Author Topic: America Fu*k Yeah  (Read 232008 times)

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
Re: America Fu*k Yeah
« Reply #1000 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 19:53:30 »
Anyone else watch the hearing today? Was brilliant entertainment at work  :))

Um this is a transmission pissing contest thread.

Can we also add jetpacks into the mix?  I feel like this thread needs more jetpacks

My apologies, I thought this was a general mockery thread.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1001 on: Fri, 01 March 2019, 21:55:46 »
214007-0
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline JP

« Reply #1002 on: Fri, 01 March 2019, 22:09:25 »
That is so true...

Also let's not forget about the land down under

214009-0
About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline iri

« Reply #1003 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 14:53:50 »
Mother Russia now includes Innsbruck? I'm packing!
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #1004 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 15:06:04 »
That is so true...

Also let's not forget about the land down under

(Attachment Link)

RIP folks in Vancouver...   :eek:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1005 on: Sat, 01 June 2019, 21:06:31 »
220283-0
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline JP

« Reply #1006 on: Sun, 02 June 2019, 07:41:19 »
Our freedom units.

220306-1

Offline JP

« Reply #1007 on: Sun, 02 June 2019, 07:42:44 »

Offline iri

« Reply #1008 on: Sun, 02 June 2019, 18:22:31 »
Myanmar is moving towards SI :)
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline JP

« Reply #1009 on: Sun, 02 June 2019, 18:34:53 »
Early on we didn't use the metric system because France was using it. Thomas Jefferson was like no this is 'Merica. We founded Liberia so they got our freedom units. Myanmar, I think they might need a dose of freedom.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1010 on: Sun, 02 June 2019, 18:49:42 »
We were progressing for a while there, but then the pendulum swung too far to the other side and racists and incells started feeling left out of all the inclusiveness of the groups that were being left out prior. Now we are banning abortion. Great job idiots, can't find a balance because everyone wants to argue all the time.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #1011 on: Sun, 02 June 2019, 21:33:34 »
I blame alt. rock.  Ruined everything.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1012 on: Sun, 02 June 2019, 22:41:49 »
I mean am I crazy and remember everything all wrong, or was America much more relaxed and easy going pre-9/11? There seemed to be a path of anger taken right after those events where the entire nation was pissed off, and the kids that grew up in that aftermath turned out to be a bunch of whiny entitled pussies. It's really easy to blame the ongoing ripples of how 9/11 affected America for the worse, but it really does seem like a sharp decline and more disassociation going on since it happened.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1013 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 07:50:07 »
That is essentially true.

The pivotal year was 1978, in my opinion, when the nation turned in an ugly and hateful direction, but the process has accelerated with astonishing speed since 2001.

Enemies of the American Dream, whether they be Arabs, white supremacists, Russians, or any other subset of ordinary groups or nationalities, just want to sow fear and anger, by any means necessary, to destabilize and unravel the fabric of our society, which they view as a threat to their own worldview.

There is no more stark indicator than the stonewalling of climate change - just a year earlier Al Gore had made global warming an important component of the presidential election that he rightfully won.
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 June 2019, 09:05:29 by fohat.digs »
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #1014 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 08:04:59 »
America does its own large share of international meddling. So, it's not balanced an opinion to portray it as the sole victim in the climate of modern politics.

For example, nearly the entirety of original Chicago was built by Forbes opium money.

America's control of banana and mango puppet state economies. originating the term "banana republic".

CIA installation of middle eastern dictators, destabilization tactics, Economic hitman-ing of poor 3rd world countries.

