Author Topic: LASTLY, A MECH KEYBOARD WITH THE PERFECT LAYOUT + FOOTPRINT IS BORNED!!!!  (Read 37065 times)

Offline Human

http://www.waishehome.cn/thread-47762-1-1.html

How many of you here being waiting for such a layout?!!?!?!?
Tenkeyless without compromising on productivity.

The sad part is that it uses a strange layout at numpad when numlock off...

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
SIDE NOTE(another keyboard):
1st tenkeyless backlit keyboard borned.
Fixed the strange spacebar standard(now KBC compatible) and uneven spacing. Also now using Cherry Style stabiliser instead wire(Costar) style.
http://www.waishehome.cn/thread-47760-1-1.html

« Last Edit: Sun, 21 October 2012, 04:48:45 by Human »

Offline phormality

I like it.  I'd like a Mac version of it as well.

Offline Tarkoon

Is it rubberdome, Cherry, Topre, ALPS?
But the layout is indeed very nice!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Quote from: Human;566709
Show Image

Show Image

http://www.waishehome.cn/thread-47762-1-1.html

Tenkeyless without compromising on productivity.

The sad part is that it uses a strange layout at numpad when numlock off...

Hmmmm........ yea it's pretty sweet.. I would hold off until late into the product cycle,, being multilayered and all, I envision problems // screwups

Is it firmware updatable??

Also, copy of the dolce???

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 47212[/ATTACH]

Offline Human

Quote from: Tarkoon;566715
Is it rubberdome, Cherry, Topre, ALPS?
But the layout is indeed very nice!

Both KBs above are Cherry switches(cause it is the only switch that had market in China).

Quote from: tp4tissue;566718
Hmmmm........ yea it's pretty sweet.. I would hold off until late into the product cycle,, being multilayered and all, I envision problems // screwups

Is it firmware updatable??

Also, copy of the dolce???

(Attachment Link) 47212[/ATTACH]

Details unsure.

The keyboard is being designed from scratch(but the idea isn't anything new). Such layout is to fit those people who like to have keyboard with the footprint of TKL but still need numpad. Such layout are normal on 15"+ laptops.

Infact by combining the main clusters with numpad, you won't even need to use the dedicated arrow keys, del , home and so on. You can just numlock on and off to change between numpad and arrow keys as you like.
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 April 2012, 13:27:28 by Human »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
Quote from: Human;566743
Both KBs above are Cherry switches(cause it is the only switch that had market in China).

there's also alotta anti-japanese products psychology in China, so that may explain why topre isn't as popular,,, ALTHOUGH japanese pr0n  is somehow excluded from the racism.

Offline Human

Quote from: tp4tissue;566745
there's also alotta anti-japanese products psychology in China, so that may explain why topre isn't as popular,,, ALTHOUGH japanese pr0n  is somehow excluded from the racism.
True, but not 100%. Japanese products are still deemed as high qualities. FILCO is still worshiped as top tier keyboard over other competitor.
I believe topre's price is the main reason that it isn't popular.

For the pr0n part, can't deny it. I came from a multiracial country(which also being ruled by Japan b4) and I had seen that those foreign Japan stuffs(JAV, JManga, JAnime and so on) are actually promoting racial integration effectively than any other mean.

Offline mkeeley

Not for me, if I had to choose I'd prefer cursor keys over a num pad
Marc

Offline laffindude

• ( ̽ ¬ ˳¬)
^^You're Taiwanese?

Offline Soarer

• * Elevated Elder
Quote from: Human;566709

Well, me, for one!

The key layout is perfect. Even if they don't get the controller / layers exactly right, it's so much easier to swap in a different controller than start from scratch.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
Quote from: laffindude;566970
^^You're Taiwanese?

My taiwanese nationalism sense is tingling.  Since he was describing Taiwan as a "country"..... I'm not gonna say it's not,,, but lets just say if it were,, then it might as well be little Fuzhou, because i have 29 cousins living there from the branch of my family that fled the cultural revolution.

Offline Human

Quote from: mkeeley;566969

Once you get used to the arrow keys on numpad when num-lock off, trust me you won't want to go back to the cramped up arrow keys at bottom rows....
The one on numpad isn't as cramped up and also it is having same rows as to the famous WASD.

In this case, they make it that the arrow keys been placed as if real arrow keys, which is what may suit your taste(but not mine...).

