Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4202247 times)

Offline iri

Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #29300 on: Thu, 21 April 2022, 17:20:40 »
Tortoise is ignoring me >:D
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #29302 on: Thu, 21 April 2022, 17:32:38 »
Tortoise is ignoring me >:D

No plans to go back to PM'ing unless it's specifically in the video game industry. No point on doing both work I don't enjoy, also on a project I have no investment in. The money's not worth doing a job I don't care about. Currently looking at career pivot options, although I'd still love to be working in games since that's what my degree is in.

Offline yui

« Reply #29303 on: Thu, 21 April 2022, 19:51:33 »

Nt, you are trapped, but only you can get yourself out.  100% veggie,  read prevent and reverse heart disease by Caldwell Esselstyn.

that really do bother me, facing a real life or death health issue you still spew out your bull**** about veganism as if it was a proven cure to everything, it is not, never was and never will be, it can help cure some diseases or really, really impede the process depending on the disease. TP4 i am 99.99% certain you have no more medical credential than me or any others here, so stop giving medical advice as if it was a universal truth, it is not and at best you will not help at worst you can actually hurt someone...

Yui, we are net_buddies,  but you are the worst kind of moronic, the kind that refuse to do research.

There is no research here to do, what i am complaining about is telling everyone to stop listening to their doctor who have their health history and analysis result and go to full vegan when it actually can lead to huge health issues when done incorrectly. you are not a doctor, and a random doctor on the internet can say all he wants, he does not know that one case, he can only talks in generics and that is dangerous at best... and believe me i do research, and i did even go vegan for a while. the only consensus i ever saw is that fat and sodium is an aggravating factor for heart diseases, and that a proper diet can limit that, and most vegans do actually take a far better care of their diet than meat eaters so there could be a correlation, but you can still eat your potatoes fried with a ton of salt and still be vegan while still keeping those aggravating factors...
(and btw, you can marry Marie Curie and you would still be a moron when it comes to nuclear physics, marriage does not make you a expert, especially to the grand daughter of the founder of a clinic... whatever the specialty of that clinic is)
(I actually never trust one source, we actually have seen respected and well placed doctors go for easy money by selling out and actually go against general good, a good example is the whole "vaccine cause autism" thing)
(also from the research i did about a year back, the hearth disease reversal stuff is not that well regarded by all doctors, i do not know his thing specifically, as i said i rather look at the consensus of hundreds rather than one when looking for generic guidance but i remember reading about a lot of snakeoil around that)

and NT if your doctor tells you to reduce sodium, try to cook yourself, that way you can still have good food but also control the sodium you do take, when you have time at least, and if you have a degree in games and mostly professionally only care for jobs in games, have you tried making an indie game?
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #29304 on: Thu, 21 April 2022, 19:58:29 »

Yui, we are net_buddies,  but you are the worst kind of moronic, the kind that refuse to do research.

There is no research here to do, what i am complaining about is telling everyone to stop listening to their doctor who have their health history and analysis result and go to full vegan when it actually can lead to huge health issues when done incorrectly.

Stop kidding yourself.  You've done 0 reading, and when presented with the facts, you bury your head in the sand.

This is not 1 source, it's one of many, NONE OF WHICH you've read into .

FACTS:

Doctor Caldwell Esselstyn is director of the Heart Disease Reversal Program at the Cleveland Clinic.(one of the world's leading cardiology hospitals.) [4] And is the author of Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease (2007), in which he argued for a low-fat, whole foods, plant-based diet that avoids all animal products and oils, as well as reducing or avoiding soybeans, nuts, and avocados. The diet has been advocated by former U.S. President Bill Clinton.

There is absolutely NO higher pedigree when it comes to heart health,  for god sake this guy is married to the grand daughter of the FOUNDER of the Cleveland Clinic.

