Author Topic: Is there actually anything special about G900 wireless?  (Read 44217 times)

Offline ThoughtArtist

Is there actually anything special about G900 wireless?
« on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 22:31:20 »
I tried a Logitech wireless mouse and it juddered from time to time. If I ever, even once, have a wireless signal issue with a main peripheral, then I will always go back to a 100% reliable wired connection.

Is the G900 just more of the same? Mostly good, but every now-and-then glitchy?

« Last Edit: Wed, 30 March 2016, 22:37:03 by ThoughtArtist »

Offline Bucake

Re: Is there actually anything special about G900 wireless?
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 30 March 2016, 23:20:14 »
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=80758.0

why did you put it in off topic and not just in input devices? :E

IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 31 March 2016, 05:07:35 »
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=80758.0

why did you put it in off topic and not just in input devices? :E

Because he can comment about anything not related to the upcoming G900 mouse.  Very smart operator our TP4 member  8) .

Offline ThoughtArtist

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 02 April 2016, 01:55:35 »
I think the switchable buttons is the coolest part. I still don't care about wireless that much as I don't use it from across the room. My mouse cable is fine if I set it up properly. I have two G303's and a G402 for less than a G900 as well ;)
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 April 2016, 01:57:28 by ThoughtArtist »

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 02 April 2016, 21:43:02 »
it seems to be the first wireless mouse with performance as good as wired mice - and in this case, since it's logitech's new team... it's better than most other mice in performance.

I am impressed by what's been shown so far, but I don't think the shape is for me.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 03 April 2016, 01:46:26 »
it seems to be the first wireless mouse with performance as good as wired mice
You never looked at the G700 I guess.

High end wireless has been right up there for a while.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 03 April 2016, 03:55:53 »

I have, and it's not there :-) really nowhere near as good.

you should read up some on the sensors and what performance is being measured etc.
G700 is rather crap, actually. but it depends on what level you play at, and how picky you are, of course. it's not "high end" by any measure, though.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 03 April 2016, 04:21:21 »
I'm more concern with the weight
for me G602 with two batteries is perfect, and now I'm using MX master since I don't play games as much anymore
but G900 seems too light
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline ThoughtArtist

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 03 April 2016, 04:27:49 »
it seems to be the first wireless mouse with performance as good as wired mice - and in this case, since it's logitech's new team... it's better than most other mice in performance.

I am impressed by what's been shown so far, but I don't think the shape is for me.

Shape is something I would have to use first. I thought I would dislike the g303, but now I find it very comfortable. I love that you can switch sides with the buttons unlike g303 which is otherwise symmetrical. Wireless would be cool since I wouldn't have to reroute my cable when putting on the left of the keyboard. It's nice to use it left handed from time to time to ease strain on my shoulder. I tried FPS gaming with the left hand on the mouse and I really had no trouble with that, it was my right hand that had trouble adjusting to using the keyboard. Instead of strafing, I kept wanting to turn, even though I was using mouse aim just fine left handed.
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 April 2016, 04:32:20 by ThoughtArtist »

Offline ThoughtArtist

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 03 April 2016, 04:29:58 »
I'm more concern with the weight
for me G602 with two batteries is perfect, and now I'm using MX master since I don't play games as much anymore
but G900 seems too light

It helps in games for sure to have a bit lighter. So many complaints about G502 being too heavy, even without the added weights. I just got the g402 instead :)

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 03 April 2016, 06:29:15 »
Why is it so ridiculously expensive? Here in the Netherlands I'd have to pay 180 euro's! My Avior 7000 was "only" 80.
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 03 April 2016, 22:24:04 »
Why is it so ridiculously expensive? Here in the Netherlands I'd have to pay 180 euro's! My Avior 7000 was "only" 80.

it's wireless with the performance of the highest end mice on the market right now, but such a steep price increase might not be the most justifiable :p

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 03 April 2016, 22:47:51 »

you should read up some on the sensors and what performance is being measured etc.
G700 is rather crap, actually. but it depends on what level you play at, and how picky you are, of course. it's not "high end" by any measure, though.

Oh, I'm picky, but at some point, all those stats are just for ego stroking and not actually doing anything for you.
I played FPS for years and did quite well using wireless.
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 03 April 2016, 22:50:11 »
wireless = trash especially for mice

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 03:00:34 »

Oh, I'm picky, but at some point, all those stats are just for ego stroking and not actually doing anything for you.

then not picky enough I'd say, the click latency and even just overall latency was far too high, and the sensor of the G700S has some inherent issues (I think it's the Avago 9800? or 9500. both have the same issue) with tracking. :p

wireless = trash especially for mice

Not this G900S, apparently ;)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 03:24:41 »
I'm now more excited for a G503..  or idk, call it mx600 instead..

Just take the newest sensor, put it into an mx5** case..  reduce the weight to 60g..

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 15:57:26 »

Just take the newest sensor, put it into an mx5** case..  reduce the weight to 60g..

I wish :p would be happy even with ~100g though.
and maybe change back the feet to some more regularly shaped ones... because the G502 ones are pretty stupid :(

Offline Bucake

« Reply #18 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 16:18:50 »
the new G900 has feet like it. it kind of looks like logitech is now stuck using weird shapes like that on all of their mice :-/
edit: well, maybe slightly less weird. but still weird!

fyi, picture taken from this review: http://www.overclock.net/t/1595865/review-of-logitech-g900-chaos-spectrum-wireless-gaming-mouse-by-ino
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 April 2016, 16:22:44 by Bucake »
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 17:24:43 »

then not picky enough I'd say, the click latency and even just overall latency was far too high, and the sensor of the G700S has some inherent issues (I think it's the Avago 9800? or 9500. both have the same issue) with tracking. :p

Latency on newer high end mice can almost always be attributed to one of few things.
A hub, interference, or placing the receiver too far away.  It doesn't go down on your (metal) tower, or up next to your monitor (more metal), which seems to be where everyone puts them. The plate in your keyboard can also be an issue or even a drink in the way.

Surface also has an impact as the mouse tries to figure out what's going on, the G700 and G700 doesn't like glass it works, but it's laggy and inconsistent, the MX Performance has no issues with glass, however on certain fabrics, it's worse than the G700S on glass. This can effect wired mice as well, but seems to effect wireless more, probably due to them using lower power processors. I've never seen a mouse (wired or not) that I couldn't induce tracking issues with, even if you ignore glass.

the new G900 has feet like it. it kind of looks like logitech is now stuck using weird shapes like that on all of their mice :-/

Grrr, all those sharp points are just snags waiting to happen, especially if you have to pull them off to open it.
Show Image

fyi, picture taken from this review: http://www.overclock.net/t/1595865/review-of-logitech-g900-chaos-spectrum-wireless-gaming-mouse-by-ino
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #20 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 18:08:11 »

I find the new Logitech mice hideously disgusting. I get that they want to differentiate and distance themselves from other vendors, but I do not want to hold a spaceship sorry.

