Author Topic: *MY* New KBT PURE  (Read 5583 times)

Offline Harbec

*MY* New KBT PURE
« on: Mon, 22 April 2013, 14:36:55 »
Edited the title since it was a bit misleading to say the least.

Got this guy in the mail about a week and a half ago. Cherry MX Blues w/ 40A-L o-rings from WASD.
Loving it so far but I would like to get an aluminum case and backplate for it.
19450-0
19452-1
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 April 2013, 01:48:43 by Harbec »

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
Got a NIB KBT Pure
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 22 April 2013, 14:47:19 »
slightly misleading title considering there is a new model-ish-thing on the market.

Glad you like yours!  I love mine.  Best switch placement I've had on a keyboard, hands down.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
Re: New KBT PURE
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 22 April 2013, 14:49:25 »
You can order the plate from the GH60 group buy. Hurry, there are but hours left to order!
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Harbec

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 22 April 2013, 15:25:59 »
oh wow yea the title does seem misleading now that I look at it.  :eek:

Offline babyhands

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 22 April 2013, 15:57:02 »
They are such good looking keyboards  :)

Offline blueasjim

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 22 April 2013, 16:29:59 »
I'm enjoying mine. I got the reds and haven't used it for gaming yet, but plan on it. I love how small it is.
Vortex KBT PURE [MX Red] | CM Storm [MX Blue] | CM Storm [MX Red]

Offline vatin

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 22 April 2013, 23:14:05 »
Nice. Mine with red switch arrives in two months. Bought from mechanicalkeyboards.com and have a proxy ship them in by sea. I'll see whether I'll like it. Otherwise have to sell it for the ergodox in the next round.
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 April 2013, 23:18:34 by vatin »
OLKB Planck V6

Offline Harbec

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 23 April 2013, 01:47:32 »
I'm still trying to get used to the function layout. I have a sliding keyboard tray under my desk but I can't help but keep this thing on top so I can see it smiling at me when I walk into the room.

Offline blueasjim

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 23 April 2013, 11:23:19 »
I'm still trying to get used to the function layout. I have a sliding keyboard tray under my desk but I can't help but keep this thing on top so I can see it smiling at me when I walk into the room.

Wait until you replace the keys and forget the FN commands and stuff. o.O

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
Re: *MY* New KBT PURE
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 23 April 2013, 11:39:12 »

You NEVER forget pure FN commands.  They are sublime.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline blueasjim

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 23 April 2013, 11:40:55 »

I do. I'm A.D.D. :/
 :))

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 23 April 2013, 12:28:41 »

I am diagnosed as well.  Are you medicated and does the medication cause memory loss?

@ Harbec:  I love seeing my Pure on the desk.  So much more room!... for other keyboards

Offline blueasjim

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 23 April 2013, 12:52:15 »

I am diagnosed as well.  Are you medicated and does the medication cause memory loss?

@ Harbec:  I love seeing my Pure on the desk.  So much more room!... for other keyboards

I'm not medicated. I juggle it with work and as many side projects as I can muster. Which is probably why I got into this hobby.

And yes! So tiny! Ha :D

Offline hoonose

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 23 April 2013, 13:28:10 »
Awesome keyboard! I'm considering a pure, and there's one thing I'm wondering. Is it possible to map the right shift/ctrl/alt/winkey to the arrows (without holding fn), and have everything else work as expected (both with and without fn). If so, I don't see any reason why I'd pass on this board.

Offline orlando

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 23 April 2013, 13:31:03 »
Awesome keyboard! I'm considering a pure, and there's one thing I'm wondering. Is it possible to map the right shift/ctrl/alt/winkey to the arrows (without holding fn), and have everything else work as expected (both with and without fn). If so, I don't see any reason why I'd pass on this board.
If you hit fn+spacebar they become arrow keys. You don't have to hold fn for them work.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 23 April 2013, 13:31:39 »
What puzzles me is  why it's "kb-talking" and not "kb-typing"

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 23 April 2013, 13:37:06 »
FN+spacebar saves lives.

I'm not medicated. I juggle it with work and as many side projects as I can muster. Which is probably why I got into this hobby.

Good to hear man.  Sorry for such a blunt question.  I would have suggested you re-arrange your meds then.  I had black-outs on one kind which was supposed fix the problem I have going to sleep normally.

Offline blueasjim

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 23 April 2013, 13:39:48 »
FN+spacebar saves lives.

Good to hear man.  Sorry for such a blunt question.  I would have suggested you re-arrange your meds then.  I had black-outs on one kind which was supposed fix the problem I have going to sleep normally.

Oh wow. That sucks. I'm glad you got it all fixed though. It's crap when you can't sleep because you have a million thoughts running through your head at same time. Gaming helps that a lot too, I found.

Offline Harbec

« Reply #18 on: Tue, 23 April 2013, 13:50:17 »

Well I may or may not have already bought a set of Klaxon RA 2.0.....

Offline blueasjim

« Reply #19 on: Tue, 23 April 2013, 14:36:47 »

Well I may or may not have already bought a set of Klaxon RA 2.0.....

hate you. :P

Offline Hour

« Reply #20 on: Tue, 23 April 2013, 15:21:13 »
I`m thinking about getting the purple backlit version, let me know how much you like it over time! :)

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 25 April 2013, 14:09:46 »
PBT keys? I think we're twins :) It's great so far, and it's compact enough for me to bring it to both my work and home PCs.

Offline Harbec

« Reply #22 on: Sat, 27 April 2013, 09:44:13 »
PBT keys? I think we're twins :) It's great so far, and it's compact enough for me to bring it to both my work and home PCs.

Yea when I saw they had some that came with PBT, I pounced on it.

Offline iri

« Reply #23 on: Sat, 27 April 2013, 13:28:45 »
this is a nice keyboard with a nice layout.

and i too have some kind of a disorder (don't remember which) and too take meds to alleviate my desperate condition. i don't remember exactly which meds, as they cause blackouts. if i recall correctly, last time it was heroine. and it also helped my coughing!
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline dmreeves

« Reply #24 on: Sat, 27 April 2013, 18:33:38 »
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=42250.0 Here is my thread with pics of the KBT pure with reds and pbt caps I purchased about a month or so ago. I am loving every second of it, it's a very pleasant typing experience and coming from blacks the reds are a breath from heaven. I chose the pure over the Noppo Choc Mini, thanks to geekhack and am 100% sure that it was the right decision. Hoping that I can resist spending all the loose cash in my pocket on keycaps and accessories now =p

@op, Nice board. I'm not trying to thread jack you :)

What made you choose one that didn't wasn't backlit with LED's? And what kind of wrist rest is that?
« Last Edit: Sat, 27 April 2013, 18:43:38 by dmreeves »