Author Topic: Looking for a new mouse any advise?  (Read 12782 times)

Offline ykno

• Frustration, Face Meet Keyboard.
Looking for a new mouse any advise?
« on: Mon, 05 September 2016, 10:35:25 »
So my deathadder re-spawn has double click issue only had it month got it used of a friend

i really like the deathadder shape, the high arching back.

just not the price.

im not to bothered about two extra buttons can live without but if i can get them in budget be great.

i want to keep same sort of speed so similar DPI (3500dpi) would be great.

my budget is less than £30 i know thats not alot but im sure there is some mice out there that will work for me in that budget.

o ye plain black in colour if possible as well

so far the list i have of possibilitys are:
Microsoft IntelliMouse (think this a no tho due to a dpi of only 450)
SteelSeries Kinzu
SteelSeries Sensei

Filco TK       Tomoko TK

Offline Marizen

Re: Looking for a new mouse any advise?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 11:18:37 »
I feel your pain. The old deathadder (3.5g and earlier) was my favorite gaming mouse. But ever since they switched to the 2013 model (green lighting and different finish) I have had nothing but bad luck with them. I've owned two 2013 models and two Chroma models and they all developed the same double clicking issue within a couple months of owning them. I refuse to buy another DA until they go through another major overhaul.

Here's some that have a similar shape to the deathadder. Whether or not they fit your price will depend on how much they cost in your country, and also if you are able to find them on sale.

- CM Storm Mizar
- CM Storm Alcor
- Sharkoon Fireglider
- E-3lue Cobra EMS622BKAA-NU
- Steelseries Rival 300

The Kinzu and Sensei are not similar to the deathadder in shape.

Offline ykno

• Frustration, Face Meet Keyboard.
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 19:43:23 »
I feel your pain. The old deathadder (3.5g and earlier) was my favorite gaming mouse. But ever since they switched to the 2013 model (green lighting and different finish) I have had nothing but bad luck with them. I've owned two 2013 models and two Chroma models and they all developed the same double clicking issue within a couple months of owning them. I refuse to buy another DA until they go through another major overhaul.

Here's some that have a similar shape to the deathadder. Whether or not they fit your price will depend on how much they cost in your country, and also if you are able to find them on sale.

- CM Storm Mizar
- CM Storm Alcor
- Sharkoon Fireglider
- Steelseries Rival 300

The Kinzu and Sensei are not similar to the deathadder in shape.

ye i decided to give up go back to the Perixx MX-1800 still best mouse i ever used so i took that back home (used it at work) and im gonna buy myself a mouse for work deciding between the Microsoft IMO 1.1 or the Microsoft WMO 1.1

Filco TK       Tomoko TK

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 22:34:12 »
It may be cliche but I LOVE my Logitech G502

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 06 September 2016, 23:55:36 »
But ever since they switched to the 2013 model (green lighting and different finish) I have had nothing but bad luck with them. I've owned two 2013 models and two Chroma models and they all developed the same double clicking issue within a couple months of owning them. I refuse to buy another DA until they go through another major overhaul.

- CM Storm Mizar
- CM Storm Alcor
- Sharkoon Fireglider
- Steelseries Rival 300

Yep the DA 2013 model was a complete disaster in relation to Quality Control but it was their lightest DA mouse ever released.

Out of the above mice you mentioned, ONLY the CM Storm Alcor is worth the money due to using a 3090 sensor.  The SS Rival 300 is a different shape to the DA series plus it uses an inbuilt 3310 sensor which some hate in relation to performance.

Offline Ashlyn

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 02 October 2016, 15:57:48 »
G502 , EC2-A Will be good

Offline Grona

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 02 October 2016, 22:22:46 »
I have a steelseries rival 300 for a while now, I really enjoy it.  Though I have been thinking of getting an FK2 at some point.

Offline cmd

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 10:33:33 »
EC2-A is what I would recommend. Actually, highly recommend.  :thumb:

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 19:22:54 »
I've had good experiences with pretty much anything Logitech makes. Their latest wired mice is the G502 which I have, and the G900 which is a bit too expensive for me, but I've heard very good things about.
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline drakeonyou

• facebook
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 19:27:53 »
I'd say G502 if you want a heavy mouse and G402 if not. (I am very biased towards Logitech as I am an MX518 advocate)

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 21:48:07 »
Optical!

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 03 October 2016, 22:28:04 »
Same here! Great mouse. I just wish there were more trackball options from logitech.
Biking is fun.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 04 October 2016, 15:46:59 »
G403 or G Pro... can't go wrong with either (choose depending on preferred grip)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 05 October 2016, 15:30:20 »
G403 or G Pro... can't go wrong with either (choose depending on preferred grip)

G403 is definitly the Better shape,  I don't see why anyone who's right handed would go with the GPro..   

If weight is an issue,  Still can't top the G100s.. hahahaha..

That said,   Nothing beats Vertical Gaming Mice..  Ergopwn 9000

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 05 October 2016, 16:34:28 »

Here here.  It just feels so perfect.  Sensor and form factor are optimal for me.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 06 October 2016, 00:28:14 »

Here here.  It just feels so perfect.  Sensor and form factor are optimal for me.

Except it's not a vertical mouse..  bad for your wrists.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 07 November 2016, 21:00:52 »
I got a logitech M570 today. My first trackball mouse. I love it so far.

