Author Topic: When yellow is not quite yellow  (Read 15655 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
When yellow is not quite yellow
« on: Wed, 31 October 2012, 23:51:24 »
As discussed here http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=28039.0 the Filco yellowtop yellow is different to the WASD yellow set.

The Filco yellow (that I had on order until the supplier advised that the keyboard was no longer available) is like this:

The WASD yellow does seem more pastel:

There is an EK yellow Topre set (no good for me, I want MX) which seems closer to the Filco yellow:

And finally SP has a yellow option YY that seems somewhere in between (although the YBP next to it looks quite a bit like the sides of the Filco keys, although they are in shadow, but is probably too orange for the keycaps):

So without a direct comparison available of SP yellow keycaps with the Filco keyboard, has anyone got any ideas how to most closely match the Filco yellow without actually getting a Filco yellow keyboard?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: When yellow is not quite yellow
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 03:08:24 »
That picture looks to be a different shade than mine. Much brighter. Mine was a bit darker, kind of orangy.
[ Specified attachment is not available ]
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 November 2012, 03:11:38 by noisyturtle »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 03:52:50 »
At a guess I'd say that was the lighting where you took the picture?  Every other picture of the yellow Filco I have seen, including reaper's in the other thread, is almost the same bright yellow.

Actually reaper's looks a bit duller too.

Anyone else got one?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 06:13:23 »
They're called golden yellow (I have an unprinted set for my red cased Filco for ketchup and mustard/micky D look.). It is a warmer yellow than YY in the picture, but not quite as warm as YBP.

Offline squarebox

• In Omnia Paratus
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 09:54:36 »
Problem solved...

« Last Edit: Thu, 01 November 2012, 10:07:15 by squarebox »
Filco Yellow Edition  | Filco Brown | Filco 2 Brown TKL | G80-1950 | G80-3494 | G80-11900 | Leopold FC500R | Noppoo Choc Mini

Offline Cafiend

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 12:53:14 »
I have yellow from wasd that is very pale compared to those ninja yellow wasd keys from  thekbco.

toss up between yy and ycf for my yellow set.

seems like everyone has their own idea of yellow =/

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 14:17:08 »
Problem solved...
Show Image

Show Image

Fantastic!  Exactly what I was looking for - thank you :)

So it seems that the Filco yellow keyboards are YCF (which no-one does a single set of at a reasonable price).

Where are the WASD with side-printed arrows from?  They look closer to YY (SP does YY), but slightly less orange.

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 14:28:27 »
They're factory Filco caps.

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 14:28:50 »
Those are Filco aftermarket caps, likely from EK.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 15:54:12 »
EK sells a Topre set in what looks very much like the same yellow, or at least fairly close to it, which is no good as I want MX.  sigh

I really like the Filco yellow, and the WASD yellow doesn't feel the same.

Is anyone able to advise what yellow the WASD ones are?  As in what colour code please?

Offline Cafiend

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 17:55:56 »
YCE for the "wasd yellow" I think. (from wasd)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 18:25:39 »
YCE?  About the palest yellow there is (as much as these leys are pale anyway).

I also just learned that WASD has a sampler pack, including a yellow key cap, so I have ordered one of those.  Let's find out exactly how yellow their yellow is.

Offline squarebox

• In Omnia Paratus
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 19:40:30 »
YCE?  About the palest yellow there is (as much as these leys are pale anyway).

I also just learned that WASD has a sampler pack, including a yellow key cap, so I have ordered one of those.  Let's find out exactly how yellow their yellow is.

The WASD is from Filco as an accessory. From my eyes, YY is the closest unlike the Filco Yellow with YCF which are almost a perfect match.

Perhaps I should order some keycaps from WASDkeyboards for referencing. It sucks to always have to pay a exorbitant shipping for everything.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 November 2012, 19:44:17 by squarebox »
Filco Yellow Edition  | Filco Brown | Filco 2 Brown TKL | G80-1950 | G80-3494 | G80-11900 | Leopold FC500R | Noppoo Choc Mini

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 20:33:21 »
So does that mean that the keycaps on the yellow Filco keyboard are a slightly different colour to the yellow Filco WASD set?

