Author Topic: GH - StarCraft II: HotS/LotV players  (Read 182717 times)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
Re: GH - StarCraft II: HotS players
« Reply #900 on: Sun, 28 September 2014, 01:40:48 »

Ohana and Cloud Kingdom oh my..
Time to get immortal sentry'ed every zvp :D
I don't know, that was only a thing because in WoL if a z could turtle there was no way for P to win
Doesn't change the fact that they're fantastic maps for immortal allins. You remember detalus right? 13-14 speedling "pressure" was zvp on that map, just like immortal sentry was pvz on ohana, as long as they're in the game people will continue to abuse them :P

Yeah true, though I don't remember Detalus...
I couldn't remember the actual name, its this map, Everyone I played with just called it the lingspeed all in map.
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Daedalus_Point

Oh yeah! To be honest I'm curious about having old WoL maps from like season 1-2 of ladder. Cloud Kingdom seems so meh because it's not that old and was played to death

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #901 on: Mon, 06 October 2014, 08:21:54 »

ohh the memories
This sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before.

Offline Johan

« Reply #902 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 18:07:38 »
Latest "How it feels"
I can definitely agree with the cannon rush segment, feels like bull**** regardless of what happens.
Uh, stuff.

Offline jterp7

• good typing
« Reply #903 on: Sat, 18 October 2014, 18:10:18 »
Latest "How it feels"
I can definitely agree with the cannon rush segment, feels like bull**** regardless of what happens.

widow mine Kappa Nathanias ROFL

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #904 on: Sun, 19 October 2014, 05:52:45 »
Cannon rush meh, window mines... Fuuuu

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #905 on: Sun, 19 October 2014, 18:59:12 »
I recall someone somewhere said  m0re cache helps SC II..

can't remember where..

anyone got more info on this ?

Offline jterp7

• good typing
« Reply #906 on: Sun, 19 October 2014, 19:07:49 »
for load speeds? fps?

Offline Johan

« Reply #907 on: Sun, 19 October 2014, 19:10:11 »

I recall someone somewhere said  m0re cache helps SC II..

can't remember where..

anyone got more info on this ?
Googled it but found nothing other than the usual "starcraft uses 2 cores/threads and so you want a cpu with a high clock speed and lots of cache." You might get a better answer if you ask on teamliquid.
Uh, stuff.

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #908 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 07:58:30 »
SC2 is badly optimized game overall. They fixed some things with HotS but for a 2010 game it should not have problems on any modern system. 4v4 is still not playable for many..

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #909 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 08:31:32 »
SC2 is badly optimized game overall. They fixed some things with HotS but for a 2010 game it should not have problems on any modern system. 4v4 is still not playable for many..

Yeah, from what I understand it uses insane amounts of CPU... tbh I run the game on the lowest settings anyway so it dsnt actually affect me... but even then 4v4 games can chug... Blizzard is (in my experience) super garbage at making engines and sc2 isn't any different. I imagine there art and lore teams are bigger than there tech teams

Offline jterp7

• good typing
« Reply #910 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 08:40:46 »

Yeah, from what I understand it uses insane amounts of CPU... tbh I run the game on the lowest settings anyway so it dsnt actually affect me... but even then 4v4 games can chug... Blizzard is (in my experience) super garbage at making engines and sc2 isn't any different. I imagine there art and lore teams are bigger than there tech teams

and balance team? heh heh

my PC desktop back in 08 handled it fine..it wasn't until I moved over to macbook air that i really had any fps issues. Its kind of sad that my 08 desktop destroys my '12 rmbp in performance even now...and it was a mid range build. Ok loading is faster but thats all because of ssd tech.

Offline Johan

« Reply #911 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 09:16:20 »
I think they really ****ed up when they decided to make it run on two cores/threads, My fx8350 has no issues with running most modern games at 60 fps at high settings paired with a 7950, but medium settings at starcraft?NOPE. Like 15 fps lategame, I used to use hybrid settings but now medium shaders don't work for whatever reason.

I think one of the reasons why broodwar and warcraft 3 was super popular for a long time was due it being playable on most fairly ****ty computers, until 2006 my family had a super ****ty desktop that struggled to do anything but it ran wc3 and bw really well(Might just be nostalgia.). While it might be that computer hardware improved a lot really quickly between 98-2004, it still doesn't excuse sc2's super poor optimization. With sc2 you need a "gaming" cpu to run it at medium settings.
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 October 2014, 11:04:13 by Johan »
Uh, stuff.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #912 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 12:16:43 »
Talking of BW, its one of the few games from that period that people still have problems running, hell I couldn't even get the BW SP to work properly and when I contacted support all they could do is offer me a refund...

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #913 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 12:20:23 »
Talking of BW, its one of the few games from that period that people still have problems running, hell I couldn't even get the BW SP to work properly and when I contacted support all they could do is offer me a refund...

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/StarCraft

some settings to get BW to run properly
though personally i haven't had any problems running SC or BW on my modern PCs as long as i was ok with 4:3 and black bars lol.

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #914 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 14:26:36 »
Main reason why dota and dota like games are so popular is wc3. The game could run on literally every PC cafe everywhere and not everyone had a pc with good conection at home back then. I was too young for BW launch but played it without problems on an older PC later on..

Offline xybre

• clickityclackclickityclack
    • Music and Stuff
« Reply #915 on: Mon, 20 October 2014, 15:55:24 »
I just  got SC2&HotS, the Terran single player campaign was awful. I mean, the gameplay was fine, but I'm sick of space rednecks. HotS is amazing, other the other hand. I play as Zerg whenever possible and use the same name on Bnet as here.
GON NerD 60 & Duck Eagle & Unicomp Ultra Classic & Das Keyboard Ultimate

Offline Johan

« Reply #916 on: Fri, 31 October 2014, 19:28:21 »
So many announcements.
Uh, stuff.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #917 on: Sat, 01 November 2014, 08:40:52 »
So many announcements.

Like what? All I've seen is the wcs changes

Offline Johan

« Reply #918 on: Sat, 01 November 2014, 13:04:48 »

So many announcements.

Kespa/proleague plans, felt like there were more at the time.
Uh, stuff.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #919 on: Sat, 01 November 2014, 13:25:31 »

So many announcements.

meh when I read your post I though LotV had been leaked or some ****

Offline Johan

« Reply #920 on: Sat, 01 November 2014, 13:27:19 »

So many announcements.

Inb4 they only announce a new ingame feature. Nah but I feel like lotv is semi confirmed. 
Uh, stuff.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #921 on: Sat, 01 November 2014, 13:45:10 »

So many announcements.

Inb4 they only announce a new ingame feature. Nah but I feel like lotv is semi confirmed. 

it is, they have given out LotV portraits with the blizzcon ticket thing and have put out an audio file which is just distorted noise on there twitter channel.

I recon they will show off a bunch of ****ty badly designed new units that don't even make the open beta... and change the bunker build time

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #922 on: Sat, 01 November 2014, 18:14:11 »

Man, if this is how WCS is going to be for the whole tournament, I think I'm done. Today has been a ****ing train wreck.

I'll start this rant with the casters as they are the most pervasive part of the stream and over-all production. No one has a voice, everyone chants the same ****, and it's all ****. When Blizzard had Incontrol doing the casting and other bits, there was a dynamic, Geoff has a personality that shines through and allows the others around him to open up and become more than just a face for a company's very expensive tournament. Without him, or anyone who can really replace what he gives a production there is no dynamic, everything is flat.
All the casters are so painfully desperate to **** each one of the players that non of them are able to point out when the players **** up, do something bad or make strange reads given on the information they are presented with. It's ****ing painful to watch and boring, all they say how great everyone there is and how amazing everything is.
On top of that all the casters say the same thing, over and over and like I said before this makes the whole production seem flat, it has no life, no dynamic... and not even Tastosis 2014 can save it.
On top of that the obs so far has been really pretty bad, I don't think much has been missed, but I feel like the camera is behind the game and struggles to catch up... and when you spend most of the game watching the mini-map and not the game screen, that's pretty bad... and something I don't feel happens in other Tournaments like GSL/Pro League or ESL.

But the worst thing is, the games have been mostly ****. **** games aren't really something you can blame anyone for but they are what they are... and thanks to the casting and the HYPE HYPE everyone is still amazed by diamond level play.

I hope something changes come Blizzcon...

Offline Johan

« Reply #923 on: Sat, 01 November 2014, 18:17:40 »
Heh, the marine split circlejerk is insane though. 
Uh, stuff.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #924 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 12:50:58 »
Taeja Vs SOo... Taeja was manually targeting his widow mines on SOo's banes while also micro'ing his bio... Was some of the sickest control shown and no one else noticed... Such casting much wow

Offline Johan

« Reply #925 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 13:24:42 »
I'm kinda sick of artosis in-general. He overhypes players, like all the other casters do this fine, but at least they don't make **** up while doing it. soO plays one of the most generic zvt styles, he has 5 options, 13-14 speedling pressure, hatch gas into speedling pressure,  hatch gas speedling pressure into roach bane, 2 hatch muta or a standard hatch gas into a early 6-6.30 min third with fast ups into ling bane muta.
Artosis proceeds to talk about soO as if he plays a revolutionary zvt style. Don't get me wrong I ****ing love soO, but he's not more intelligent/revolutionary/dr.dario   than the average high level zerg, he's a macro/mechanics beast. Which is why he shines at zvt, which is a matchup almost purely built on mechanics.
Uh, stuff.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #926 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 13:33:41 »
It's like they saw the international's noob stream and liked it so much they made one for wcs... And then forgot about making a proper stream for everyone else

Offline tbc

« Reply #927 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 13:57:53 »
did we watch the same tournament?

it went better than most sc2 events.

dh has some of the worst production and weirdest caster chitchat ever; geoff is really awkward, especially when he tries to passiveaggressive other casters.  if you're going to make it feel like a conversation, go hsc style.  otherwise, keep it as a presentation like they did it here and in most iems.

it's so nice not having 15min+ breaks between games in the same series and 30min+ breaks between every series.

i'll take smooth production over 'too cool for school' casters (really the only bad person is geoff)

EDIT:

i dunno about esl obsing being good.  i've seen kaelaris mess up all thr time. it's understandable, but still a mistake.
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 November 2014, 14:01:07 by tbc »
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline Johan

« Reply #928 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 14:10:51 »

dh has some of the worst production and weirdest caster chitchat ever; geoff is really awkward, especially when he tries to passiveaggressive other casters.  if you're going to make it feel like a conversation, go hsc style.  otherwise, keep it as a presentation like they did it here and in most iems.

it's so nice not having 15min+ breaks between games in the same series and 30min+ breaks between every series.

i'll take smooth production over 'too cool for school' casters (really the only bad person is geoff)
I feel like the production and everything going on around the event is fantastic, everything is pretty much perfect, except for artosis. Tasteless is alright, even if he has nothing to add, that's because I feel like his role isn't to add any form of analysis or knowledge.
But if you enter a casting session where you're going to be the "know it all" and then disregard whats actually happening, or make **** up about the players it just looks awful.
Uh, stuff.

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #929 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 14:28:15 »

EDIT:

i dunno about esl obsing being good.  i've seen kaelaris mess up all thr time. it's understandable, but still a mistake.

flo was doing the obs.  not the normal ESL obs

Offline Lain1911

• God of the Wired
« Reply #930 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 14:30:05 »
Taeja vs Innovation hype

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #931 on: Sun, 02 November 2014, 18:38:52 »

Apparently not...

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #932 on: Wed, 05 November 2014, 08:02:41 »

I'm getting mad lagg on ladder and after games I get **** like this... any idea what I can do?? I've asked everyone I've met on ladder if they are getting lag non of them seem too :/ wtf guys

Offline Johan

« Reply #933 on: Wed, 05 November 2014, 08:04:35 »
Seems like blizzard is doing stuff with WoW stuff, can't be related can it?
Uh, stuff.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #934 on: Wed, 05 November 2014, 08:27:30 »
idk... but I'm getting massive input lagg... I've played over 12 games today and all of them have had various amounts of lags and spikes :/

Offline Johan

« Reply #935 on: Wed, 05 November 2014, 08:28:23 »
No issues in other games? Tried other servers?
Uh, stuff.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #936 on: Wed, 05 November 2014, 08:29:02 »
No issues in other games? Tried other servers?

I don't play other games online and when I do a speed test (which I've done 5+times) I get a ping between 10 and 15.. :/

I could try other servers on sc2, but if those lag that could just be becasue they are in the US anyway...

Offline Johan

« Reply #937 on: Wed, 05 November 2014, 08:30:44 »
Try a different server, might be the blizz blizz humping around(I'm tired man I can't think properly.)
Uh, stuff.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #938 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 14:12:16 »
Announced changes for LotV

I am really looking forward to the changes to the economic system!

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/starcraft-2/470781-legacy-of-the-void-announced

General

Bases will now mine at maximum efficiency with 12 workers instead of 16 now
Starting workers: 12
Archon mode: http://instagram.com/p/vG6dQ6OkCP/ essentially team melee from BW with only one race (2 players control 1 base)
Minerals per patch: It was like 1500 before now it's 1000
Vague details about LotV plot/gameplay revealed (i.e. being able to use an orbiting ship to cause massive damage, necessary to deal with XelNaga)
Automated tournaments run once per day at a specific time, open to all players

LotV Trailer:
Terran
Cyclone: "Very mobile and can lock on to deal more damage and move while shooting. Big range. Good early game"
Herc: can do splash damage with an upgrade
Tanks: Can pick up seige tanks in seige mode with medivacs
Battle cruisers: warp to anywhere you have vision
Banshees: now range increased. Cloak comes default. Upgrade to make it move faster than any detection possible

Protoss
No reaver
Disruptor: "moving land mine", "robo Bay unit high gas fat and bulky but goes invulnerable 4 seconds and explodes for mass aoe damage"

Tempest: new long range ability that has a dot (500dmg over 50sec)
Carrier: moves quicker. 90sec build time. Can release interceptors all instantly and keep fighting even if carrier dies.
Nexus: starts with 14 supply now. Basically have to build a pylon straight away by 10 sec in
Warping: takes 8 seconds now and warping units take 200% damage. Zerg has unit to break forcefields
Oracle: Oracle also now has one revelation spell for revealing and detecting. Also new stasis ability
Photon Overcharge: Shoots Ground Only

Zerg

LURKERS ARE BACK: "same lurker model as hots campaign. Outranges protoss cannons. Spines easily dogable. Not sure about stop micro"
Swarm Hosts: now manual mode and no longer burrows. Upgrade for flying locust
Ravager: morphs out of the roach, "the ravager has a siege fireball that takes 3 sec to launch and destroys them."
Nydus worm: now invisible while burrowing. Not even detectable by cannons
Corruptors: have an ability to channel damage like a void ray. A few of them can kill a nexus in seconds

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #939 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 14:19:14 »
Lurker!!!!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #940 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 14:30:58 »
I really don't like the new Terran changes. idk about other match ups but in TvP terran is strongest in the early to mid game... and they just gave them HUGE early and mid game buffs... while nerfing WG... wtf the late game changes seem so meh...

...also now the new photo dsnt shoot air, your forced to open Stargate vs Z becasue now you only ONLY have cannons to defend mutas if u dont

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #941 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 14:31:13 »
All the changes look and sound awesome, but I am still sceptical.

I was just as hyped after HOTS was announced and most of the previewed units didn't even make it out of Beta...

Still, the changes seem to be more fundamental and gamebreaking which can only be good of the game  :thumb:

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #942 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 14:34:41 »
All the changes look and sound awesome, but I am still sceptical.

I was just as hyped after HOTS was announced and most of the previewed units didn't even make it out of Beta...

Still, the changes seem to be more fundamental and gamebreaking which can only be good of the game  :thumb:

I like the base changes to workers and minerals becasue that sounds pretty interesting... but, being selfish as a Protoss... the same problems seem to emerge... how do you deal with using ur robo... the new AOE unit seems like a ****ty Collosus... and mutas are still an issue :/

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #943 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 14:59:23 »
Ane info on dates or at least beta access?

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #944 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 15:31:14 »

Don't think so. The game isn't complete yet I think. It was just a sneak preview.
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #945 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 15:34:54 »

Given how they did HotS and WoL it's probably fair to assume that early next year an open beta will creep out

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #946 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 15:58:10 »
realistically they need this game to come out either b4 WCS Season 1 or after blizzcon next year
So either this game has to release by January 2015, or it'll be holding until after nov. 2015.

Unless blizz says game balance be damned and screw up WCS balance.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #947 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 16:20:15 »
If beta comes out mid next year it seems reasonable for it to come out around November

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple

Offline Candyflip

• ★★★
« Reply #949 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 16:28:37 »
back on wcs topic, go go lifu last hope