Offline bucket

« Reply #18 on: Sat, 19 November 2016, 09:31:51 »
I got a logitech M570 today. My first trackball mouse. I love it so far.

I am so tempted to get one for work, but i am not sure if i would be able to get on with it from a work basis, the whole using for thumb thing is the main problem for me, not sure that i could get used to that.

I have two Razer Mamba Tournament editions, the one at work has all of the RGB content turned off, so that it doesn't look stupid! That and the HHKB2 is a great setup at work; then one at home also to the OP, something that might be of use to find another Deathadder, would be a trip onto eBay for a B Grade stockist, there is a place in Germany, but at the moment there name alludes me.

Offline rabits

« Reply #19 on: Sat, 19 November 2016, 09:39:53 »
G502 , EC2-A this model Will be good

Offline menuhin

« Reply #20 on: Sat, 19 November 2016, 11:32:37 »
I just found this eBay item quite popular, a wireless gaming mouse up to 2400DPI:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/281951686446?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&var=580922578959&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Maybe I can day "dirt cheap". (But there are forum members who scavenge vintage keyboards for free or less than that price.)
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #21 on: Sat, 19 November 2016, 13:22:28 »
I just found this eBay item quite popular, a wireless gaming mouse up to 2400DPI:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/281951686446?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&var=580922578959&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Maybe I can day "dirt cheap". (But there are forum members who scavenge vintage keyboards for free or less than that price.)

AA batteries in a mouse?! Be prepared to have your aim all kinds of jacked up if you buy that thing. Unless you're built like the hulk and have tiny hands (that mouse is 4in long..) then go for it. Weird weight positioning aside, you may have issues with the radio at that low of a price.

Offline menuhin

« Reply #22 on: Sat, 19 November 2016, 13:26:01 »

AA batteries in a mouse?! Be prepared to have your aim all kinds of jacked up if you buy that thing. Unless you're built like the hulk and have tiny hands (that mouse is 4in long..) then go for it. Weird weight positioning aside, you may have issues with the radio at that low of a price.

The Lenovo wireless mouse models and those from Elecom are all having AA batteries in it. It works fine for me, just do not need a gaming mouse.
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #23 on: Sat, 19 November 2016, 14:33:01 »

The Lenovo wireless mouse models and those from Elecom are all having AA batteries in it. It works fine for me, just do not need a gaming mouse.

I still have a Logitech wireless mouse but I quit using it when my roomate's mouse interfered with my mousing. So why are you buying that cheapie if you already have decent gear?

Offline YoshiCaps

• yes, oh god no.
« Reply #24 on: Wed, 23 November 2016, 13:20:09 »
I've had good experiences with pretty much anything Logitech makes. Their latest wired mice is the G502 which I have, and the G900 which is a bit too expensive for me, but I've heard very good things about.
I say stick with the g502. when i first got mine I got it when i started hating my g9x (sensor broke) that i had had for 2 years. I went back to logitech and got a g502, love it much better than g9x. wouldn't trade for anything.
hi.

Offline Laughterism

« Reply #25 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 21:42:18 »
I might be a little late to this topic, but I've got a Zowie FK1 with Hyperglide mouse skates and a Zowie EC2-A (2016 Huano Edition) with Hyperglide mouse skates. I have never used better mice in my life, although I've heard a lot of good things about the Logitech G403.

The FK1 has Omeron switches and a 30ms response time with a 24 notch scroll wheel while the EC2-A has Huano switches which I find nicer than the Omerons. The EC2-A's Huano switches have a 10ms response time and a 16 notch scroll wheel. The FK1 has an Avago 3090 sensor and the EC2-A has an Avago 3310 sensor which has been said to have issues with "spinning out" but I find it quite precise. I am able to accurately 180 degree snap in shooting games with both mice, although I find the EC2-A a little more comfortable and more consistently accurate with my snaps because it is more form sitting. Overall, I've used the Deathadder 3.5g with PureTrak mouse skates, and my two zowies, and the Zowies make the Deathadder look like the biggest pile of garbage. I like the smaller size of the EC2-A also, it fits my hands a lot better because I have cute tiny hands. ^^

Offline captsis

• Formerly matt2dlg
« Reply #26 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 21:49:14 »
I HIGHLY reccomend the mionix castor over Logitech

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 10:25:34 »
I HIGHLY reccomend the mionix castor over Logitech

I HIGHLY disagree (owning both, as I'm sure you do).

But that's the great thing about opinions: everybody's got 'em

(The Castor's a great mouse, btw... I just much prefer my Logitech mice over it).

Offline rabbitfire

« Reply #28 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 21:15:08 »
Because the position of my finger when play certain game, I'm using G900 for FPS and DA elite for MOBA. If you don't want to use multiple mouses, I suggest g900.  :thumb:

Offline CSCoder4ever

• If it clicks I dig it
    • my github
« Reply #29 on: Thu, 29 December 2016, 21:26:23 »
the g900 is good if you have the monies, but if you're trying to keep it as budget as possible, the logitech g403 prodigy is a good one, Essentially a Logitech Deathadder. And the g403 has the same sensor as the g900 so yeah
Rosewill RK-9100; Poker II; Magicforce 68; Planck; WASDv2 TKL; Corsair k65; minivan; tada68;

*buntu - Debian - OpenBSD