Author Topic: Junk food all day  (Read 2556 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Junk food all day
« on: Sun, 22 November 2015, 22:55:32 »
Wouldn't it be ok,   as long as you ate the same amount of calories as a normal meal via (bread/pasta)

So instead of 1000 calories of bread,   Tp4 eats 1000 calories of Cheetos, <assuming Tp4 can stop eating cheetos @ 1000 calories>

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
Re: Junk food all day
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 22 November 2015, 23:02:29 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 16:56:24 by alienman82 »

Offline alexjd99

• oozing through the cells of one's own construction
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 22 November 2015, 23:02:41 »
I'm sure there would be some nutritional issues, but you wouldn't get morbidly obese or anything. (This is just speculation, I'm sure someone who actually knows what they're talking about can give you a real answer)

Offline alexjd99

• oozing through the cells of one's own construction
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 22 November 2015, 23:02:58 »
Wouldn't it be ok,   as long as you ate the same amount of calories as a normal meal via (bread/pasta)

So instead of 1000 calories of bread,   Tp4 eats 1000 calories of Cheetos, <assuming Tp4 can stop eating cheetos @ 1000 calories>

cheetos and keyboards don't mix ask ripster

But chopstick master race!

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 22 November 2015, 23:35:13 »
You would be lacking in some nutrients but you wouldn't really gain weight. The easiest way of losing weight is to not go on a diet or anything but to eat in the correct proportions. The movie Super Size Me is such a pointless movie. The guy stuffs his face with McDonald's for 30 days straight and everybody is freaking out that he gained weight, obviously he would. There was actually a teacher, John Cisna who ate McDonald's for three months straight and lost 30+ lbs because he ate in the correct proportions.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline faycheung

• Noob
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 00:06:46 »

I'm eating a bag of Doritos with a pair of metal chopsticks reading this.

There was actually a teacher, John Cisna who ate McDonald's for three months straight and lost 30+ lbs because he ate in the correct proportions.

When I was a kid, there used to be a period of 2 months were I ate nothing but McDonalds, and I indeed lost some weight.

I think it differs per person as well, the way your body metabolises to specific types of food. It would be best to seek a nutritionist.

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 00:58:23 »
You would be lacking in some nutrients but you wouldn't really gain weight. The easiest way of losing weight is to not go on a diet or anything but to eat in the correct proportions. The movie Super Size Me is such a pointless movie. The guy stuffs his face with McDonald's for 30 days straight and everybody is freaking out that he gained weight, obviously he would. There was actually a teacher, John Cisna who ate McDonald's for three months straight and lost 30+ lbs because he ate in the correct proportions.

+1
And don't forget balance nutrient, meal time also contributes to your health life
Breakfast really is the main point for me to get through the day, I tried no breakfast at all to a cup of espresso and now I have healthy breakfast like Muesli or Grain Cereals in the morning with my coffee
it really makes the difference

Yes you can eat Cheetos for the calories, but the amount of salts you get would really impact your performance and "performance" #giggles
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 01:22:42 »
As others have said, the issue is more that you would not get enough of your required nutrients, than anything else. Calories are only a measure of the energy in the food, not of its nutritional value.

Your body is much more capable of adapting to changes in energy input than it is to dealing with an excess (which would require excretion and may have toxic effects) or a deficit (usually with detrimental effects) of a vital nutrient or nutrients.

One of the major benefits of a balanced diet is different foods have different nutrients in different proportions, so things tend to balance out in the course of getting the calories we need for the day. If one eats a particular food exclusively, one would not be able to balance out the nutritional effects of that particular food. Assuming your food of choice provided all the essential nutrients in some quantity, in order to ensure you were getting enough of all the nutrients your body needs to function, you would need to eat much more than the 1000 calories you propose, leading to surplus of some essential nutrients, and an excessive intake of calories. The body would then be subject to the toxic effects from an excess of some micronutrients, and would store the majority of the excessive calories as fat.

It might be possible to keep yourself to a low number of total calories and avoid nutrient deficiency by taking supplements, although I don't know enough about that area of human nutrition to know how safe or effective that would be.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 03:33:46 »

cheetos and keyboards don't mix ask ripster

+1 :D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 03:36:19 »
well, you'd still eat some veggies ,   

1000 calories would just replace the main bread..

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 03:57:41 »
Chocolate is made from cocoa beans, and beans are vegetables, so eating chocolate is just like eating veggies.

Right?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 04:18:01 »
i ate cheetos yesterday. they were called futebolas!

Offline jaffers

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 06:03:56 »
I've heard of Cheetos but I've never seen them in Aus, do dorritos taste similar?

I also think that your metabolism plays a huge part. I eat around 3-4 thousand calories a day and I am still defined and don't go to gym. Mind you I also ride a bike as my main mode of transport

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 07:02:41 »
eat cheetos, take multivitamin
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline Spopepro

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 09:44:01 »
Calories are calories was (and I suppose continues to be) the prevailing thought. Turns out your body isn't a bomb calorimeter, and how much energy is released in burning something isn't the same as the energy processed, used, and stored by a body.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/oby.21371/abstract;jsessionid=2DF2C14516FC2ECD3C6D68146002FDF6.f01t01

The tl;dr is a pediatrician and researcher took obese kids, replaced the simple sugar with starches at a 1-1 caloric ratio, and the kids all had health improvements. So it's not just a matter of counting calories (or joules)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 18:00:22 »
Calories are calories was (and I suppose continues to be) the prevailing thought. Turns out your body isn't a bomb calorimeter, and how much energy is released in burning something isn't the same as the energy processed, used, and stored by a body.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/oby.21371/abstract;jsessionid=2DF2C14516FC2ECD3C6D68146002FDF6.f01t01

The tl;dr is a pediatrician and researcher took obese kids, replaced the simple sugar with starches at a 1-1 caloric ratio, and the kids all had health improvements. So it's not just a matter of counting calories (or joules)

Hrrm........

Replace simple sugar with starches..

Well..  ok..  so but, cheetos is simple starches..