Toured as an Army surgeon in Vietnam
President of the Staff and as a member of its Board of Governors. Cleveland clinic
President of the American Association of Endocrine Surgeons

Offline yui

« Reply #29305 on: Thu, 21 April 2022, 21:41:59 »
i am starting to wonder if you are actually capable of reading more than 10 words, after i discredit your source you cite the same source as being a 2nd source to prove what you are saying, you are actually sounding like a snake-oil salesman. i am rather bad with names and frankly most of the research i have done was on borrowed books so i do not have the sources handy anymore (it is far more budget friendly to borrow books rather than buy 50+, go figure) and i actually have done reading, not like all my father's family, part of my mother's family and my ex girlfriend do have hearth issues, i have actually done a lot of reading and listened to quite a few professionals, maybe not your one source, or maybe just do not remember his name.
pretty much the diet your source is promoting is very low protein and iron, and in some cases it can be a good thing, in others you can't really do much worse.
I TOLD YOU THERE IS NO NEED FOR RESEARCH TO SEE THAT GENERIC ADVICE IS INFERIOR TO ACTUAL TAILORED ADVICE BASED ON ANALYSIS OF THE SITUATION, HOW HARD CAN IT BE TO UNDERSTAND?
do thrust your doctor(s) before a random guy on the internet with a hard on for veganism and his one source that have, in the pedigree he gives him, no place being where he is...
(and yes TP, you actually pissed me off, but then i feel it was the point given that you started by insulting me directly)
and have you even tried to ask yourself why does he say to avoid soybeans? or nuts?
btw, Caldwell Esselstyn also quit Cleveland Clinic in 2000 and is now a diet advisor on vegan food magazines and is selling vegan diet books to combat hearth diseases, i do have a feeling he does have a big incentive in pushing that agenda, isn't he? and his replacement, Nancy Brown, and 2 former colleagues, Harriet A. Hall and Steven Nissen (an actual cardiologist mind you), are saying that no it is not the ultimate solution, and that his research is lacking any kind of data or trials... (also funny how pretty much the same story happened with the vaccine that causes autism... look up Andrew Wakefield) and that was only 10 minutes of research at 2am cause i can't sleep.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29306 on: Thu, 21 April 2022, 22:19:02 »
i am starting to wonder if you are actually capable of reading more than 10 words, after i discredit your source you cite the same source as being a 2nd source to prove what you are saying

You didn't discredit my source, you've only discredited yourself.

You provide no citations, you didn't read into the opposing views, and all you've done is spout nonsense based on preconceived cultural norms.

If you did any amount of reading into Caldwell Esselstyn you'd be easily able to answer those superficial gotcha's you're non_stop about.

No, you've not done that, you continue to rub your vapid desire for negative attention.

All the while, NTurtle is dying in a pool of cholesterol . You clearly don't care about anything other than getting the last word.

FACTS:

Doctor Caldwell Esselstyn is director of the Heart Disease Reversal Program at the Cleveland Clinic.(one of the world's leading cardiology hospitals.) [4] And is the author of Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease (2007), in which he argued for a low-fat, whole foods, plant-based diet that avoids all animal products and oils, as well as reducing or avoiding soybeans, nuts, and avocados. The diet has been advocated by former U.S. President Bill Clinton.

There is absolutely NO higher pedigree when it comes to heart health,  for god sake this guy is married to the grand daughter of the FOUNDER of the Cleveland Clinic.

Toured as an Army surgeon in Vietnam
President of the Staff and as a member of its Board of Governors. Cleveland clinic
President of the American Association of Endocrine Surgeons

Offline yui

« Reply #29307 on: Fri, 22 April 2022, 02:48:59 »
read the full Wikipedia article instead of copy pasting the 2nd paragraph (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caldwell_Esselstyn because yes i did find your source) when Wikipedia says that they have no sources i feel like your source is rather poor, and look at his site and if you are not completely blinded you should be able to see that he does have a big economic incentive to say that (his site: http://www.dresselstyn.com/ , just a storefront for his books)

With regard to Esselstyn's claims, Nancy Brown, CEO of the American Heart Association, said: "Diet alone is not going to be the reason that heart attacks are eliminated. Other key factors include physical activity, cholesterol, blood pressure and weight."[17]

Harriet A. Hall has written that the claims made by Esselstyn are misleading and that the evidence on which they are based is "pretty skimpy".[11] Steven Nissen of the Cleveland Clinic said that his claims are unproven because there isn't data from rigorous clinical trials to support them.[9]

and if you could read, i cited 3 sources against your 1, all 3 actually having better credibility that he does... he is not even a cardiologist, he married into his ex position... and you tell me i have no source
and are you anyone's cardiologist? have you done the 8 years of studies? have you read the analysis results? (pretty sure the answer to all is no)
you are acting like those antivaxers and flat earthers who follows an ex doctor/scientist that makes millions out of selling lies in books and will not even check their background. if you do want to help a good cause stop being stubborn to the point of putting peoples lives in danger and learn to moderate.

and the point is that cholesterol is not the only thing that can cause hearth diseases, he said himself that it was sodium and blood pressure in his case... and neither will be helped with extra salty ready vegan meals and the stress of it costing 4 to 10 times as much as normal meals so maybe not having the money to feed yourself for the whole month, but from the fake poor make sense you would not understand that stress.

talking of cholesterol, veganism is not at all the solution, i can give you a long list of vegan food that is extremely common factor in cholesterol, but as i know you will stop reading after the 1st line no point in writing it.

your source looks like a sham artist, you copy paste Wikipedia, you do not actually disclose copy pasting Wikipedia because it exposes that your source has nothing to base his "research" on, does sell books that highlight his unique approach. as i said look at Andrew Wakefield and the similarities are stunning (although he got his license revoked for, in parts, torturing children to prove that vaccines caused autism)
just give a few others of you 100s of source, or much much better a peer reviewed study.
i am advocating reason here not against veganism, you are treating me as the enemy while you are sinking yourself by using bad sources and refusing to see it, you are acting like child and at the moment no one should in their right mind actually listen to any of your health advice, and instead listen to one, or if possible more, doctor(s) (thing that unless proven i will not believe that you are)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #29308 on: Fri, 22 April 2022, 08:08:15 »

wonder if you are actually capable of reading more than 10 words

(and yes TP, you actually pissed me off)

It has long been known that TP4 seldom if ever reads links, sometimes tossing off a knee-jerk reaction so quickly that it would have been impossible. My guess is that he reads the title, and perhaps the first sentence or 2, then "judges the book by its cover" ....

There is no doubt that diet is an extremely important factor in health, but not the only one. You need look no farther than grazing animals standing in the field who eat nothing but grass yet produce large quantities of saturated fat in their bodies.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29309 on: Fri, 22 April 2022, 08:34:49 »

i am advocating reason here not against veganism, you are treating me as the enemy while you are sinking yourself by using bad sources and refusing to see it, you are acting like child and at the moment no one should in their right mind actually listen to any of your health advice,

So you googled Esselstyn, debunked,  and parrot the first few lines of results. That's been the extent of your "research".   You refuse to read the opposition to your ignorance,  If you did, you wouldn't ask those stupid questions, because they're all very distinctly and clearly answered as they're the absolute most common faqs..

You're about as bad as an antivaxxer, except worse, because your incessant rambling is actually going to get our NTurtle killed.

A Whole food plant based diet is the ONLY intervention shown to REVERSE the atherosclerotic blockages.

No surgical intervention, no pills are capable of doing that.

For every bull**** nancy brown you come up with there are hundreds of studies that say the opposite. You've done nothing but hunt down ghost written tobacco industry style paid initiatives to perpetuate the existing Hospital industry of which 70% of income comes from Heart Disease.

