Author Topic: America Fu*k Yeah  (Read 232010 times)

Offline dante

Re: America Fu*k Yeah
« Reply #600 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 09:19:22 »
I want to live in America.

The better sports, the better attitude to things that matter to me, bigger houses...

On the flip side ... the things that appeal to me about UK:

- You had better retro micro computers; I'd pick the Speccy, BBC Micro, or Acorn Archimedes over what we got.  The exception may be the Tandy Color Computer of which you had a clone called the Dragon 32/64.
- For retro video games you guys got a Videopac 7400+; there were only a handful of Odyssey 3 units released to the public (less than two dozen?)
- The only places I've known that had good fish and chips in my state are closed.
- Although I could care less about sports or NASCRAP in general I do love to watch European Rally racing.
- Blood Sausage!

"Bigger houses" NAH. I'm married so I'm forced to live in a house - if I had it my way I'd go back to a studio apartment or buy one of these.  I know .. not very 'murican.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #601 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 09:30:17 »

The better sports, the better attitude to things that matter to me, bigger houses...

- You had better retro micro computers; I'd pick the Speccy, BBC Micro, or Acorn Archimedes over what we got.  The exception may be the Tandy Color Computer of which you had a clone called the Dragon 32/64.
- For retro video games you guys got a Videopac 7400+; there were only a handful of Odyssey 3 units released to the public (less than two dozen?)
- The only places I've known that had good fish and chips in my state are closed.
- Although I could care less about sports or NASCRAP in general I do love to watch European Rally racing.
- Blood Sausage!

"Bigger houses" NAH. I'm married so I'm forced to live in a house - if I had it my way I'd go back to a studio apartment or buy one of these.  I know .. not very 'murican.

I guess the NHS is nice, as well as a load of other nice things paid for by taxes.

-I have no idea what those are, but they sound cool.
-Fish and chips are alright, but like anything, after you have them a lot, they get boring
-I just love hockey and the NFL especially (I'm running the GH Fantasy Football this year), but things like the WRC are not widely broadcast. It's all about soccer. Which I ****ing hate. F1 is cool though.
-Blood sausage? I'm assuming you are talking about black pudding? That IS awesome.

I would just like to be able to drive huge distances. I love driving... Although American cars... I might have to import...
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline dante

« Reply #602 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 09:35:11 »
I would just like to be able to drive huge distances. I love driving... Although American cars... I might have to import...

I drive an import; however I would love to buy a Ford Mustang only if they came with an all wheel drive option.  I live in a snow belt state and it's the only thing holding me back.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #603 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 09:39:11 »

I drive an import; however I would love to buy a Ford Mustang only if they came with an all wheel drive option.  I live in a snow belt state and it's the only thing holding me back.

The 2015 Mustang? I want one of those too...
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #604 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 09:40:09 »

- Blood Sausage!

Why not just buy a VAN ? aerodynamic,  you can mount anything you want on the inside.... a large van probably has the same amount of space...

Offline iri

« Reply #605 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 10:32:00 »

(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Cherry1990

« Reply #606 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 05:44:14 »
Quote from: dirge
Show Image

Too funny!!! :)) :)) :
But, probably, not too far from real... And poor Italy? We are yellow and without any label? We are not old Mexicans!!! :p :p :p
PBT forever!

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #607 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 06:57:02 »
Lol Sparta
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline iri

« Reply #608 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 07:35:50 »
i wish russia ended at the adriatic coast *sigh*
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Bullveyr

« Reply #609 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 04:07:43 »
i want to live in switzerland. the sports are worse, but on the other hand, the houses are insanely ****ing big.
You don't like Hornussen and Schwingen?

Quote from: ripster;185750
Mechanical switches are mechanical.

Offline iri

« Reply #610 on: Tue, 09 December 2014, 05:43:27 »
i want to live in switzerland. the sports are worse, but on the other hand, the houses are insanely ****ing big.
You don't like Hornussen and Schwingen?
schwingen is meh, and hornussen can probably get its place it the list of world's weirdest ****.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline iri

« Reply #611 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 02:55:01 »
'MURICA **** YEAH!

-Ray Bradbury

Offline iri

« Reply #612 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 07:37:48 »
YUPOP **** NO!
'MURICA **** YEAH!

-Ray Bradbury

Offline iri

« Reply #613 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 07:44:54 »
'Schland **** yeah! 'Murica **** no! (NSFW)
http://i.imgur.com/C53Zyp2.jpg

-Ray Bradbury

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #614 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 08:49:22 »
America is great because it has lots of guns. (And even more bullets).

The guns ensure that no one dares to challenge America's greatness.

al-Amrika u akhbar!
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #615 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 11:08:12 »

al-Amrika u akhbar!
Haters gonna hate.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #616 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 22:18:14 »
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline iri

« Reply #617 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 03:59:13 »
it seems it's MURICA **** NO time!

'STRAYA **** YEAH!

'INGLIN **** YEAH!

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Halvar

« Reply #618 on: Wed, 17 December 2014, 03:38:28 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 December 2014, 15:33:10 by Halvar »

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #619 on: Tue, 23 December 2014, 22:27:02 »
'murica?

84916-0
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #620 on: Wed, 24 December 2014, 19:26:49 »

Too Fvcking RIGHT  :thumb: .

I only wish we had a similar system of encouraging the youngsters to buy and own guns so they can walk to school unmolested by pedo's and such.  Also allow our Grand Parents ultimate safety from being home invaded by scumbags looking to steal their pensions and rape any 70 year olds (happens here in Australia quite a lot).

