Author Topic: BNIB SSK (Nov 87)  (Read 1987 times)

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
BNIB SSK (Nov 87)
« on: Sat, 23 March 2013, 17:43:37 »
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
Re: BNIB SSK (Nov 87)
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 23 March 2013, 18:27:48 »
prepare for missing rivets ;)

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 23 March 2013, 18:29:30 »
It's nice to grab a new in box, but honestly, it wouldn't be much better than a slightly used one since the rivets will pop in time either way :P

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 23 March 2013, 18:46:04 »
I think that's why this is more of a collector item than anything. If I'm buying a keyboards, it's going to be typed on so BNIB doesn't really many a whole lot to me
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 23 March 2013, 18:47:51 »
there aren't that many people that have a box and the original styrofoam at this point. i think i can count the number of copies i know of on one hand..

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 23 March 2013, 19:55:57 »
Woo! And I thought this was going to be a boring weekend 'round here. ;D

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 23 March 2013, 20:37:42 »
its been on ebay since yesterday or day before, 400 for it OBO.....
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 24 March 2013, 04:10:34 »
This is dumb.. Unicomp is making a new one soon-ish.. 

why bother.

You can only "collect" something until you're DEAD...  what was the point of that collection if it was for BNIB as in "something" you can't use...  :))

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 24 March 2013, 08:17:24 »

why bother.

You can only "collect" something until you're DEAD...  what was the point of that collection if it was for BNIB as in "something" you can't use...  :))

No. Unicomp isn't. They have no intention of ever doing a SSK case, because the tooling is broke. They can't make a SSK membrane. They don't make SSK barrels or plates afaik. There's a reason the SSKRew exist. If you can cite an official Unicomp rep saying they are planning to manufacture a SSK, then I'll consider your statement.

Cheers,
IBM Model M 1390120, Otaku Unicomp+RGB, CM QFR Green, Ducky YOTD Red, SSK MKII,
ErgoDox Blue, ErgoDox White

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 24 March 2013, 09:32:00 »

why bother.

No. Unicomp isn't. They have no intention of ever doing a SSK case, because the tooling is broke. They can't make a SSK membrane. They don't make SSK barrels or plates afaik. There's a reason the SSKRew exist. If you can cite an official Unicomp rep saying they are planning to manufacture a SSK, then I'll consider your statement.

Cheers,
I don't have the time to look it up right now, but I'm pretty sure he said something about it. That said, they also said something 5 years ago. Y'know with unicomp, things can move pretty slowly and actually not happen at all.

Offline OrangeJewce

• ssk.ℜ
  • King of the Jewce
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 24 March 2013, 09:47:10 »

why bother.

Cheers,
I don't have the time to look it up right now, but I'm pretty sure he said something about it. That said, they also said something 5 years ago. Y'know with unicomp, things can move pretty slowly and actually not happen at all.

Well the last time I asked them they responded:

"We do not have plans to offer a tenkeyless model at this time."

I'll try to pull up that email.

Cheers,
IBM Model M 1390120, Otaku Unicomp+RGB, CM QFR Green, Ducky YOTD Red, SSK MKII,
ErgoDox Blue, ErgoDox White

Offline jcrouse

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 24 March 2013, 09:57:02 »
The thing here is that these are dated on the back and easily distinguishable. The "originals" will always have value with collectors. These are not red Cherry ESC caps where you can't really tell the difference between the old and new. Collectors probably won't use them and could care less what Unicomp does.

John

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 24 March 2013, 12:29:25 »
I am not in the market, since I don't have the money, and like numpads, but this does not seem out of line.

Considering what these sell for, a pristine specimen, ultra-early date, and original packaging make it extremely desirable. I would think that $300 is not out of line at all.

Of course, the real old-timers are scoffing because they have multiples of these that they bought back in aught-2 for $40
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"