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 04 April 2016, 20:12:04 »
Latency on newer high end mice can almost always be attributed to one of few things.
A hub, interference, or placing the receiver too far away.  It doesn't go down on your (metal) tower, or up next to your monitor (more metal), which seems to be where everyone puts them. The plate in your keyboard can also be an issue or even a drink in the way.

Surface also has an impact as the mouse tries to figure out what's going on, the G700 and G700 doesn't like glass it works, but it's laggy and inconsistent, the MX Performance has no issues with glass, however on certain fabrics, it's worse than the G700S on glass. This can effect wired mice as well, but seems to effect wireless more, probably due to them using lower power processors. I've never seen a mouse (wired or not) that I couldn't induce tracking issues with, even if you ignore glass.

surely, and I've tried G700S as well as G602 (which BTW is a lot better than G700S) - they're alright in lag but didn't measure up with wired. the G900s seems to be many many times faster in the avg user's setups.

the sensor itself is the culprit here, just google Avago 9500 / 9800 problems and you'll find all you need. better on hard surfaces but still not good enough.
it's not consistent in its tracking at different speeds, is the summary of it. it's not considered high end by any means, sorry.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 05 April 2016, 01:59:00 »
surely, and I've tried G700S as well as G602 (which BTW is a lot better than G700S) - they're alright in lag but didn't measure up with wired. the G900s seems to be many many times faster in the avg user's setups.

the sensor itself is the culprit here, just google Avago 9500 / 9800 problems and you'll find all you need. better on hard surfaces but still not good enough.
it's not consistent in its tracking at different speeds, is the summary of it. it's not considered high end by any means, sorry.
Waaaaah... It has acceleration... Cry me a river.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline woll3

• ESL Profile
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 05 April 2016, 17:50:17 »

Grrr, all those sharp points are just snags waiting to happen, especially if you have to pull them off to open it.
Show Image

Or rather bad Firmware and/or Sensor Settings. :>

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 01:11:50 »

Waaaaah... It has acceleration... Cry me a river.

no need to be rude. it is an issue preventing the sensor from being high end. it makes it rather low-tier instead.

edit: it's not acceleration either, due to its inconsistency. that would be simplifying it.
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 April 2016, 01:16:31 by munch »

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 22:30:44 »
I'm not trying to be rude.
A few people might be able to detect it, but it sure seems a very small minority cry like whiney brats every time a new mouse comes out that has even the smallest bit of acceleration. Many of whom probably can't detect it if they tried.

It's B.S. to claim it's a "bad" sensor because you dislike it. I dislike Red and Black switches, I may as well game with rubber domes for all they do for me, that doesn't mean they are low end or will not offer any other advantages.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 04:26:09 »
A few people might be able to detect it, but it sure seems a very small minority cry like whiney brats every time a new mouse comes out that has even the smallest bit of acceleration. Many of whom probably can't detect it if they tried.

It's B.S. to claim it's a "bad" sensor because you dislike it. I dislike Red and Black switches, I may as well game with rubber domes for all they do for me, that doesn't mean they are low end or will not offer any other advantages.

that's just bad argumenting. it's not a minor amount for someone using a low sensitivity, you're most likely a more casual gamer than those who seek out the best. it's likely okay to use for a lot of people, but it still makes it an inferior product. there's entire threads on this here on Geekhack, so it's not like I'm the only one.

bad analogy. and you were rude, no need to excuse it.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 05:02:47 »

that's just bad argumenting. it's not a minor amount for someone using a low sensitivity, you're most likely a more casual gamer than those who seek out the best. it's likely okay to use for a lot of people, but it still makes it an inferior product. there's entire threads on this here on Geekhack, so it's not like I'm the only one.

calm down guyz..

Laser sensor has that +/- 5% tracking variation..  This we know.. 

But that's worst case.. it's reduced by making sure you got the proper surface for it.

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 15:01:51 »

calm down guyz..

Laser sensor has that +/- 5% tracking variation..  This we know.. 

But that's worst case.. it's reduced by making sure you got the proper surface for it.

yes :p
if you do fast flicks with lower sensitivity, this will cause you to over and undershoot due to the inconsistency/variability a lot though. no bueno.
but I am sure you know this. even with the proper surface it might still be too much though.

Offline Bucake

« Reply #29 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 17:34:38 »
if you do fast flicks with lower sensitivity, this will cause you to over and undershoot due to the inconsistency/variability a lot though. no bueno.
but I am sure you know this. even with the proper surface it might still be too much though.

i purchased a used G9x today, should arrive next week.
apparently one of the highest variances of all mice, should be fun comparing it to my "normal" mice.. :-)
unless the shape is close to perfect for me, i doubt i'll even actually use it. but when a mouse with "legendary status" comes along for cheap, i just can't help myself, i want to see what the fuss is about.

haven't touched a laser mouse in years though, i bet it'll feel filthy

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 17:42:00 »

i purchased a used G9x today, should arrive next week.
apparently one of the highest variances of all mice, should be fun comparing it to my "normal" mice.. :-)
unless the shape is close to perfect for me, i doubt i'll even actually use it. but when a mouse with "legendary status" comes along for cheap, i just can't help myself, i want to see what the fuss is about.

haven't touched a laser mouse in years though, i bet it'll feel filthy

honestly.. I don't think it's legendary status,

It was really only that "First luxury super mouse" WITH LASERS..

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #31 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 17:42:42 »

Low res may be the issue, I use high sensitivity, often as high as I can get. And no, I was not a casual gamer (yes a girl who games!), I was playing COD, L4D2, the BF series and a few others pretty heavily and scoring near the top of the charts regularly (and accused of using aimbots quite a bit). I cannot stand low res.

You said it yourself it's low res users, the world has moved on. 
What will you do on a 4k monitor, use your whole desk to move across a quarter of your screen?  :))

And some of you need to lighten up, you are taking this far too seriously.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #32 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 17:53:45 »

Low res may be the issue, I use high sensitivity, often as high as I can get. And no, I was not a casual gamer (yes a girl who games!), I was playing COD, L4D2, the BF series and a few others pretty heavily and scoring near the top of the charts regularly (and accused of using aimbots quite a bit). I cannot stand low res.

What will you do on a 4k monitor, use your whole desk to move across a quarter of your screen?  :))

I didn't know you were a girl nor does it actually matter here (nor should anyone care. plenty of girls game). whether it worked or not for you is not the issue here, it is simply that it is an inferior product with issues. if high end is dictated by price and listed specs... well sure, but it's not better in real world use.
the resolution is not the issue, it's the fact that if you move your mouse fast, it will be variable results each time even if you move it the same amount. can't rely on muscle memory the same way.

I'm wondering who's taking it too seriously here... ;) you seem very keen on defending your product. it's a discussion board, this is what you're supposed to do. if you don't want to, just stay out of it.

still bad analogy, and I did not mention resolution on screens? DPI was used just as a measure of sensitivity in this case, if you use high DPI your mouse will move further.

I have used plenty of 4K screens and I don't mind using DPI at 800-1600 or whatever, now you're just exaggerating and being a jerk for no reason. jitter is an issue with higher DPI but that's an entirely different topic.
enough trolling.
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 April 2016, 17:56:41 by munch »

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #33 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 17:56:18 »

I didn't know you were a girl nor does it actually matter here (nor should anyone care. plenty of girls game). whether it worked or not for you is not the issue here, it is simply that it is an inferior product with issues. if high end is dictated by price and listed specs... well sure, but it's not better in real world use.
the resolution is not the issue, it's the fact that if you move your mouse fast, it will be variable results each time even if you move it the same amount. can't rely on muscle memory the same way.

I'm wondering who's taking it too seriously here... ;) you seem very keen on defending your product.

still bad analogy, and I did not mention resolution on screens? DPI was used just as a measure of sensitivity in this case, if you use high DPI your mouse will move further.

I have used plenty of 4K screens and I don't mind using DPI at 800-1600 or whatever, now you're just exaggerating and being a jerk for no reason. jitter is an issue with higher DPI but that's an entirely different topic.
enough trolling.

**** can u sign my mousepad or something

i think i'm fangirling hard rn
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #34 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 18:14:48 »

I'm wondering who's taking it too seriously here... ;) you seem very keen on defending your product. it's a discussion board, this is what you're supposed to do. if you don't want to, just stay out of it.

enough trolling.

Munch..

In my opinion... Given the dearth of females on the internet...  Feel free to just buckle and simply agree to whatever her demands  are..

That's the Internet way..

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #35 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 18:18:33 »
Back to the G900... what IS special about this mouse besides the price point? I read in some reviews that battery life is good but not great either. What has this mouse coming for us? Anybody has it around here?

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #36 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 18:31:40 »
Can't you turn off the acceleration in most modern mice? I guess people really like the sensor

http://www.overclock.net/t/1565518/pmw3366-why-do-you-exist
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 April 2016, 18:36:52 by csmertx »

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #37 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 18:35:15 »
Can't you turn off the acceleration is most modern mice? I guess people really like the sensor

I'm only aware of disabling acceleration in the OS or perhaps on the firmware of a mouse. But I guess you cannot do much when it is inherent to the sensor used?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #38 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 18:43:59 »
Can't you turn off the acceleration is most modern mice? I guess people really like the sensor

I'm only aware of disabling acceleration in the OS or perhaps on the firmware of a mouse. But I guess you cannot do much when it is inherent to the sensor used?

you can disable acceleration in the Newest mice..

but , are you talking about angle snapping, or acceleration..

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #39 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 18:49:14 »

*taps microphone* um, I believe I am talking about acceleration? Teach me senpai
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 April 2016, 18:51:57 by csmertx »

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #40 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 18:52:24 »

*taps microphone* um, I believe I am talking about acceleration? Teach me senpai

I was referring to mouse acceleration. But if I look in my Mionix Avior 7000 control center I can also adjust angle snapping.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #41 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 18:52:31 »

angle snapping is when the mouse draws straight lines when it should be diagonal.

Acceleration is tracking error, when the mouse over or under shoots.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #42 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 18:53:33 »

I was referring to mouse acceleration. But if I look in my Mionix Avior 7000 control center I can also adjust angle snapping.

The angle snapping is not adjustable on every mouse depending on sensor,  but acceleration generally can be disabled on most mice.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #43 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 18:57:22 »
Now that I come to think of it, the G900S uses the same PWM3366 as is in the G502 right? Are there any other mice coming or available already with the PWM3336 sensor?

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #44 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 19:07:59 »

angle snapping is when the mouse draws straight lines when it should be diagonal.

alright, thank you

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #45 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 19:36:23 »
I didn't know you were a girl
Yes, I hide it so well, what with the name and avatar.

I only mentioned it because you said the most common phrase women hear when they say they play games, that it's only "casual games". Sorry, we don't all play Candy Crush. It was not bragging or trolling, what you said came off as extremely sexist, intentional or not.

Sorry if I don't fit your idea of a gamer, some of us don't do things the normal way, but occasional we can still kick ass at it even if we break the rules.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #46 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 19:57:34 »

alright, thank you

let me explain it to you here:
the "acceleration" that Leslieann was talking about is not actually acceleration, it's a sensor error that makes the movement different each time, even if you do identical movement on the pad, same place on the pad, same speed etc.
it's called speed-related accuracy variance (SRAV- term coined by Logitech's team I think :p but it makes more sense that way).
with normal acceleration, same speed and movement would get you to the same spot both times, because of a set acceleration curve.

hope that explains it better.

actual well-implemented acceleration is fine, many professional players use it and do really well. but when it's SRAV it's just no bueno.

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #47 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 19:58:20 »

I only mentioned it because you said the most common phrase women hear when they say they play games, that it's only "casual games". Sorry, we don't all play Candy Crush. It was not bragging or trolling, what you said came off as extremely sexist, intentional or not.

Sorry if I don't fit your idea of a gamer, some of us don't do things the normal way, but occasional we can still kick ass at it even if we break the rules.

that's bull****. I said it because of the way you appear to play the games (or rather what mouse you use). actually I apologize for this one because some pros can do well with flawed mice as well. not G700/G700S though for latency reasons.
not because of your sex. you're the one who's sexist, against your own sex. wow. just don't.
just quit it, and discuss mice instead. thank you.

I don't care how good you are at games or not, the mouse is still flawed. some people do well with flawed mice, doesn't make it a good mouse. (in terms of sensor performance and latency, for G700/G700S at least)
get back on topic.

also let me clarify: casual vs competitive, not "hardcore". sorry if that caused any confusion, that's how I group the two. perhaps not correct though.
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 April 2016, 21:26:42 by munch »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #48 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 23:25:55 »
Now that I come to think of it, the G900S uses the same PWM3366 as is in the G502 right? Are there any other mice coming or available already with the PWM3336 sensor?

Logitech Exclusive deal with pixart..

But I think that 1 year agreement expires soon.

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #49 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 23:39:05 »

G502 has been out for more than a year no? soon 2 years?

the 3360 appears to be very similar, not sure if as-good though.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 07 April 2016, 23:57:09 »

Does Leslieann have Alicia Online installed ?...

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #51 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 03:15:21 »

Cool.. hopefully Mionix makes an Avior with the PWM3366 then, finally. I'll probably buy a G303 and/or a G502 out of sheer curiosity to see what people are talking about. But men are those mice ugly daaaaayyyuuummm.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #52 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 03:43:45 »

Cool.. hopefully Mionix makes an Avior with the PWM3366 then, finally. I'll probably buy a G303 and/or a G502 out of sheer curiosity to see what people are talking about. But men are those mice ugly daaaaayyyuuummm.

for g303, u gotta look further into that sensor wiggle issue..

I haven't kept up with it, but there may be some issue where the housing isn't tight enough.

Everything about the 502 is great..  but u know, cuz most g4m3rz don't lift,  so 120g is considered heavy..

I've recently transitioned to playing low sensitivity, and while I agree lighter would be better, I think you could probably work INTO a heavier mouse.

Offline woll3

• ESL Profile
« Reply #53 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 04:03:48 »

I haven't kept up with it, but there may be some issue where the housing isn't tight enough.

The Lens issue isnt related to "fitting" of the parts, but to assembly as the Lens of PMW3366 and 3360 is permanently stoked to the IC.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #54 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 04:09:54 »

The Lens issue isnt related to "fitting" of the parts, but to assembly as the Lens of PMW3366 and 3360 is permanently stoked to the IC.

just looked up the utube,  easy fix if you're ok with voiding the warranty..

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #55 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 04:15:26 »

Everything about the 502 is great..  but u know, cuz most g4m3rz don't lift,  so 120g is considered heavy..

I've recently transitioned to playing low sensitivity, and while I agree lighter would be better, I think you could probably work INTO a heavier mouse.

So time to get me a g502 then... BUT SO FUGLY. Anyho.. I like heavier mice better than light mice for FPS also. When I'm sniping or camping (yes I'm a coward sometimes), the weight helps me more for long distance precision. A light mouse only helps me when I'm jumping around like an idiot or in the middle of an arena with 20 players. But not so much for the rest. But I must admit.. I don't do Quake so perhaps Quake is different and all.

Offline Bucake

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 07:43:16 »

are you kidding?
you already asked that question, and it was already answered:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=79660.msg2125025#msg2125025

plenty of your questions and opinions/claims are answered by a quick google search.
are you just trolling all the time?
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 April 2016, 07:46:23 by Bucake »

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #57 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 08:13:51 »

are you kidding?
you already asked that question, and it was already answered:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=79660.msg2125025#msg2125025

plenty of your questions and opinions/claims are answered by a quick google search.
are you just trolling all the time?

Sorry, brainfart. No, I'm most certainly not trolling.

Offline Bucake

« Reply #58 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 08:30:06 »
alright man, i'm sorry then :-X

So time to get me a g502 then... BUT SO FUGLY. Anyho.. I like heavier mice better than light mice for FPS also. When I'm sniping or camping (yes I'm a coward sometimes), the weight helps me more for long distance precision. A light mouse only helps me when I'm jumping around like an idiot or in the middle of an arena with 20 players. But not so much for the rest. But I must admit.. I don't do Quake so perhaps Quake is different and all.

i agree that the g502 is really, really ugly.. and i feel the same way about pretty much all current logitech mice like the g402, g900, g303.

one of the biggest complaints about the g502 is probably the weight, so i hope you're sure about digging heavy mice.
but if you think that the shape is right for you, it should be a great pick. :-)

also, i've noticed they started showing up second-hand for decent prices, so you could consider getting a used one.
when i'm "fishing" for mice i usually just save searches so that i get e-mailed once a day, if one has popped up.
(there's actually one for 35 on marktplaats right now - picture isn't great, but it looks like it's on good shape)

but i know some people don't like used products, so it's not for everyone i guess :-)
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 April 2016, 08:35:40 by Bucake »

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #59 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 09:52:00 »
i agree that the g502 is really, really ugly.. and i feel the same way about pretty much all current logitech mice like the g402, g900, g303.

one of the biggest complaints about the g502 is probably the weight, so i hope you're sure about digging heavy mice.
but if you think that the shape is right for you, it should be a great pick. :-)

also, i've noticed they started showing up second-hand for decent prices, so you could consider getting a used one.
when i'm "fishing" for mice i usually just save searches so that i get e-mailed once a day, if one has popped up.
(there's actually one for 35 on marktplaats right now - picture isn't great, but it looks like it's on good shape)

but i know some people don't like used products, so it's not for everyone i guess :-)

I've had the g500s back in the day (I believe top was 1600dpi).. used it in quake 3 team arena, battlefield 1942 and battlefield 2 and cs 1.6. That mouse was AWESOME. Best I ever had. So I imagine the new g502 to be almost the same in terms of weight? If so.. I think I'll like the weight and sensor. But still that thing is ugly. I cannot stop thinking about who authorized those designs..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #60 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 12:00:56 »
If you guys want best quality tracking to lowest price.. WMO is the way to go..  you get perfect tracking for $7-10

Mod it up with some D2F, which will cost another $10 for 3 switches, but $5 is shipping, so depending on how many you buy at one time you get a much better rate...

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #61 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 12:17:34 »
If you guys want best quality tracking to lowest price.. WMO is the way to go..  you get perfect tracking for $7-10

Mod it up with some D2F, which will cost another $10 for 3 switches, but $5 is shipping, so depending on how many you buy at one time you get a much better rate...

WMO or IM3.0? What's better in your regards? Is 450 DPI enough?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #62 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 12:28:52 »

400 dpi is more than enough

Professional CS all huddle around ~800 EFFECTIVE DPI,  but if you look at the chart many many many pro players use 400dpi, because it has absolutely the least jitter..

Which is why WMO is still so popular a choice..

IME:

Pro, 2 extra button, no need to grind button flap

Con, heavier, many counterfeits/clones on ebay

WMO:

Pro, light weight, cheaper, easier to find on ebay, 

Con, button flaps need to be grinded to increase clearance for scroll wheel.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #63 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 13:15:38 »

Professional CS all huddle around ~800 EFFECTIVE DPI,  but if you look at the chart many many many pro players use 400dpi, because it has absolutely the least jitter..

IME:

WMO:

That's some good info, thanks!

Now remind me... why did I toss away my WMO and IM3.0 couple of years ago? I was SO stupid!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #64 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 13:19:56 »

IME:

WMO:

Now remind me... why did I toss away my WMO and IM3.0 couple of years ago? I was SO stupid!

Haha...

Well, man recognizes not his fortune until it has passed.

But, at least if you come across another ime/wmo today, you'll know to appreciate it..

They got alot of WMOs white x08 for $7,  and black colored x80 for ~$10, on ebay

You can maybe get an x06, i heard these might have omrons.. not sure..

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #65 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 14:04:39 »
Just ordered one, so I guess I'll see.

>.>
<.<

What?  Don't look at me like that.  I had a coupon at Dell that was getting ready to expire, so I got it for $70.  You didn't actually think I was going to pay $149 for a mouse, did you?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #66 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 14:18:37 »

>.>
<.<

What?  Don't look at me like that.  I had a coupon at Dell that was getting ready to expire, so I got it for $70.  You didn't actually think I was going to pay $149 for a mouse, did you?

wha.... i didn't know there were half off dell coupons..

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #67 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 14:27:32 »

IME:

WMO:

Haha...

Well, man recognizes not his fortune until it has passed.

But, at least if you come across another ime/wmo today, you'll know to appreciate it..

They got alot of WMOs white x08 for $7,  and black colored x80 for ~$10, on ebay

You can maybe get an x06, i heard these might have omrons.. not sure..

This may get expensive.. I live in the Netherlands.. packaging and shipping will cost me. But that's why I'll be purchasing more :D Just wait till my next salary... this hobby is painful on the wallet.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #68 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 14:30:36 »

This may get expensive.. I live in the Netherlands.. packaging and shipping will cost me. But that's why I'll be purchasing more :D Just wait till my next salary... this hobby is painful on the wallet.

isn't there ebay netherlands ? 

also, you can prolly find these at the office, they prolly just throwin' them out.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #69 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 14:34:02 »

isn't there ebay netherlands ? 

also, you can prolly find these at the office, they prolly just throwin' them out.

Hmm.. I should start digging around at the office. Curious what I'll find.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #70 on: Fri, 08 April 2016, 14:38:55 »

>.>
<.<

It's from their dell advantage rewards.  It sucks dealing with their actual people (they screwed me out of one reward, and the other two expired- thankfully they were small), but I got a dell xps 13 last year, and got a $78 gift card as a rebate.  It expires on the 12th, and this was the only thing I saw that I wanted, so...

* chuckdee shrugs

Free 2-day shipping, so I guess I'll be able to check it out next week.  I love the g602, but just had two warranty replacements because of the stupid middle button, so was primed to try something new.

Offline ThoughtArtist

« Reply #71 on: Fri, 15 April 2016, 23:19:04 »

>.>
<.<

It's from their dell advantage rewards.  It sucks dealing with their actual people (they screwed me out of one reward, and the other two expired- thankfully they were small), but I got a dell xps 13 last year, and got a $78 gift card as a rebate.  It expires on the 12th, and this was the only thing I saw that I wanted, so...

* chuckdee shrugs

Free 2-day shipping, so I guess I'll be able to check it out next week.  I love the g602, but just had two warranty replacements because of the stupid middle button, so was primed to try something new.

Just make sure you buy more if you like it.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #73 on: Sat, 16 April 2016, 04:22:29 »

>.>
<.<

* chuckdee shrugs

(Attachment Link)

Fine collection you got there! Do you like the g400s?

Offline ThoughtArtist

« Reply #74 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 12:37:23 »

>.>
<.<

* chuckdee shrugs

(Attachment Link)

Fine collection you got there! Do you like the g400s?

Yes, g400s is a standard mouse for me, even if it is a bit dated. It has a perfect fit for my palm grip, and the sensor is pleasant to use as it seems to have had all the quirks fixed from the previous iterations. However, I've been using a g303 lately at home. I've really grown fond of ergonomics of it, which surprised me since it is much different than the g400s. Another thing I like about the g303 is that it has a braided cable, so I think if I had a braided g400s cable, I could have something a bit more interesting and up to date. I really like that the sound is dampened of the braided cable moving along the desk.
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 April 2016, 12:43:33 by ThoughtArtist »

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #75 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 13:05:10 »
Nice... no issues with g303 tracking? There was this side tracking quirk right?

Offline ThoughtArtist

« Reply #76 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 13:18:07 »

So far none that I can see. One of the two I have does have the sensor rattle though.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #77 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 13:36:43 »

>.>
<.<

* chuckdee shrugs

(Attachment Link)

That's pretty insane.  And this is from someone who is a pretty compulsive spender.

An update on the G900- it appears only marginally more responsive than the G602, IMO.  I didn't experience any stutters with the g602, so take it with that caveat.  Giving it a bit more time before I actually write up any conclusions, but the shape of it is a big turn-off, and is the thing that I'm having the hardest time getting used to.

Offline Bucake

« Reply #78 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 14:14:11 »
@ThoughtArtist
i don't suppose the G500 cable would work in a G400s?
they seem to use the same colors, but that might mean nothing? (i don't know anything about electronics)

G400:

G500:
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 April 2016, 14:24:17 by Bucake »

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #79 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 14:50:11 »

So far none that I can see. One of the two I have does have the sensor rattle though.

Shame.. are you gonna fix it? Or can you live with it?

Does the rattle actually affect sensor performance?

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #80 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 14:51:00 »
@ThoughtArtist
they seem to use the same colors, but that might mean nothing? (i don't know anything about electronics)

G400:
Show Image

G500:
Show Image

Why would you switch out those USB cables? They broke off or something?

Offline Bucake

« Reply #81 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 15:30:59 »
he mentioned he prefers braided cables, that's all.
when's the last time you've actually read a post? hehehehe

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #82 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 16:27:15 »
he mentioned he prefers braided cables, that's all.
when's the last time you've actually read a post? hehehehe

Sorry, I should scroll more upwards before posting. Don't hit me!

Offline ThoughtArtist

« Reply #83 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 16:29:16 »

>.>
<.<

* chuckdee shrugs

(Attachment Link)

That's pretty insane.  And this is from someone who is a pretty compulsive spender.

An update on the G900- it appears only marginally more responsive than the G602, IMO.  I didn't experience any stutters with the g602, so take it with that caveat.  Giving it a bit more time before I actually write up any conclusions, but the shape of it is a big turn-off, and is the thing that I'm having the hardest time getting used to.

I use them for work as well as home. I have 4 separate computers that I use at work and home, and all get a good mouse when I use them. Also, I need extras in-case something breaks. I don't want to get used to a mouse, have it break, and then have to buy something new I may not like.

I disliked the g303 at first, it felt awkward. Now it's a favorite.

Offline ThoughtArtist

« Reply #84 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 16:33:30 »
@ThoughtArtist

G400:
Show Image

G500:
Show Image

Yes, as long as the wires match up. You could even use something like a Razor cable, but I think you have to switch a couple wires. I think the main issue is the fit on the hole where the wire comes from the mouse. There are some good tutorials on this:

http://imgur.com/a/NzO3M

http://www.overclock.net/t/1588582/paracord-cable-comparison-for-g303-rattling-diy-fix
« Last Edit: Sun, 17 April 2016, 16:43:03 by ThoughtArtist »

Offline ThoughtArtist

« Reply #85 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 16:36:25 »

I'll do the double sided tape fix, eventually. It's annoying for my ears, even though it's slight. I haven't noticed any performance issues outside of what might be some placebo effects.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #86 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 17:08:24 »
I use them for work as well as home. I have 4 separate computers that I use at work and home, and all get a good mouse when I use them. Also, I need extras in-case something breaks. I don't want to get used to a mouse, have it break, and then have to buy something new I may not like.

I use multiplicity a lot so that I don't have to have a mouse per machine.  I have a g9x driving 3 boxes at work, and my G900 driving 3 boxes at home.  I still have a g602 on one of those- just did an RMA on it, so figured I should make *some* use of it.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #87 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 17:39:51 »

I use multiplicity a lot so that I don't have to have a mouse per machine.  I have a g9x driving 3 boxes at work, and my G900 driving 3 boxes at home.  I still have a g602 on one of those- just did an RMA on it, so figured I should make *some* use of it.

If you like the G303,   Try the G100s... it's like 1 with the hand..

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #88 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 17:49:13 »
I think you meant to reply to ThoughtArtist's earlier post

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #89 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 03:49:29 »

I'll do the double sided tape fix, eventually. It's annoying for my ears, even though it's slight. I haven't noticed any performance issues outside of what might be some placebo effects.

Cool, thanks for the info.

I'll probably buy one sooner or later. Still G303 is relatively expensive. But might be worth it... that shape looks awesome for teh hand.

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #90 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 11:14:30 »
I have the G900 also. Wireless is pretty good as advertised. I personally like the shape of it, too, but it is slightly bigger than I'd like. So the same shape, but slightly smaller would have been absolutely perfect.

Still deciding whether I can deal with the bigger size, though.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #91 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 11:22:06 »
I have the G900 also. Wireless is pretty good as advertised. I personally like the shape of it, too, but it is slightly bigger than I'd like. So the same shape, but slightly smaller would have been absolutely perfect.

Still deciding whether I can deal with the bigger size, though.

Bigger than the G502? That one is a bit small for me, weirdly enough. I thought the G502 would be a big beast, but I think it is even too small for palm grip.

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #92 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 11:30:40 »
I haven't owned the G502, but I've tried it out a couple of times. From what I can remember, yea, the G900 should be a bit bulkier/bigger than the G502.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #93 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 11:42:39 »
I haven't owned the G502, but I've tried it out a couple of times. From what I can remember, yea, the G900 should be a bit bulkier/bigger than the G502.
It's smaller than the G602, which is what I've been using before.  It's actually a quite slim profile, and long.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #94 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 11:45:28 »

I still can't wrap my head around that price..

And what I REALLY hate is that your still need a receiver for this thing... Y NO Bluetooth?

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #95 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 11:46:27 »
It's smaller than the G602, which is what I've been using before.  It's actually a quite slim profile, and long.

I'm more of a clawgripper.. but I like to feel the top of the mouse in my palm.. gives some additional resting support.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #96 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 11:58:09 »

And what I REALLY hate is that your still need a receiver for this thing... Y NO Bluetooth?

Because a good number of people don't have bluetooth on their desktops.

Offline Bucake

« Reply #97 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 12:03:46 »

well i can imagine that their wireless is a lot more optimized than bluetooth. they wanted to get it low latency, stable polling, and interference-resistant
what's wrong with a receiver, though? surely you have a USB port free for one? :-)
and more importantly, what chukdee said.

personally if i'd have a wireless mouse then i'd prefer a receiver + cable so i can bring it close to the mouse

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #98 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 12:15:16 »

Because a good number of people don't have bluetooth on their desktops.

Oh yeah.. good point. I have bluetooth everywhere didn't realize that.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #99 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 12:15:55 »

well i can imagine that their wireless is a lot more optimized than bluetooth. they wanted to get it low latency, stable polling, and interference-resistant
what's wrong with a receiver, though? surely you have a USB port free for one? :-)
and more importantly, what chukdee said.

personally if i'd have a wireless mouse then i'd prefer a receiver + cable so i can bring it close to the mouse

It almost sounds like you want your wireless mouse wired :P

Offline Bucake

« Reply #100 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 12:25:27 »
well i'd definitely want the signal to be reliable. if i ever go wireless then it would be to get rid of cable-snag and cable-drag.
i do all my gaming on a desktop PC, so i really wouldn't mind having that cable + receiver on my desk. :-)

a lot of mice have crap cables and they can be pretty bothersome. especially braided cables are absolutely terrible for me as they create a huge amount of friction on my cloth desk mat.
if the G900 was cheaper/simpler then i probably would've gone for it, but it had to have that price tag, and that's just gonna be a no for me ;p

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #101 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 12:26:50 »
well i'd definitely want the signal to be reliable. if i ever go wireless then it would be to get rid of cable-snag and cable-drag.
i do all my gaming on a desktop PC, so i really wouldn't mind having that cable + receiver on my desk. :-)

a lot of mice have crap cables and they can be pretty bothersome. especially braided cables are absolutely terrible for me as they create a huge amount of friction on my cloth desk mat.
if the G900 was cheaper/simpler then i probably would've gone for it, but it had to have that price tag, and that's just gonna be a no for me ;p

But if you basically have the cable on your desk, why not go all the way and KEEP it wired? Or am I reading your post not well?

Offline Bucake

« Reply #102 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 12:45:12 »
it's about the cable giving you extra resistance when moving the mouse around.
not having a cable flapping about or sliding around is a great improvement in my opinion.

for example my WMO has a bad cable, my G9x has a bad cable, my G400 has a bad cable, my DA3.5g has a bad cable.....
having them wireless would be awesome!

unfortunately with the G900 they went crazy on too many things. RGB lighting, some kind of super scroll wheel, 4 side-buttons, some kind of super click design..
if they made a "simple version" with no side-buttons, no LEDs, a normal standard scroll wheel and maybe also remove the pivot stuff, it would probably be cheap enough for me to buy. obviously that's not gonna happen, because logitech's a bunch of dix
« Last Edit: Mon, 18 April 2016, 12:49:03 by Bucake »

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #103 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 12:48:33 »
it's about the cable giving you extra resistance while moving the mouse around.
not having a cable flapping about or sliding around is a great improvement in my opinion.

Yeah I understand that... I once had a mouse with a cable that was way to stiff (Logitech MX something forgot which one). Every time I put my hand of off it, it would move. Very annoying. Especially during gaming.

for example my WMO has a bad cable, my G9x has a bad cable, my G400 has a bad cable, my DA3.5g has a bad cable.....
having them wireless would be awesome!

Cables going bust is really annoying indeed. I never had it myself tbh.

unfortunately with the G900 they went crazy on too many things. RGB lighting, some kind of super scroll wheel, 4 side-buttons, some kind of super click design..
if they made a "simple version" with no side-buttons, no LEDs, a normal standard scroll wheel and maybe also remove the pivot stuff, it would probably be cheap enough for me to buy. obviously that's not gonna happen, because logitech's a bunch of *******s

I must say the G900 looks enticing, but I don't have the money around to buy it right now. Probably gonna wait on Mionix making an Avior-alike with the 3366.

Offline Bucake

« Reply #104 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 12:55:22 »
i didn't mean the cables breaking, i meant them giving too much resistance in some way.
like a braided cable giving a ton of friction on a cloth surface, a cable being extremely stiff, or a cable just being very thick and heavy, etc.
the only cable i think is really okay is the cable on the DA3g, which is really flexible and light. i still tape it down to avoid snagging, but i'm okay with that.

i'm kinda hoping that we'll see some more interesting (and hopefully cheaper) wireless mice this year

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #105 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 12:57:34 »
i didn't mean the cables breaking, i meant them giving too much resistance in some way.
like a braided cable giving a ton of friction on a cloth surface, a cable being extremely stiff, or a cable just being very thick and heavy, etc.
the only cable i think is really okay is the cable on the DA3g, which is really flexible and light. i still tape it down to avoid snagging, but i'm okay with that.

i'm kinda hoping that we'll see some more interesting (and hopefully cheaper) wireless mice this year

I also have a G400s and everybody kept complaining about the light and thin cable, but I quite like that about that mouse. One of the few mouse that don't "hang" against my desk. My Avior 7000 is the first braided cable that is relatively smooth. It does collect a sh*tload of dust though. I really have to clean it once a month or so.

Offline Bucake

« Reply #106 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 13:27:14 »
imo the G400s has a decent cable at the least. i bought one to fix an old MX510 and was surprised by how nice it was.
the G400 uses a different cable, which is stiff and fragile. it got many complaints, which is why the G400s received a more flexible and sturdier cable, including a stress-relieving part.

and yeah i know what you mean about dust on braided cables. mine also grab that bit of dust that's on my mouse mat. never really bothered to clean them though, because i'm lazy :-)

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #107 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 13:37:45 »
imo the G400s has a decent cable at the least. i bought one to fix an old MX510 and was surprised by how nice it was.
the G400 uses a different cable, which is stiff and fragile. it got many complaints, which is why the G400s received a more flexible and sturdier cable, including a stress-relieving part.

and yeah i know what you mean about dust on braided cables. mine also grab that bit of dust that's on my mouse mat. never really bothered to clean them though, because i'm lazy :-)

I've also had the G400 and indeed it was my first cable break at the base where its was attached to the mouse... it literally broke off (well the rubber outer cable).

Offline fuzzybaffy

« Reply #108 on: Mon, 18 April 2016, 17:03:20 »

Hmmm. I've never used the G602 so I can't say, but I find the G900 wider and bulkier than other ambidextrous mice, like the FK1. The G900's butt is even slightly bigger than the Mionix Avior's.

I'm not saying that you're wrong, because obviously the G602 could be a really wide mouse (and wider than the FK1), but just providing extra comparisons so people get a better understanding of its feel.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #109 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 04:43:14 »

Hmmm. I've never used the G602 so I can't say, but I find the G900 wider and bulkier than other ambidextrous mice, like the FK1. The G900's butt is even slightly bigger than the Mionix Avior's.

I'm not saying that you're wrong, because obviously the G602 could be a really wide mouse (and wider than the FK1), but just providing extra comparisons so people get a better understanding of its feel.

Hmm... thanks for the info! Now I need to find a store where I can hold it in my hand. More and more difficult... stores going bankrupt here as well in the advent of webshops.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #110 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 12:44:07 »
Just took some pics last night, but didn't get a chance to post it.  It's definitely narrower than the G602.  I'll post it when I get home.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #111 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 13:21:33 »
Just took some pics last night, but didn't get a chance to post it.  It's definitely narrower than the G602.  I'll post it when I get home.

Cool! Can't wait to see them.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #112 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 19:51:08 »
G900 vs G602

Side by Side

G602 on top of G900

G900 on top of G602

The rear of the G900 is wider, as the 602 tapers off.  And both are the same length.  But everything else is larger on the G602, and it's overall bulkier.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #113 on: Tue, 19 April 2016, 21:56:00 »
Hmm... thanks for the info! Now I need to find a store where I can hold it in my hand. More and more difficult... stores going bankrupt here as well in the advent of webshops.

Bought my model from Scorpion here in Oz and they are a bricks and mortar operation and have been for years.  They saw the future as being online retail, so those idiot stores still refusing to embrace the future, will soon not have one.

The G900 is the mouse that has literally cocked it's leg on all it's adversaries and peed upon them with abandon.  Basically if you are a NON-Logitech mouse owner, learn to love 'Golden Showers' on a daily basis  ;D .

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #114 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 04:03:05 »
G900 vs G602

Side by Side

Show Image

G602 on top of G900

Show Image

G900 on top of G602

Show Image

The rear of the G900 is wider, as the 602 tapers off.  And both are the same length.  But everything else is larger on the G602, and it's overall bulkier.