Let's talk financial interests, Esselstyn's primary advocacy is eating a whole food plant based diet, That makes the absolute least amount of money of ANY method to tackle heart disease.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5466936/

https://www.dresselstyn.com/site/articles-studies/

https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1161/JAHA.119.012865

https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/the-right-plant-based-diet-for-you

Offline yui

« Reply #29310 on: Fri, 22 April 2022, 12:42:01 »

So you googled Esselstyn, debunked,  and parrot the first few lines of results. That's been the extent of your "research".   You refuse to read the opposition to your ignorance,  If you did, you wouldn't ask those stupid questions, because they're all very distinctly and clearly answered as they're the absolute most common faqs..

personal insult again, as usual childish and does not help any debate... the extent of my research is finding the source of the paragraph you copy paste and read his own website (that actually does not appear on google, at least not for me on the 1st 2 pages), and did no one ever tell you that there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers, i did ask those question to try to get you into a critical thinking, instead you answer like a cult follower...
i used his own website to "debunk", if you want to use this term, him, what better source could i have used?

You're about as bad as an antivaxxer, except worse, because your incessant rambling is actually going to get our NTurtle killed.

unlike you i do not tell NT to do anything, i invite you (and him by extension) to not by default trust one authority and actually check their background a tiny bit.

A Whole food plant based diet is the ONLY intervention shown to REVERSE the atherosclerotic blockages.

it was never shown to directly cause anything, only better diet did, and there are a correlation with most vegan peoples actually caring about their diet more than the norm, and also being a lot of richer than the norm, both helping a lot with heart diseases and polluting the result pool a lot

No surgical intervention, no pills are capable of doing that.

Kinda true, but also not proven that plant only can so yeah, and even your beloved ex-doctor says on his site that surgery can be the only option...

For every bull**** nancy brown you come up with there are hundreds of studies that say the opposite. You've done nothing but hunt down ghost written tobacco industry style paid initiatives to perpetuate the existing Hospital industry of which 70% of income comes from Heart Disease.

so there is a problem, Nancy Brown and Caldwell Esselstyn have similar credits, if you discount one for working in the health industry you also need to discount the other... (and she ask for the government to raise tobacco taxes, so i feel like she is not in the pockets of that industry)

Let's talk financial interests, Esselstyn's primary advocacy is eating a whole food plant based diet, That makes the absolute least amount of money of ANY method to tackle heart disease.

he is 88, and never was a heart surgeon, he makes money off of the sales of his books and his jobs in vegan magazines... or do you think that his books are free? a lot of ex-doctors make millions off of selling snakeoil in books, no tell me that it is not financial incentive.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5466936/

https://www.dresselstyn.com/site/articles-studies/
so far still only one source, you really have an hard on for the guy...
https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1161/JAHA.119.012865
the 1st line of this paper outright says that it is not representative because it was only conducted on select population...
https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying-healthy/the-right-plant-based-diet-for-you
and this one cites no sources... very good but at least gives the very extremely important disclaimer:
Disclaimer:

As a service to our readers, Harvard Health Publishing provides access to our library of archived content. Please note the date of last review or update on all articles. No content on this site, regardless of date, should ever be used as a substitute for direct medical advice from your doctor or other qualified clinician.
only your 3rd source is actually a scientific paper, that outright says that more research is needed to confirm and be able to generalize.

and let's not even talk at all about the fact that the main sources of fats and sugars are actually vegan already...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29311 on: Fri, 22 April 2022, 12:52:34 »
and let's not even talk at all about the fact that the main sources of fats and sugars are actually vegan already...

You entire argument is un_researched and based on a shaky anti_veganism rhetoric.

Whole food plant based, has very little to do with veganism, which is more ideology than nutrition.

The fact that you lump these things together in a discussion shows how little you've read on the subject.

Please do some actual research before you conflate personal beliefs with medical facts.

Your trolling is killing Noisyturtle.

Offline yui

« Reply #29312 on: Fri, 22 April 2022, 14:01:02 »
You entire argument is un_researched and based on a shaky anti_veganism rhetoric.
Whole food plant based, has very little to do with veganism, which is more ideology than nutrition.

The fact that you lump these things together in a discussion shows how little you've read on the subject.

Please do some actual research before you conflate personal beliefs with medical facts.

