• Gnillort?
« on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 01:05:28 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 October 2014, 19:07:32 by esoomenona »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: The State of the Union
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 01:19:57 »
There's really not enough members on Geekhack to warrant any moderation whatsoever....   

As long as no one is actively trying to kill someone, this is the internet, no amount of filtering is useful, because the consequences are clearly banal..

Say you turn someone away, he'll just be at some other forum.. and what we're after here, first and fore-most the success of ANY internet hub is TRAFFIC....

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: The State of the Union
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 02:27:20 »
There's really not enough members on Geekhack to warrant any moderation whatsoever....   

As long as no one is actively trying to kill someone, this is the internet, no amount of filtering is useful, because the consequences are clearly banal..

Say you turn someone away, he'll just be at some other forum.. and what we're after here, first and fore-most the success of ANY internet hub is TRAFFIC....

I'm inclined to agree mostly. This forum is mainly adults, some teenagers which is fine, but I really don't think anyone on GH or attracted to this forum would abuse it. We are pretty tightly knit and already self-police, so if anything is particularly offensive I am quite certain someone will speak out about it. You still need mods, at least a few to army anyone who gets out of hand, but curse words and tasteful nudity should be allowed. I don't think allowing such would be a determent to GH. Maybe just make a few rules like tagging a topic that might offend someones delicate sensibilities. This community is small but strong, and it's pretty obvious many of us will/do fight for it so a little ****ing **** and ****ing tits would be a welcome change. Really it doesn't matter, I suppose it's about how you view your personal freedoms on the Internet.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 06:47:23 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 October 2014, 19:07:41 by esoomenona »