Author Topic: What makes you happy?  (Read 555832 times)

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
Re: What makes you happy?
« Reply #3201 on: Sun, 10 February 2019, 10:13:39 »
Daily operations affirmations.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #3202 on: Sun, 10 February 2019, 12:24:00 »
Got next week off.  :cool:

are the 2080Tis Ready ?
No I'm afraid only 980Ti still. Haven't found a reason to upgrade as of yet.
Right now I'm re-playing Red Dead Redemption on the PS3. I love that game.

I keep reading that new apex EA game is pretty gud'
I've been watching some streams of it and it looks really great... if you've got 2 other people to play with.
And therein lies my problem. Don't know anyone who likes BR games.
Which is cool, we're all waiting for The Division 2 anyway.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #3203 on: Sun, 10 February 2019, 12:31:53 »

are the 2080Tis Ready ?

I've been watching some streams of it and it looks really great... if you've got 2 other people to play with.

Friends not included..

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #3204 on: Sun, 10 February 2019, 13:52:56 »

are the 2080Tis Ready ?

Friends not included..
Show Image

I wouldn't even know how to make friends today. If any of these fall away I won't be able to make new ones I'm afraid.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #3205 on: Mon, 11 February 2019, 13:00:21 »
At the moment: little things like warming up to vi and learning to read binary clocks (pretty sure I'm going to DIY a watch in the near future lol).

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #3206 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 10:49:18 »
Well, there are numerous things that tend to raise up my dopamine and make the feeling known as "happy". One of them is typing on a mechanical keyboard, which is so satisfying and that's why i switched.
Another thing that makes me happy is playing video games since it is a lot of fun, and especially food like Brownies.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #3207 on: Sat, 23 February 2019, 04:45:57 »
Tap dancing. In fact, it's been shown it's impossible to tap dance and not be happy.

Even people in the Czech Republic stay happy by tap dancing:

Yes, you can even live in flippin' Eastern Europe and stay happy if you tap dance enough. 'Nuff said.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3208 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 20:00:04 »
Moved house recently and misplaced my HHKB.

Now I have found it :D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #3209 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 07:30:13 »

Hope you are enjoying your new digs.  :thumb:

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #3210 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 10:11:39 »

I thought HHKBs were EDC essentials?  Or a travel companion if you will?  Am hap you found it either way :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3211 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 19:54:16 »

Mmmmmm not really.  It is only supposed to be temporary, anyway.

I thought HHKBs were EDC essentials?  Or a travel companion if you will?  Am hap you found it either way :)

Maybe, but you can only carry so much, and my arms were full of RealForce.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline yuppie

« Reply #3212 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 21:42:29 »
Accomplishment.
"Overall, it's a good community..  wish you well on your Pokemon Journey.." - TP4
Current Trades -- Wishlist

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #3213 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 10:17:57 »

Mmmmmm not really.  It is only supposed to be temporary, anyway.

Maybe, but you can only carry so much, and my arms were full of RealForce.

:))

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3214 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 20:12:18 »
Went back to the same pizza shop as last time, and the others got pizzas with no cheese.

Sounds strange, but my other half is supposed to be on a strict cheese-free diet, and the offspring (very fussy eater) does not like cheese.

This time they all liked the pizzas :D

We might get to go back there again.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3215 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 20:17:02 »
Went back to the same pizza shop as last time, and the others got pizzas with no cheese.

Sounds strange, but my other half is supposed to be on a strict cheese-free diet, and the offspring (very fussy eater) does not like cheese.

Pizza no chez ?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3216 on: Wed, 20 March 2019, 20:59:54 »

Pizza no chez ?

Show Image

I wouldn't be able to eat it.

The pizza I get has plenty of cheese on it.  Plenty.

Offline mathews25410

« Reply #3217 on: Wed, 20 March 2019, 22:29:17 »
Tea

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3218 on: Thu, 21 March 2019, 17:33:08 »

Tp4 always got multi cheese.. Really like cheddar crust.

Offline HouseofSuffering

« Reply #3219 on: Thu, 21 March 2019, 17:35:29 »
I just sat in the floor of my kitchen and ate chips with my two-year-old son. He is not feeling well so I brought him some of his favorite chips. Even though it was so simple, we had a really great and memorable moment.

That made me really happy.

Good stuff!  :thumb:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3220 on: Thu, 21 March 2019, 20:55:05 »

Cheese = dairy product.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #3221 on: Thu, 21 March 2019, 20:58:56 »

Cheese = dairy product.

dairy product + me = happy rocket-ship

Offline iri

« Reply #3222 on: Fri, 22 March 2019, 17:57:09 »
luckily, cape canaveral is not far away
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #3223 on: Fri, 22 March 2019, 18:00:28 »
luckily, cape canaveral is not far away

This is true :cool:

Offline mkkeyboardvigilante

• Location: Atlanta, GA, thocking, clicking, and clacking away depending on my mood
« Reply #3224 on: Mon, 25 March 2019, 08:11:08 »
Chocolate and getting things done.
Current driver: HHKB Pro 2 (BKE Ultra Lights), Wooting One w/ Flaretech Red switches and HyperX PBT keycaps.

Other keyboards I own and like: Realforce 87U Variable Weight, Realforce 87U 55g, Niz Plum, Magicforce 108 Gateron Reds w/ O-Rings.