Your trolling is killing Noisyturtle.

a few of the main sources of greases in the young adult diet are, chips/crisps, fries/chips, other random deep fried food, cookies (that can be whole plant based), dips...
pretty much all the most greasy food is already based of canola/sunflower seed oil, you can make anything plant-based (because even though you act and sound like a vegan extremist you do not like this word) as greasy and bad for your health as animal based diet, just have to look at the deep-fry everything culture.
and i am not trolling, i am just trying my hardest to keep reason alive in those trying times where a 88 years old senile ex-doctor can be treated as a god by some.
i am very sorry but your whole act is more cult than healthy ideology or nutrition, so is extreme veganism and so why i call you vegan because you are an extremist, and guess what extremes breeds extremes, reactionism is the bread and butter of internet social media, the more extreme you are the more extreme the other side becomes, you are hurting your own camp by being that far out... and i do have 1st hand experience with the result of your way of advocating, i have a friend that will only eat meat in reaction to your kind of bull****, he eats at a minimum 500g of meat per meal and trying to convince him to eat a bit of vegetable i hit myself against a wall like i do with you... i am trying to bring nuance and neutrality to all of that bull**** but as any true neutral both side sees me as the personification of evil and not as a porte-parole to a reasonable and nuanced idea.
and if telling someone to trust actual professionals who have their medical history is trolling, your **** is outright terrorism (and actually follows the original definition of the word : "Terrorism, in its broadest sense, is the use of violence and fear to achieve an ideological aim." now tell me you are not using fear to achieve an ideological aim)
so what would you rather be known as, a clown or a terrorist?
(and maybe stop telling me to research my arguments, i only made one easily verifiable by reading the nutritional facts and ingredients on stuff you find at the supermarket, and mostly only refuted yours so far, by only reading your own sources and applying logic, ok as a programmer logic is meant to be my thing but you can read i hope?)
and to reiterate more clearly, i do not lump plant based diet and veganism, one is part of the other but it does not work both ways, but you and extremist veganism, because i feel i have read enough of you to be able to do that.
at least you have leveled up and stopped with the childish insults, if it last at least one good thing would have come out of this.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29313 on: Fri, 22 April 2022, 14:12:32 »
a clown or a terrorist?

you and extremist veganism,

A clown describes perfectly what you are.  You seek attention to no purpose.

Like I've said,  Veganism is a moral doctrine distinct from WHOLE FOOD PLANT BASED, which is a nutrition profile.

You talk about them as if they're the same thing, and you have a vendetta against, _vegans_.

A person can eat WFPB, and NOT be a vegan.

You've read none of the sources I've presented, or you'd understand the clear difference.

It's one thing for you to do trolling when nothing's at stake.   At the moment our own Noisyturtle faces the cholesterol Abyss.     You are endangering him by muddy'ing the waters with nonsense information which are baseless and incomplete.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #29314 on: Fri, 22 April 2022, 17:21:09 »

he eats at a minimum 500g of meat per meal

Is this a person who eats multiple meals per day?
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline iri

« Reply #29315 on: Fri, 22 April 2022, 18:16:48 »
It doesn't bother me, but it's fun to watch tp4 trolling trolleable people with absolute ease. Also, I get to learn a little French through yui's rants. And I really like the word 'porte-parole'.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline yui

« Reply #29316 on: Sat, 23 April 2022, 06:07:42 »
he eats at a minimum 500g of meat per meal
Is this a person who eats multiple meals per day?
yes, 3, but he is not mad enough to eat 500g of meat for his breakfast, so only about 1kg per day.

It doesn't bother me, but it's fun to watch tp4 trolling trolleable people with absolute ease. Also, I get to learn a little French through yui's rants. And I really like the word 'porte-parole'.
yeah could not find the English word, and as TP does not actually bother reading most of the thing, i did not bother translating :) and yeah when it comes to potential endangerment of other's life i will get real annoyed real fast, like i dunno, telling someone to not trust their doctor and trust a random ex-doctor online, i do thrust NT to not fall for it, but in the mean time i kinda do not want to take the risk.
and i kinda want to see how far TP will devolve cause he finally let his hard on for that ex-doctor go but seems to really take being called a vegan as a huge insult, even worse than being called a terrorist it seems :) and also because his kind of arguments, trolling or not, do create reactionism, and you get peoples who eat way more meat either to "save" the meat industry or just to bother.

although i have an other thing bothering me today, last week my cat had kittens but one died today, the vet said it was likely a kidney malformation and nothing could have been done to save the kitten, but still, feels bad.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #29317 on: Sat, 23 April 2022, 06:25:02 »
seems to really take being called a vegan as a huge insult
I think you're missing his point here - a steak is whole food as it is natural and not processed, a burger is not.  Tp4 isn't saying that NT needs to become a vegan but that he should stop eating "tv dinners" (known as microwave meals in the UK) and switch to natural whole foods, many of which just happen to be vegan.  There isn't a doctor alive who would say that is a bad idea for any patient let alone one who's already had a problem.

last week my cat had kittens but one died today, the vet said it was likely a kidney malformation and nothing could have been done to save the kitten, but still, feels bad.
:(
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline iri

« Reply #29318 on: Sat, 23 April 2022, 06:25:07 »
lol Meat: Farmers' anger over council's plant-based diet email https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-61196529

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29319 on: Sat, 23 April 2022, 08:28:53 »
I think you're missing his point here - a steak is whole food as it is natural and not processed, a burger is not.  Tp4 isn't saying that NT needs to become a vegan but that he should stop eating "tv dinners" (known as microwave meals in the UK) and switch to natural whole foods, many of which just happen to be vegan.  There isn't a doctor alive who would say that is a bad idea for any patient let alone one who's already had a problem.

The problem with yui is not just his ignorance on nutrition, he's actively debasing the ONLY information that is scientifically proven to help Heart disease patients.

That is a malicious form of trolling, putting one's own need for attention above the welfare of others.

Yui is cut from the same cloth as antivaxers.  Though his flavor of idiocy fluctuates by the day.

All the while, people in NTurtle's position, well all he sees now is a 1:1 signal to noise ratio, so that brings his analysis to a standstill,  and in a couple years, he rolls the ~1/4 odds of death by heart attack again.

Blood is on Yui's hands.

It may seem like an innocuous online discussion but it has real world consequences. Yui's a moron, and that itself is infectious and deadly to certain members of the population.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #29320 on: Sat, 23 April 2022, 13:40:44 »
OK, lets start new subject here, I don't want to look at you guys fighting so much.

What's bothering me, is that every time I start a diet, or basically say to myself that I will try to eat less, after 3-4 days I do something stupid and eat a large meal, or some sweets, or something not healthy. My lack of commitment or weak "strong will" in dieting... I will never lose weight, I will die as fatass...
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #29321 on: Sat, 23 April 2022, 13:44:12 »
OK, lets start new subject here, I don't want to look at you guys fighting so much.

What's bothering me, is that every time I start a diet, or basically say to myself that I will try to eat less, after 3-4 days I do something stupid and eat a large meal, or some sweets, or something not healthy. My lack of commitment or weak "strong will" in dieting... I will never lose weight, I will die as fatass...

You're starting too strong. Gotta start small and work up to that kinda thing. Like first eliminate little things that are only 100cal or so and once you've adjusted to that increase it again and remove another thing worth 100cal or so

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #29322 on: Sat, 23 April 2022, 14:09:09 »

You're starting too strong. Gotta start small and work up to that kinda thing. Like first eliminate little things that are only 100cal or so and once you've adjusted to that increase it again and remove another thing worth 100cal or so

This.  For the first month of my 'diet' (2017-current) I recorded everything I ate for analysis.  And that informed me as to what changes needed to be made.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #29323 on: Sat, 23 April 2022, 14:39:10 »

My lack of commitment or weak "strong will" in dieting

The first week or 2 is always the hardest. Once a new pattern is properly established it is much easier to stick with.