That would kinda make sense if (a) the yellow Filco keyboard is a limited edition, designed such that no-one can easily duplicate it due to an odd colour; and (b) if you had a yellow Filco keyboard you are unlikely to replace the WASD keys with yellow ones seeing as how they are yellow to begin with.

Nearly everything costs too much to get shipped out here to Australia (mainly from US or UK).  Usually at least four times what it costs to ship within Australia.

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 20:49:15 »
EK sells a Topre set in what looks very much like the same yellow, or at least fairly close to it, which is no good as I want MX.  sigh

clearly you should forget MX and get a topre. besides topre yellow is the best yellow.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 21:49:04 »
^ lol

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 22:25:00 »
Topre has wonderful colors.  Except the spacebars...

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
Re: Re: When yellow is not quite yellow
« Reply #17 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 22:47:13 »
Topre has wonderful colors.  Except the spacebars...
Those darn ABS space bars!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 01 November 2012, 22:47:38 »
If I could afford (read: if my other half would approve the expense) a Topre board + yellow keycaps I could have imported a yellow Filco from the US in the first place ;)

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 00:16:16 »
I have both but personally prefer Filco's yellow over Topre's.

Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 00:22:35 »
Don't want to derail the thread, but where is your new avatar from, reaps?  Reminds me of the Strogg!

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #21 on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 00:24:41 »
It's from the Expendables.  :)
Din Eli

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 00:27:42 »
Thanks reaper :)

That one has bigger legends - I was actually thinking of the slightly bigger legends from WASD (they call it "classic" as opposed to "modern").  The pic I posted above is actually from the WASD eBay listing, where they illustrate the "modern" legends.

That space bar you have looks a slightly different colour.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 00:29:10 »

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 00:33:50 »
Thanks reaper :)

That one has bigger legends - I was actually thinking of the slightly bigger legends from WASD (they call it "classic" as opposed to "modern").  The pic I posted above is actually from the WASD eBay listing, where they illustrate the "modern" legends.

That space bar you have looks a slightly different colour.

You're welcome and tbh, I've seen some yellow keycaps from WASD (ABS) and personally, I didn't like it at all. 

As for the color differences, that is typical on any PBT set since all the keycaps are PBT except the spacebar.  :)
« Last Edit: Fri, 02 November 2012, 00:53:30 by reaper »
Din Eli

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #25 on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 05:11:12 »
As to most things like this, it will probably come down to personal preference.  I have a sampler pack from WASD on its way, so I will be able to see for myself what the yellow looks like.  From the pictures though, it looks a bit, well, plasticky, if that makes sense..

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 15 November 2012, 03:48:26 »
WASD sample pack arrived, and the yellow is somewhat washed out.  Even compared to the yellow Ducky key chain cap I have (the difference is more noticable under natural light).

Offline squarebox

• In Omnia Paratus
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 15 November 2012, 05:20:11 »
So it's post-it note yellow or canary yellow

YCE yellow?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #28 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 03:37:03 »
I now have four different yellow keycaps, apart from the hazard set each one is by itself i.e. not part of a set:

From left to right:

1. WASD sampler kit
2. KeyPop awesome face
3. Ducky key chain keycap
4. Hazard set

The WASD seems the palest, and I probably prefer the hazard yellow best, only marginally better than the awesome face.  The Ducky one seems to sit somewhere between.

From the Hazard GB, this post http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=36038.msg682866#msg682866 seems to indicate that the colour is YAM, but that does not appear in the earlier pictures of the colour rings.  It does not seem to be one of the standard colours for a SP customised set.

Has anyone got a YAM sample?  For example to compare with the Hazard key, and maybe the WASD key?