Thanks for the pics! Yeah, it looks like the G900 went on a diet compared to the G602.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #115 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 05:36:13 »

Bluetooth prioritizes battery life, range and bandwidth over almost everything else, which is fine for an office mouse, or your headset. If it disconnects for a moment or lags, it's probably not a big deal.

On the other hand, Logitech has spent a small fortune making their wireless system lag free and very, very stable. Unlike bluetooth they don't have to concern themselves with bandwidth, range. or making sure it maintains compatibility with other systems leaving them to focus it towards the needs of mice. Discounting environmental or user errors, it's been years since I've seen a (rare) dropped connection. I can't say the same for pretty much any other wireless system I use, much less bluetooth.

I like bluetooth, especially on laptops, but for a gaming mouse, no thanks. I had 3 MX Revolutions, 1 of which was bluetooth (MX 5500) and while it was really nice, and had greater range, it's connection was never as solid as the other two and was relegated to notebook use (it was unable to wake the system either).  And if you're wondering, yes, I could certainly detect lag on it compared to the other two. It made for a fantastic notebook mouse, unfortunately it degraded over time (probably an Omron switch died, like always).
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #116 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 14:14:44 »
It's gonna give you all hand-cancer... with its super speed wireless rays..

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #117 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 21:03:48 »

Or you'll get Gamma-rays and watch your hand turn into the Green Hulk, which most youngsters would think that's cool  ;D .

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #118 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 21:25:03 »

I can rebuild it, I have the technology.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #119 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 14:44:45 »

What about my iPhone on my night drawer?

Fun idea... how about you use the touch screen of an iPhone to simulate left/right mouse button and use the gyroscope in the iPhone as a "sensor". That way, you can use your iPhone as a physical mouse. Would that work?

Offline gameaholic

« Reply #120 on: Sat, 07 May 2016, 10:34:26 »

THIS!  My hand just fits the MX518/G400 shape the best of any mice I've tried.  I wouldn't mind a sniper button and the hyper scroll wheel too.  I may give the G900 a try if I can use a best buy reward or something to bring the price down.  Any good guides on fixing a G400?  It seems my cable died. 
IBM Model M SSK, Filco MJ2 Ninja TKL with Reds ergo-clears, CM Storm QFR 55g Whites, Poker II with Reds

Offline Bucake

« Reply #121 on: Sat, 07 May 2016, 11:21:14 »
one option is just buying a new cable (can be found on ebay)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #122 on: Sat, 07 May 2016, 14:17:38 »
one option is just buying a new cable (can be found on ebay)

Yup..

But it's not an original cable, it's a generic.. 

Not that the original was that good to begin with..

Offline Potatoes

« Reply #123 on: Mon, 23 May 2016, 17:30:58 »

if they made a "simple version" with no side-buttons, no LEDs, a normal standard scroll wheel and maybe also remove the pivot stuff, it would probably be cheap enough for me to buy. obviously that's not gonna happen, because logitech's a bunch of dix

This for me. Except, coming from a Performance MX, I'm in love with the hyper scroll wheel. Like I want to have little hyper scroll wheelettes with it. But Logitech going this whole gamer route with LEDs and that ugly ass mouse design. Kills me a little bit inside.

I'm probably getting the g900 when my wallet allows me to (or hoping for some sale in the meanwhile; ~$100 would be fine and I think that's what I paid for my Performance MX some years ago), but I'm hoping the G900 is what leads to better wireless mice in general with more options, eventually a better price point, and ideally soon. If something comparable comes up within the next year-ish with comparable performance I'll probably just wait.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #124 on: Tue, 24 May 2016, 14:04:08 »
Went to Microcenter over the weekend to compare mice. The G900 was by far the least impressive for the price. $140? lol
It seemed to be on equal footing with mice priced at almost half that, unless you really wanna pay an extra $70 for wireless.
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 May 2016, 14:05:41 by noisyturtle »

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #125 on: Tue, 24 May 2016, 16:58:31 »

This for me. Except, coming from a Performance MX, I'm in love with the hyper scroll wheel. Like I want to have little hyper scroll wheelettes with it. But Logitech going this whole gamer route with LEDs and that ugly ass mouse design. Kills me a little bit inside.

I'm probably getting the g900 when my wallet allows me to (or hoping for some sale in the meanwhile; ~$100 would be fine and I think that's what I paid for my Performance MX some years ago), but I'm hoping the G900 is what leads to better wireless mice in general with more options, eventually a better price point, and ideally soon. If something comparable comes up within the next year-ish with comparable performance I'll probably just wait.

I have it, and I like it.  The led is superflous with the placement- I don't even see it most of the time.  You can turn it off too.  I didn't like the shape originally, but after some time with it, it's grown on me.  The placement of the two buttons on the top annoys me, as does the battery life.  On full charge, it discharges *way* too fast.  But... my final verdict would be, if you can get it on sale, it's a nice mouse.  For the price... well, I'm glad I didn't pay that much.

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #126 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 21:06:03 »
Went to Microcenter over the weekend to compare mice. The G900 was by far the least impressive for the price. $140? lol
It seemed to be on equal footing with mice priced at almost half that, unless you really wanna pay an extra $70 for wireless.

the performance is measurably and (to picky enough gamers, not super picky) noticeably better than any other wireless mouse, and even most wired mice. so it's sorta-justified. :p

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #127 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 09:51:22 »
So anyone got any extended use out of a g900??

It's on my potential new mouse list.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #128 on: Wed, 15 June 2016, 11:36:54 »
So anyone got any extended use out of a g900??

It's on my potential new mouse list.

It's good, but not $150 good.  There's no latency that I can detect, and it's quite responsive.  The battery life on wireless is less than stellar, however, unless you disable the lighting (which is pretty useless), and then it becomes merely ok (this is coming from a g602, so don't know if there was any way it was going to get good marks from me).  And there's a cluster of buttons on the top that's better ignored, IMO.  I tried to use them, and it was an exercise in frustration, so I ignore the fact that they exist.  And I always use the wheel in clicky mode... the infinite scroll mode that I was looking forward to is like a wheel that's about to come off- very wobbly and it becomes hard to click.  It's also very narrow and light- both of which are actually turn offs for me, but some seem to prefer.  But, the shape has grown on me, and having to use "the claw" instead of resting my hand on it as I was accustomed with my g602.

TL;DR - It's a solid mouse; If you can grab it for $100, I'd recommend it.