Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 1419411 times)

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #8200 on: Sun, 12 November 2017, 11:09:02 »
Put up some sheetrock and joint compound. This is what happens when you're tenant overflows a toilet.

Before
Show Image

After
Show Image

Now we know where you hide your drugzzz.

Shhhh

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #8201 on: Sun, 12 November 2017, 13:27:04 »
Put up some sheetrock and joint compound. This is what happens when you're tenant overflows a toilet.

Before
Show Image

After
Show Image

Shhhh

Also, I'm not sure if that's ur final picture, but a drywall patch that big needs drywall tape, and also it has to be much much wider ~8-12 inch wide along the seam.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #8202 on: Sun, 12 November 2017, 14:52:45 »

Before
Show Image

After
Show Image

Shhhh

Also, I'm not sure if that's ur final picture, but a drywall patch that big needs drywall tape, and also it has to be much much wider ~8-12 inch wide along the seam.

There we go, let Papa Tissue fix you right up.  :cool:

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #8203 on: Sun, 12 November 2017, 15:09:30 »

Before
Show Image

After
Show Image

Shhhh

Not done, that was just the first coat. Disoriented to bridge the gap between the sheetrock and old plaster.  Not my first time doing sheetrock or plaster.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8204 on: Sun, 12 November 2017, 19:53:56 »
I went through our 3rd bedroom which has become a storage for us. I'm constantly amazed at how much garbage I have.
I feel like some low level hoarder.

I have, had random crap going back years. I'm talking stuff like a gas receipt for $8 from '08. I don't even own that car anymore.

I also had every box from generations of computer upgrades going back to 2010. Ridiculous.

Anyway, I made some great progress and feel closer to having a 3rd bedroom, or actual guest room.

The cleanse continues…

I'd like to be able to throw out some of my old treasured belongings, but I am far too attached to them.

Makes it difficult to move house - we have to find somewhere with lots and lots of storage sapce.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8205 on: Sun, 12 November 2017, 19:55:11 »

I'd like to be able to throw out some of my old treasured belongings, but I am far too attached to them.

Makes it difficult to move house - we have to find somewhere with lots and lots of storage sapce.

bigger house.. ? seems pretty straightforward.. hahahaha

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8206 on: Sun, 12 November 2017, 19:57:43 »

Not done, that was just the first coat. Disoriented to bridge the gap between the sheetrock and old plaster.  Not my first time doing sheetrock or plaster.

Ideally you'd want to fill in the middle too.. But I'm not sure if you'd buy a big enough tube for that.

Are you using dry mix, or premade.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #8207 on: Mon, 13 November 2017, 19:01:19 »
I also had every box from generations of computer upgrades going back to 2010. Ridiculous.

Same.  :-[  Boxes from electronics / computer parts back to 2007 or so.  I'm finally starting to purge all this crap that I clearly don't need, and it is one of the best feelings. 

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8208 on: Mon, 13 November 2017, 20:01:04 »

bigger house.. ? seems pretty straightforward.. hahahaha

Bigger house has more space to acquire more treasured belongings.

This is not a cycle that can end well.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #8209 on: Mon, 13 November 2017, 20:01:05 »

Ideally you'd want to fill in the middle too.. But I'm not sure if you'd buy a big enough tube for that.

No need to cover it all just the seams.

Used dry mix for most of it because it's stronger and dries faster. Light compound for the final coats.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8210 on: Mon, 13 November 2017, 20:41:46 »

Used dry mix for most of it because it's stronger and dries faster. Light compound for the final coats.

I always cover the middle, because otherwise, you run the risk of it looking like there's a donut on the ceiling..

Although depending on your lighting situation, that may not be a big issue.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #8211 on: Mon, 13 November 2017, 22:25:47 »

I always cover the middle, because otherwise, you run the risk of it looking like there's a donut on the ceiling..

Although depending on your lighting situation, that may not be a big issue.

The joint compound should be very *very* thin. And tapered at the edges. Add ceiling flat, and you won't ever notice it.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8212 on: Mon, 13 November 2017, 22:57:54 »

The joint compound should be very *very* thin. And tapered at the edges. Add ceiling flat, and you won't ever notice it.

It has to be around an 1/8 inch when you lay it on and shrinks about 2:1,  then you put another 8th on there.

the thin taper is for edges.. for the seams you want it thick..  Which is why they usually fill the middle too to prevent depth contrast.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #8213 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 18:33:15 »
Did some cleaning.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8214 on: Thu, 16 November 2017, 18:56:57 »
Did some cleaning.
Show Image
Show Image

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Who did you kill..

Quick, someone check Spam's wifu's facebook profile.. 

if it says Visiting grandma.. she's dead,  he's killzed her.

Offline iri

« Reply #8215 on: Fri, 17 November 2017, 05:00:05 »
Read the drama on MakeApp. Looks like yearly temperature in the USA raised a couple degrees.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline iri

« Reply #8216 on: Sat, 18 November 2017, 06:26:30 »
I saw a Realforce on a coworker's desk.

My colleagues are into all sorts of well-marketed vertical mice and Cherry boards but... Realforce?!
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8217 on: Mon, 20 November 2017, 20:03:57 »

My colleagues are into all sorts of well-marketed vertical mice and Cherry boards but... Realforce?!

Nothing wrong with a RealForce.  Topre masterrace and everything.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8218 on: Mon, 20 November 2017, 20:06:30 »

Nothing wrong with a RealForce.  Topre masterrace and everything.

Lowly humans.

//Ergodox God-Tier

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #8219 on: Mon, 20 November 2017, 22:18:22 »
Topre masterrace and everything.

Pfff,  bout to be selling all my topre.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline iri

« Reply #8220 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 13:56:35 »

RF boards are good though.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #8221 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 14:05:02 »

RF boards are good though.
That may be true. I haven't owned a RF. But after owning a HHKB, and FC660C I can make a good guess that I won't love them.

I don't necessarily hate topre. It's just not my cup of tea. Maybe one day I'll try them again and love them.
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8222 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 19:56:42 »

I bout to gets moar Thorpe goodness.

Offline Duckyreddy

• Better skadoodle, poodle.
« Reply #8223 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 00:01:20 »
I got back home from school, heated up some food and ready to eat.
Went to my bag, couldn't feel my laptop.

I left it at school. darn
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 November 2017, 00:07:38 by Duckyreddy »

Ducky One Cherry MX Silent Reds

Leopold FC660M MX Blue
Logitech G403/ Razer Naga 2014

Offline jameshouston135

« Reply #8224 on: Wed, 29 November 2017, 00:56:00 »
hahahaha...today is almost the end of cyber monday deal so i planed to buy those product which could not sold on cybermonday event because they will give me more cheaper price. yeahoooo

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #8225 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 19:43:49 »
Something keyboard related the last 2 days

properly packed 2/3 of the key cap sets I dont have on my keyboards. they were in ziplock bags before which never sat well with me. from this I found some keys are MIA.  >:D

<I wonder how many mortgage payments this would get me?>

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #8226 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 21:38:24 »

properly packed 2/3 of the key cap sets I dont have on my keyboards. they were in ziplock bags before which never sat well with me. from this I found some keys are MIA.  >:D

Show Image

Where did you get the keycap boxes?  I really want to get some for my loose sets.
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline iri

« Reply #8227 on: Sat, 02 December 2017, 08:09:25 »
kitteh!!

-Ray Bradbury

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #8228 on: Sun, 03 December 2017, 18:28:44 »
I got my first speeding ticket today. 55 mph in a 40, and the fine is only $90.

Also, I'm working on my last Public Speaking speech, which is tmrw at 3 p.m.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8229 on: Sun, 03 December 2017, 20:26:44 »

You were probably going 20, 25  over, they usually give you 5, to not be a **** about it.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #8230 on: Sun, 03 December 2017, 21:25:08 »

That **** would've been around $250 here in FL for 15 miles over the speed limit.
More

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Duckyreddy

« Reply #8231 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 02:45:22 »
Pardon the quality lol
Today, I dug up some Lego and made my self a laptop stand!

It is surprisingly sturdy and the reason why I need one is that it gets really hot underneath the laptop when under load and having it elevated just simply looks better next to my monitor, no thanks to spending money on a laptop stand.  ;D

Leopold FC660M MX Blue

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8232 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 05:23:25 »
Pardon the quality lol

Show Image

Show Image

It is surprisingly sturdy and the reason why I need one is that it gets really hot underneath the laptop when under load and having it elevated just simply looks better next to my monitor, no thanks to spending money on a laptop stand.  ;D

Looks cool.

Lego does warp when heated though..   Gotta build around the hot spots.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #8233 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 07:15:27 »

That **** would've been around $250 here in FL for 15 miles over the speed limit.

