Author Topic: Things you regret selling  (Read 9345 times)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Things you regret selling
« on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 19:10:38 »
All about reflecting on things you never should have sold for cash, keyboard related or not.

I regret selling my P1 Clack. now I have a purple set and no purple clack to match. Regrets, and even worse it was for less than $100 cause the Clack market was actually reasonable back in 2013

Also all my SNES games of which I had nearly every RPG released for the system amongst other now sought after games like Sunset Riders and all 3 Mega Man X games. Sold them all to buy a Dreamcast.

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
Re: Things you regret selling
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 19:11:53 »
meth

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 19:14:23 »
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 19:20:43 »
meth
And I regret buying it

I heard there is such a high demand for ritalin and other meth type adhd medications that people go see the psychiatrist, get the prescription (covered by insurance),  then sell the pills..

These are OLD people doing this on medicaid, hahahahaha..

Scary world.

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 21:42:07 »
1968 Fender Jazz Precision Bass. I pawned it in Austin circa 2001 for cash to get my gf and I plane tickets to FL for a family reunion.
-Dana

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 21:43:58 »
all my childhood video games...

PS1/2, gameboy/gba, gamecube, n64.....

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 21:48:56 »
dragon hook on dota 2 for 1 key  :'(
∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline MandrewDavis

• Chasin' That Neon Rainbow
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 21:56:21 »
My mom made me get rid of all my Yu-Gi-Oh cards in 2nd grade because they were too 'demonic'  :(
I've come to view humanity as predominantly monkey business.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 21:59:05 »
Probably all the clacks and bro v2s, keyboard related.  Otherwise, can't really think of much.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 22:01:59 »
I regret trading for all the clacks that ended up lost in the mail. I think it's somewhere around 8 clacks if we are counting WASD as 4 :(

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 22:30:14 »
all my childhood video games...

PS1/2, gameboy/gba, gamecube, n64.....

For sure, my Super Nintendo and games..

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 31 January 2017, 22:37:51 »
I don't really regret selling anything but maybe regret selling some things too soon......because you know now they're worth like 5x as much :eek: :P :spam:

Offline pattulus

• RocketINK
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 01:16:49 »
Just sold my Planck because I need cash. Dark day.

I also fall into the rows of my fellow Geekhackers: I sometimes think that itnwould be really cool if I never would have sold my NES/GB/8SNES/N64/GC/WII.

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 02:48:31 »
My GBA Pokémon games.

Some Pop! Figures too but that was more about selling too soon

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 03:17:05 »
I regret trading for all the clacks that ended up lost in the mail. I think it's somewhere around 8 clacks if we are counting WASD as 4 :(

wow dude that was rough.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 04:14:02 »
I'm surprised no one said  --my Body--  yet.. hahahahhaahhaha

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 05:18:18 »

wow dude that was rough.
This was back when the resale on the average Clack would only be around $60 or $70 for a basic single colour skull or whatever and you could actually find some people selling them for $50. There was a time when I told myself I won't pay more than $60-$70 for a Clack. Those days are long gone. But it still stings.

Offline E3E

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 05:24:19 »
Nothing so far, but I'd probably regret selling any of my rare Alps stuff and especially the DocuTechs.

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 05:25:33 »
totally regret selling my KMAC 2, desperate times called for desperate measures when we were renovating our new house, Atleast now, i have a  sick bathtub :)

Offline Belfong

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 05:44:16 »
Can't be all you guys ever sold was keyboards and keyboards related stuff... unless, these were the ones you regret selling... For myself, I regret selling off my only mechanical watch, back one time when I really needed cash for an emergency .. and now all I'm wearing is some cheapo Pebble. I can't afford a mech watch!

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 07:35:11 »
Having thought about this more, about 15 years ago I had major car engine problems and had to sell all my high end audio gear to pay to get it fixed.

Although looking back it was definitely a knee jerk reaction.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 07:54:26 »
Mega Man 1-6 on NES
MTG Cards
Mischief Plum Pink Mummy

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 09:12:53 »
hands down my kishsaver.  i had to do it, but wish i could go back and change it all.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 14:01:16 »

More

Thankfully it'll be easy to obtain again, but one of the dumbest decisions I've made.

Offline E3E

« Reply #24 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 14:06:08 »
Can't be all you guys ever sold was keyboards and keyboards related stuff... unless, these were the ones you regret selling... For myself, I regret selling off my only mechanical watch, back one time when I really needed cash for an emergency .. and now all I'm wearing is some cheapo Pebble. I can't afford a mech watch!

Hmm. I used to have a diecast 1:18 scale model car collection that I sold almost all of to support one thing or another. Part of it was to buy some Mortal Kombat prototype figures, like the only set of its kind ever produced, and that cost me $1500 back in 2008. 

I kind of regret selling my unopened Nintendo Club Super NES Wii Classic Controller, but I have another opened one.

That's about it for now!

I still don't regret buying these.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #25 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 14:13:52 »

Hmm. I used to have a diecast 1:18 scale model car collection that I sold almost all of to support one thing or another. Part of it was to buy some Mortal Kombat prototype figures, like the only set of its kind ever produced, and that cost me $1500 back in 2008. 

I kind of regret selling my unopened Nintendo Club Super NES Wii Classic Controller, but I have another opened one.

That's about it for now!

Show Image

Show Image

You bought that?! I remember that set! I was getting into figures/toys around 2008 and the first things I bought were MMPR Megazords and the NECA TMNTs. I had a boxed set from NYCC of the NECA TMNT figures with all of the accessories--signed by Eastman and Laird.
I sold it last year. Until then, I vowed it would be my grail piece until I died. It hurt when I ended up selling it, but, oddly, it doesn't even phase me anymore.
I still have all of my Megazords, though.

Pic related is also something I regret selling. I sold it around the time I was getting into keyboards, and I never touched it since I already read all the comics. But the first volume was really limited and I was able to get some good money out of it so I thought to myself, "I'll put it toward keyboard stuffs I'll actually use." That was a dumb move.
I had all the super hard-to-find hardcovers of Usagi Yojimbo, and now they're all gone.  :'(

Offline q1w2e3r4t5z

« Reply #26 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 14:32:09 »
Just sold my Planck because I need cash. Dark day.
Also in Berlin here: If you don't mind a missing plate and Gat Greens you can borrow mine if you like to

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 19:22:45 »
also OG Tri. That was dumb to sell for many reasons.

Offline E3E

« Reply #28 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 20:29:05 »

That's about it for now!

Show Image

Show Image

You bought that?! I remember that set! I was getting into figures/toys around 2008 and the first things I bought were MMPR Megazords and the NECA TMNTs. I had a boxed set from NYCC of the NECA TMNT figures with all of the accessories--signed by Eastman and Laird.
I sold it last year. Until then, I vowed it would be my grail piece until I died. It hurt when I ended up selling it, but, oddly, it doesn't even phase me anymore.
I still have all of my Megazords, though.

Pic related is also something I regret selling. I sold it around the time I was getting into keyboards, and I never touched it since I already read all the comics. But the first volume was really limited and I was able to get some good money out of it so I thought to myself, "I'll put it toward keyboard stuffs I'll actually use." That was a dumb move.
I had all the super hard-to-find hardcovers of Usagi Yojimbo, and now they're all gone.  :'(

Show Image

Haha, yep! Well, what happened was, I saw the owner list a Goro statue, and for some reason, I just felt the urge to ask if he had the Reptile figure from the unreleased 2nd series of Infinite Concepts figures. Turns out the guy was actually the creator of the figure line, so he had the actual prototypes that were put on display at several conventions at the turn of the century, haha. So long ago now, but I loved how the figures had that MK II + original comic art style look by John Tobias to them.

I was shocked when they were listed for $1500, because I hadn't paid so much for a single thing in my life at that point, haha. I was selling my stuff like crazy to get the cash for it. He told me he wouldn't sell to anyone else, he just wanted to gauge interest of the prototypes before selling them to me. I feel lucky. He also had some random Series 1 prototypes and a "Series 3" that was just figures from the first series that were "Kombat Damaged," but the damage was pretty minor and not all that interesting. I would've bought them all but I couldn't afford it. I think the Series 2 figures were the most expensive though. Definitely the most iconic. 

I also bought the first Goro statue of the shipping lot (the shipping box is marked 1/200 or something, ha), and a sealed set of the Series 1 production figures. Those Series 1 figures are price crazy high these days. It cost me $100 for them back then.   

Er... Anyway!

Yeah, I find that selling something and replacing it with something of equal sentimental value or importance usually lightens the blow, or if you've moved on from being attached, haha. A lot of the rare Alps keyboards I don't want to sell... the reason I'd rather not sell them is because of how long it took me to find them and for a lot of them, the good prices I got them for. I know I could never get a Xerox DocuTech for like $25 a piece now. 

Ouch, selling those hardcovers sounds rough. Hopefully you bought something that's as near and dear as those were to you. That's exactly how I feel when it comes to my reasoning for not wanting to sell some things, even if the prices are high for them. It would just be so hard to replace them if I ever wanted them back. If I sold the prototypes, obviously, I'd never get them back. Haha.
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 February 2017, 20:36:38 by E3E »

Offline RELLIK

• WTB Bro Power Core WASD Set...Still...
« Reply #29 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 21:00:46 »
I've recently REALLY regret getting rid of a Helly Hansen headband (nice thick blend, THICK strands and wide, green/balck/orange color way and a beak). I had it never used it much, then this winter it would have been PERFECT. EVERYWHERE I went aint have **** for headbands :/

KUL-87        FC660M       Filco MJ2

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #30 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 21:15:00 »
I didn't sell but I traded my first artisan which was a metaligator. I could probably get another one but I want THAT ONE BACK!

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 21:16:32 »
1968 Fender Jazz Precision Bass. I pawned it in Austin circa 2001 for cash to get my gf and I plane tickets to FL for a family reunion.

OUCH. I would kill for one of those. I have an Orange AD30tcc that I am wanting to sell but I am too afraid of regretting it.

Offline rmendis

• Artisan addict
« Reply #32 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 21:44:09 »

Show Image

That's an awesome series!

Offline pattulus

• RocketINK
« Reply #33 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 07:18:07 »
Before moving together with my girlfriend I had to part with a lot of stuff. I went from 114 qm alone, to 62qm for two.

So, I sold my most beloved audio gear in 2008. I consider all of these classics and they are dearly missed:

- Telefunken M15A (= mastering beast)
- UREI 1178 Vintage Stereo Compressor (no LN1177, but still a great machine)
- Roland V-Synth XT (the first full-blown synth via touch input)
- Access Virus Ti (great to emulate all kinds of sounds)
- Mackie Control Universal Pro with 2 Extensions
- Neutrik Patchbay (Neutrik = best)
- Doepfer LMK2+ 88-Key Midi Keyboard Controller (keys that feel like a real piano)
- Doepfer Pocket Dial (awwww)
- 2 Technics SL-1210MK2

I also sold a bunch of other gear, but those above were my favorites.

Offline pattulus

• RocketINK
« Reply #34 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 07:29:38 »
Also in Berlin here: If you don't mind a missing plate and Gat Greens you can borrow mine if you like to

No worries, I still have my Ergodox and if I have enough cash to buy a laptop, I figured I also will have enough to afford another Planck.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #35 on: Wed, 22 February 2017, 13:51:18 »
Was going to play this the other day but forgot I sold it. :(

And mine wasn't even that damaged from Amazon.

Offline noobas4urus

• Mod Munky of another realm
    • The Mod Zoo
« Reply #36 on: Wed, 22 February 2017, 14:19:06 »
MTG Cards

Big time...

I never had power or anything like that, but I had full non-U dual land sets, fetches, and lots of tarmogoyfs that I picked up when they were $5 a pop.  It's not the investment value I regret having sold, but rather the library of cards to build from if I ever wanted to play again.
"You miss 100% of the raffles you don't enter."
-Wayne Gretzky

Offline FLOCKA

• New name: ghostdeini
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 22 February 2017, 14:50:25 »
I regret selling my green 1992 Subaru Loyale:

Not my picture, but you get the idea. It was my very first car, manual transmission and woefully underpowered... but I did so much dumb, teenage stuff in it. At the time I sold it, I was just so excited to be upgrading to a newer car, but I often find myself wondering what ever happened to that little car.

Offline Blackehart

• Booty Aficionado Extraordinaire
« Reply #38 on: Wed, 22 February 2017, 15:51:02 »
Before moving together with my girlfriend I had to part with a lot of stuff. I went from 114 qm alone, to 62qm for two.

So, I sold my most beloved audio gear in 2008. I consider all of these classics and they are dearly missed:

- Telefunken M15A (= mastering beast)
- UREI 1178 Vintage Stereo Compressor (no LN1177, but still a great machine)
- Roland V-Synth XT (the first full-blown synth via touch input)
- Access Virus Ti (great to emulate all kinds of sounds)
- Mackie Control Universal Pro with 2 Extensions
- Neutrik Patchbay (Neutrik = best)
- Doepfer LMK2+ 88-Key Midi Keyboard Controller (keys that feel like a real piano)
- Doepfer Pocket Dial (awwww)
- 2 Technics SL-1210MK2

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I also sold a bunch of other gear, but those above were my favorites.

Electronics, schmelectronics...

How bout that awesome Bender and Fry Wall art?!

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #39 on: Wed, 22 February 2017, 15:52:21 »
My mom made me get rid of all my Yu-Gi-Oh cards in 2nd grade because they were too 'demonic'  :(

Same! Except it was Pokemon. I even had to SMASH my Pokemon Red game!

Offline swangful

« Reply #40 on: Wed, 22 February 2017, 16:00:05 »

RIP. I traded my DC for a dreaded greevil so I know the pain, although yours is much deeper.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #41 on: Wed, 22 February 2017, 16:05:26 »

Jesus, that is a brutal mom. "Smash the things you love! Smash them and do it in front of me! Yessss excellent."

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #42 on: Wed, 22 February 2017, 18:06:41 »
I want my miniLA back. I really liked that board. I wish it had blues, though.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #43 on: Wed, 22 February 2017, 18:56:59 »

RIP. I traded my DC for a dreaded greevil so I know the pain, although yours is much deeper.

LOL swangful, yes, you know how I feel  :)) It was quite disheartening when I saw it shoot up in exclusivity and price!

Ah well! 

ps --- i would include my firelord snapper :P as it has left a huge hole in its wake ~ but makes me feel better that it found a happy home  ;)
∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline swangful

« Reply #44 on: Wed, 22 February 2017, 19:20:22 »

LOL swangful, yes, you know how I feel  :)) It was quite disheartening when I saw it shoot up in exclusivity and price!

Ah well! 

ps --- i would include my firelord snapper :P as it has left a huge hole in its wake ~ but makes me feel better that it found a happy home  ;)

haha yeah.........the good ol days of dota 2 trading. 2 rares for 1 rare. Good times.
Your snapper is in good hands. I pet it daily :P

Offline sinkingstepz

« Reply #45 on: Wed, 22 February 2017, 19:46:22 »
my first edition foil Charizard

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
    • csmertx
« Reply #46 on: Wed, 22 February 2017, 21:49:32 »
M2G cards. I populated quite a few decks from cards found at the local bookstore. I regret selling my vinyl albums too  :'(
Chris Schammert

Offline Sniping

« Reply #47 on: Wed, 22 February 2017, 23:02:34 »
All about reflecting on things you never should have sold for cash, keyboard related or not.

I regret selling my P1 Clack. now I have a purple set and no purple clack to match. Regrets, and even worse it was for less than $100 cause the Clack market was actually reasonable back in 2013

Also all my SNES games of which I had nearly every RPG released for the system amongst other now sought after games like Sunset Riders and all 3 Mega Man X games. Sold them all to buy a Dreamcast.

People were still crying about clack prices in 2013, but they just didn't realize it could get any worse.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #48 on: Thu, 23 February 2017, 16:16:14 »
Xmen 94-137.  Got a pretty penny for them... but still.

Don't regret selling my MTG cards though... back in the day before 1st edition was declared non-tournament legal.  Major bank!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #49 on: Thu, 23 February 2017, 16:38:43 »

That must be a traumatic experience..

Am glad you guys didn't turn into drug addicts to cope with the mental abuse..

Although I suppose there's still alot of time for such malady to play out..

But still,    Don't Do Drugs..  Drugs are bad..