I know it is asking a lot - one day I will have to try to get my own colour ring :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 December 2012, 03:49:46 by rowdy »

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
« Reply #29 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 04:26:57 »
IF I get the yellow PBT keys (currently have not heard a thing about them) I will post them next to my yellow WASD key and awesome face to compare the colours for you, too.
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
    • Alessandro's Sweet Shop
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 11:56:59 »
Needs more Litster face caps for egg yolk yellow.
KBC Poker | MX Reds | Beige Doubleshots
Goldtouch 10Key Pad | MX Browns | Beige Doubleshots
IBM Model M-122 Terminal (Bolt modded) | Buckling Springs | Beige Dyesubs

Alessandro's Sweet Shop- "I never said they were art."

Offline inlikeflynn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • file not found
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 12:01:36 »
rowdy: yellow's back in stock in the US now http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0060J3XNG/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0060J3XNG&linkCode=as2&tag=5336432816-20
I know you're not from the US, but at least its available again somewhere now
----------- __o
--------- _`\<,_
BRAAP(>)/ (*)
************^^^^^^

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 03 December 2012, 13:11:54 »
IF I get the yellow PBT keys (currently have not heard a thing about them) I will post them next to my yellow WASD key and awesome face to compare the colours for you, too.

Thank you :)

I thought that was a one-of-a-kind?

rowdy: yellow's back in stock in the US now http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0060J3XNG/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0060J3XNG&linkCode=as2&tag=5336432816-20
I know you're not from the US, but at least its available again somewhere now

Saw that.  Funny - there were only 10 in stock last night, now there are only 20.  At $150 + shipping to AU it is a bit too expensive for the next couple of months, but thank you, at least there is some hope that there are a few left in stores somewhere around the world :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #33 on: Fri, 11 January 2013, 00:40:28 »
Following on from the previous comparison, now I have a new yellow keycap to add to the mix:

1. WASD sampler kit
2. KeyPop awesome face
4. Hazard set
5. KeyPop Smile!

The Smile! is probably closest to the awesome face, which is to be expected as they are both from KeyPop.  Also very similar to the Hazard set.

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 11 January 2013, 13:43:16 »

I thought that was a one-of-a-kind?

So was everything.

So, is this like the ultimate yellow collection or something?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #35 on: Fri, 11 January 2013, 16:34:04 »
Just me on my quest for a set of yellow keycaps.  Comparing various yellows available, and sorta making this some kind of small reference to yellow keycaps, at least those that I have.

Offline kmiller8

• Banned
  •  Post Reporting Timeout
  • Who is that kmiller8 guy?
« Reply #36 on: Fri, 11 January 2013, 17:18:45 »
The Smile! is probably closest to the awesome face, which is to be expected as they are both from KeyPop.  Also very similar to the Hazard set.

Which are all from SP ;)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #37 on: Sat, 12 January 2013, 00:07:57 »
Which are all from SP ;)

That would explain a lot!

Offline MissMurd3r84

• In IRC wondering why Kmiller8 is yelling.
« Reply #38 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 07:09:13 »
I found a yellow for you...
KBC Poker - Red switches. Noppoo Choc Mini - Black switches. Leopold FC700R (White) - Blue switches. Ducky YOTD - Brown switches. Razer BW - Blue switches and rusted.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #39 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 13:09:08 »
Gimmeh!!1!!!!

(Need a bigger bath tub tho.)

;D :)) :D

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #40 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 16:09:00 »
Hey Rowdy, do you have any topre yellow for comparison? If not I could send you over the esc cap I'm not using.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #41 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 23:35:01 »
Not having any Topre boards, no, I also do not have any Topre keycaps.

If I was thinking of getting a Topre board, I would probably get the EK yellow keycaps straight away.  From what I have seen they are a really nice shade of yellow.

I am tempted to say yes, just get get another yellow keycap, although it would spend its life sitting in my spare keycap box.  Is there anyone else who might like it?  Or did you want to keep it to have the full yellow set for potential future sale or something?

If not, I might be tempted :)

For science.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #42 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 23:42:22 »
I hope I don't need to sell this topre board in the future! But with esc or not, there is a clack to replace it ;)
Well if you never plan on going topre, and can't help but wanting a cap, lemme know.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #43 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 23:55:01 »
I would, to see and compare the yellow, but not if I am stopping someone else from actually using the keycap.