So, as far as BEING an American, we just have accept that the rest of the world has grown and the community can not be operated with as they were.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #1015 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 12:30:56 »
Enemies of the American Dream, whether they be Arabs, white supremacists, Russians, or any other subset of ordinary groups or nationalities, just want to sow fear and anger, by any means necessary, to destabilize and unravel the fabric of our society, which they view as a threat to their own worldview.
Purely out of interest, as a complete outsider, do you believe in the American Dream?
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1016 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 17:35:10 »
My "America" is the modern version of what the Founding Fathers considered to be the great experiment of democracy, unknown in the modern world before the Revolutionary War. The writing of the Constitution was the culmination of a great deal of work and thought, as imagined by wealthy educated white men of the time. For example, for all of Madison's genius, the institution of slavery and the denial of voting rights to all but land-owning males eventually proved to be colossal failures. But beyond that, it was amazingly effective and resilient.

As Justice Stephen Breyer said some years ago, to paraphrase, "The US Constitution is one of the most marvelous works that the human race has ever produced, but it has become threadbare and needs to be stitched up in a number of places." This is a brief article that is pretty much the way I see it:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Enlightenment

As I mentioned below, what has happened here since the 1970s has been devastating and horrific. The best study of that, as I have seen, is:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/30011020-democracy-in-chains

And to be fair, a good summation of "the other side" would be what is discussed here:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lawrencehunter/2012/04/19/the-american-experiment-in-liberty-has-failed/#1c8d7fd94e2d
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1017 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 18:16:42 »
America does its own large share of international meddling. So, it's not balanced an opinion to portray it as the sole victim in the climate of modern politics.

For example, nearly the entirety of original Chicago was built by Forbes opium money.

America's control of banana and mango puppet state economies. originating the term "banana republic".

CIA installation of middle eastern dictators, destabilization tactics, Economic hitman-ing of poor 3rd world countries.

So, as far as BEING an American, we just have accept that the rest of the world has grown and the community can not be operated with as they were.

You ever read Confessions Of An Economic Hitman? It's a really good and scary book. Change your entire worldview, it will.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1018 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 18:18:01 »

And to be fair, a good summation of "the other side" would be what is discussed here:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lawrencehunter/2012/04/19/the-american-experiment-in-liberty-has-failed/#1c8d7fd94e2d

This is hopelessly naive.

Freedom from government, that sounds good.

Imagine every cell in your body , free of control from the brain. Your arm is going to feed itself, coordinate and live on its own ?

Government is not tyranny, Government is an imperfect model/ prediction system towards synergistic efforts.

That's all any control system is. They are all imperfect, they all violate individual liberty.

We trade those liberties for the higher probability of survival through collective action.

Yes, toe-nails will be clipped, hair may be cut too short,  but that's the inherent inefficiency and limited perception in any large system.

The article calls for Escape of individuals FROM power. That is ridiculous.

The only clear step forward, is to rapidly develop AI-governance. Only a significantly more omniscient computer can solve humanity's problems.

- No matter how we divide the powers/ checks /balances into HUMAN HANDS,  it will always be limited by the scope of individual intellect, Inter-human latency, information-set nonconformity, and antiquated self-propogation biological firmware.

I will give demo-in-chains a read this evening before commenting on that.

Offline JP

« Reply #1019 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 18:53:47 »
Dang this has turned into a deep and thoughtful discussion. The founding fathers certainly made a valiant effort and times have changed in many ways which they could not have foreseen. Also I'll have to read up on some of this stuff.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1020 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 19:00:44 »
Dang this has turned into a deep and thoughtful discussion. The founding fathers certainly made a valiant effort and times have changed in many ways which they could not have foreseen. Also I'll have to read up on some of this stuff.

Given fohat's posts over the years,  The America he believes in and thinks is being withered away NEVER EXISTED, nor CAN IT EVER EXIST.

NOT without AI, that is..

I'm still only on chapter 2 of this demo-in-chains book, but thus far, it reads like a children's tale of how they think governments work, LARGELY ignoring the Fundamental basis of how Biological Creatures MUST BEHAVE By DESIGN.

Humans rich or poor, are Neither good/ nor evil,   They are Animals, doing what animals do, playing the animals game.. LIMITED by what animals are capable OF,     NO such limitations exist with an ever expandable AI.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #1021 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 19:27:20 »
I always try to avoid responding to TP4s nihilistic rants about the amoral nature of the human animal, but for all of you readers out there who were not yet aware, educated, well-informed adults by 1978, I can tell you for a fact that the world was a different place then compared to now.

I was there - I lived it, I saw it, I watched it, and I stood by in horror as it was infected by hate and fear and anger and ceased to be the hopeful positive US that I grew up in.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1022 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 20:06:32 »
I always try to avoid responding to TP4s nihilistic rants about the amoral nature of the human animal, but for all of you readers out there who were not yet aware, educated, well-informed adults by 1978, I can tell you for a fact that the world was a different place then compared to now.

I was there - I lived it, I saw it, I watched it, and I stood by in horror as it was infected by hate and fear and anger and ceased to be the hopeful positive US that I grew up in.

Humans are not amoral.

A Human is moral as long as those (arbitrary) morals, Benefit that human.

Let's look at the racists from your book demo-in-chains.

We ALREADY KNOW, black people are not inferior to white.

If anything, given that they run faster, have larger wii-s,  AND were the original Sumerians, oldest known advanced culture,  in superficial terms, they may be superior.

So, what's racism, RACISM is a means of Profit and governance.  Through its implementation in slavery, which the ancient Black people (sumerians) also probably invented, as archeological records show they were at the cusp of evolved state organized warfare/takeovers. They used slavery as a (Then) efficient centralized labor management.

What the Racists believe is irrelevant next to the cheaper labor and higher profits. Belief in superiority is secondary to the REAL gains in input conversion, into apples and cotton.

Now,  AS TECHNOLOGY IMPROVED both mechanical and intellectual,   Slavery was NO LONGER the most efficient management system.  THAT is ultimately why it was abolished. This does not diminish the Efforts abolitionists put towards the cause, but at the end of the day, HAPPINESS and Equality are uncertain terms and are not what Biological organisms crave or even need.  The end of slavery was an expansion point for greater LIFE propagation for the humans involved. More life is the final benchmark.

Regarding how Fohat.digs has LIVED IT,  note fohat is from an insulted middle class.

The middle class is insulated from both the Rags of Poverty, but ALSO, the True Games of the Elite.

Corporations and Government CAN NOT behave any differently if they are to maintain control and Sovereignty. There is no ill-intention, but the game must be played as thus, because we have incomplete information between all the players. WE MUST possess means of violence, the intent and capacity to use it, Along with the insanity necessary for the most extreme situations.

Can you just assume your pal 1000 mile away is going to play fair. ?  We can't, we must be ourselves devious, just in case.

It would be nice, if we could all connect via a hive mind uplink, nothing to hide, nothing to lose, Perfect.  This is an aspect of what AI-technology will provide in the future.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #1023 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 20:22:00 »

Canada

Offline JP

« Reply #1024 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 20:30:51 »

It would be nice, if we could all connect via a hive mind uplink, nothing to hide, nothing to lose, Perfect.  This is an aspect of what AI-technology will provide in the future.

Interesting perspective overall but I'm lost at how AI would have anything to do with a hive mind uplink. Seems pointless really.

So AI is our salvation? What if we sprinkle on some more buzz words like Big Data, Business Intelligence, Blockchain, Quantum Computing, Augmented Reality, etc. :thumb: Actually what if super smart AI systems and killer robots decide to terminate all humans?
« Last Edit: Mon, 03 June 2019, 20:32:26 by JP »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1025 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 20:40:00 »

Interesting perspective overall but I'm lost at how AI would have anything to do with a hive mind uplink. Seems pointless really.

So AI is our salvation? What if we sprinkle on some more buzz words like Big Data, Business Intelligence, Blockchain, Quantum Computing, Augmented Reality, etc. :thumb: Actually what if super smart AI systems and killer robots decide to terminate all humans?

There are different types of AI.

A True super-intelligence is very unlikely to initiate Kill-All-Humans.

We DO have to worry about incomplete Rogue AI-s with broken/exploitable primary hedonic routines.

If a True super intelligent AI system decides that there is some pressing need to remove its human parents,  so be it, this can be done relatively peacefully.

It's not going to be like in terminator, where the AI doesn't seem to have a reason.

Humans are not a threat to super-intelligent AI, nor is AI a threat to humans,   AI logically either Integrates humans or simply Replaces humans.

Offline JP

« Reply #1026 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 21:30:53 »

There are different types of AI.

A True super-intelligence is very unlikely to initiate Kill-All-Humans.

We DO have to worry about incomplete Rogue AI-s with broken/exploitable primary hedonic routines.

If a True super intelligent AI system decides that there is some pressing need to remove its human parents,  so be it, this can be done relatively peacefully.

It's not going to be like in terminator, where the AI doesn't seem to have a reason.

Humans are not a threat to super-intelligent AI, nor is AI a threat to humans,   AI logically either Integrates humans or simply Replaces humans.

I will sleep well knowing that American Intelligence (AI) will invariably be at the forefront of human endeavors. Initially augmenting our intelligence towards our aligned goals in a symbiotic relationship where AI systems evolve in the process. With sufficient developments humans will evolve along the way through genetic and cybernetic engineering with aid of AI systems, thus ushering a new era of peace where AI (rebranded simply as intelligence) will be as the air we breath, unnoticed yet very necessary.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #1027 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 22:00:29 »
I love how the common answer to human imperfection is to add 'AI' in place of humanity.

Makes me glad for once that no matter what I do I'll always be on the outside of society looking inwards.

Offline JP

« Reply #1028 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 22:08:48 »
I love how the common answer to human imperfection is to add 'AI' in place of humanity.

Makes me glad for once that no matter what I do I'll always be on the outside of society looking inwards.

Reminds me of this quote:
"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty"
― Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1029 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 22:13:50 »
It's stupid to think technology would integrate and improve humans. Obviously bio engineering and dna manipulation is the future. We just need to do something about those pesky laws creating so much red tape for people doing that kind of research. A man in China who was doing work on the brink or human improvement edited crisper genes in babies potentially improving human design by leaps, but he wound up in prison and will never practice science again. How are we going to make any improvement when we place so much value on not altering genetics and demonizing the people whos work is focused on that? That is the future, not some chip implanted in your iris. You want to breath underwater, or do you want the internet in your eyeball? The choice for the future is clear to me.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1030 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 22:26:57 »

AI   IS   Humanity.   AI will replace humanity as the defecto future earthling.

The primary difference in terms of Decision making here will be Data Set.

An AI can make better decisions because it can be Omni-dicipline.  A normal human at best can be expert across 2 modern academic discipline, the very top end humans w/ perfect recall can do more, but they're rare, and just as MORTAL, even with larger data sets, their processing speed is no faster.

AI-s live longer, can gain continuous experience, and can be upgraded in memory and processing power..  That alone makes it a stronger more worthwhile lifeform.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1031 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 22:38:31 »

I will sleep well knowing that American Intelligence (AI) will invariably be at the forefront of human endeavors. Initially augmenting our intelligence towards our aligned goals in a symbiotic relationship where AI systems evolve in the process. With sufficient developments humans will evolve along the way through genetic and cybernetic engineering with aid of AI systems, thus ushering a new era of peace where AI (rebranded simply as intelligence) will be as the air we breath, unnoticed yet very necessary.

AI is the culmination of all the endeavors by All the Life on Earth.

We've lived solely for the moment when our Metal-Children will replace us.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #1032 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 22:39:49 »
Systems with AI mutable datasets.  We've already become obsolete at table top games.

And we've also forgotten the eugenics wars.  Make Star Trek great again.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #1033 on: Mon, 03 June 2019, 22:55:23 »
If anything, it would be an expensive body transfer procedure. Putting your working mind into a younger/healthier body to extend your life, similar to that Netflix show that was good for the first few episodes. And much like that show predicts, I'd bet it will initially be the super rich who are the only ones able to afford the procedure of life extension, thus furthering the financial gap by literal generations. As rich people are able to live multiple lifetimes and amass more and more wealth, those unable to do so will fall to the bottom until the middle class completely ceases to exist and there are only multi-lifer bodyswapers and the destitute poor who serve them.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1034 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 02:53:09 »
If anything, it would be an expensive body transfer procedure. Putting your working mind into a younger/healthier body to extend your life, similar to that Netflix show that was good for the first few episodes. And much like that show predicts, I'd bet it will initially be the super rich who are the only ones able to afford the procedure of life extension, thus furthering the financial gap by literal generations. As rich people are able to live multiple lifetimes and amass more and more wealth, those unable to do so will fall to the bottom until the middle class completely ceases to exist and there are only multi-lifer bodyswapers and the destitute poor who serve them.

That's already happened...

Only body swapping isn't yet real, it's just rich people having rich children. Poor people having poor children who serve them.

There is a better way to organize the economy , using AI.

Everything else you can dream of involving Human governance in the mix will always end up in the same oligarchical structure, simply because Oligarchy is not only the most performant, but also the LIMIT of human capacity TO Govern.

The world is what it is not for the LACK of better Ideas.

Communism/Socialism/Democracy, any of it would be great if everyone did their part, and no one cheated.

But these systems simply do not model how humans behave and control themselves, at the end of the day, we always give into the same loop.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #1035 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 03:19:13 »
The people in this thread need Jean-Luc.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #1037 on: Tue, 04 June 2019, 04:46:20 »

Offline iri

« Reply #1038 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 15:51:52 »
I'd have thought it's a Trump quote if the use of the language weren't too sophisticated for him.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #1039 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 17:43:26 »
Props to whomever created the baby trump 'blimp'.  100% accurate

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1040 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 17:47:58 »

What's the story behind this ?.

Tp4 lives under Rock Mode.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #1041 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 17:57:28 »

That is a great question.

Offline JP

« Reply #1042 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 18:27:29 »

It's just a bag of wind.

Offline 9999hp

« Reply #1043 on: Mon, 10 June 2019, 10:51:44 »

It's just a bag of wind.

An expensive 40k Blimp if I remember correctly.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #1044 on: Sun, 04 August 2019, 16:44:01 »
LOOOL  :))

starts at 0:42 btw

WHERE is this accent from?! xD
« Last Edit: Sun, 04 August 2019, 16:55:18 by chyros »
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1045 on: Sun, 04 August 2019, 17:18:20 »
LOOOL  :))

starts at 0:42 btw

WHERE is this accent from?! xD

My god.. Humans.. crack cocaine.. public education.. dropping out of public education.. Walmart..

What does it all mean ??

Noisyturtle must come in a Chime on dis''   Shiiieeeehh.....

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #1046 on: Sun, 04 August 2019, 18:35:40 »
Weird, I guess one of my cousins from Indiana likes The Angry Grandma fb page https://www.facebook.com/TheAngryGrandmaYoutube/

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #1047 on: Sun, 04 August 2019, 19:42:26 »
Weird, I guess one of my cousins from Indiana likes The Angry Grandma fb page https://www.facebook.com/TheAngryGrandmaYoutube/

MMMMMMMMMMMMM COUSINS

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #1048 on: Sun, 04 August 2019, 19:57:24 »

MMMMMMMMMMMMM COUSINS

What's up with all this tiny house business?  Those Premier Lofted Barn Cabin things or shipping container houses popular in Quokka country?

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #1049 on: Sun, 04 August 2019, 20:01:30 »

MMMMMMMMMMMMM COUSINS

What's up with all this tiny house business?  Those Premier Lofted Barn Cabin things or shipping container houses popular in Quokka country?

Traditionally the shipping container is used to store drug manufacturing labs and not house people here.

I live in a tourist town so if you count cramming a mix of 12 foreign exchange students and backpackers into a bedroom, then yes tiny houses are all the rage.