But yes, food is a very tempting addiction and it is usually available and relatively inexpensive compared to most of the other enticements out there.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #29324 on: Sun, 24 April 2022, 17:36:25 »
Florida.  I think northern winters accelerate social rehabilitation.  Just a theory I have, but it would be fun to test out.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29325 on: Sun, 24 April 2022, 17:37:39 »
Florida.  I think northern winters accelerate social rehabilitation.  Just a theory I have, but it would be fun to test out.

mertx, what droogs you takes,  Tp4 would like to order.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #29326 on: Sun, 24 April 2022, 18:06:43 »

mertx, what droogs you takes,  Tp4 would like to order.

Show Image

Just a little THC-O flower (hemp derivative) to help me focus, nothing all that exciting.  Currently working through a 1/4 pound of Chewy strain.  Hey, you asked lol

edit - I use a Dynavap M manual vaporizer and Kady Mayd Cyclone bubbler/storage thing to help sooth the ole asthma.

edit - 05/31/22
From the future: the fog kicked in and my lungs said that I had to quit.  It was fun while it lasted tho
« Last Edit: Tue, 31 May 2022, 19:17:56 by xtrafrood »

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #29327 on: Sun, 24 April 2022, 19:49:40 »
I am a bit worried about my health right now. I have blood in my faeces, symptoms of inflammation and aching knees: the last time those things happened, I had colon cancer. Had colonoscopy in January, so no colon cancer, at least.
For the past week, I've felt like there was a lump in my throat: I hope it is just psychosomatic or something.
My dad, which I had inherited my Lynch syndrome from, had throat cancer, but he had also been a heavy smoker and there is no known link between Lynch syndrome and throat cancer ... unless there is one that modern medicine didn't know about.

Offline yui

« Reply #29328 on: Fri, 29 April 2022, 14:14:58 »
After reading this and thinking about it i feel there was a slight misunderstanding, i still stand by my opinion on thrusting your doctor 1st but i did understand whole food a bit wrong in TP4's context, i understood that the whole food intake needed to be plant based not that it was not ready to eat or other processed food (i think that here non processed/whole food is the default, and eating mostly TV-dinners is frowned upon and seen as lazy, as it is known to be worse for you and much more expensive).
So sorry TP4 for the misunderstanding, next time i will try to remember what whole food is :)

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #29329 on: Sun, 01 May 2022, 07:13:30 »
Another depressingly boring long weekend, with the first biannual reminder that nothing has improved looming large.  Then I read stuff like Fin's post and feel bad for feeling bad about nothing while being reminded how powerless I am which doesn't help.  Time to get some life insurance methinks.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #29330 on: Sun, 01 May 2022, 07:54:22 »
I mostly finished setting out my garden and I find it heartening to watch it grow, although it requires constant tending and weeding.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29331 on: Sun, 01 May 2022, 08:55:22 »
Another depressingly boring long weekend, with the first biannual reminder that nothing has improved looming large.  Then I read stuff like Fin's post and feel bad for feeling bad about nothing while being reminded how powerless I am which doesn't help.  Time to get some life insurance methinks.

Recent movie parapharase:

Prison Guard:  Are you excited to finally get out

Prisoner: The outside world is just a bigger prison

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #29332 on: Tue, 03 May 2022, 11:15:22 »
Went out for a meal with extended family on Saturday and by Monday I was tired and sneezing way too often, which were the main symptoms when I had covid last summer.  My Aunt, Cousin and Mum are now testing positive but I managed not to when I got home today (having worn a mask at work drawing evil looks from everyone) meaning I'm still free to do as I please.  What I should do is stay home and not spread it, what I have to do is go to a shop to buy more tests :confused:
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 May 2022, 11:21:17 by suicidal_orange »
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #29334 on: Tue, 03 May 2022, 12:53:30 »
I was under the impression immunity would last six months, that's expired.

