Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4195113 times)

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #22650 on: Wed, 22 February 2017, 12:33:28 »
EMS shipping, left Vietnam on the 14.....tracking says it's still on route to Canada. :\
$100 shipping, did they put it on a boat?

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #22651 on: Sat, 25 February 2017, 02:29:32 »
Wow, a week and only two posts in the bothering you thread? People must be in a happy place in their lives right now!

I didn't get paid for all of my overtime this month which sucks... Missed out on like £300 because someone didn't read the form I filled out properly
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #22652 on: Sat, 25 February 2017, 05:46:47 »
Wow, a week and only two posts in the bothering you thread? People must be in a happy place in their lives right now!

I didn't get paid for all of my overtime this month which sucks... Missed out on like £300 because someone didn't read the form I filled out properly

This bothers me also, what a twat.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #22653 on: Sat, 25 February 2017, 05:52:08 »
Yeah. I really needed the money as well. It's alright, HR said that they will sort it out for next months paycheck, which is good news.

Offline noobas4urus

• Mod Munky of another realm
    • The Mod Zoo
« Reply #22654 on: Sat, 25 February 2017, 07:39:55 »
My kid got sick on Wednesday, still has a bad hacking cough,  and we fly to Disneyland tomorrow.  Wtf germs you suck
"You miss 100% of the raffles you don't enter."
-Wayne Gretzky

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #22655 on: Sat, 25 February 2017, 08:00:53 »
Yesterday it was 70F this morning it is 30F and snowing lightly.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #22656 on: Sat, 25 February 2017, 09:59:52 »
My kid got sick on Wednesday, still has a bad hacking cough,  and we fly to Disneyland tomorrow.  Wtf germs you suck

Hrrrmm.. worst thing is stuffie nose,  and mild headaches..   a mild half dose/ kids brand pain relief + decongestant, should make it functional for the most part..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22657 on: Sat, 25 February 2017, 10:00:26 »
Yesterday it was 70F this morning it is 30F and snowing lightly.

GLOBAL Warming..  we gonna die Spam..   if Spam dies first.. Tp4 dibs on Spam's electronics..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22658 on: Sat, 25 February 2017, 10:01:38 »

This bothers me also, what a twat.

Tp4 / epic command center lifestyle...

Offline Kilonzi

• Praise the sun!
« Reply #22659 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 04:40:17 »
My parcel is stuck in customs since Friday last week. That's unusual. Normally it takes one or two days at maximum.

I hope I will get it because in it is my second HHKB. The HHKB does not have the CE marking for the European Economic Area.

Offline Lansky

• Realest motherthocker
« Reply #22660 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 14:28:54 »
That the Nurmagomedov vs. Ferguson fight is off...  :mad:
Norbaforce (88UB, BKE Heavy, silenced), Noxary XRF (stock 87UB, 55g) Singa R2 (retooled MX Blacks w/ 68g catweewee springs), LZ GH V2 (V1 Zealios 67g), RAMA U80-A (Holy GSUS)

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #22661 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 14:37:19 »
Had a FedEx Pickup scheduled for work and it is getting late in the day so I called to check the status and they tell me the pickup already happened.

I let them know that couldn't be the case since I'm looking at the box sitting in my office.

The customer service agent proceeds to verify my address then tells me, "Oh, they went to a different address."

No idea where they went or what they picked up but my box is still sitting here....so we scheduled another pickup for Monday. :facepalm:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22662 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 15:39:31 »
Had a FedEx Pickup scheduled for work and it is getting late in the day so I called to check the status and they tell me the pickup already happened.

I let them know that couldn't be the case since I'm looking at the box sitting in my office.

The customer service agent proceeds to verify my address then tells me, "Oh, they went to a different address."

No idea where they went or what they picked up but my box is still sitting here....so we scheduled another pickup for Monday. :facepalm:

wouldn't it be easier to just drop it off at their station?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #22663 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 15:57:38 »

Sure but now it's a matter of principle. :P

And it's a big box that weighs over 30lbs...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22664 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 16:08:16 »

Sure but now it's a matter of principle. :P

And it's a big box that weighs over 30lbs...

I remember in work contracts they always have this section for if they required you to lift a box weighing 50 lbs..

hahahaha

Offline Kavik

« Reply #22665 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 16:44:28 »
I got probably the worst annual pay raise today when I was anticipating a somewhat substantial one for 1. finally realizing how much I've been screwed on pay compared to coworkers (apparently, you make less than new people who don't know squat if you've been here for years) and 2. making a bit of a stink about it and threatening to leave the company, job offer in hand. Oh, but that position I've been wanting in another department may be opening up soon; big whoop if the pay is still crap. I almost got up and left for good today because of this, but a cooler (read: wimpier) head prevailed.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22666 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 16:45:49 »
I got probably the worst annual pay raise today when I was anticipating a somewhat substantial one for 1. finally realizing how much I've been screwed on pay compared to coworkers (apparently, you make less than new people who don't know squat if you've been here for years) and 2. making a bit of a stink about it and threatening to leave the company, job offer in hand. Oh, but that position I've been wanting in another department may be opening up soon; big whoop if the pay is still crap. I almost got up and left for good today because of this, but a cooler (read: wimpier) head prevailed.

hahaha.. yea. that's how it works..  they do it for a reason though.. which is why in many segments of tech,  people hop alot.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #22667 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 17:07:26 »

hahaha.. yea. that's how it works..  they do it for a reason though.. which is why in many segments of tech,  people hop alot.