Gawdamn if this aint a time to make people stand up for their basic freedoms here in Convict Town then it will never happen since we all currently live like frightened mice too scared to walk the streets at night or leave our loved ones behind at home.  The criminal garbage have the law on their side protecting them from harm but nothing for the victims who have been killed or damaged by them.

You yanks have it made, make sure the current democraps never take away your right to bare arms or to protect what's yours because there are so many countries who have lost a vital element of freedom, which had just slipped away over time and no one even bothers to even think about their departure from 'freedom'.  Yeah, that is an important 7 letter word that needs to be tattooed onto every child born today because it means they know what they're fighting for as they get older.  Especially the parasites in parliament that gorge themselves on the patriotic blood of our fallen.  We shall rise yet again to finally end their tyrannical raid on our freedoms and make sure they have no power over us ever again.

It's a birth-right best shed with the blood of your enemies as you celebrate the Great Flag of Freedom  :thumb: .

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #621 on: Wed, 24 December 2014, 20:53:00 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

The inherent irony of all of that is priceless.

My brother served in the US Army for four years and told me after he was out of active service that the most annoying thing to him, personally, was getting harassed by people who wanted to thank him for his service. Either way, I like how the word freedom is in that post a million times and then it asks the reader to physically assault those practicing freedoms. Great stuff!

Ugh.

Offline Geroximo

« Reply #622 on: Sun, 04 January 2015, 09:32:38 »

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #623 on: Sun, 04 January 2015, 12:18:02 »

al-Amrika u akhbar!
Haters gonna hate.

I find your response bizarre.

Have I said anything that is wrong?

A militarized and violent culture provide popular support for hawkish leaders and a ready pool of military recruits. It ensures that armaments industries are well supported and have financial incentives to keep producing and innovating quality arms. In turn, the strong US military and the willingness to use it, ensures that the US is able to gain access to resources and secure strategic locations and secure political concessions.

All of that is good, not bad. (At least to its own citizens).

If the price to pay is the occasional mother killed by her two year old toddler, or the occasional nursery school shot up by a gun nut, it is obvious that the US voter is quite willing to accept such a price.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #624 on: Sun, 04 January 2015, 16:26:48 »

Show Image

So...what's wrong with this?  Isn't America what makes the world go around?
I'm back.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #625 on: Sun, 04 January 2015, 16:32:28 »

Show Image

So...what's wrong with this?  Isn't America what makes the world go around?
Absofreakinglutly!

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #627 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 12:57:06 »
'Murica http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/26/kfc-double-down-dog_n_6547524.html

I am from America and this has to be one of the most disgusting things I have every heard of.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #628 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 13:14:52 »

Offline Lain1911

• God of the Wired
« Reply #629 on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 13:22:18 »
America, get rich then get out.

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #630 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 12:05:56 »
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #631 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 17:22:15 »
I spent a little time in Photoshop to make this tribute to America:

I hope that you United States citizens feel proud when you see this.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #632 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 20:49:02 »
Everything but the flag is representative of the parts of the continent America that we don't hear much about in Europe. Most of what I know about it is that some of the most attractive girls in Hollywood come from there and that some of my favourite TV-shows are filmed there.

United States citizens are infatuated with their flags apparently. I see on TV that their police officers have the flag on their uniforms.. but why? It is not as if the police officers will ever be seen in their uniforms outside the US where the country designation would have any importance.

Offline iri

« Reply #633 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 03:20:54 »
Show Image

assuming it's poutine and not freedom fries, it's five symbols of canada with the 'murican flag in the background.

United States citizens are infatuated with their flags apparently.
they are there to remind you in which country you are. because you can, like, suddenly drive to mexico from kentucky.
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 February 2015, 03:22:27 by iri »

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #634 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 03:22:26 »
Also guns.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #635 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 03:26:41 »
a lot of shots fired in this thread, but not over here because we have gun control.
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #636 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 08:22:17 »

Show Image

assuming it's poutine and not freedom fries, it's five symbols of canada with the 'murican flag in the background.

United States citizens are infatuated with their flags apparently.
they are there to remind you in which country you are. because you can, like, suddenly drive to mexico from kentucky.

Lol you've obviously never been around Canadians with their maple leaf
I'm back.

Offline Halvar

« Reply #637 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 10:48:14 »

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #638 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 18:38:12 »

Show Image

I've always wanted to go there!
I'm back.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #639 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 18:00:09 »
91206-0
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #640 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 20:04:54 »
Not sure why i haven't been following this thread, it's hilarious.
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #641 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 17:48:44 »

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #642 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 17:51:23 »
First time reading through this thread.  Now I want In-n-out. :(

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #643 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 18:01:18 »

You willing to give up yer gun for it though?

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #644 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 18:45:54 »

I don't own a gun, but at this point I would.  It has been almost 3 years since my last double double.  :(

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #645 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 19:31:02 »

But if we give up our guns, we can't defend our selves from a tyrannical government!  :rolleyes:

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #646 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 20:03:05 »

But if we give up our guns, we can't defend our selves from a tyrannical government!  :rolleyes:
i know someone that actually believes that
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #647 on: Tue, 19 May 2015, 05:37:05 »
All the countries that use MMDDYYYY date format:

101133-0

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #648 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 23:06:35 »
All the countries that use MMDDYYYY date format:

(Attachment Link)

I also chose DDMMYYYY but is that how everyone else does it? i never really thought about it.
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline ttzhou

• in your base, belonging
« Reply #649 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 23:50:17 »
I want to be a Murican simply for your heavenly shipping rates for anything worth owning.