Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4214174 times)

Offline invariance

• ...here with all the other boson's
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #26550 on: Thu, 18 April 2019, 19:00:06 »
It needs to be "SpAmaRaY," not "SpAmRaY."

Ok "romevipster"

Honestly I should probably change it to "justray"

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

As in ‘just ray’ or ‘jus tray’??  :D
The only BS I
want to hear is
from a Model M:
PN:1391401
DOB: 04FEB87
      Wyse 85      Mtek K104
SMK Blue: Chicony KB-5181; HyperX Aqua: HyperX Alloy Origins *Yet-to-rebuild: A 69 key C. P. Clare Foam & Foil assy *Rubber: Digital LK46W-A2; uSoft Natural Pro RT9401, Natural Multimedia 1.0A RT9470, Natural Ergonomic 4000 KU-0460; "Avid" Sejin SLKR2233; "Diamond Touch" Mitsubishi 6511-PB

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #26551 on: Thu, 18 April 2019, 19:01:23 »

Ok "romevipster"

As in ‘just ray’ or ‘jus tray’??  :D

We really need a :facepalm: emoji

Obviously it would be jUsT_rAy

« Last Edit: Thu, 18 April 2019, 19:04:13 by SpAmRaY »

Offline Carcharocles

• Location: In the lonely, desolate wasteland of South Kansas City
    • The Deathscape Mythos
« Reply #26552 on: Thu, 18 April 2019, 22:05:25 »
Ugh. First big thunderstorm of the year last night. Lightning strikes tree outside apartment, and either bypasses the surge protector to fry the Fire TV box and our new(ish) 4K TV that we are still paying off, or goes through the modem to do the same. Literally nothing else is damaged. NOTHING. Speakers work fine, amp works fine, modem works fine, and everything plugged into the surge protector is fine. It literally targeted the TV and Fire TV box, and nothing else.

Now have to shell out money to replace the Fire TV box, since it's a first generation model and they don't make them anymore. TV is still covered by store warranty, but it's a used TV so the original factory warranty is shot and the store is giving us the royal runaround.

Hooray for f***ing Tornado Alley.
T1000 , Firmware ver. Doge.

Most deadly of them all.
Keyboards: Drevo Gramr (Outemu Browns); Logitech K480

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #26553 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 18:53:07 »
what the **** are they saying? this just sounds like complete gobbledygook to me.

Offline iri

« Reply #26554 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 18:57:50 »
what the **** are they saying? this just sounds like complete gobbledygook to me.
I got bored at 1:30, but it's far from the worst presentation I've seen.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #26555 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 18:58:49 »

/Headscratch..   seems a pretty straight forward breakdown..

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #26556 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 19:08:01 »
Virtual computers running on other people's computers that are accessed and managed remotely with other people's computers and or your own computers.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #26557 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 19:11:26 »
I got bored at 1:30, but it's far from the worst presentation I've seen.
At least that is a professional speaker following a script, with animations that matches what he is talking about.
There are so many ways that presentation could be worse. I started listing some, but I just got angry, so I won't bother you with them. :-þ

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #26558 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 19:12:20 »
it reminded me of the Turbo Encabulator video :(

Offline Starius

« Reply #26559 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 19:29:17 »

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #26560 on: Sat, 20 April 2019, 15:33:50 »
it's 420 and i ain't got no weed
I love Elzy

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #26562 on: Tue, 23 April 2019, 22:05:31 »

Ok "romevipster"

Kids too young to remember ray4c.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #26563 on: Tue, 23 April 2019, 22:10:21 »

Ok "romevipster"

Kids too young to remember ray4c.
Shhhhh that's top secret stuff.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #26564 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 10:40:16 »
I am an Edgelord on the internet because I'm kinda squishy in real life.  There, I said it.  Had to be done.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26565 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 10:42:24 »
I am an Edgelord on the internet because I'm kinda squishy in real life.  There, I said it.  Had to be done.

Apathy overwhelming.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #26566 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 12:46:57 »

Apathy overwhelming.

:blank:

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #26567 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 16:04:39 »

What kind of squisy?

Offline iri

« Reply #26568 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 07:30:45 »
I am an Edgelord on the internet
errrrrr

are you?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #26569 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 07:48:02 »
I am an Edgelord on the internet
errrrrr

are you?

Yes.

What kind of squisy?

Iunno

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #26570 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 18:44:46 »
I've been waiting for a job posting to come up so I can leave my current job and get a much less stressful job at a much better pay rate, but I've been waiting for months...
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #26571 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 18:53:09 »
I've been waiting for a job posting to come up so I can leave my current job and get a much less stressful job at a much better pay rate, but I've been waiting for months...

You need to wait better.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #26572 on: Thu, 02 May 2019, 14:15:38 »

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #26573 on: Thu, 02 May 2019, 16:50:16 »
Blatant capitalism seems to be rearing it's ugly head on a more frequent basis in the keeb community.  Yesterday, there was word that fake Matrix boards were produced (excuse is bs in my estimation), and word that raffle winnings were being sold.

Yeah, nothing effective to be done about either of those instances, but the hobby is becoming more commercialized which has consequences.
RF87U 55g (damaged)  |  AV3 w/POM Plate  |  Thermal (to be built)  |  ID80v1 (to be rebuilt)  |  Tokyo60

Offline Carcharocles

• Location: In the lonely, desolate wasteland of South Kansas City
    • The Deathscape Mythos
« Reply #26574 on: Thu, 02 May 2019, 16:58:59 »
Blatant capitalism seems to be rearing it's ugly head on a more frequent basis in the keeb community.  Yesterday, there was word that fake Matrix boards were produced (excuse is bs in my estimation), and word that raffle winnings were being sold.

Yeah, nothing effective to be done about either of those instances, but the hobby is becoming more commercialized which has consequences.

It was inevitable, sadly. We of the keyboard community have been pushing the advantages of mechanical keyboards and Topre switches for a while now. The end result is quite a few people have figured out that these things are worth the extra money, which leads to an increase in demand. Which in turn means an increase in scammers, forgeries and other sketchy attempts to cash in.
T1000 , Firmware ver. Doge.

Most deadly of them all.
Keyboards: Drevo Gramr (Outemu Browns); Logitech K480

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #26575 on: Thu, 02 May 2019, 17:02:33 »

It was inevitable, sadly. We of the keyboard community have been pushing the advantages of mechanical keyboards and Topre switches for a while now. The end result is quite a few people have figured out that these things are worth the extra money, which leads to an increase in demand. Which in turn means an increase in scammers, forgeries and other sketchy attempts to cash in.

Speculation too.  Was an issue a few years ago, is now a primary motivator for many in the community now.
RF87U 55g (damaged)  |  AV3 w/POM Plate  |  Thermal (to be built)  |  ID80v1 (to be rebuilt)  |  Tokyo60

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #26576 on: Thu, 02 May 2019, 21:31:58 »

Speculation too.  Was an issue a few years ago, is now a primary motivator for many in the community now.

it's been like this for a while lol
I love Elzy

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #26577 on: Thu, 02 May 2019, 23:41:05 »
I don't understand people who whine and complain about spoilers. Literally all you have to do to avoid spoilers is not view content about the thing you don't want spoiled. Don't watch that comprehensive fan theory, you idiot. Don't read that Reddit thread with *SPOILER ALERT* in the title, dumbass. Don't read that article about the movie/show/game you want to go see fresh. Unless you have little malicious goblins sneaking into your home or work and whispering spoilers in your ears, the entire culture of spoiler outrage is self-perpetuated. Have a little self control and don't be stupid. Super easy!

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #26578 on: Fri, 03 May 2019, 01:03:02 »
I don't understand people who whine and complain about spoilers. Literally all you have to do to avoid spoilers is not view content about the thing you don't want spoiled. Don't watch that comprehensive fan theory, you idiot. Don't read that Reddit thread with *SPOILER ALERT* in the title, dumbass. Don't read that article about the movie/show/game you want to go see fresh. Unless you have little malicious goblins sneaking into your home or work and whispering spoilers in your ears, the entire culture of spoiler outrage is self-perpetuated. Have a little self control and don't be stupid. Super easy!

Ah, gotta love the era of #hashtag spoilers

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #26579 on: Fri, 03 May 2019, 02:55:36 »

Back in my day #hastags went in bongs and spoilers were fixed to cars.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26580 on: Fri, 03 May 2019, 06:54:33 »

young people haz less self control these days because they're all doin' the drugs .

People turn to drugz when the economy stagnates.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #26581 on: Sun, 05 May 2019, 08:26:27 »

young people haz less self control these days because they're all doin' the drugs .

218633-0

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #26582 on: Sun, 05 May 2019, 13:20:56 »

(Attachment Link)

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #26583 on: Sun, 05 May 2019, 17:26:43 »
--

never mind.
« Last Edit: Sun, 05 May 2019, 17:29:31 by Findecanor »

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #26584 on: Fri, 10 May 2019, 20:58:57 »
typing slow today

or more accurately, i can't type accurately today
I love Elzy

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #26585 on: Sat, 11 May 2019, 21:15:19 »
I bought this dance/trance/edm album on cd back around 2002, it was used as workout music but I can't remember what album it was or who the artist was.

Offline Starius

« Reply #26586 on: Sat, 11 May 2019, 21:31:27 »
I bought this dance/trance/edm album on cd back around 2002, it was used as workout music but I can't remember what album it was or who the artist was.

From that era, I will guess.... DJ Tiesto!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #26587 on: Sat, 11 May 2019, 21:50:42 »

I've went through his albums and can't find one that seems to match what I remember.

I've looked through all the popular artist of the period and just can't find it.

Offline Starius

« Reply #26588 on: Sat, 11 May 2019, 21:58:21 »

I've went through his albums and can't find one that seems to match what I remember.

I've looked through all the popular artist of the period and just can't find it.

Was is this one?

If not, I better stop guessing.  We could be here awhile... ;)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #26589 on: Sat, 11 May 2019, 22:06:24 »

Was is this one?

If not, I better stop guessing.  We could be here awhile... ;)
Nah that's not it. I think my only hope is to somehow find the physical album packed away somewhere in some of my old stuff, possibly at my parents still.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #26590 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 18:14:55 »
Summer colds >:(

there's a waterfall of snot gushing from my nose at all times, and it feels like there's a balloon inflated in my sinuses.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #26591 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 18:28:29 »

there's a waterfall of snot gushing from my nose at all times, and it feels like there's a balloon inflated in my sinuses.

Maybe you got the suds.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #26592 on: Mon, 13 May 2019, 18:48:14 »

Maybe you got the suds.

I have no idea what that means

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #26593 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 02:30:16 »
challenger_deep or elflord?

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #26594 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 04:08:38 »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #26595 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 15:06:30 »
Neck pain, like when you're super stressed but I don't know what the stressor is. :eek:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26596 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 15:18:09 »
Neck pain, like when you're super stressed but I don't know what the stressor is. :eek:

Modern life can be stressful despite the fact that there is no REAL PERIL for humans.

This is because the dopa-drive system is adaptive.

Everytime you get ahead, it down regulates..   Since people don't ever fall-backwards due to the low price of industrial thrills, the system is typically only pushed forward.

Living life constantly in a (High) state, reduces Normality to a (Low) state.

Doing more drugs like coffee / cigarette/ marijuana/ alcohol/ Cheeseburger,  will bring you back to baseline for 15-30 minutes.  At which point you will need to re-Up

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #26597 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 15:21:44 »

Modern life can be stressful despite the fact that there is no REAL PERIL for humans.

This is because the dopa-drive system is adaptive.

Everytime you get ahead, it down regulates..   Since people don't ever fall-backwards due to the low price of industrial thrills, the system is typically only pushed forward.

Living life constantly in a (High) state, reduces Normality to a (Low) state.

Doing more drugs like coffee / cigarette/ marijuana/ alcohol/ Cheeseburger,  will bring you back to baseline for 15-30 minutes.  At which point you will need to re-Up

Might get some McDonalds later.

Thought about going to grocery store and getting head of lettuce, tomato and maybe an onion.

But cheeseburger and fries I don't have to go inside and deal with people and actually I just order on my phone, pull up, park, wait, get food and leave. Don't even have to drive through.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #26598 on: Wed, 15 May 2019, 16:00:35 »
challenger lord_v_deep elf ?

challenger_deep wins in challenger_deep vs. elflord.. easier to read imo

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #26599 on: Thu, 16 May 2019, 01:23:56 »
Looking for a movie to watch and saw Black Panther is apparently the best film EVER made according to Rotten Tomatoes? Honestly I don't even think it was the best MCU film ever made, let alone of all-time. It's not even in my top 5 MCU movies. Seeing the Top Movies list is just insanity. Wonder Woman? Coco? The Last Jedi? Looking at this I really can't put any faith in Rotten Tomatoes anymore.