Author Topic: Logitech G900 VS. G502!  (Read 18867 times)

Offline typo

Logitech G900 VS. G502!
« on: Thu, 11 August 2016, 21:23:38 »
I am just using this for my coding work. I do not prefer a track ball. I love the 500 series. So I got the G900. Undoubtedly it is a better mouse for those it fits, and game. I might play a little GTA. So the kicker is it is so uncomfortable for me. To me the most important thing about a mouse is if the ergonomics work for me.

Was anyone else uncomfortable with the G900? I know pro gamers would not use Logitech anyways  but I do feel it has the most precise sensor. Which makes a difference when I am laying out bitmaps.

All it boils down to is it is the same mouse with different ergonomics. Well, of course wireless. However I have heard reports the wireless is still not as reliable as cordless. For instance some cell phones will interfere. Cannot have that at a pro tournament either. Why almost every pro still uses wired. That does not matter to me though. I was just really uncomfortable with it. I think right handed is best for me as a righty. The shape of the G502 is perfect for me.

So, after I destroyed my original G502 I brought back the G900 and got the new RGB G502. This is a huge YMMV here. I cannot say the G900 is hands down better if it causes me pain.

Yes, I know I should be using a track ball anyways but I just prefer a mouse.

Edit, new Logitech software. Any way to set a static color? Any way to force 1000HZ anymore? Thanks
« Last Edit: Thu, 11 August 2016, 21:28:24 by typo »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Logitech G900 VS. G502!
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 12 August 2016, 05:29:07 »
ALL mice with the exception of Vertical Mice produces wrist strain..

It comes down to how long you use one..

Vertical solves most RSI involving wrist and forearm..

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 12 August 2016, 12:49:50 »
I am just using this for my coding work. I do not prefer a track ball. I love the 500 series. So I got the G900. Undoubtedly it is a better mouse for those it fits, and game. I might play a little GTA. So the kicker is it is so uncomfortable for me. To me the most important thing about a mouse is if the ergonomics work for me.

Was anyone else uncomfortable with the G900? I know pro gamers would not use Logitech anyways  but I do feel it has the most precise sensor. Which makes a difference when I am laying out bitmaps.

All it boils down to is it is the same mouse with different ergonomics. Well, of course wireless. However I have heard reports the wireless is still not as reliable as cordless. For instance some cell phones will interfere. Cannot have that at a pro tournament either. Why almost every pro still uses wired. That does not matter to me though. I was just really uncomfortable with it. I think right handed is best for me as a righty. The shape of the G502 is perfect for me.

So, after I destroyed my original G502 I brought back the G900 and got the new RGB G502. This is a huge YMMV here. I cannot say the G900 is hands down better if it causes me pain.

Yes, I know I should be using a track ball anyways but I just prefer a mouse.

Edit, new Logitech software. Any way to set a static color? Any way to force 1000HZ anymore? Thanks

I didn't like the G900 when I first bought it, and contemplated going back to the 502.  I'm glad I stuck it out- I now like the G900 better.  With the 502, it encourages you because of size and surface area to rest your hand on the mouse.  You can't do that with the G900.  Once I got used to not resting my whole hand on the mouse, I liked the G900 better.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 12 August 2016, 17:56:32 »
For flat mice, I've switched to pinching them slightly between the bottom of my thumb and pinky.

To keep my hand as angled as possible instead of palm facing the mouse..

This gives as much a vertical wrist angle as possible..

Offline Potatoes

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 12 August 2016, 18:06:05 »
How do you grip?

I do as in the attachment (except the back of my palm rests more on the mouse) and my hand hasn't cramped in any 6+ hour photoshop or gaming sessions yet.

I noticed anytime the mouse is really in my hand then it cramps. as in laying my hand over the mouse sort of like a blanket or something. I need that space in between palm and mouse. It's why the MX Master cramped the **** out of my hand after like an hour.

Offline typo

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 12 August 2016, 21:23:42 »
I use a low claw grip with my wrist resting on the mousepad behind the mouse.. I have huge hands 6' 10" 390#. (I am still a nerd). I hate wrist rests for mice. Even though I am not touching the mouse I still found the shape and rubber grips much better than the G900.

I would much rather use a trackball but I just can never get used to it. Perhaps the M570? I do not require more than 5 buttons. It is not always so comfortable to be honest but more so than the G900 IMO. Part of the problem I have with a trackball is it is not fast enough across 3 32" displays. These go to 12,000 DPI as you know. The windows slider only gives so much acceleration. Again, I hardly game but code 12+ hours a day. If someone could recommend something better I would be elated!

Offline SRTroN

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 14 August 2016, 02:07:59 »
I found that the g502 was too small for my admittedly large hands. I got the g900 as I heard it was bigger and I've been really happy with it. The wireless battery life is excellent and it has just the right number of buttons for me. I used to have a Razer Naga but I never used all of the side buttons.

Offline typo

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 14 August 2016, 02:46:48 »
That's strange. I thought the G502 was bigger. It just fits me better.

Offline typo

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 21 August 2016, 19:58:32 »
I am upset. The G502 just fits me much better but the G900 is a better mouse! They need a right handed G900, that's all.

Offline Bucake

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 21 August 2016, 20:42:08 »
how is the g900 better? it's only better if you love wireless, or if the shape suits you better
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline typo

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 21 August 2016, 22:09:43 »
The buttons feel much nicer. Hence them explaining the "hinge" on them. Indeed, I much prefer wired. To use the G900 wired is also kind of a waste. I guess I am just stuck with the G502 because it is much more comfortable for me and I prefer wired. Not latency I just like it. I really need to look into better trackballs though. As I said the problem is the speed across Three 32" Displays. With the windows slider maxed for instance the Expertmouse is not nearly fast enough. That is why I am using a mouse. Albeit one that can reach 12,000 DPI.

Offline Ashlyn

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 02 October 2016, 16:02:39 »
Enjoy G502 More than G900 , G900 need some changing time  :p

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 02 October 2016, 19:17:31 »
I own both and having tried both for extensive periods of time, I prefer the G900. There were just some things about the G502 that irked me. I use the G900 wired though.
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline SRTroN

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 08 October 2016, 05:59:58 »
I've had my G900 for a few months now and have to say it is the best mouse I've used since the MX518. Fits my hand nicely, very light for the size and the wireless/wired option is great for a cablephobe like me.