Author Topic: 100+ mechanical keyboards typing for 90+ minutes  (Read 3883 times)

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
100+ mechanical keyboards typing for 90+ minutes
« on: Sat, 29 July 2017, 17:17:13 »
The Ultimate Mechanical Keyboard Video! Hope you enjoy :) .

Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline Marvellion

Re: 100+ mechanical keyboards typing for 90+ minutes
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 29 July 2017, 18:18:32 »
I have a sudden dislike for breast implants, weird. Great video as always Thomas, it sure was The Ultimate.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 29 July 2017, 18:34:06 »
I have a sudden dislike for breast implants, weird. Great video as always Thomas, it sure was The Ultimate.

what... why  ??   they're great !!

174556-0

Offline Marvellion

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 29 July 2017, 18:43:44 »
God darn rubber domes, they ruin everything they touch.

Offline klennkellon

• I like bottoming out
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 29 July 2017, 20:22:46 »
Those Fujitsu Leaf Springs and Magnetic Reeds are my favorite sounding.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 29 July 2017, 23:04:17 »

what... why  ??   they're great !!

(Attachment Link)
Except that they're not.

Man that was quite the video, Thomas. Good job.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 30 July 2017, 02:13:03 »
Those Fujitsu Leaf Springs and Magnetic Reeds are my favorite sounding.
Yeah, several people have mentioned that. They do sound quite nice.

Offline antquinonez

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 30 July 2017, 16:56:31 »
Beautiful job. You're a pillar of the community.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 07 August 2017, 21:54:02 »
Aww I thought you were gong to overlay the sounds and gradually build them up until the video finishes with all 100+ keyboard typing at once.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 04:56:41 »
Thomas, there's no limit to the heroic sacrifices you're willing to make for the keeb community. (Man, you even typed on Fujitsu Peerlesses—if that doesn't take guts...!)

If you get carpal tunnel from all that, we'll chip in and buy you a real nice arm brace or two. I also hope you're remembering to, you know, get out a bit now and then.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 06:18:32 »
Thomas, there's no limit to the heroic sacrifices you're willing to make for the keeb community. (Man, you even typed on Fujitsu Peerlesses—if that doesn't take guts...!)

If you get carpal tunnel from all that, we'll chip in and buy you a real nice arm brace or two. I also hope you're remembering to, you know, get out a bit now and then.
I wish I could say that I do, but in all honesty, these keyboard videos are taking up so much time that it's hard to find spare time nowadays xD .

Offline raxander

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 08:41:01 »
Wow thanks so much for doing this!  Curious now what is your absolute worst typing experience on a working-as-intended keyboard - is it that Fold-2000 or are there even worse boards out there?  That thing looks like an instrument of torture.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 08:59:55 »
Wow thanks so much for doing this!  Curious now what is your absolute worst typing experience on a working-as-intended keyboard - is it that Fold-2000 or are there even worse boards out there?  That thing looks like an instrument of torture.
The Fold-2000 has to be the worst one so far. Jesus Christ on a glass ****ing bicycle, it's absolutely horrendous.

Offline raxander

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 12:59:01 »
Is the PC-Jr second place?  I haven't watched the whole video yet, but that one looks like a real contender.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 14:13:27 »
Is the PC-Jr second place?  I haven't watched the whole video yet, but that one looks like a real contender.
No, that's gotta be the Smith-Corona, which is a very close second. Futabas, the Amstrads, Stackpoles/Hi-Teks, Mitsumi miniatures, KT F&F and yes, the original PCJr are all particularly bad offenders too.

Offline raxander

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 08 August 2017, 21:41:18 »
I'm just watching the rest of the video now, and I'm at 1:15:16 - you're typing on the Tipro MID DigiPoS, and your hands are threatening to quit in protest.  They're like "WTF is this even a keyboard?"  You are preserving the history of some of mankind's most diabolical creations.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 09 August 2017, 01:38:02 »
I'm just watching the rest of the video now, and I'm at 1:15:16 - you're typing on the Tipro MID DigiPoS, and your hands are threatening to quit in protest.  They're like "WTF is this even a keyboard?"  You are preserving the history of some of mankind's most diabolical creations.
Yes, the layout on that piece of **** is particularly diabolical, although I have one with a slightly more usable layout as well.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 14 August 2017, 01:48:22 »
The Ultimate Mechanical Keyboard Video! Hope you enjoy :) .

I got a little scared at my physical reaction to this video. I'm pretty sure the sounds of typing produce a fairly strong dopamine reaction in my brain.

That being said, I neeeeeed an audio version of this. I wanna put it on my phone and fall asleep to it.