Author Topic: Stramers/GeekHack user that review keyboards  (Read 1685 times)

Offline Ranger_Trivette

Stramers/GeekHack user that review keyboards
« on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 03:47:01 »
hi,
i'm designing a keyboard. i'm waiting for samples.
i'm looking to someone to review my keyboard when the IC will go online.

- do you know if there is some streamer, content creator, youtuber, that do that?

- i've spent years posting in forums (here i'm just a random 50post user), i've always appreciated the word/opinion of top users.
so, do you know if there is someone from geekhack that do that?

Offline yui

Re: Stramers/GeekHack user that review keyboards
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 08:32:50 »
there is a whole sub-forum dedicated to reviews:
https://geekhack.org/index.php?board=139.0
i think you should ask regular posters in there but maybe take a look at their style of reviews 1st, if you plan to make an ergo cherry MX brown board maybe do not ask for chyros to make a review of it (he makes it pretty clear in his videos that small and ergo boards are his least favorite type of boards, to say the least, he like them about as much as imperial units)
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 05 May 2021, 10:47:58 »
i think you should ask regular posters in there but maybe take a look at their style of reviews 1st, if you plan to make an ergo cherry MX brown board maybe do not ask for chyros to make a review of it (he makes it pretty clear in his videos that small and ergo boards are his least favorite type of boards, to say the least, he like them about as much as imperial units)

That's exactly why he should review boards that contain a lot of features he dislikes though.  ;D

I think he's usually pretty fair in pointing out objective pros and cons, even if his preferences may get in the way a little bit. He's certainly thorough.

Offline Ranger_Trivette

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 08:38:47 »
You could also review your own keyboard.
i'm not enough expert to review my own keyboard, but i'm enough arrogant to design one. :cool:

Offline Ranger_Trivette

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 08:41:00 »

That's exactly why he should review boards that contain a lot of features he dislikes though.  ;D

I think he's usually pretty fair in pointing out objective pros and cons, even if his preferences may get in the way a little bit. He's certainly thorough.

i'm looking for an honest opinion, not for a positive one.

but thanks for the advise, never saw that part of the forum.
shame on me.

Offline Ranger_Trivette

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 08:52:47 »
if you plan to make an ergo cherry MX brown board maybe do not ask for chyros to make a review of it (he makes it pretty clear in his videos that small and ergo boards are his least favorite type of boards, to say the least, he like them about as much as imperial units)
i ordered the topic based on the creator.
i arrived to C letter.
i think 3-4 pages (22 total) are made by chyros :eek:

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 06 May 2021, 10:08:48 »

by chyros

Chyrosan is the undisputed guru of keyboard reviewing around here.

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Polymer

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 07 May 2021, 13:41:41 »

by chyros

Chyrosan is the undisputed guru of keyboard reviewing around here.

Yeap..I think he does a great job reviewing keyboards.  I don't agree with many of his opinions about keyboards but that's not the important part.  He DOES have a strong opinion which provides you with valuable information whether you agree with his personal opinion or not.   He also has background information which I think is interesting and valuable...

It is far better than most reviews I see which are wishy washy and have poor information..half the time some of their information is factually wrong and what little information they do have correct, can be found basically anywhere and is pretty generic...

There needs to be a Chyrosan like reviewer covering all of the other stuff he doesn't like to review....

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 07 May 2021, 13:51:07 »
This guy https://www.twitch.tv/blacksimon. He also creates keyboards and know all the ins and outsides of what makes them great or bad.
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline Ranger_Trivette

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 08 May 2021, 09:48:26 »
Thanks for the replies 🙃

Is there also some streamer focused on keyboards?

Offline blur410

• Memewhile in World of Tanks...
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 08 May 2021, 09:57:43 »
I mean your welcome to try HipyoTech, he has done some stream reviews before if I remember, IDK if he is a part of this community, but I think he is active on Reddit.
Keyboard Ownership History: Dynex(Rubber dome chicklet keys)-EXTINCT, Macbook Air 2016(Scissor switch)-ACTIVE, Razer Ornata(Mecha-membrane)-EXTINCT, Corsair K68 RGB(Cherry MX Reds)-RETIRED, Razer Tartarus Pro(Razer optical analog)-RETIRED, Idobao ID-75(NK Creams)-SHELF, HHKB Pro 3 Classic(Topre BKE MX Mount)-ACTIVE, New Model F62(Capacitive buckling springs)-ACTIVE, Realforce 23UB(Topre)-ACTIVE, BM60-RGBEC w/KBDFANS 5 Degree Case(NK BOX Pinks)-SHELF, Focus 2001 (Alps White)-SHELF, Unidentified Vintage MX Black Board-SHELF