Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4243746 times)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #20300 on: Wed, 06 July 2016, 09:30:48 »
blatant proof that this country is an oligarchy. USA stepping down to mexico's level of blatant corruption.

The US is a plutocracy, not an oligarchy.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #20301 on: Wed, 06 July 2016, 09:38:14 »
blatant proof that this country is an oligarchy. USA stepping down to mexico's level of blatant corruption.

Corruption is a Cost to governance..

No government or government member is inherently evil,  but there's a limit to personal scope when it comes to decision making.

When the number of organizers necessarily increase, the weight of their individual selfishness coalesce, and result in the larger mal-adaptation which we see in the news..

HOWEVER,, look at it another way..   We have ROADS,  We have ELECTRICITY,  We have INTERNET..

The good that comes from social order at whatever it currently costs, significantly outweighs the bad that it does..

So,  as long as we are net positive.. Humanity moves forward.. the corruption - Cost is both Tolerable and UNAVOIDABLE...

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #20302 on: Wed, 06 July 2016, 09:46:54 »
that's one of the stupidest things you've ever said tp
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20303 on: Wed, 06 July 2016, 09:50:25 »
that's one of the stupidest things you've ever said tp

Corruption is a Cost to governance..

No government or government member is inherently evil,  but there's a limit to personal scope when it comes to decision making.

When the number of organizers necessarily increase, the weight of their individual selfishness coalesce, and result in the larger mal-adaptation which we see in the news..

HOWEVER,, look at it another way..   We have ROADS,  We have ELECTRICITY,  We have INTERNET..

The good that comes from social order at whatever it currently costs, significantly outweighs the bad that it does..

So,  as long as we are net positive.. Humanity moves forward.. the corruption - Cost is both Tolerable and UNAVOIDABLE...

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #20304 on: Wed, 06 July 2016, 10:00:42 »
internet and electricity are privatized in america, at least they are in my state

there goes 2/3rds of your argument
tp thread is tp thread

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20305 on: Wed, 06 July 2016, 10:02:58 »
internet and electricity are privatized in america, at least they are in my state

there goes 2/3rds of your argument

You're choosing to focus on small details, Look at the larger idea of what I'm trying to say..

Without pyramidal hierarchical structures,  we'd have to go back to hunter/gatherer.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #20306 on: Wed, 06 July 2016, 10:38:30 »
I feel like absolute trash this morning.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #20307 on: Wed, 06 July 2016, 11:11:04 »
I feel like absolute trash this morning.

tp thread is tp thread

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #20308 on: Wed, 06 July 2016, 11:37:15 »
heh

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #20309 on: Wed, 06 July 2016, 12:33:33 »

same difference, the rich are untouchable.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #20310 on: Wed, 06 July 2016, 12:52:10 »

same difference, the rich are untouchable.

Well, then grab those bootstraps and get rich or die tryin.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #20311 on: Wed, 06 July 2016, 13:19:44 »
Woke up from a great night's sleep, got ready for the 75 min commute, got in the car, and my eyes started burning.  Like pink-eye style burning.

Visual ispection confirms it's not conjunctivitis, but burning eyes make for a miserable day behind a keyboard.
RF87U 55g (damaged)  |  AV3 w/POM Plate  |  Thermal (to be built)  |  ID80v1 (to be rebuilt)  |  Tokyo60

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #20312 on: Wed, 06 July 2016, 18:01:47 »
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #20313 on: Wed, 06 July 2016, 18:16:34 »
Words like "on-boarding".

http://www.ippon.tech/blog/vagrant-and-ansible-for-new-developer-on-boarding/

Makes me want to vomit.

Maybe they want you on board with the term?

Offline joey

« Reply #20314 on: Wed, 06 July 2016, 18:25:49 »
That 15/60 of these blue alps seem to be dead.

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #20315 on: Wed, 06 July 2016, 18:34:21 »
Words like "on-boarding".

http://www.ippon.tech/blog/vagrant-and-ansible-for-new-developer-on-boarding/

Makes me want to vomit.

The euphemisms in place to allow people to sound sophisticated are around everybody and are especially ridiculous when applied to people.  Some seem to think that I judge a person favorably when they use such words and nothing could be farther from the truth.

