Author Topic: G's announcement (not relevant to most geeks)  (Read 889644 times)

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
Re: G's announcement (not relevant to most geeks)
« Reply #550 on: Tue, 05 July 2016, 17:04:28 »
As a complete outsider, just glancing down this thread looks like some Woody Allen tragic comedy.

The seller should be glad this didn't happen on Ebay.

And, as far as I understand, paypal will refund unquestionably if what you received was significantly not as described, and then seek the money from the seller. I'm pretty sure it's part of their VISA / money license thing. Then, they themselves would chase the seller through bailiffs / the courts if necessary.

would that be as effective since he lives in Malaysia, or wherever?

He can still be tracked. PayPal would contact the authorities in Malaysia regarding the fraud and work with them.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline QuincyJones

« Reply #551 on: Tue, 05 July 2016, 17:12:34 »
if you want your money back, talk to paypal, not me - they'll tell you for certain.

I would hazard a guess, yes, even Malysia. There are many scammers online with many an excuse playing on many a feelings. To me, alarm bells are screaming here.

If I were caught up in all of this, I wouldn't bother messing around, I'd just contact paypal. More red flashing lights: OP has even threatened "just disappearing".

If OP didn't want to pay return postage for you to them, then do what you want with the goods you received - that is, if paypal don't offer you a pre-paid stamp to return - which if they did, of course would be added to OP's debt.

Don't wait for OP to sort it. Get it done. Payment processors don't mess around - they make huge profit from feckups like this
SENT FROM MY TRKA-100-ULTRA-PRO-1R WITH FLASHY MULTI-COLOURED LEDS FOR MEGA ULTRA COOLNESS
(please like me)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #552 on: Tue, 05 July 2016, 18:51:01 »
they make huge profit from feckups like this

Absolutely no one is going to make a huge profit from this one.

At best someone might get a nice keyboard intended for someone else and make a few hundred dollars off of selling it.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline QuincyJones

« Reply #553 on: Tue, 05 July 2016, 19:53:34 »
they make huge profit from feckups like this

Absolutely no one is going to make a huge profit from this one.

At best someone might get a nice keyboard intended for someone else and make a few hundred dollars off of selling it.

Payment processors have billions. They make profit from everything. As for the people who have been scammed - contact paypal / the police today (first one definietely, second one up to you). Once paypal hear that you're not the only one and it's many people with many amounts of money, paypal themselves will probably contact the police too.

The excuse of using the wife to post it and she screwed up is risible.
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 July 2016, 19:55:56 by QuincyJones »
SENT FROM MY TRKA-100-ULTRA-PRO-1R WITH FLASHY MULTI-COLOURED LEDS FOR MEGA ULTRA COOLNESS
(please like me)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #554 on: Tue, 05 July 2016, 21:50:20 »
You can't squeeze blood from a stone. The entirety of this event was <$5K

Most law enforcement agencies would scoff at a $5K case, spread thinly around the world with no viable paper trail.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline QuincyJones

« Reply #555 on: Wed, 06 July 2016, 00:23:09 »
You can't squeeze blood from a stone. The entirety of this event was <$5K

Most law enforcement agencies would scoff at a $5K case, spread thinly around the world with no viable paper trail.

that's complete and utter tosh.
(please like me)

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #556 on: Wed, 06 July 2016, 06:48:36 »
For the love of... people, stop cluttering up the thread with crap that's already been hashed out.
"I remain convinced I am the only person alive who has successfully worn out an IBM Model M mechanically."
Daily Drivers: Adesso 625 (NPKC PBT / Kailh Blue), Rosewill RK9000V2 (KC PBT / MX Brown), 1994 Model M13, Sun Type4, and the rare IBM 1394540.

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #557 on: Wed, 06 July 2016, 14:17:26 »
Well, now we know why the KBT Pure turned up (sans cable) now that I've had a chance to actually look at it and find a cable for it.

