Author Topic: Anyone done deliveries for Amazon?  (Read 1257 times)

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Anyone done deliveries for Amazon?
« on: Wed, 27 October 2021, 13:31:06 »
I bought something and sent it to an Amazon locker.  On opening said locker to retrieve it I found two packages - one mine, one someone else's.  Assumedly the delivery driver doesn't know he(?)'s done wrong or he'd have re-opened the locker and took it out.  The intended recipient will have to complain and will no doubt be despatched a replacement, assuming it wasn't time sensitive.

If the driver is going to be punished for losing a package I'll send it back, if not I'll happily keep (or gift) the present from a huge company.  I can't ask them or they'll know I have it so does anyone here know?
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline AuthenticDanger

Re: Anyone done deliveries for Amazon?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 27 October 2021, 14:10:05 »
Put the package back and alert amazon. You don't even know if you want what's inside. The fact that amazon will replace it for the other person doesn't matter. What if they were waiting for a time sensitive item and now they have to reach out to amazon, complain and wait longer for it?

Don't be the bad person here, just alert amazon to the mistake and take the good karma.
F Keys belong on the left.

Online tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 27 October 2021, 14:21:55 »
Put the package back and alert amazon. You don't even know if you want what's inside. The fact that amazon will replace it for the other person doesn't matter. What if they were waiting for a time sensitive item and now they have to reach out to amazon, complain and wait longer for it?

Don't be the bad person here, just alert amazon to the mistake and take the good karma.

Unless it's a 3090...

The law is actually on your side,  finders keepers.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 27 October 2021, 15:35:49 »
What if they were waiting for a time sensitive item and now they have to reach out to amazon, complain and wait longer for it?

They're already waiting and complaining, nothing I can do about that.  It was delivered after 7 last night so if they were keen they could have collected their other package (they must have had two or the driver would have noticed) and complained before midnight and the replacement could have arrived by now, or if they wanted it to take somewhere today as a present the chance has gone.

Returning a package to an individual is good, saving a driver from hassle is good, helping a tax dodging multinational company who are as likely to bin the return as restock it if it's not expensive is neutral at best in my book.

Unless it's a 3090...
Too small and not heavy enough :p

I really want to open it but AD has a point - less than 5% of what they sell is going to be of any interest to me.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 27 October 2021, 16:39:19 »
Trying to tell Amazon about this is hard - which item do I have a problem with?  The one that's not in the list, obviously!  Chose the item I collected, got this.

Where's the "your robot isn't good enough give me a human" button...

If I say it's missing a part that's fraud, isn't it?  None of the other options are going to work.
« Last Edit: Wed, 27 October 2021, 16:43:53 by suicidal_orange »
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 28 October 2021, 03:55:36 »
I'd say keep it.
While I agree, it would be nice to get it to them, Amazon really doesn't care, to the extent that even returning it will be a chore for you and them. Even if you call and actually manage to find anyone it's likely they will tell you to keep it.

If companies insist on automating everything, this is the price they pay. They know it, they accept it and while I would like to think it will ruin them, I doubt that's going to happen anytime soon.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion