Author Topic: Anyone pick up weird habits ?  (Read 2886 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Anyone pick up weird habits ?
« on: Sat, 16 January 2021, 17:02:06 »
Tp4 has started sleeping with a hat full time.  Can't sleep without a hat, even during summer.

Sometimes Tp4 just walks by the bathroom and combs his hair, again, no outside, no reason.

This the beginning of the end ?

What y'all been up to?

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
Re: Anyone pick up weird habits ?
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 16 January 2021, 19:28:50 »
Tp4 has started sleeping with a hat full time.  Can't sleep without a hat, even during summer.

Sometimes Tp4 just walks by the bathroom and combs his hair, again, no outside, no reason.

This the beginning of the end ?

What y'all been up to?

I can't sleep without socks on.  Slept in socks for 30 years at least.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 16 January 2021, 19:39:39 »
Recently I've been turning into a weird lizard

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 16 January 2021, 20:34:15 »
I have been sleeping later in the mornings.

Then "wasting" another 20 minutes meditating, regularly, again, for the first time in years.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline atarione

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 16 January 2021, 21:27:50 »
I like to get up around 10~11AM and wallow in sadness until it is time to drink....   (i'm joking... I work until it is time to drink)

Offline whezil

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 17 January 2021, 06:02:44 »
I cannot sleep unless I have checked my emails. It's the worst. I check them 5-6 times in the hours approaching bedtime. I am trying to stop this but I lay awake sometimes for up to two hours before giving into the urge to check them...

Offline yui

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 18 January 2021, 02:42:00 »
i can't go more than one hour without a mask, else my nose start to run and i start to have difficulties breathing, even when alone at home...
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 18 January 2021, 07:16:25 »
i can't go more than one hour without a mask, else my nose start to run and i start to have difficulties breathing, even when alone at home...

/headscratch   what ?

Offline Shapey Fiend

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 18 January 2021, 18:36:35 »
I'm quite bored in the evenings lately except after 12AM when I can somehow think of plenty of things keep me amused till 3AM. Need to knock this habit on the head. Works been quiet so I can kind of get away with it.

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 18 January 2021, 18:43:25 »
I have clawed back my bedtime from 4am to between 1 and 2. It's doing wonders for me. However I have been waking up everyday with a pain near my elbow. I think it's unrelated to bedtime. I think it's related to me starting bouldering a while ago.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 18 January 2021, 20:40:28 »
I have clawed back my bedtime from 4am to between 1 and 2. It's doing wonders for me. However I have been waking up everyday with a pain near my elbow. I think it's unrelated to bedtime. I think it's related to me starting bouldering a while ago.

It's due to eating animal protein which is highly inflammatory.  Whole food plant based will take care of that easy.

Alex Honnold, one of the greatest free climbers of all time is plant based.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 18 January 2021, 20:56:25 »
When last year began, I already had weird habits... or lack of them in some cases.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 18 January 2021, 21:25:51 »
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Sniping

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 18 January 2021, 22:14:23 »
i've been going through two drinks a week at home. normally i never drink on a schedule and only when i go out but now that i'm home so much i've been having a drink every friday and monday.

Offline funkmon

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 18 January 2021, 23:30:36 »
When I was homeless for a while, I never ate any cooked food, nor any cold food. It was all just whatever temperature it was. As an adult with money and a home, I continue this. I'm used to it now, so I don't really feel a huge need to keep things in the refrigerator or spend a lot of time cooking something that can be eaten as is.

Offline yui

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 19 January 2021, 00:48:33 »

/headscratch   what ?

from what i guess it is either allergies, as wearing a mask for a full year cut me from allergens and so may have made me more sensitive to them or pure it's in my head man, either way i use a hell of a lot of masks.
the plus side though is that masks do keep you warmer in the winter.

Offline NoteMakoti

• for sale, baby shoes, never worn
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 19 January 2021, 00:51:28 »
I use my left hand.

Offline Sniping

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 19 January 2021, 01:50:57 »

/headscratch   what ?

from what i guess it is either allergies, as wearing a mask for a full year cut me from allergens and so may have made me more sensitive to them or pure it's in my head man, either way i use a hell of a lot of masks.

you try using an air purifier at home? i'm convinced they're not bad for the money since they also help circulate the air which can get pretty dead if you sit in your room all day like me.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 19 January 2021, 01:59:34 »

/headscratch   what ?

you try using an air purifier at home? i'm convinced they're not bad for the money since they also help circulate the air which can get pretty dead if you sit in your room all day like me.

True. Even a crappy air purifier will improve your breathing if you are spending extended amounts in one room. It's the way of the future. Your bedroom, your workspace, your entertainment center will all be slowly distilled into one chamber that by necessity must have a way to clean the air. Ya know, if you aren't already living that way. 

Offline yui

« Reply #19 on: Tue, 19 January 2021, 02:33:38 »

/headscratch   what ?

True. Even a crappy air purifier will improve your breathing if you are spending extended amounts in one room. It's the way of the future. Your bedroom, your workspace, your entertainment center will all be slowly distilled into one chamber that by necessity must have a way to clean the air. Ya know, if you aren't already living that way. 

i have put the exercise equipment (for me and the cats) in one room, bed in the room the furthest away and the food is on an other level entirely as is the soldering and computer stuff, and 4 kittens will make you move anyhow, so i do move in the house :) i do really think it is in my head though, as i usually start having allergies in late spring-early summer and stops in the winter...

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 19 January 2021, 03:46:34 »

It's due to eating animal protein which is highly inflammatory.  Whole food plant based will take care of that easy.

Alex Honnold, one of the greatest free climbers of all time is plant based.

Haha it's been ages since I've been in off topic but I'm glad to see you're still pushing for a plant-based diet. I've been vegan for years though so it's not that.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 19 January 2021, 07:19:41 »
Haha it's been ages since I've been in off topic but I'm glad to see you're still pushing for a plant-based diet. I've been vegan for years though so it's not that.

Tp4 has recently been making Curry,  it boils off alot of water doubling Tp4's total Veggie stack.

Gibs a try.

The spices also have dramatic anti-inflammatory effects.   Also Double chk ur Vit D and B12.

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 19 January 2021, 07:45:37 »

pain near my elbow

animal protein

"tennis" elbow

This didn't occur to me, but, I looked it up to check symptoms and it seems like I might actually have 'golfer's elbow'. Which is like tennis elbow but on the inside of the elbow. Never heard of it before but seems like that's it.