Yeah, it's pretty bizarre to me that I'd probably be making more money if I had quit a couple years ago and started over in the same position. And, yes, I am in tech. I'm stuck in the crappy part of a software company (support) when I'd rather be a developer. Other companies pay a lot more for support experience in this software... but I'm really tired of supporting it, so I feel a bit stuck.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #22668 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 17:07:42 »
Copping some shoes you really wanted online then receiving an email 5 days later saying that they sold your order to someone else in-store. **** you Kith, you unprofessional ****s.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #22669 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 17:39:06 »
Copping some shoes you really wanted online then receiving an email 5 days later saying that they sold your order to someone else in-store. **** you Kith, you unprofessional ****s.

The ****? **** that store

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22670 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 17:47:06 »

the probably didn't sell the shoes in store.. he prolly bought them for himself.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #22671 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 17:47:48 »

the probably didn't sell the shoes in store.. he prolly bought them for himself.

Either way, it's a good way to lose customers. Not like it really matters to them I'm sure......

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #22672 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 19:04:11 »

Either way, it's a good way to lose customers. Not like it really matters to them I'm sure......

Seriously. What kind of business does underhanded **** like that then expects return customers. They even SAID what they did in the email. I don't care what they get in stock anymore, Kith has lost my business forever with that move.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #22673 on: Fri, 03 March 2017, 20:03:11 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 13:05:06 by alienman82 »

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #22674 on: Sat, 04 March 2017, 10:32:23 »

This actually happened to a friend of mine but with a Porsche... He ordered a GT3RS two years ago, paid his deposit, then his allocation mysteriously disappeared... And the car he ordered miraculously turned up owned by one of the directors for the dealership franchise... *******s.

I am bothered that there's no interest in KOTM this month :'(

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #22675 on: Sat, 04 March 2017, 12:17:33 »
Son of a.
That sucks! I've been looking forward to this fight forever.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22676 on: Sat, 04 March 2017, 12:33:26 »

This actually happened to a friend of mine but with a Porsche... He ordered a GT3RS two years ago, paid his deposit, then his allocation mysteriously disappeared... And the car he ordered miraculously turned up owned by one of the directors for the dealership franchise... *******s.

I'm more worried that the keyboard fad is over. hahahahahha

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #22677 on: Sat, 04 March 2017, 12:40:58 »

Not me! I've built two boards his year and plan on building more and making a custom hand wired board and making keycaps and probably more! It never dies, only cycles, it's like love, like a circle.

Offline Lansky

• Realest motherthocker
« Reply #22678 on: Sat, 04 March 2017, 13:10:39 »
Son of a.

Me too, potentially the most interesting matchup of 2017...  :(
Norbaforce (88UB, BKE Heavy, silenced), Noxary XRF (stock 87UB, 55g) Singa R2 (retooled MX Blacks w/ 68g catweewee springs), LZ GH V2 (V1 Zealios 67g), RAMA U80-A (Holy GSUS)

Offline ANightOnCloudNine

« Reply #22679 on: Sat, 04 March 2017, 13:35:43 »

Not me! I've built two boards his year and plan on building more and making a custom hand wired board and making keycaps and probably more! It never dies, only cycles, it's like love, like a circle.
how fun is building customs?

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #22680 on: Sat, 04 March 2017, 13:37:01 »

I really enjoy it. It's nice and methodical so it is pretty soothing.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #22681 on: Sat, 04 March 2017, 13:37:55 »

Yup! Switch tuning is tedious but rewarding and soothing as well.

Also feels rewarding to finish one.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #22682 on: Sat, 04 March 2017, 13:39:04 »

Yeah switch tuning is the worst part but once it is done it's really awesome to get to use the new board. Feels a lot better than buying a complete one.

« Reply #22683 on: Sat, 04 March 2017, 13:59:03 »

Yeah switch tuning is the worst part but once it is done it's really awesome to get to use the new board. Feels a lot better than buying a complete one.
ill take the words of a shark and giraffe, i might build one in the future.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #22684 on: Sat, 04 March 2017, 14:03:33 »

It also taught me how to solder :)

Looking forward to seeing what you build in the future!

« Reply #22685 on: Sat, 04 March 2017, 14:09:40 »

It also taught me how to solder :)

Looking forward to seeing what you build in the future!
will prob go for a super silent linear build tbh, i like quiet, small keyboards

« Reply #22686 on: Sat, 04 March 2017, 19:44:50 »
Irresponsible parents letting their autistic kid be an absolute nuisance. And spread germs that can hospitalize me.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #22687 on: Sat, 04 March 2017, 22:52:34 »
Son of a.

Completely agree.
Definitely the matchup I've been most looking forward to.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22688 on: Sat, 04 March 2017, 23:12:00 »
Son of a.

Completely agree.
Definitely the matchup I've been most looking forward to.

Could someone explain UFC rules to me.. ?

It seems odd sometimes where  one guy would obviously not follow sportsman like conduct and be so aggressive as to win the fight right away.

And other times, they seem to drag it out, and you know, NOT try to kill each other..

Then SOmetimes they start aggressive but then when a person could probably end the fight,  suddenly they get all buddy buddy and NOT take the win..

I mean,  my take is that it's fixed like boxing..  but.. still.. if ya'll got more indepth knowledge into how their system works..

let me no.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #22689 on: Sun, 05 March 2017, 06:58:35 »
My laziness. I installed i3pystatus about a week ago but I've yet to enable it or configure the python modules. I need to do this before I start on my Arch installation.

In other news, you all were right. Finally got the refund for the thermal paste that never showed up. This time I ordered from a different Amazon seller :-X

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #22690 on: Mon, 06 March 2017, 08:23:10 »
I'm beyond frustrated with my job.

It's been a long time since I didn't want to come to work but my blood pressure is up, tense neck and I even woke up with a headache dreading coming to work today.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #22691 on: Mon, 06 March 2017, 09:15:41 »

It's been a long time since I didn't want to come to work but my blood pressure is up, tense neck and I even woke up with a headache dreading coming to work today.

What do you do?

I never want to come to my job. It used to be constant dread every day to the point of ruining my free time. Then I got somewhat used to it. Now it's like a constant nagging feeling that I'm wasting my life away doing something I don't like, which occasionally turns to dread. Now the all-out dread usually only happens on Sunday nights though when I've had enough days off to realize what real life is like. I just completed five years.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22692 on: Mon, 06 March 2017, 13:21:21 »

What do you do?

I never want to come to my job. It used to be constant dread every day to the point of ruining my free time. Then I got somewhat used to it. Now it's like a constant nagging feeling that I'm wasting my life away doing something I don't like, which occasionally turns to dread. Now the all-out dread usually only happens on Sunday nights though when I've had enough days off to realize what real life is like. I just completed five years.

Take the initiative to look for interesting novelties in ones occupation..

If the approach is A to B,  then that straight line is all one would get out of it..

Perhaps begin by asking very simple questions,  How would you improve / make more efficient what you do ?

Don't worry about the purpose of the posit,  merely accept that a change is of worth and may even be a necessity on its own, if only to maintain your sanity.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #22693 on: Tue, 07 March 2017, 00:12:22 »

I understand that all too well.  I wanted to go off on a co-worker today since they act like a spoiled child at times, but I kept it in.

Offline ygor

• eat a butt, monkey lord
« Reply #22694 on: Tue, 07 March 2017, 02:30:50 »
Why is it always Cache. ****, man.
I generally hate all keycaps. Keycaps are for poofs. Real men touchtype on stems. Non-functional artisans are awesome, I use them for the ESC key ... escape is for cowards anyways, real men go frontal assault.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #22695 on: Tue, 07 March 2017, 08:24:52 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 13:04:40 by alienman82 »

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #22696 on: Tue, 07 March 2017, 08:33:17 »

Uncheck it when you're finding a match ha.

I've been practicing mirage only lately

if only overwatch had this system..

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #22697 on: Thu, 09 March 2017, 02:39:14 »
I'm stuck at work with a package on the way!

Offline ygor

• eat a butt, monkey lord
« Reply #22698 on: Thu, 09 March 2017, 04:09:33 »

Uncheck it when you're finding a match ha.

I've been practicing mirage only lately

I only play ESEA these days (three map pool minimum)...  :confused:
I generally hate all keycaps. Keycaps are for poofs. Real men touchtype on stems. Non-functional artisans are awesome, I use them for the ESC key ... escape is for cowards anyways, real men go frontal assault.

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22699 on: Thu, 09 March 2017, 20:57:25 »
Quite a while ago I was on the Deskthority group buy for the Phantom skeleton cases that ended up not fitting the PCB because it had spacing on the F-row that was off. I threw the whole project to the side. Recently I had extra time and money on my hands and got motivated to do a hand wired build with it.

I tried a few different MX switches and Gaterons and they're loose, they pop out of the holes quite easily. They also shift side to side. It's all in all now become scrap metal to me. Even sourcing a GON or winkeyless PCB seems fruitless because of this sloppy switch fitment. I think I'm going to scrap the entire idea of ever getting a Phantom build completed and go another route. This PCB has been soldered up and ready to go for like, 2 years now. Still it sits.
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g