Yup

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #8234 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 07:30:50 »

Show Image

Where did you get the keycap boxes?  I really want to get some for my loose sets.

I got them when someone was selling used and slightly defective ones for 10$ each. I should have bought the whole lot
https://www.amazon.com/OLizee-Mechanical-Keyboard-Keycaps-Organizer/dp/B01FFACJTE/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1512394006&sr=8-6&keywords=3+layer+keycap

they are the only thing i have seen that fits SA profile caps, though you cant close the lid it does not matter you can cut the lid off.

they are aliexpress though
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/NPKC-EVA-3-Layers-Keycap-Box-165-Keys-2-Layers-Keycap-Box-108-Keys-For-Keycap/32773366452.html?scm=1007.13440.85618.0&amp;pvid=6c460646-cc5b-4061-993c-a7a3ee567226&amp;tpp=1

there is also the cherry profiles (fits dcs and dsa also though dcs is a tight fit) plastic boxes that sherry has. they are technically from GMK i think, i have a couple of these and they fit like 140 keys.
https://originative.co/products/keycap-tray

Offline mason

• have fun with her, ryan
« Reply #8235 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 10:11:24 »

Offline Duckyreddy

« Reply #8236 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 12:10:15 »
Pardon the quality lol

Show Image

Show Image

Looks cool.

Lego does warp when heated though..   Gotta build around the hot spots.

I thought about that and was worried about melting the lego so I made the shape a reversed T shape because the Macbook's fan layout looks like this.  ;)

Leopold FC660M MX Blue

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8237 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 12:26:27 »

I thought about that and was worried about melting the lego so I made the shape a reversed T shape because the Macbook's fan layout looks like this.  ;)

Show Image

gotta check with dat infrared temperature gun.. $5 on ebay.

Offline Duckyreddy

« Reply #8238 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 12:44:50 »

Show Image

too expensive no thanks tp

Leopold FC660M MX Blue

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #8239 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 14:26:10 »

Show Image

Frickin' things are milled out of a solid block of alu-minium and they decided to NOT use that to dissipate some of the heat? c'mon apple

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8240 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 15:02:00 »

Show Image

Frickin' things are milled out of a solid block of alu-minium and they decided to NOT use that to dissipate some of the heat? c'mon apple

the surface is only effective for cooling if its exposed to cooler MOVING air..

The chassis being used for convection cooling is mostly ineffective otherwise, and in this case would make your hands sweaty and lap-Hot.   that's why they don't do it.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #8241 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 15:18:44 »

Show Image

The chassis being used for convection cooling is mostly ineffective otherwise, and in this case would make your hands sweaty and lap-Hot.   that's why they don't do it.

They got to you as well eh? *sighs*

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8242 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 15:20:28 »

They got to you as well eh? *sighs*

ZOMG... apple's a lie.. eggs are a lie

Eat m0ar veggies..

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #8243 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 15:47:21 »
I guess I completed a basic bash script that pulls the moon's phase from a website and sticks it into a fancy i3wm bar so that I know illumination percentage and the phase name. Busy day.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #8244 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 15:54:23 »
Called in sick to work to go to a job interview  :)

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #8246 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 16:39:42 »

I'm happy for ya, I've read how much you hate your current job. I wish you the best of luck with the new gig.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #8247 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 16:59:57 »

I'm happy for ya, I've read how much you hate your current job. I wish you the best of luck with the new gig.

ty dude, interview is only half-way there though, got to keep sending out those apps

Offline smarmar

• My other Dell Quiet Keys is a Model M
    • Short Stories to Read in the Dark
« Reply #8248 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 10:10:19 »

ty dude, interview is only half-way there though, got to keep sending out those apps

UGH...I don't miss those days of job-hunting. :confused: My next career move will be of my own choosing, fulfilling a passion project.
1992 IBM Model M | Tesoro Durandal[Browns] | Hi-Tek Series 725[Space Invaders] | Tandy Enhanced[Sliders] | Dell Quiet Keys | Mitsumi[AT]

Offline smarmar

• My other Dell Quiet Keys is a Model M
    • Short Stories to Read in the Dark
« Reply #8249 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 10:14:57 »
Today, I finished a thing for my woman. It's like a trinket puzzle; every day she reorganizes and adds to the tchotchke mayhem.
183579-0
1992 IBM Model M | Tesoro Durandal[Browns] | Hi-Tek Series 725[Space Invaders] | Tandy Enhanced[Sliders] | Dell Quiet Keys | Mitsumi[AT]