Author Topic: This was bound to happen  (Read 3981 times)

Offline BucklingSpring

This was bound to happen
« on: Sat, 16 December 2017, 07:20:58 »
Some geek made a Xmas tree just for us.

LoL

EDIT: Good old Google also have this one

« Last Edit: Sat, 16 December 2017, 07:28:19 by BucklingSpring »
In memory of smallfry 1996-2013
Boards I own, click ->
More
Ducky x2 (9008G2 Pro PBT/MX Green and Mini MX Red), Matias x2 (QP and Mini QP Dampened ALPS), Topre RealForce x4 (87U 55g/Digilog case, 103U-UW & 104UG High-Profile x2), Filco Majestouch x2 (TKL MX Blue & V2 AI 104 MX Blue), IBM-M x2 (BS & RD), Unicomp-M x5 (BS black on black x2, BS Ivory x2, QT Ultra-Classic), Deck x4 (Legend MX Black & MX Clear, Hassium & Francium w/ MX Brown), DAS III (MX Blue), KBT Pure Pro 60% (MX Red), NMB-RT8256CW+ x2 (black space invader), XArmor U9BL-S (MX Brown) given for free to someone I hate, CM X2 (Trigger/MX Green + Storm TKL/NovaTouch), TVS GOLD (MX Blue) and a many many more (NMB, DELL, MS, ATT, KeyTronic, Etc...)

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
Re: This was bound to happen
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 16 December 2017, 11:27:20 »
A FINE WAY TO CELEBRATE RUBBER DOMES!
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 16 December 2017, 12:44:36 »
What I'd really like to know, is what KomponenTIT means..

184477-0

Offline pomk

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 16 December 2017, 13:12:09 »
Components. It’s in Finnish.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 16 December 2017, 14:20:44 »
Where I am from, Christmas trees are decorated with candles or electric lights that look like candles. Nothing like this.

A FINE WAY TO CELEBRATE RUBBER DOMES!
I think those are Logitech keyboards with mechanical Romer-G switches.
The key shape is weird though and the keyboards are ugly up close -- and they probably did not sell because of that.

Offline daskeybo

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 17 December 2017, 17:26:27 »
Merry Clickmas!

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 17 December 2017, 18:27:28 »
Impossible. That looks much too much like a real word to be Finnish :p .
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 17 December 2017, 19:22:09 »

how is it pronounced..

componen  tit ?

Offline pomk

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 18 December 2017, 05:49:06 »

how is it pronounced..

componen  tit ?
All finnish words are pronounced exactly as they are written. Kom-po-nen-tit.

Offline rich1051414

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 18 December 2017, 07:03:17 »
I would love to get my fingers all over those component tits.
Siig Minitouch with Orange Alps, Whitefox 60% Zealios 67g, Realforce 87U 55g Topre, LFK SMK/Alps TKL With SMK 2nd Gen Cherry MX mount switches, NEC APC-H412 NEC Blue Ovals, Unicomp Model-M Spacesaver, XMIT Hall Effect, WASD Code Cherry MX Clear, KBDFans75 Lubed Gateron Greens, Azio MGK L80 Kailh Brown, XD84 Pale Blue Box Kailh, NIB Pingmaster TMK Converted, KPrepublic XD96 Blue aluminum case with Jade Box Kailh

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 18 December 2017, 12:08:54 »
Yeah, Finns always claim that they all Finnish words are pronounced like they are written ... and then you find Finnish words with syllables like "ääkk" -- with double vowels followed by double consonants: WTH!?

And for you others, I can also tell that the "ä" letter is not pronounced like "ah" but like "ehhhh".

Offline pomk

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 18 December 2017, 14:46:24 »
Yeah, Finns always claim that they all Finnish words are pronounced like they are written ... and then you find Finnish words with syllables like "ääkk" -- with double vowels followed by double consonants: WTH!?

And for you others, I can also tell that the "ä" letter is not pronounced like "ah" but like "ehhhh".
Ä is pronounced as æ or ae. Simultaneously saying both vovels. Can you provide an example of a word that is not pronounced as it is written? For your ”ääkk” notion, words like teekkari are pronounced teek-ka-ri, exactly as written.

Offline ollir

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 18 December 2017, 15:33:53 »

Ä is pronounced as æ or ae. Simultaneously saying both vovels. Can you provide an example of a word that is not pronounced as it is written? For your ”ääkk” notion, words like teekkari are pronounced teek-ka-ri, exactly as written.

These come to mind:
"onpa" is generally pronounced "ompa". Words like "kuningas" or "kangastus" take the 'n' sound to the back of the mouth (upper throat or whatever it's called) instead of the normal front of the mouth sound that it has in words like "kannas", so they are not exactly like written imo.
It's a fun language tho! ;)

Never make any mistaeks.

Offline rich1051414

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 18 December 2017, 16:17:42 »

I used to go to a cyber cafe called 'Blue Aether", so that is where I learned how to pronounce æ, but simply changing it to a long E is about as close as you are going to get in equivalent english :)
Siig Minitouch with Orange Alps, Whitefox 60% Zealios 67g, Realforce 87U 55g Topre, LFK SMK/Alps TKL With SMK 2nd Gen Cherry MX mount switches, NEC APC-H412 NEC Blue Ovals, Unicomp Model-M Spacesaver, XMIT Hall Effect, WASD Code Cherry MX Clear, KBDFans75 Lubed Gateron Greens, Azio MGK L80 Kailh Brown, XD84 Pale Blue Box Kailh, NIB Pingmaster TMK Converted, KPrepublic XD96 Blue aluminum case with Jade Box Kailh

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 21 December 2017, 05:18:47 »
This was bound to happen too:

Trashbag fashions.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #15 on: Thu, 21 December 2017, 05:40:31 »

One of my friends is Finnish, you can't fool me :p. That language is just ridiculously complex, and it seems 95% of the letters are either an A or a K xD .

http://img0.joyreactor.com/pics/post/comics-dog-countryballs-finland-1438258.png

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 21 December 2017, 09:39:11 »
This was bound to happen too:

Show Image

Trashbag fashions.

I thought you were talking about Thinspiration.. hahahahahah

Offline pomk

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 21 December 2017, 15:26:51 »

One of my friends is Finnish, you can't fool me :p. That language is just ridiculously complex, and it seems 95% of the letters are either an A or a K xD .

http://img0.joyreactor.com/pics/post/comics-dog-countryballs-finland-1438258.png
But pronunciation is trivial!  :p

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 21 December 2017, 16:32:39 »

But pronunciation is trivial!  :p
It's trivial for YOU! xD