I didn't even enter the EK draw for the Topre clacks, I felt so guilty.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #44 on: Sun, 13 January 2013, 23:58:04 »
You'll be stopping a box from using it, poor little box!

Just shoot me a pm with your address.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #45 on: Mon, 14 January 2013, 00:03:04 »
YGPM thanks :D

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #46 on: Wed, 16 January 2013, 12:11:57 »
And the little yellow esc is on his way down! Hope it gets there safe and sound!

I have a feeling the topre yellow will be close to filco yellow from pics I've seen.

Make sure to take comparison shots once it arrives!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #47 on: Wed, 16 January 2013, 13:09:55 »
Many thanks for that, I'll get back to you in a couple of weeks (which is about how long it usually takes).

Comparison photo - definitely!

One day, hopefully soonish, I hope to get some Filco yellow for what I hope will be a final comparison.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #48 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 19:34:08 »
A new addition: Topre yellow!  Thanks Halverson :)

From left to right:

1. WASD sampler kit
2. KeyPop awesome face
4. Hazard set
5. KeyPop Smile!
6. Topre

The Topre yellow is actually different to what I expected.  In the picture it looks like a cross between the WASD yellow and the Ducky yellow, but it is more ... orangish, I suppose.

I imagine it is probably closer to the Filco yellow (which is on it's way!!!).

By itself (as a single keycap), I think I probably still prefer the Smile!/Hazard yellow, but a set of Topre yellow would look really nice :)

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #49 on: Wed, 30 January 2013, 19:37:02 »
Very nice! Ya the topre set in pictures is a little brighter than in person. My thought are similar to filco yellow as well.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 03:06:00 »
Now that the yellow goodness has arrived (thanks again, Prof!), here is the usual comparison:

From left to right:

1. WASD sampler kit
2. KeyPop awesome face
4. Hazard set
5. KeyPop Smile!
6. Topre
7. Filco

In that shot the Filco does look a bit orangish, which is the general impression I got from most of the pictures I have seen of these keycaps.  This is totally fine by me :)

Now that I see Filco next to SP yellow, the SP one seems to have a slight green tinge to it.  WASD still seems faded, and Topre is, well, at a guess I'd say slightly orange like the Filco, but with a shade of blue too.  Or maybe it was a trick of the light ...

Another way of showing it is to put the other yellow keycaps on the keyboard, alternating between the Filco yellow (same order as above):

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 03:17:03 »
Oh wow! From the pictures, the filco seems even darker than topre! Guess its hard to get perfectly accurate in photos...but loving the yellow set! :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 03:35:14 »
It is darker.  I'll have to try again with the sun shining down on the keyboard rather than at an angle.

Offline shadewolf

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 13:48:58 »
Thanks for the pics, rowdy!

How do the hazard set/awesome face look in person with the Filco set? Do they clash too much since the shades are different, or do you think it's acceptable?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 07 February 2013, 15:22:32 »
I can take a pic of that (Hazard on the function row) probably this weekend.

The Hazard set is definitely a different colour - maybe a slight green tinge compared to the orange hue on the Filco.

Whether that is acceptable is probably a personal thing.  I am wondering how long until I feel like putting a different keycap set on this QFR - probably a long time ;)  Toxic might change my mind, but I don't think so.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #55 on: Sat, 09 February 2013, 22:27:58 »
A few additional photos, as promised, taken outside in diffuse sunlight with the aforementioned Samsung L100.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #56 on: Sun, 10 February 2013, 03:12:49 »
^^^  Yea, the WASD definitely looks PALE....

Thanks for this thread... I was about to order a blank yellow set...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #57 on: Sun, 10 February 2013, 03:31:21 »
It is definitely the palest of the bunch.

Offline Alessandro

• * Vendor
  • The Price Is Right
« Reply #58 on: Sun, 10 February 2013, 09:05:16 »
So much varying yellow! :D

Also, dat font. D: