Author Topic: My desk...  (Read 7324 times)

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
My desk...
« on: Mon, 24 July 2023, 04:18:17 »
I have a problem.
I think.
I mean my missus says I have...
I cannot use same desk for a longer period, like more than few years I get bored and need to change it. I get bored to the point I cannot look at it and have to change it. In last 15 years I think I had 5 or 6 desks. Now I want a new one :(

Do you guys have similar problems?

Most of the time, I'm bored of the actual color of the desktop. Right now I have white one, before I had wood effect, or actual real wood desk.
Now I want a nice dark wood desk, like retro style, "Witcher" style as I like to call it :)
My small PC room was redecorated in white 5 years ago, all walls are white with dark brown wood effect floor. So I got real wood small desk, but after 2 years I decided to change it to bigger one, with shelves column next to it. Both white from Ikea. Now I want to make it retro and dark wood. I would love to have that retro - recycled/reclaimed wood desktop made to order, but these are expensive for some reason (I mean its reclaimed scuffolding desks, what the hell?!).
What should I do?
What kind of desks do you guys have? Share photos:) I may find new inspiration! :D
« Last Edit: Mon, 24 July 2023, 04:23:29 by phinix »
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Drop CSTM80 | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: My desk...
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 24 July 2023, 06:21:29 »
Maybe you can go to a neutral light grey desk, then use a $50 led projector to cast different colors/textures.  So you can switch desktop backgrounds instead of buying new desks.

Offline phinix

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 24 July 2023, 07:08:05 »
Maybe you can go to a neutral light grey desk, then use a $50 led projector to cast different colors/textures.  So you can switch desktop backgrounds instead of buying new desks.

TP, your technology ideas - priceless  ;)
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Drop CSTM80 | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 24 July 2023, 09:34:26 »

I have used the same desk for about 30 years. It has followed me through 3 moves and is beastly heavy.

It is a solid walnut desk that my father bought for his office in the mid-1950s.
"Cohen has been described as a “fixer,” a guy who gets things done, who cleans up messes and who calms the waters in a crisis. But mostly, it seems that Cohen was a lackey.
He wasn’t someone telling Trump hard truths to make sure that he was protected. Cohen was the guy who simply wanted to make sure that Trump was placated. He wanted the boss to be happy. Cohen wasn’t using his clout or connections to turn the tide in Trump’s favor.
He was just another person whose ambitions and self-worth had become intertwined with Trump, someone who as federal investigators closed in on him, as he lied and then lied some more, he had to be reminded by his wife, his daughter and his son that Trump was neither his salvation, nor was he someone worth saving." 2024-05-14 comment

Offline phinix

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 24 July 2023, 11:24:37 »

I have used the same desk for about 30 years. It has followed me through 3 moves and is beastly heavy.

It is a solid walnut desk that my father bought for his office in the mid-1950s.

OK... now you HAVE TO show me it, please take a photo  :)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 24 July 2023, 17:57:44 »

please take a photo

It is actually very simple and plain, "mid-century modern"

There ae countless objects on it, the F-122 keyboard and dual monitors are only part of it, and it is blocked on 2 sides by furniture and wall. When I do a long-overdue clean-up I will take a picture.
"Cohen has been described as a “fixer,” a guy who gets things done, who cleans up messes and who calms the waters in a crisis. But mostly, it seems that Cohen was a lackey.
He wasn’t someone telling Trump hard truths to make sure that he was protected. Cohen was the guy who simply wanted to make sure that Trump was placated. He wanted the boss to be happy. Cohen wasn’t using his clout or connections to turn the tide in Trump’s favor.
He was just another person whose ambitions and self-worth had become intertwined with Trump, someone who as federal investigators closed in on him, as he lied and then lied some more, he had to be reminded by his wife, his daughter and his son that Trump was neither his salvation, nor was he someone worth saving." 2024-05-14 comment

Offline phinix

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 24 July 2023, 18:00:03 »

please take a photo

It is actually very simple and plain, "mid-century modern"

There ae countless objects on it, the F-122 keyboard and dual monitors are only part of it, and it is blocked on 2 sides by furniture and wall. When I do a long-overdue clean-up I will take a picture.

To be honest, now with all those stuff on it, its even more interesting.
Of course, if you prefer to clean up its ok, but I would love to see it even blocked with stuff :)