21:59 »
Found 2 acorns inside the AC blower fan on the wife's van, hopefully this fixes the problem with it being super loud and vibrating.

that's odd, shouldn't there be a pre-filter

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #8035 on: Thu, 10 August 2017, 10:02:03 »

There's a filter on top of it, no idea how those suckers got in there. 

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8036 on: Thu, 10 August 2017, 21:51:44 »

There's a filter on top of it, no idea how those suckers got in there. 

Sabotage?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8037 on: Thu, 10 August 2017, 22:59:23 »
Discovered that a colleague's phone goes bzzt-bzzt each time he receives a slack message, so spent an entertaining 15 minutes intermittently sending him messages (while waiting for a build to finish, so I wasn't just sitting here doing nothing).

Offline error404fnf

« Reply #8038 on: Sat, 12 August 2017, 19:43:00 »
packed for a roadtrip

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Offline error404fnf

« Reply #8040 on: Sat, 12 August 2017, 19:45:59 »
packed for a roadtrip

Thailand ?
i wish nah im heading to oregon coast for a few days maybe hit California.

Offline gnmar2723

« Reply #8041 on: Sun, 13 August 2017, 12:10:35 »
packed for a roadtrip

Thailand ?
i wish nah im heading to oregon coast for a few days maybe hit California.

Still a very nice place to go and visit. I wish I still had some of my summer left to go on a road trip.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #8042 on: Sun, 13 August 2017, 15:27:01 »
Dug up and separated over 500 iris bulbs.
The wife re-planted only about 10% of them.

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8043 on: Mon, 14 August 2017, 21:54:09 »
Dug up and separated over 500 iris bulbs.
The wife re-planted only about 10% of them.

Garden looks nice :)

Offline fleischverpackung

« Reply #8044 on: Fri, 18 August 2017, 12:12:32 »
I did a 3D scan of my dad and rigged the model.
that's step 1.
step 10 will be the fully assambled acrade machine.
third pic for real life reference

Offline E3E

« Reply #8045 on: Sun, 27 August 2017, 10:39:21 »

What in the world are these?  :confused:

Offline gnmar2723

« Reply #8047 on: Sun, 27 August 2017, 12:27:01 »
Show Image

What in the world are these?  :confused:

I want to try bke so badly....

Offline Sinanju

• Dustoff
« Reply #8048 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 18:57:09 »
Been busy as hell and rarely get time to post (or anything besides study), but I did pass my first check ride in the TH-67 helicopter (Army's training aircraft).  I get to take my first solo flight in a few days.

Here is a generic picture of it:

I'm not a selfie person, but I think it was kind of necessary:

Hell, ended up missing Bros July 4th sale thanks to the SERE-C course.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8049 on: Mon, 28 August 2017, 21:52:49 »
Been busy as hell and rarely get time to post (or anything besides study), but I did pass my first check ride in the TH-67 helicopter (Army's training aircraft).  I get to take my first solo flight in a few days.

Here is a generic picture of it:
Show Image

I'm not a selfie person, but I think it was kind of necessary:
Show Image

Hell, ended up missing Bros July 4th sale thanks to the SERE-C course.

That's awesome!

Not many people have flown in a helicopter, never mind piloting one!