Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 1420603 times)

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
Re: What did you do today?
« Reply #7950 on: Fri, 23 June 2017, 06:00:44 »
Bought a 3 piece suit for the upcoming weddings. Super happy with the purchase as it fits me super good! :)
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #7951 on: Fri, 23 June 2017, 09:20:21 »
Spotted a dinosaur in my backyard  :eek:
Show Image

Maybe I'll see this guy too when I move down to Palm Beach Gardens.  :p

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #7952 on: Fri, 23 June 2017, 11:15:51 »
Bought a 3 piece suit for the upcoming weddings. Super happy with the purchase as it fits me super good! :)

Tp4 fits best in them Trashy 1mx shirts from xpress..

Yes ,  Tp4 = p00r Confirmed.. ..

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #7953 on: Fri, 23 June 2017, 11:26:13 »

Well, that's sad. Hopefully you get a chance to dress good and look sexy as well, tp4.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7954 on: Fri, 23 June 2017, 11:30:29 »

Well, that's sad. Hopefully you get a chance to dress good and look sexy as well, tp4.

Sigh..  Tp4 has a naturally high waist to shoulder ratio.  1x waist 1.7x shoulder..

So all the form fitting, Branded , xpensive shirts ,are out of budget.. $$$

I absolutely realize that xpress clothing is , super trashy, but,  what can I do, 

--  Not wear cloths until I can afford good brands ? --

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #7955 on: Fri, 23 June 2017, 21:39:15 »
Spotted a dinosaur in my backyard  :eek:
Show Image

Maybe I'll see this guy too when I move down to Palm Beach Gardens.  :p

I didn't see that many when I lived in the Gardens, but I'm sure they have to be around.

xpress has the best fitting "dress" close for me also.  I do kinda like their Polos.
« Last Edit: Fri, 23 June 2017, 21:43:27 by CommonCurt »
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline rustywok

« Reply #7956 on: Sat, 24 June 2017, 23:36:14 »
There are naked people outside my window.
Took a nap a while ago and woke up to the Portland Naked Bike Ride gathering 10,000 strong in the park a block away and nakedness everywhere.
That is all.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #7957 on: Sat, 24 June 2017, 23:44:44 »
There are naked people outside my window.
Took a nap a while ago and woke up to the Portland Naked Bike Ride gathering 10,000 strong in the park a block away and nakedness everywhere.
That is all.

What if you actually never woke up?

Offline rustywok

« Reply #7958 on: Sun, 25 June 2017, 02:35:03 »
Nothing in my dreams ever looked like that.  :eek:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7959 on: Sun, 25 June 2017, 02:39:54 »

well he didn't say if it were just dudes,  that would be awful..

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #7960 on: Sun, 25 June 2017, 03:22:27 »

well he didn't say if it were just dudes,  that would be awful..
:eek:
That would be awful.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7961 on: Wed, 28 June 2017, 22:03:34 »
Finally caught up on the keyboard section, after my various absences over the past few months.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #7962 on: Wed, 28 June 2017, 22:20:04 »
Finally caught up on the keyboard section, after my various absences over the past few months.

I don't even try and keep up anymore :P

I'm all the time seeing something and thinking wow that must be new...nope been out for months just totally missed it.... :facepalm: :eek:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7963 on: Wed, 28 June 2017, 23:55:21 »

I don't even try and keep up anymore :P

I'm all the time seeing something and thinking wow that must be new...nope been out for months just totally missed it.... :facepalm: :eek:

everything in keyboards has been, meh..  just more 2by4s..

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #7964 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 18:07:16 »
actually woke up feeling okay which is a miracle since i have chronic fatigue

managed to finish tuning the rest of my switches for next build and fixed 2 off-feeling switches in two of my boards that were bothering me which i put off for a while.

day was good
I love Elzy

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #7965 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 00:21:14 »
fixed 2 off-feeling switches in two of my boards that were bothering me which i put off for a while.