I don't have the willpower to stop eating these cheese Lays Stax chips and I forsee the cykendar being gone quickly.  I isually prevent this problem by not bringing them to work in the first place, but the sealed container was a leftover from another work divisions lunch.  I'm not going to say no.
RF87U 55g (damaged)  |  AV3 w/POM Plate  |  Thermal (to be built)  |  ID80v1 (to be rebuilt)  |  Tokyo60

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20316 on: Wed, 06 July 2016, 20:45:26 »
Woke up from a great night's sleep, got ready for the 75 min commute, got in the car, and my eyes started burning.  Like pink-eye style burning.

Visual ispection confirms it's not conjunctivitis, but burning eyes make for a miserable day behind a keyboard.

Ur dying..

Dibs on ur stufff.... 

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #20317 on: Wed, 06 July 2016, 20:47:39 »

Ur dying..

Dibs on ur stufff....

Every day you live is a day closer to your death.  So we are all dying.  Eye drops helped a bit, so don't be counting your chickens yet.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20318 on: Wed, 06 July 2016, 20:53:58 »

Ur dying..

Dibs on ur stufff....

Every day you live is a day closer to your death.  So we are all dying.  Eye drops helped a bit, so don't be counting your chickens yet.

No, it's clearly a brain tumor near your lacrimal nerve causing your tear ducts to malfunction.

So many chickens.. hurray...

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #20319 on: Wed, 06 July 2016, 20:57:09 »

Ur dying..

Dibs on ur stufff....

No, it's clearly a brain tumor near your lacrimal nerve causing your tear ducts to malfunction.

It sounds like you stayed at a Holiday Inn.  Your diagnosis sounds legit.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20320 on: Wed, 06 July 2016, 20:57:46 »

Ur dying..

Dibs on ur stufff....

It sounds like you stayed at a Holiday Inn.  Your diagnosis sounds legit.

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #20321 on: Wed, 06 July 2016, 21:05:26 »
jay elec in the chance track is making me christ-curious. lord give me the strength to fight these feelings
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20322 on: Wed, 06 July 2016, 21:26:14 »
jay elec in the chance track is making me christ-curious. lord give me the strength to fight these feelings

Science does not conflict with Religion as long as the words are not interpreted literally.

And God as a concept in terms of a universal consciousness which drives humanity and --everything-- else, is also uplifting at its base, because if the void is all that's between us.. We would be truly alone..

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #20323 on: Wed, 06 July 2016, 21:57:49 »
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #20324 on: Thu, 07 July 2016, 07:45:54 »

Maybe they want you on board with the term?

* rowdy blocks romevi

They want you on the water-board with them.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #20325 on: Thu, 07 July 2016, 18:29:47 »
pylint ...

Global evaluation
-----------------
Your code has been rated at -0.76/10

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #20326 on: Thu, 07 July 2016, 18:50:59 »
Canada post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
« Reply #20327 on: Thu, 07 July 2016, 19:02:21 »
Just shattered my iphone. Killing myself. replacing it is 129$. 129$ I could be spending on keyboards. **** my life.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20328 on: Thu, 07 July 2016, 19:03:46 »
Just shattered my iphone. Killing myself. replacing it is 129$. 129$ I could be spending on keyboards. **** my life.

no screen protector ?

Offline mike52787

• Alps Aficionado
« Reply #20329 on: Thu, 07 July 2016, 19:04:23 »

no screen protector ?
nope im a ****ing idiot. no case either.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20330 on: Thu, 07 July 2016, 19:14:55 »

no screen protector ?
nope im a ****ing idiot. no case either.

I've never used any iphones in my life without cases,  their aluminum is too slippery, and I don't have sticky hands like other gifted individuals.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #20331 on: Thu, 07 July 2016, 19:16:05 »
Every other post on /r/gaming is a goddamn cosplay of either some big tittied girl or a dude dressed as a girl. It's a goddamn gaming subreddit, maybe I wanna see posts related to ****ing gaming!

God damn **** ****

try /r/games. game subreddit that's actually about the games
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #20332 on: Fri, 08 July 2016, 00:36:22 »
I'm getting triggered by horrible code  >:D
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 July 2016, 00:40:13 by appleonama »

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #20333 on: Fri, 08 July 2016, 00:43:31 »

pls give example

about two weeks ago i found some legacy code that was essentially

if (!(IsDisabled() != false))

i had to write up a logic diagram just to make sure i was understanding it correctly before simplifying it

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #20334 on: Fri, 08 July 2016, 00:44:21 »

pls give example

i had to write up a logic diagram just to make sure i was understanding it correctly before simplifying it

it's too cringy

I don't want to out my cousin

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #20335 on: Fri, 08 July 2016, 00:45:10 »

pls give example

it'ss too cringy

I don't want to out my cousin

ah okay lol i assumed it was for work

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #20336 on: Fri, 08 July 2016, 01:34:45 »
mouz lost to liquid, retired again
I love Elzy

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #20337 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 19:38:43 »
my uncle has been in the ICU for almost a week

had a seizure two Friday's ago, went to ER, they didn't do much, sent him home

two nights later, has another seizure. they admit him to hospital, but it was holiday weekend so they didn't do much then either. sent him home.

Monday night, had three more seizures. admitted him to ICU, had many tests done.

as of today, all tests have been inconclusive, he has been off the sedatives for ~18 hours but he still isn't awake

the docs say that if he isn't awake by tomorrow they want to transfer him to Yale
tp thread is tp thread

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #20338 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 19:58:03 »

two nights later, has another seizure. they admit him to hospital, but it was holiday weekend so they didn't do much then either. sent him home.

Monday night, had three more seizures. admitted him to ICU, had many tests done.

as of today, all tests have been inconclusive, he has been off the sedatives for ~18 hours but he still isn't awake

the docs say that if he isn't awake by tomorrow they want to transfer him to Yale

I'm sorry to hear that man. Hoping for the best for your uncle and that the doctors figure out the issue.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20339 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 20:01:39 »

What were the seizures caused by.

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #20340 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 20:09:17 »

they have no idea

they mentioned the possibility of paraneoplastic syndrome, but they can't confirm since it's hard to diagnose, and they haven't confirmed any cancers
tp thread is tp thread

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #20341 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 20:13:42 »
Sorry to hear that CLiB :(
Chris Schammert

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #20342 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 22:34:55 »

they have no idea

they mentioned the possibility of paraneoplastic syndrome, but they can't confirm since it's hard to diagnose, and they haven't confirmed any cancers
So sorry to hear that.  :'( Wow that's terrible.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #20343 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 23:00:10 »
Housing is so ****ing expensive that I doubt I'll ever be able to buy a place.  Unless I magically start making six figures, the only place I could potentially ever own is a ****ty condo in the ghetto.  Hell, even mobile homes in the area (which most won't sell to you unless you're over 55) are around $200k or higher.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #20344 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 23:15:51 »

Best wishes for your uncle.  I hope it is a simple problem that can be readily solved.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #20345 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 23:18:03 »
Housing is so ****ing expensive that I doubt I'll ever be able to buy a place.  Unless I magically start making six figures, the only place I could potentially ever own is a ****ty condo in the ghetto.  Hell, even mobile homes in the area (which most won't sell to you unless you're over 55) are around $200k or higher.

Tell me about it!

House prices are completely idiotic.  Used to be you could save a deposit in a few years, and pay the house off in 15 or 20 years.

Now you almost need to be a millionaire just to afford the deposit (around here, anyway), or get a mortgage for about 200 years.  But in that case you'd never pay it off as the first few years interest would so greatly exceed the repayments.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #20346 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 23:53:22 »
Brock Lesnar could have... SHOULD have... won in two rounds. But no.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #20347 on: Sun, 10 July 2016, 00:01:04 »
Home after being gone for a week.

15+ hours of traveling today and now I'm having trouble sleeping.

Offline piemancoder

« Reply #20348 on: Sun, 10 July 2016, 00:29:09 »

Wow that really sucks man. Best wishes to your uncle, i hope he gets better
Yoda grammar best has

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #20349 on: Sun, 10 July 2016, 00:45:23 »

Get yourself a sugar momma. OC is filled with them.