Author Topic: any games console recommendation?  (Read 6930 times)

Offline kr1234

any games console recommendation?
« on: Sat, 04 July 2020, 02:36:39 »
Hi guys! So you can tell I知 a fan of games console. I知 seeking for some new interesting games console. What have you played recently?

Offline captain

Re: any games console recommendation?
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 04 July 2020, 18:34:01 »
I致e been playing PlayStation for years. I知 pretty frustrated and annoyed, and thinking I should get a game PC.

Tapatalk steals money then adds ads back in and demands more money! 
Welcome to geekhack -- where we like to type -- but don't care so much about reading.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 06 July 2020, 11:05:57 »
Hi guys! So you can tell I知 a fan of games console. I知 seeking for some new interesting games console. What have you played recently?

New interesting game console? I wouldn't call anything out now new or interesting. This generation is pretty long in the tooth, and the Switch is literally just a first generation Nvidia Shield with some bluetooth controllers slapped on the sides.

Are you talking vintage/retro as well? If you want something weird/interesting but available, I think the Sega Saturn and Game Gear are pretty cool.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 06 July 2020, 22:57:42 »
Neo Geo - King Of All Consoles!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 07 July 2020, 03:53:03 »
Neo Geo - King Of All Consoles!

Honestly if Tp4 were offered an MVS vs that female in the photo.  Tp4 would hesitate reallllly hard.

If the MVS came with some carts too, then the console all the way, Ez choice.

The AES, welll... again, console if it came with Carts.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 08 July 2020, 03:12:48 »
Keep away from consoles, pick PC :D
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 11 July 2020, 09:56:21 »

I mainly play all my titles on PC, but i use my OG Xbox for XBMC. Looking to mod it further.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 13 July 2020, 10:54:57 »

I mainly play all my titles on PC, but i use my OG Xbox for XBMC. Looking to mod it further.

XBMC eventually evolved into the computer application called Kodi. I loved my modded Xbox consoles, they were a great value for an all-in-one media solution 10+ years ago. These days, you're probably better off even with just some cheap Intel Atom system running Kodi.

How is it modded? Soft mods? TSOP? A chip? Running the stock 8gb hard drive still?

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 13 July 2020, 22:06:34 »

XBMC eventually evolved into the computer application called Kodi. I loved my modded Xbox consoles, they were a great value for an all-in-one media solution 10+ years ago. These days, you're probably better off even with just some cheap Intel Atom system running Kodi.

How is it modded? Soft mods? TSOP? A chip? Running the stock 8gb hard drive still?

I think a chip, running stock 8 gb hard drive. I gotta get some games for it

Offline Z41N

• YouTube Channel
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 24 July 2020, 19:28:11 »
UGHHH I got the PS4 last year because I've had all PS consoles, but man was I heartbroken. The DLCs, the new controller, the "flashier" games (vs. quality/storyline). For me, it was a hard no. Got a gaming PC instead lol

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 27 July 2020, 17:42:51 »
UGHHH I got the PS4 last year because I've had all PS consoles, but man was I heartbroken. The DLCs, the new controller, the "flashier" games (vs. quality/storyline). For me, it was a hard no. Got a gaming PC instead lol

Yeah, the PS4 controller is pretty terrible. It was surprising to me to try one. The original dualshock was better for crying out loud. It seems to me that Sony has been mostly just piggybacking off of that design since they made it. It was the controller to rule them all in the late 90s. It is still usable today, but it had already lost that throne definitively by the time the OG Xbox came out, especially with the s-type controller. M$ has iteratively improved their controllers since while Sony has just added useless gimmicks (besides retrofitting real triggers with the PS3).

I wouldn't know about the rest. Ever since I abandoned Nintendo for good during the GC years, I was lured away from my PS2 mostly by Xbox live and had stuck with Xbox through the 360 years myself. Since then I have gone almost entirely to PC. I would have done so already in high school if I could afford to build a computer. Consoles suck if you can afford something better.