Author Topic: Vaccine bloodclots  (Read 1710 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Vaccine bloodclots
« on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 09:14:02 »
Your thoughts ?

JnJ vaccine with (rare) report of bloodclots.

Offline yui

Re: Vaccine bloodclots
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 09:34:31 »
vaccine = lower death rate = better
and either way win win if you are dead you can't catch covid anymore either :)
although some peoples will attribute every single possible side effects to the vaccine too, next thing will will see is that it causes broken legs...
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 10:17:21 »

vaccine = lower death rate = better

The risk of blood clots is still orders of magnitude less than the risk of the disease.

Most modern human beings have had great difficulty understanding the meaning of statistics ever since statistics became "a thing".
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline cthalupa

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 13:34:48 »
6 people out of 7 million reporting blood clots. All women. 1 in 1000 women per year on hormonal birth control get blood clots.

I wouldn't be surprised if some or all of the women reporting blood clots after the vaccine are on birth control, in which case that is the more likely cause than the vaccine.

(Also, it's mind boggling to me with the state of medical science our birth control methods are still so dangerous and inefficient.)

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 17:21:58 »
They did it to stop people from panicking, nothing more.
That risk level is fine but there's too much toxicity in the vaccine in general due to people politicizing this for their own gain (many of which secretly ran out and got vaccinated while telling others not to). Dodger Stadium had to shut down their site because of protestors, my local one has cops and Nat. Guard on hand just in case.

If you politicized this, go take a long walk off a short bridge you pile of excrement.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 17:30:05 »
(Also, it's mind boggling to me with the state of medical science our birth control methods are still so dangerous and inefficient.)
All drugs are weighed benefit vs risk/harm. It's not is it safe, it's more like is this better than the alternative. The more good it does the more leeway it;s given in terms of harm.

Women's birth control is allowed leeway because of how risky pregnancy is and how life changing it can be. Male birth control has very little leeway because women's pregnancy poses no risk for the man so any male birth control has to pass faaar more stringent testing.

Personally, I think in this case it needs to be given some considerations because it takes two to tango. Sure it may not be risky to the man, but what of their partner? There is no single individual at risk here but that's currently how it is handled.
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline jamster

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 22:51:24 »
They did it to stop people from panicking, nothing more.
That risk level is fine but there's too much toxicity in the vaccine in general due to people politicizing this for their own gain (many of which secretly ran out and got vaccinated while telling others not to). Dodger Stadium had to shut down their site because of protestors, my local one has cops and Nat. Guard on hand just in case.

This would be nuts. Have there been documented cases of this? I have not been paying close attention to anything to do with global vaccine deployments as local news is depressing enough already- the vast majority of people around me are holding off the vaccine because of random social media rumours and uncertainty.

I had my first of two shots last week, and was surprised by how easy it was to book the appointment, then realised that was because everyone else is just waiting. Whilst at the same time moaning about how they wished that schools and businesses would return to normal.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 01:59:07 »
This would be nuts. Have there been documented cases of this?
I'm struggling to find articles for it because for some reason news sources search engines are absolute garbage (WTF), but yes, LOOOOTS did this, pastors in particular have been saying trust god and Jesus and getting vaccinated secretly.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline jamster

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 02:14:43 »
This would be nuts. Have there been documented cases of this?
I'm struggling to find articles for it because for some reason news sources search engines are absolute garbage (WTF), but yes, LOOOOTS did this, pastors in particular have been saying trust god and Jesus and getting vaccinated secretly.

Fanbloodytastic. It boggles the mind that someone would try to discourage others from being vaccinated. I can... kind of see why self interest might cause someone to hold off being vaccinated (if they were totally ignorant of statistics and had weird risk assessment), but surely they would want everyone around them vaccinated.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 11:32:37 »
Ouch. Not the Johnson-and-Johnson vaccine too!

Previously the "Oxford"/"Astra Zeneca" vaccine has been linked to blood clots.
However, a theory is that the clots were not caused by the vaccine as much as how it was administered: that nurses would have done it wrong.

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 15 April 2021, 01:59:59 »
I believe the benefits outweigh the risk, so I'm all for getting vaccinated. And to put my 'money' where my mouth is, I just had a Moderna jab like, 3 hours ago, so far so good! My 2nd shot would be about a month from now....

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 15 April 2021, 05:29:53 »
The culprit in the J&J and Astra-Zeneca vaccines suspected to be adenoviruses used as vector. https://arstechnica.com/science/2021/04/the-very-common-vaccine-ingredient-at-the-center-of-jj-astrazeneca-drama/