Mismatched LEDs. The SIP sockets are poorly aligned and too loose or damaged. And it turns out it's missing 3 LEDs. Juryrigged in some spares (5mm 3.3v), and the backlighting doesn't appear to work at all. And the Caps Lock LED is randomly flashing. The left foot keeps coming loose (fairly easy to fix that,) but one of the screws mounting it to the case has a stripped head (not so easy to fix.)
So yes, what was advertised as a perfectly good working board is definitely not.

This video shows exactly what the backlight situation looks like. Out of sync, cheap RGB flashing units that don't work for dimming. There are several LEDs missing as well.
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 July 2016, 23:18:04 by rootwyrm »
"I remain convinced I am the only person alive who has successfully worn out an IBM Model M mechanically."
Daily Drivers: Adesso 625 (NPKC PBT / Kailh Blue), Rosewill RK9000V2 (KC PBT / MX Brown), 1994 Model M13, Sun Type4, and the rare IBM 1394540.

Offline 3K

« Reply #558 on: Thu, 07 July 2016, 04:15:14 »
As I didn't follow conversation here, I just want to state that I ordered one of IBM keypads. Just a reminder, as I saw some of them recieved by people, while not being contacted by any of them.

Model M '88    | Model M SSK '87 | HHKB P2  | Zowie FK1

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #559 on: Thu, 07 July 2016, 10:03:46 »
As I didn't follow conversation here, I just want to state that I ordered one of IBM keypads. Just a reminder, as I saw some of them recieved by people, while not being contacted by any of them.

Don't worry, we've got you in the spreadsheet.

Offline QuincyJones

« Reply #560 on: Fri, 08 July 2016, 00:59:35 »
For the love of... people, stop cluttering up the thread with crap that's already been hashed out.

uhm, nothing's been hashed out from what I can see apart from some usernames (the same person?) telling people not to do anything because your name is in a "spreadsheet". Big whoop! I call it, big red flashing lights all over this thread.

Unless money is refunded back into your account, nothing's been hashed out. And that's what chargebacks are for. The people who are holding on thinking they're going to be sorted are playing right into the scammers hands. "People" posting here stating not to do anything are saying exactly what the scammers want you to do. Coincidence?

You as a "customer" may have a max time limit to get this sorted with paypal before the scammer gets away with it and you can no longer claim with paypal. So don't delay and don't think it'll be sorted at all, let alone soon.
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 July 2016, 01:02:19 by QuincyJones »
(please like me)

Offline nugglets

« Reply #561 on: Fri, 08 July 2016, 02:29:59 »

uhm, nothing's been hashed out from what I can see apart from some usernames (the same person?) telling people not to do anything because your name is in a "spreadsheet". Big whoop! I call it, big red flashing lights all over this thread.

Unless money is refunded back into your account, nothing's been hashed out. And that's what chargebacks are for. The people who are holding on thinking they're going to be sorted are playing right into the scammers hands. "People" posting here stating not to do anything are saying exactly what the scammers want you to do. Coincidence?

You as a "customer" may have a max time limit to get this sorted with paypal before the scammer gets away with it and you can no longer claim with paypal. So don't delay and don't think it'll be sorted at all, let alone soon.

All of which has been said over a dozen times in this thread.

No one is telling people not to do anything because their name is in a spreadsheet, they have repeatedly told people to file disputes with their banks/paypal/western union/moneygram/their grandmothers etc.

The spreadsheet is something entirely different, meant as a means to try and help people actually receive items they paid for, in addition to any disputes, as well as being something you can show your bank/paypal/whatever as proof of the scale of this fraud.
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 July 2016, 02:32:45 by nugglets »

Offline alh84001

« Reply #562 on: Fri, 08 July 2016, 02:50:56 »
To stop the bickering, here's a small update. I tried plugging in one of those dirty, keycapless, cableless model M with rusty springs, and of course that the membrane has broken traces. Of course it has :)

I opened her up and there is one broken trace where ribbon cable is bent. That is not unusual, but here's the pic of the second broken trace

How? Just how?  :))

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #563 on: Fri, 08 July 2016, 14:50:17 »
To stop the bickering, here's a small update. I tried plugging in one of those dirty, keycapless, cableless model M with rusty springs, and of course that the membrane has broken traces. Of course it has :)

I opened her up and there is one broken trace where ribbon cable is bent. That is not unusual, but here's the pic of the second broken trace
Show Image

How? Just how?  :))

... well the only way THAT happens is if someone broke it through incompetence or deliberate action. So he would have had to take it apart, break it, put it back together.