Other keyboards I have: Magicforce 68 Cherry MX Brown, Havit Low-Profile Kailh Blue, Logitech K740,
Yeah, it's a loooooooooooot of keyboards. :P

Offline Nerd

• Nerd (Aka Alex) Aka Garbage. Sister: @sintpinty
    • My Youtube channel!
« Reply #3225 on: Mon, 25 March 2019, 10:36:20 »
My family, my friends, video editing, taking on projects and the simple pleasures of life. I generally feel happy right now, and i hope people here are having a great day.  ;D
"The world's nerdiest nerd that loves Youtube."

Consider subscribing to my channel, TanookiAlex. That would be greatly appreciated, thank you! Link is: Youtube.com/c/tanookialex.

*  Subscriber Goal - 735/1000 *

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #3226 on: Fri, 29 March 2019, 19:40:09 »
Mary Jane :D
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3227 on: Mon, 01 April 2019, 18:47:27 »
Started my new job today only to find out they weren't ready for me yet. So all my training will be done by eod tomorrow and I get a fully paid 5 day weekend because they are contractually obligated to pay me. Nice to have the contractor system work in my favor for a change  :thumb:

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3228 on: Mon, 01 April 2019, 19:26:57 »
Started my new job today only to find out they weren't ready for me yet. So all my training will be done by eod tomorrow and I get a fully paid 5 day weekend because they are contractually obligated to pay me. Nice to have the contractor system work in my favor for a change  :thumb:
Congrats noisy!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3229 on: Mon, 01 April 2019, 19:27:58 »
Congrats noisy!

Boss's daughters better watch out.. !!

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #3230 on: Mon, 01 April 2019, 20:01:13 »
Congrats

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3231 on: Mon, 01 April 2019, 21:05:10 »

Congrats - I hope the job works out well :)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3232 on: Mon, 01 April 2019, 21:14:42 »
thanks yall  :-[

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #3233 on: Wed, 03 April 2019, 08:15:38 »

Cool, happy days, conrats!  :thumb:
Now, I need to find one.... :'(
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3234 on: Tue, 16 April 2019, 23:07:05 »
Looking through my old Magic cards and realized I have a $500 card just tossed into a longbox like a normal card. Probably been there for like 15 years.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3235 on: Tue, 16 April 2019, 23:13:44 »
Looking through my old Magic cards and realized I have a $500 card just tossed into a longbox like a normal card. Probably been there for like 15 years.

Roofgh Roofgh, Awoool ?

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #3236 on: Tue, 16 April 2019, 23:31:11 »

Which card?  Black Lotus?  Hope it's still in decent condition holy moly

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3237 on: Tue, 16 April 2019, 23:36:36 »

Revised Underground Sea. Found a Mox Diamond in there too!

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #3238 on: Tue, 16 April 2019, 23:44:37 »

Revised Underground Sea. Found a Mox Diamond in there too!

Damn, Underground Sea looks familiar.  Nice

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #3239 on: Wed, 17 April 2019, 16:58:16 »
Forgot how to smile for twenty minutes, and it took me two minutes to get my smile back.  Feels good to know how to smile again.

Offline niner

« Reply #3240 on: Wed, 17 April 2019, 17:39:15 »
Well gaming makes me happy

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3241 on: Wed, 17 April 2019, 17:52:32 »
Forgot how to smile for twenty minutes, and it took me two minutes to get my smile back.  Feels good to know how to smile again.

are you on LSD?

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #3242 on: Wed, 17 April 2019, 18:10:46 »

are you on LSD?

Twenty years of LSD?  I wish I could say that was the cause.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3243 on: Wed, 17 April 2019, 18:34:26 »

are you on LSD?

/Headscratch..

mertx, u can tell us all stuffs,  we listen gud'

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3244 on: Wed, 17 April 2019, 18:43:06 »

are you on LSD?

Ah, forgetting then remembering how to smile sounds like something that would happen on psychedelics.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #3245 on: Wed, 17 April 2019, 18:43:32 »

are you on LSD?

/Headscratch..

mertx, u can tell us all stuffs,  we listen gud'

It's a story for another day.  Was just speaking to the void  :-*

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3246 on: Wed, 17 April 2019, 18:44:48 »

It's a story for another day.  Was just speaking to the void  :-*

Send Tp4 pm.. Tp4 = problem solver. 

Solutions usually involves CRT

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3247 on: Wed, 17 April 2019, 22:04:05 »
I would say that the decision i made 5 years ago makes me happy because i wasn't serious with my life and used to smoke weed all day and had no purpose for life but that one day changed everything for me because i met my childhood bestie. She was a success story earning 75k a year and owning a Audi made me feel pathetic of my current situation, so i started studying again and avoid all the ****ty friends i made along the way and graduated in medical sciences, now i can take care of myself and my handicapped mom.

Welcome to Geekhack!

And congratulations on your success!  A life change like that can be daunting, but you have shown that the effort is definitely worth it.

Got an Audi yet? ;)

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #3248 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 17:18:51 »
I would say that the decision i made 5 years ago makes me happy because i wasn't serious with my life and used to smoke weed all day and had no purpose for life but that one day changed everything for me because i met my childhood bestie. She was a success story earning 75k a year and owning a Audi made me feel pathetic of my current situation, so i started studying again and avoid all the ****ty friends i made along the way and graduated in medical sciences, now i can take care of myself and my handicapped mom.

Welcome to Geekhack!

And congratulations on your success!  A life change like that can be daunting, but you have shown that the effort is definitely worth it.

Got an Audi yet? ;)

You get more envoy from a gen 4 Suzuki Jimny these days.

Offline sleepy

« Reply #3249 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 23:20:33 »
Have my last final exam on Tuesday. Then i'm graduated :)