To make everything better my Gran just called round to say she's just seen a doctor and has cancer.  Operation followed by chemo - tomorrow.  How near death do you have to be to get treatment that fast on the NHS?
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline iri

« Reply #29335 on: Tue, 03 May 2022, 14:06:30 »
Gran just called round to say she's just seen a doctor and has cancer.  Operation followed by chemo - tomorrow.
UNPOSSIBLE!!111

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #29336 on: Tue, 03 May 2022, 14:20:20 »
Been having "fun" dealing with the IRS over money I didn't make or get paid but was reported that I did by another source.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #29337 on: Wed, 04 May 2022, 09:53:36 »
Another negative covid test, doesn't make me feel any better but does mean I'll have to set an alarm for 5am and potentially another for 7:45 when I'll probably just want to be sleeping.  Gran still not gone in for surgery, uncle is flying in from the US tomorrow to see her.

Been having "fun" dealing with the IRS over money I didn't make or get paid but was reported that I did by another source.
An identity thief with a bad sense of humour?
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #29338 on: Wed, 04 May 2022, 11:34:12 »
Another negative covid test, doesn't make me feel any better but does mean I'll have to set an alarm for 5am and potentially another for 7:45 when I'll probably just want to be sleeping.  Gran still not gone in for surgery, uncle is flying in from the US tomorrow to see her.

An identity thief with a bad sense of humour?

Turned out it was the company I work for, when they changed payroll services.  The previous payroll service reported the wages when they were told not to since they were totaled on the new service.  If the company had sent out a notice that this could happen I would have been on the lookout for it and not stressed as much as I did (nor would I have lost as much sleep as I did either), but fortunately they made a letter and W2c for me to fax over and all is good.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #29339 on: Thu, 05 May 2022, 09:57:30 »
Turned out it was the company I work for, when they changed payroll services.
Nothing like an incompetent payroll provider to mess everything up!

Last covid test failed, still feel crap.  Have I really managed to spend lots of time around my positive testing mum (who's still recovering from a stroke) without catching it while catching something else that feels the same?  Can't help thinking it's incredibly unlikely.  So back out to the shop to buy more tests?  That sounds like a great idea...

Also gran's next day operation was postponed to today, haven't heard anything as to whether it's happened or not.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline iri

« Reply #29340 on: Sat, 07 May 2022, 05:58:24 »
wife said she won't move anywhere from UK :'( i am stuck in this ****hole

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tinlong117

« Reply #29341 on: Sat, 07 May 2022, 08:48:47 »
wife said she won't move anywhere from UK :'( i am stuck in this ****hole
easy, get a new wife.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #29343 on: Sat, 07 May 2022, 08:57:58 »
she won't move anywhere from UK

Serious question : Where would you prefer to go?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29344 on: Sat, 07 May 2022, 09:14:07 »

New Zealand, when the nu(lear winter set in,   that's the best place to go.   OR, some where south asia if you can handle humidity.

Offline Faceman76

« Reply #29345 on: Sat, 07 May 2022, 09:17:43 »
I wouldn't mind moving to Iceland, but everyone in my family would probably object.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

TKC 1800, Crystal Box Navy, Sprit 100g

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29346 on: Sat, 07 May 2022, 10:13:24 »
I wouldn't mind moving to Iceland, but everyone in my family would probably object.

nv(lear winter would certainly bring ice back to iceland.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy

Offline iri

« Reply #29348 on: Sat, 07 May 2022, 14:45:40 »

France. Lower taxes for our situation, better food, climate and language. Culturally closer. Also, not as rundown or dysfunctional as the UK.

Previously, was considering Switzerland. Very high salaries, very low taxes, better food and climate. Not rundown or dysfunctional at all. But due to reports of casual racism this option is now closed.

Ideally, I'd want to live in Spain, but taxes there are very unfavourable for us.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Rezkian

« Reply #29349 on: Sat, 07 May 2022, 15:37:46 »
what bothers me is me, not being able to afford a beam spring ibm near 3000 dollars :-X