Paypal is officially on my **** list now. They're trying to challenge my chargeback, demanding I return it because beserkfan is claiming the Pure isn't broken, or get a third-party "technical expert" to state it is broken. The ****ing thing has missing LEDs, has clearly broken LEDs, has physically broken switch tops, isn't holding settings, and doesn't detect half the time it's plugged in. And of course, he's also sticking to the claim that his address is 38 Jalan Baiduri - which we all already know is a completely fake address.

If any of you have gotten an uncontested refund from Paypal, can you please PM me directly? At this point, it's clear that Paypal is going to be an impediment because beserkfan already made off with the cash. All refunds are coming at Paypal's expense, not his, so they're more than willing to break the law. (And make no mistake, in Ohio what Paypal is doing is explicitly illegal.) The more evidence we have that they are, the better the chance people can successfully reverse their credit card charges.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #564 on: Fri, 08 July 2016, 17:34:20 »
PayPal has no control over whether someone appeals a chargeback or not. In fact, they are following the law in this dispute and they will give you the money one they get proof of its non-working condition. PayPal isn't out to get you.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline QuincyJones

« Reply #565 on: Fri, 08 July 2016, 17:59:59 »
PayPal has no control over whether someone appeals a chargeback or not. In fact, they are following the law in this dispute and they will give you the money one they get proof of its non-working condition. PayPal isn't out to get you.

yep, this. of course he will dispute it as it's all he can do. as long as you're prepared to stand in a court of law if necessary and show it doesn't work, then you're good. that's the kind of determination you need. some customers are scummy ****s too. i'd suggest you go to the police with a print out of this thread and address / details / account info etc.  you don't think he isn't reading this entire thread and laughing?

also, get an invoice from the person you pay to inspect it and add that to the chargeback.

nolites le bastardes grind you down or whatever.
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 July 2016, 18:07:06 by QuincyJones »
(please like me)

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #566 on: Fri, 08 July 2016, 19:24:08 »

This is ABSOLUTELY FALSE. Paypal is the ONLY entity that can challenge a chargeback through Visa Arbitration procedures. PERIOD. The seller has NO legal standing to contest a chargeback. Any more than you know what the hell you're talking about.

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #567 on: Fri, 08 July 2016, 19:30:32 »
hey rootwyrm, will you be my friend?

Offline QuincyJones

« Reply #568 on: Fri, 08 July 2016, 19:42:10 »
https://www.cardfellow.com/chargebacks/

The burden of proof to show that a customer has been rightfully charged falls on the merchant, and when consumers successfully dispute charges, the merchant loses both the product sold and the revenue from that sale.

However, this is not paypal's chargeback system. speak to them and ask for help. explain the situation too.
(please like me)

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #569 on: Fri, 08 July 2016, 23:35:49 »

This is ABSOLUTELY FALSE. Paypal is the ONLY entity that can challenge a chargeback through Visa Arbitration procedures. PERIOD. The seller has NO legal standing to contest a chargeback. Any more than you know what the hell you're talking about.

You're taking a very simplistic view of the situation. Paypal is a payment processor first and foremost. Did they file the dispute? Technically, yes. A more accurate description however would be "Yes, on behalf of their customer." If you file a chargeback against someone you paid via Square, is it fair to say that Square is fighting you for the funds? Of course not, procedurally they were the ones that opened the dispute but on behalf of their customer.

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. And on a more constructive note, I would send back in writing and request that Paypal cover a technician's diagnostic fee if they are going to insist on an expert stating the board is damaged.

Offline QuincyJones

« Reply #570 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 02:19:08 »
it's sad there seems to be only one person taking steps to recover their money.
(please like me)

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #571 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 05:04:52 »

cool

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #572 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 05:30:43 »
Not sure why there is so much ill sentiment towards rootwyrm taking action against berserkfan,

stating the "details" as is:

Not a single person has received what they ordered.

Prior to deleting posts, berserkfan stated that he will not make this right, and that by disputing him he would go to the length of making you send back the item (on your cost) making it less enticing to dispute.

His assumption that "you will get items much more then you originally ordered so you should be satisfied" bs, has proven false for many.

Blames his wife for doing what should have been his job, also blaming us for "even if we receive the wrong item we wouldn't speak up about it, so it's not fixable"
----

Basically, if you paid via anything that does not have a dispute - you are screwed.
If you don't dispute the money is gone. (and you have to wait for someone to get your item, and hope they are honest to send it out)
If you gifted - screwed unless you lie to paypal.

Berserkfan has already stated his view to get us to lose out on return shipping (to his old house that he isn't even at anymore) at the very least if you dispute, so I don't get why people are attacking each other here.
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #573 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 08:48:48 »

You don't know that.  As Root said, don't pollute the thread with things that have already been hashed out.  Several people have already recovered their money, myself included.  Which is the reason I no longer post in the thread.

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
« Reply #574 on: Sun, 10 July 2016, 06:18:26 »
And there's some ppl like me who paid by other way than paypal (wu,moneygram) that are not getting their money back, and will (at least i will) use any ways necessary to get their things correct (or at least, part of it.)
TGR Jane V1 CE - TGR Jane v2 - TGR Jane V2 CE  - TGR 910 R1 - TGR 910 RE Polycarbonate - TGR 910v3 Prototype - TGR Police - TGR Tris - TGR Tomo Polycarbonate - RS60 - RS65 "Pendora" - RS TKL - EM8

Offline QuincyJones

« Reply #575 on: Sun, 10 July 2016, 09:21:04 »
Not sure why there is so much ill sentiment towards rootwyrm taking action against berserkfan,

because they're all the same person or are shill accounts trying to discourage/stop root from doing what he's doing by bullying and harassing him.

those making the most noise have the most to lose.
(please like me)

Offline QuincyJones

« Reply #576 on: Sun, 10 July 2016, 09:29:05 »
And there's some ppl like me who paid by other way than paypal (wu,moneygram) that are not getting their money back, and will (at least i will) use any ways necessary to get their things correct (or at least, part of it.)

it looks like no one got anything even remotely as described between all of you so you'll never get their correct things. So, stop being so náive! Police /  If you're in the same country, sue. As it's on a large scale, go to the police. If the police tell you it's a civil case, remind them how many of you have been defauded of money and the crimes committed.
(please like me)

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
« Reply #577 on: Sun, 10 July 2016, 09:47:31 »

it looks like no one got anything even remotely as described between all of you so you'll never get their correct things. So, stop being so náive! Police /  If you're in the same country, sue. As it's on a large scale, go to the police. If the police tell you it's a civil case, remind them how many of you have been defauded of money and the crimes committed.

Different country. If i were in the same country with him i'd self collect instead..

*Edit grammar
TGR Jane V1 CE - TGR Jane v2 - TGR Jane V2 CE  - TGR 910 R1 - TGR 910 RE Polycarbonate - TGR 910v3 Prototype - TGR Police - TGR Tris - TGR Tomo Polycarbonate - RS60 - RS65 "Pendora" - RS TKL - EM8

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #578 on: Sun, 10 July 2016, 09:56:13 »

Different country. If i were in the same country with him i'd self collect instead..

*Edit grammar
Everyone talks big like that but look at how many tens of thousands of dollars ivan ran off with in the usa and nothing came of it.

Offline codywanks

« Reply #579 on: Sun, 10 July 2016, 10:18:14 »

Offline QuincyJones

« Reply #580 on: Sun, 10 July 2016, 11:04:43 »

*Edit grammar
Everyone talks big like that but look at how many tens of thousands of dollars ivan ran off with in the usa and nothing came of it.

I *think* there's some insane *f yeah murica" law or mandate or whatever that if something like this happens (regardless of where around the world it is), if the amount is > $5000, then the FBI want to know about it. Banks (in England) have a legal duty to report certain transactions to the FBI so I'm fairly-reliably told.
(please like me)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #581 on: Sun, 10 July 2016, 11:16:53 »

I *think* there's some insane *f yeah murica" law or mandate or whatever that if something like this happens (regardless of where around the world it is), if the amount is > $5000, then the FBI want to know about it. Banks (in England) have a legal duty to report certain transactions to the FBI so I'm fairly-reliably told.

My understanding is that the total of this operation was something <$4K (not including my $100 which was actually outside of it, more or less).

Offline QuincyJones

« Reply #582 on: Sun, 10 July 2016, 11:38:19 »

My understanding is that the total of this operation was something <$4K (not including my $100 which was actually outside of it, more or less).

"operation". So, it was planned and executed then. Anyway, it's for the police to decide.
(please like me)

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #583 on: Sun, 10 July 2016, 12:22:15 »

*Edit grammar

The FBI wants to know about bad transactions beyond a certain large total,

But the REASON they want to know is not for the issue itself, but to investigate if there were any serious crimes involved, such as laundering, murder, trafficking, drugs, etc.

They don't care about keyboards, and if that's all that was involved, they would never investigate further..

So if you manage to prove Ivan was also involved in arms smuggling..   THEN the FBI might be interested

Offline Skysophrenic

« Reply #584 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 11:52:03 »
4 days. Soon (tm). Friday cut off. Submit proof by then.

1. Original orders (PM's with confirmation from gutz)
2. Pics of anything you received (and list out, timestamp as well)
3. Any tracking info (heh, hopeful wish)
4. payment details (black out/blank out personal ones. this is a confirmation of payment. )

Last update will happen then. After Friday/saturday (depending on trimezone) I will disregard any other submissions. Following week, new database that will match up user(s) of Ordered vs Received. Think... match.com. You're all going on dates. You guys can then sort out who gets what if anything, and how you will arrange your shipping to each other. I will not mediate, I will not care if you personally get screwed over - I can't punish nor reward behavior.

I haven't posted recently, but I've been following. I don't find it worth while to post anymore. The utter cesspool of anger, stupidity, and utter condescending entitlement or ignorance isn't worth my time.

And quite frankly I don't care about people here enough. Mostly the latter. I'm just following through with the job I set out to do.

Those of you guys who have cooperated, thanks for your help. To the other individuals who have given me/others a hard time, sincerely, **** you.

That's all for now.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #585 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 12:05:29 »

The utter cesspool of anger, stupidity, and utter condescending entitlement or ignorance isn't worth my time.

The work that you have done is excellent and it is certainly appreciated by many people.

It is unfortunate that a new Geekhacker fresh from the reddit world would have to wade into this mess, the worst example of vitriol and infantile emotions that I have seen here since the r00t0wrm fiasco what, 5 years ago?

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
« Reply #586 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 21:19:08 »

I haven't posted recently, but I've been following. I don't find it worth while to post anymore. The utter cesspool of anger, stupidity, and utter condescending entitlement or ignorance isn't worth my time.

i already submitted my proof ages ago.

anyway, thanks for your help, as well. just ignore the trolls.

Offline kekman

• quit life
« Reply #587 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 21:24:13 »

4. payment details (black out/blank out personal ones. this is a confirmation of payment. )

Last update will happen then. After Friday/saturday (depending on trimezone) I will disregard any other submissions. Following week, new database that will match up user(s) of Ordered vs Received. Think... match.com. You're all going on dates. You guys can then sort out who gets what if anything, and how you will arrange your shipping to each other. I will not mediate, I will not care if you personally get screwed over - I can't punish nor reward behavior.

And quite frankly I don't care about people here enough. Mostly the latter. I'm just following through with the job I set out to do.

Those of you guys who have cooperated, thanks for your help. To the other individuals who have given me/others a hard time, sincerely, **** you.

That's all for now.

I'm sure that most of the people who have been involved in this issue are very grateful for the effort that you've put into this.

Offline Darkshado

« Reply #588 on: Mon, 11 July 2016, 21:33:08 »

That's all for now.

I'm sure that most of the people who have been involved in this issue are very grateful for the effort that you've put into this.

I know I am.

For the record, still waiting for a box. Canada Post is still running, for now.

Regards,

Darkshado

Offline alh84001

« Reply #589 on: Tue, 12 July 2016, 01:35:10 »

Yes, indeed. Thanks to organising a place for us to exchange info I at least made a partial recovery.

(Now if only that AT and green MX would show up.)

Offline [Lewynlight]

• Formerly Dymloslouire
« Reply #590 on: Tue, 12 July 2016, 09:07:01 »
^ +1
i'm only hoping for my SP Bumblebee and MX clear stem right now... that's the only one i've seen here. dunno about the rest (grabbag,taihao.. etc)

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #591 on: Tue, 12 July 2016, 12:13:39 »
I just wanted to chime in with my sincere thanks for the work that you've put into this also.  It helped me to see how messed up things were from an earlier time than I would have otherwise.  And I credit that timing, and understanding, with the smooth transition with Paypal to a resolution.  And just to reiterate, I'm not sure, nor do I care about G's intent.  To me, it was a business transaction gone wrong.  And I treated him no differently than I would/have anyone else, big or small, in said transaction. 

I wish all the best in their efforts to get things resolved.

Offline Khers

• Schrödinger's box
« Reply #592 on: Thu, 14 July 2016, 07:07:19 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 08:37:55 by Khers »

Offline Skysophrenic

« Reply #593 on: Thu, 14 July 2016, 10:12:51 »
That's fine and all. If you've gone and made your own arrangements with others, then that's the end of the story.

I'm extending deadline by a few days. Saturday was my data crunching/sorting day, but I'm shifting that to another day in the near future. I need to go have one last drink with my Grandfather.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #594 on: Thu, 14 July 2016, 10:14:23 »
Anyway, the stuff I did receive has been forwarded to and received by the respective buyers.

That part is important information too, I think.  You might want to give proof of your matches to him too!  :thumb:

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #595 on: Thu, 14 July 2016, 10:48:12 »

I'm extending deadline by a few days.

I need to go have one last drink with my Grandfather.

Good idea about the deadline, I paid via Western Union 10 weeks ago today, so I am still holding out a glimmer of hope.

If you are saying that your grandfather is nearing the end of life, take a little recorder and squeeze a few stories out of him. I have a direct oral family history dating back to 1796 and it is important to carry real flesh experiences forward as we move rapidly into the digital age.

Offline Skysophrenic

« Reply #596 on: Wed, 20 July 2016, 11:50:46 »
I am no longer accepting any more submissions. I got a few the last couple of days. Stay tuned, sorting and matching now.

If you are saying that your grandfather is nearing the end of life, take a little recorder and squeeze a few stories out of him. I have a direct oral family history dating back to 1796 and it is important to carry real flesh experiences forward as we move rapidly into the digital age.

Certainly have chronicles of his letters, stacks calligraphy, poems, paintings, artwork, stories and letters he's written to family, friends, and for leisure exists within his bar/wardrobe. Binders, folders and scrolls even of things.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #597 on: Wed, 20 July 2016, 13:00:33 »

I am no longer accepting any more submissions.

It will be 11 weeks tomorrow. I went to the PO today and asked them to root around in the back to see if I had a box from Singapore that had been overlooked, but no. Now I suppose that I will have to start accepting the fact that I am probably going to be left empty-handed, but I won't give up completely for another couple of weeks.

Offline shrubkeys

« Reply #598 on: Wed, 20 July 2016, 19:29:59 »

Certainly have chronicles of his letters, stacks calligraphy, poems, paintings, artwork, stories and letters he's written to family, friends, and for leisure exists within his bar/wardrobe. Binders, folders and scrolls even of things.

I skimmed down and thought you were talking about berserk here.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #599 on: Thu, 21 July 2016, 05:40:14 »

I am no longer accepting any more submissions.

It will be 11 weeks tomorrow. I went to the PO today and asked them to root around in the back to see if I had a box from Singapore that had been overlooked, but no. Now I suppose that I will have to start accepting the fact that I am probably going to be left empty-handed, but I won't give up completely for another couple of weeks.

Sometimes I think it would be better to remain empty-handed than receive some of the crap that has been mailed out.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