Offline herseil

Whoa, that's the kind of layout I've been wishing for all these time :becky:

Will keep eye on it one for sure

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Great, now when and where can I buy it? Google translate makes no sense of the forum linked... who is it being made by? Looks like Noppoo.

Offline Human

Quote from: lysol;567619
Great, now when and where can I buy it? Google translate makes no sense of the forum linked... who is it being made by? Looks like Noppoo.
That board is designed and probably going to be made by PLUM(which also made Noppoo and Neo Zelia87 IIRC).
Probably need another few months till it being launced in taobao.
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 April 2012, 10:21:44 by Human »

Offline Typhaeon

PCB or plate-mounted?

Offline Human

Quote from: Typhaeon;567707
PCB or plate-mounted?

Not sure, not much information for the time being. But it will be having predrilled holes and circuit for LED mounting like Neo Zelia did, so the chances for PCB mounted is probably higher...
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 April 2012, 11:04:54 by Human »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
Quote from: Typhaeon;567707
PCB or plate-mounted?

How is the switch attached to the plate if it's plate mounted,, is it a clip>>

Offline ahjota

Looks awesome. I think it's a great idea.

Of course, now I want a left-handed version of this...
Model M 1391401, 27 Feb 1987
DSI Left-Handed, Cherry Blacks
Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless, Cherry Browns

Offline 1391401

• MX CLEAR
Quote from: mkeeley;566969
I might be wrong but if I am interpreting the image below correctly you can probably toggle the number pad on/off and when the number pad is "off" the four keys with the arrows act as cursor keys

http://i.imgur.com/HfDSG.jpg
People I've given money to from this webform who never respond to me and have not shipped me anything: ctrlalt.io 1 2, Team Readline Reputable alternatives to GH group buys: http://pimpmykeyboard.com, https://www.massdrop.com,

Offline Human

Quote from: 1391401;568418
I might be wrong but if I am interpreting the image below correctly you can probably toggle the number pad on/off and when the number pad is "off" the four keys with the arrows act as cursor keys

http://i.imgur.com/HfDSG.jpg

Of course it is, but my whine is that why don't they follow the default layout on numpad(2468 for cursors and 7193 for home, end, pgup and pgdn). It will work much better than the pseudo cursor keys simulation(the extra keys around will be a hinder to use the cursor keys in normal way)...

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
looks like reaper's HHMX
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
^ Or 7bit layout. =P

Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
Isn't this that layout that WASD was suggesting?
Russ

Offline Findecanor

Layout suggested to WASD Keyboards, I think it was.  It is already on the Roccat Arvo, which is not a mechanical keyboard. The layout has been discussed every now and then since I registered here.

Offline Nadger

looks awesome, that keyboard would get me to loosen my death grip on my wallet for a 2nd mechanical.

very similar to the ideal layout i posted months ago

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 47634[/ATTACH]
● Logitech ♦ G600
● Noppoo ♦ Choc Mini 茶轴
● Plum ♦ 96 White / Red Switch
● Microsoft ♦ Xbox 360 Windows Controller

Offline nar

Oh, the arrow keys on the numpad are laid out in the Reversed T shape? I always thought they were the standard layout on numpads...
This layout just instantly went from unusable for me to must buy.
Keyboards: Topre HE0100 | REALFORCE 103UB & 104UB-DK | FILCO Majestouch 2 Ai Cherry MX Blue | CHERRY G84-4101SPAUS

Offline Human

Quote from: nar;569575
Oh, the arrow keys on the numpad are laid out in the Reversed T shape? I always thought they were the standard layout on numpads...

I still prefer the default "+" shaped cursor keys. The reversed T mapped on "0", "00", "." and "2" may not be a good choice as your finger tend to touch "1" and "3" when you use it...

Offline reaper

• ** Moderator Emeritus
Quote from: nar;569575

Mine doesn't have reversed T arrows.

Att fly är livet, att dröja, döden.
Din Eli

Offline nar

I guess it's dependent on the specific keyboard whether or not the arrows are the standard shape or not.
Since I'm used to using the compact style keyboards where the arrow keys are surrounded by keys anyways, the 1 and 3 don't bother me.
Keyboards: Topre HE0100 | REALFORCE 103UB & 104UB-DK | FILCO Majestouch 2 Ai Cherry MX Blue | CHERRY G84-4101SPAUS

Offline Human

Quote from: nar;570405
I guess it's dependent on the specific keyboard whether or not the arrows are the standard shape or not.
Since I'm used to using the compact style keyboards where the arrow keys are surrounded by keys anyways, the 1 and 3 don't bother me.

Trust me, it would be very different between flat profile and DCS profile. On flat profile such as Scissor switch on my laptop, it is fine. But when you tried on the numpad(pressing 0,2 and del as if they are cursors) of a fullsize mechanical keyboard, you will feel the problem...

Offline Human

Some Q&A of the keyboard answered(by the manufacturer of the board himself):
http://www.waishehome.cn/redirect.php?goto=findpost&ptid=47762&pid=812604&fromuid=73652
1. ETA is b4 Q3 of 2012(mean the most 2 more months)
2. It is PCB mounted(like Neo Zelia 87)
3. It is having predrilled holes and circuit for LED mounting(like Neo Zelia 87).

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Good stuff, PCB mount FTW.

Offline Typhaeon

Wow, this'll do nicely for my ergo clear mod if new Pokers aren't manufactured before then.

Offline Daniel Beaver

I will buy this the moment it is available. The tenkeyonly layout is highly superior (one of the best features of the Model F AT, IMHO).

Home: Topre Realforce 87W45  /  Mionix Naos 3200
Work: Topre Realforce 87B  /  Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0

Offline Soarer

• * Elevated Elder
Excellent - I like PCB mounted MX, and they're easy to mod to boot :-)

Now, how about ISO?

*ducks*

Offline hemflit

Neat. Not for me, but very neat.

Offline Nadger

Any update on this thing?  When is it available?
● Logitech ♦ G600
● Noppoo ♦ Choc Mini 茶轴
● Plum ♦ 96 White / Red Switch
● Microsoft ♦ Xbox 360 Windows Controller

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
this is the aikb non-ergo board i believe. imsto sells the pcbs on his taobao store.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline Loligagger

Any news on this board? When can I give them my money for a layout this good?

Offline Daniel Beaver

My wallet is open wide, if only they would take it.

[video=youtube_share;8QfSzgV1q5g]http://youtu.be/8QfSzgV1q5g[/video]

Home: Topre Realforce 87W45  /  Mionix Naos 3200
Work: Topre Realforce 87B  /  Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer 3.0

Offline Soarer

• * Elevated Elder
Quote from: mkawa;615227
this is the aikb non-ergo board i believe. imsto sells the pcbs on his taobao store.

That looks more like a TKL with a couple of extra switches :-/

Quote from: Human;571448
1. ETA is b4 Q3 of 2012(mean the most 2 more months)

To get it out before Q3 they will have to hurry!

Offline ferociousfingerings

Anyone heard anything more about this board/layout/style/etc?

This thread looks like it started late, due to the fact that there's a much older thread showing a wireless version made by PLUM. (MX 96?)

Highly desirable layout, IMO. Hybrid "home/arrow/tenkey" cluster, without changing the layout of either.

The only reason i ever use the numpad is for more quickly/comfortably entering numbers, and for hitting the enter key with my right thumb. I never use the tenkey arrows for anything, nor do i ever use the "home" layer of the tenkey. I do, however, use the "home cluster" and "arrow keys" in combination with ctrl and shift.

Everything in the same place, but more space for mouse.

Awesome.
Logitech G710+

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
I designed a layout very very simular to that first board a while back for wasd. Its interesting how they implemented it.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
It was released and is available to purchase from China for about $80. Which reminds me, I need to buy one of these now that the white pbt version is out.

Offline TheProfosist

• Custom Layouts Only!
It was released and is available to purchase from China for about $80. Which reminds me, I need to buy one of these now that the white pbt version is out.
mind doing a good review when you get it? I always like to own keyboards that match layouts ive comeup with.

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Whenever I manage to get one... but I already nearly forgot it existed until this thread was bumped back up.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
I love the layout but I seriously dislike MX blacks.  What ever will I do?!  Phantom maybe?
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline ferociousfingerings

I designed a layout very very simular to that first board a while back for wasd. Its interesting how they implemented it.

Wait... what?

Got any links to where i can view or research this implementation?

Or is this a "yet to be released / as yet unreleased / might not be released" model?
Logitech G710+

Offline G.C.W.

• Formerly t!ng
have Seen this layout long Time agor by Filco on taobao...