Author Topic: Found my endgame keyboard.  (Read 2319 times)

Offline kolektador

Found my endgame keyboard.
« on: Wed, 14 June 2023, 04:19:47 »

This is the Lenovo KB1021, also known as the Lenovo SK8825 or the Lenovo KU0025.

This particular one is a Lenovo KB1021 that was manufactured in 2014-08-29 with REV number V01.

The keys on this keyboard is very snappy and the tactility of the keys is perfect! It is like stepping on a crunchy dry leaf but the crunch is like happening inside a cloud. It is euphoric.

I am happy to say that I have finally found my endgame keybaord, and it is not a mechanical keyboard  :)
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 June 2023, 04:38:38 by kolektador »
The true endgame keyboard is not a perfect keyboard but a keyboard that makes you feel satisfied and at peace while using it  :)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Found my endgame keyboard.
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 14 June 2023, 08:15:20 »
What a beauty! You are a lucky guy.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline losing_ctrl

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 14 June 2023, 09:33:41 »
Ah yes, I have some experience with that keyboard. I brought it to work for a time for its comfortable layout (built in wrist rest + pencil holder!) and quiet operation. Sometimes you just want to have that classic layout. I also appreciated the blue enter key. It was an understated alternative to my usual Topre or Leopolds.

Offline jcoffin1981

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 14 June 2023, 21:55:23 »
No such thing as endgame, lol.  Even if you find the literal perfect board you will still want to use something at some point.  Kind of like building model cars.  Even if you find the perfect one you will still want to build more because it is your hobby.
KPB V60 Gateron Browns and Leopold Keycaps.  Poker 3 with Gateron Browns and Poker keycaps.  Poker 3 with Cherry MX Browns, ABS keycaps and white LED's.

Leopold FC660M- my new favorite, right out of the box.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 16 June 2023, 02:37:49 »
Interesting. I'm looking for a standard lenovo keyboard that would feeling similar to those laptop keyboards, tactility wise.
Is it hard to find this particular model? Did you get it on ebay?
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline kolektador

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 16 June 2023, 04:30:04 »
Interesting. I'm looking for a standard lenovo keyboard that would feeling similar to those laptop keyboards, tactility wise.
I wouldn't describe it as similar to a laptop keyboard. It has a certain "crunch" to it, and the travel distance of the keys perfectly compliments that crunchy tactility. I've never tried something with this kind of tactility not even brown switches. This is a very easy to find keyboard on the internet just search the model number KB1021 or SK8825 or KU0025. They do not make these brand new anymore but you can easily find a refurbished or pre owned. You might not even have to look far because a lot of companies who are selling their old stuff are just throwing these away or selling them for like $2-$5! I got mine for $2 free shipping from lazada.com which is like an ebay for southeast asian countries.
« Last Edit: Fri, 16 June 2023, 04:34:01 by kolektador »
The true endgame keyboard is not a perfect keyboard but a keyboard that makes you feel satisfied and at peace while using it  :)

Offline phinix

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 16 June 2023, 07:32:41 »
I wouldn't describe it as similar to a laptop keyboard. It has a certain "crunch" to it, and the travel distance of the keys perfectly compliments that crunchy tactility. I've never tried something with this kind of tactility not even brown switches. This is a very easy to find keyboard on the internet just search the model number KB1021 or SK8825 or KU0025. They do not make these brand new anymore but you can easily find a refurbished or pre owned. You might not even have to look far because a lot of companies who are selling their old stuff are just throwing these away or selling them for like $2-$5! I got mine for $2 free shipping from lazada.com which is like an ebay for southeast asian countries.

Cool, sounds good, I'll look around for one, thanks:)
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 16 June 2023, 08:15:23 »
I also used to have this keyboard on my old job. I picked this one from all the keyboards in the locker. Its good for being a membrane rubber dome keyboard. I don't think it comes close to the comforts of a good mechanical keyboard and a Topre board.
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 16 June 2023, 14:17:56 »
for about 10 seconds before new hotness rolls along.

Offline kolektador

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 16 June 2023, 22:27:11 »
for about 10 seconds before new hotness rolls along.

Does it count if I found a "newer" version of the same keyboard? ^-^ Because I did found a newer version with better typing feeling but the same model  ;D

Offline losing_ctrl

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 17 June 2023, 11:00:29 »

At work I've used both the OP's keyboard and a stand-alone Lenovo keyboard that used the chicklet style switches they use on their laptops. I really liked the feel of the external chicklet keyboard, but it was still in the compromised laptop layout, so while it was very compact (good!) its layout was non-standard, so I eventually gave it to someone else. Bottom line, these two keyboards are very different typing experiences.

Offline phinix

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 17 June 2023, 16:51:33 »
Yeah, I would love to have full keyboard with those lenovo chicklet switches.