That's the worst when you've finished building the whole board, and everything seems perfect, but a little while later you notice
one or two switches that have spring ping or something.
Then it's like ****! Now I have to take it apart, and manhandle switches out of the plate without scratching it.

Hate when that happens.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #7966 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 00:51:57 »
Yeah but I don't notice until I bring it to work and use it and then realize and can't immediately fix it and have to deal with some ****ty off-feeling switch all day and by the time I get home i'm too lazy
I love Elzy

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #7967 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 00:45:44 »
Saw metallica again. wasn't as good as the opera house... probably nothing will ever home close.
I love Elzy

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #7968 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 02:09:02 »
Technically yesterday but I was too tired of being a man. I put on floor trims for the first time in my life as well build multiple Ikea furniture. Thock, it's easy like Lego but after the first one it got a bit tiresome and my back's sore now.

Offline FloFoer94

« Reply #7969 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 04:57:14 »
I did set up a software called "HA-Bridge" on my raspberry pi in order to control my cheap ass milight ambient light led strips with my amazon echo.
Now i have the possibility to simply say "Echo, cinema on" and then my ceiling lights dim off, my ambient light goes slowly on and my logitech harmony hub turns on my tv & av-r & xbox one s in the correct settings, all with one voice command. It's awesome :D

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #7970 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 06:53:31 »
Deleted a months worth of email that was on the border of not junk but not necessarily worth keeping either.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

« Reply #7971 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 17:39:00 »
5:30 - Got up, made my pregnant wife her breakfast (eggs, bacon and Eziekel bread)
6:30 - Kissed her goodbye before she left for work and quickly scrambled to the kitchen to make some coffee.
8:30 - Worked out, back and biceps baby!
11:30 - Got a long awaited delivery from my insulin pump provider with my new insulin pump
15:00 - Read more out of Resilience a book by Eric Greitens
Now - Studying while surfing Geekhack out of boredom.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7972 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 18:19:10 »
5:30 - Got up, made my pregnant wife her breakfast (eggs, bacon and Eziekel bread)
6:30 - Kissed her goodbye before she left for work and quickly scrambled to the kitchen to make some coffee.
8:30 - Worked out, back and biceps baby!
11:30 - Got a long awaited delivery from my insulin pump provider with my new insulin pump
15:00 - Read more out of Resilience a book by Eric Greitens
Now - Studying while surfing Geekhack out of boredom.

Understanding the horror that is diabetus,    gotta be careful ^^^^, as we now know the primary contributor to TYPE TWO, is consumption of animal products, due to the high fat content.

But there's no real substitution because low fat meat still has ALOT of fat.. well above the 10% threshold , which is the only current limiter which guarantees no heartdisease/diabetes. hahahahahaha...

sigh..............   life's hard.

Offline gnmar2723

« Reply #7973 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 18:36:37 »
Deleted a months worth of email that was on the border of not junk but not necessarily worth keeping either.

There are few things better than a nice clean email inbox

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7974 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 21:48:47 »

There are few things better than a nice clean email inbox

Filters.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

« Reply #7975 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 22:25:50 »
Understanding the horror that is diabetus,    gotta be careful ^^^^, as we now know the primary contributor to TYPE TWO, is consumption of animal products, due to the high fat content.

But there's no real substitution because low fat meat still has ALOT of fat.. well above the 10% threshold , which is the only current limiter which guarantees no heartdisease/diabetes. hahahahahaha...

This is not correct. Type 2 diabetes is most commonly caused by obesity which is almost entirely attributable to high carbohydrate consumption. If you want to be upset with a particular food, be angry at corn and the high fructose corn syrup that is made from it.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7976 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 23:17:38 »

This is not correct. Type 2 diabetes is most commonly caused by obesity which is almost entirely attributable to high carbohydrate consumption. If you want to be upset with a particular food, be angry at corn and the high fructose corn syrup that is made from it.

Incorrect.

We now have indisputable evidence that diabetes type 2 is caused by high fat intake.. in the American case, predominantly from Meat consumption.

https://nutritionfacts.org/2016/11/17/fat-is-the-cause-of-type-2-diabetes/

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #7977 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 15:52:39 »
Worked outside today, all 8 hours.

173796-0
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #7978 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 16:00:58 »
I slept during the day. Because it is summer.

Offline gnmar2723

« Reply #7979 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 16:04:24 »
I was outside for 8hrs working today as well. Granted it's only like 80 here in MN...

Wastewater sewer cleaning/jetting isn't all that fun either.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7980 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 21:56:04 »
Worked outside today, all 8 hours.

(Attachment Link)

Fairly warm ...

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #7981 on: Fri, 28 July 2017, 07:39:18 »
Got the big boy out today.

174430-0

174432-1
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #7982 on: Fri, 28 July 2017, 07:47:48 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

what's the force-curve of that hydraulic (or pneumatic) cylinder?

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #7984 on: Fri, 28 July 2017, 09:22:47 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

logarithmic ?

Linear.  Pressure is equal and even throughout.  Based on pump capacity, surface area of the piston and load on the boom.  All cranes are hydraulic, not pneumatic.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7985 on: Fri, 28 July 2017, 10:14:13 »

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

logarithmic ?

Linear.  Pressure is equal and even throughout.  Based on pump capacity, surface area of the piston and load on the boom.  All cranes are hydraulic, not pneumatic.

well relative to cranes it might be relative to sine of the angle, but the question is vague

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #7986 on: Fri, 28 July 2017, 10:18:47 »
We once had a crane so big it came in on rail cars in pieces then they had to bring in another big crane just to put the bigger one together. It was like only one of a few in the country of its size. It also had a special pad poured for it to sit on.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7987 on: Fri, 28 July 2017, 10:20:06 »
We once had a crane so big it came in on rail cars in pieces then they had to bring in another big crane just to put the bigger one together. It was like only one of a few in the country of its size. It also had a special pad poured for it to sit on.

probably also cost a million+ dollars to rent.. hahahaha 

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #7988 on: Sat, 29 July 2017, 14:06:05 »

probably also cost a million+ dollars to rent.. hahahaha

Those cranes aren't rented.  They are hired.  Renting knows that you will have your own operator among other things.  When they get hired, you just have to point them to what-have-you want to pick up and where to set it down, then write a check. 

Depending on the crane and how far it came, it n but have been delivered by rail due to cost of transport due to permitting.  If there is rail service close enough to offset the extra handling.   Rail is many times more fuel efficient per ton transported.  I thing the last number I saw was 436 tons of freight a mile per gallon of diesel.

Either way, making some progress today

174516-0

Offline RELLIK

• WTB Bro Power Core WASD Set...Still...
« Reply #7989 on: Sat, 29 July 2017, 23:46:57 »
Found out there was a groupbuy for Aurebesh set for XDA called 'Force Awakens' not long ago that I missed despite my constant lurking of many GB's.
 So basically drowned in a bunch of salt today.

KUL-87        FC660M       Filco MJ2

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #7990 on: Sun, 30 July 2017, 00:00:48 »
Damn, SP needs to figure something out before it's too late

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #7991 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 05:08:05 »
drove nine hours on some of the straightest roads you have ever seen.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7992 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 05:17:05 »

Yea,  but did you go max speed.. !!

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #7993 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 05:21:01 »

nah cuz im in a work car. now im sleep8ng in said car on the side of the road lol

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7994 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 05:22:03 »

nah cuz im in a work car. now im sleep8ng in said car on the side of the road lol

what... ??  get urself to a motel + <a massage therapist>

Offline iri

« Reply #7995 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 05:24:42 »

What if a redback crawls inside?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #7996 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 05:27:32 »

nah im cheap and it was last minute so i said **** it

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #7997 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 05:28:37 »

ill just stick my finger up its ass and send it to steve irwin

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7998 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 05:28:50 »
=

nah im cheap and it was last minute so i said **** it

It's not safe.. ur going to get knifed for ur iphone

Offline iri

« Reply #7999 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 05:30:32 »

ill just stick my finger up its ass and send it to steve irwin
The finger or the redback?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury