Author Topic: Hate glasses shopping.  (Read 2602 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Hate glasses shopping.
« on: Sat, 04 November 2023, 11:18:05 »
Should've just bought 100 pairs.  >:D

Sigh.

New glasses are awful, it's like your whole world is upside down.

Inconsistency is Weakness, but that might just be the autism. ;D

Where do you guys buy your glasses?  Tp4 used that Zennioptical, but they discontinued the one Tp4 always got. ffffffffffff

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Hate glasses shopping.
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 04 November 2023, 14:45:39 »
30 years ago my friend got Flexon  https://www.flexon.com/  frames and I knew that I would have to get some, too. I am on my 4th set of frames now - 1 eventually gave up the ghost after more than a decade, 1 got stepped on (not by me), and I lost the 3rd a year or 2 ago (when I felt sure that they were in their case in my coat pocket but apparently they had fallen out). Memory metal frames are stupid expensive and if they didn't last so long I could not possibly justify buying them.

I keep lenses for 2-5 years and have them put back into my existing frames. Last time I had my exam by an opthamologist and glasses from Lenscrafters.

But if you are referring to reading glasses, then yes, I buy the cheapest ones I can find and have a couple of dozen pairs - usually multiples in each room at home.

« Last Edit: Sat, 04 November 2023, 14:47:23 by fohat.digs »
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 04 November 2023, 22:00:06 »
Ugh... it's like cloth shopping.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 05 November 2023, 03:36:28 »
ZO has always delivered me the illest fitting, ugliest, thickest glasses imaginable. Cheap as **** though, so no argument there.

I'd rather pay $500-1k for a nice designer pair that will last me 3-4 years and look great. It's your face bro, your glasses define your entire look and how people see you. Perhaps the last fashion item you should cheap out on imo

lol I don't even use my insurance for frames, I always get the ones my insurance doesn't cover

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 05 November 2023, 06:57:39 »
You forget NT, Tp4 = a p00r,  that kind of debility follows you,  expensive glasses or otherwise.   :cool:

Offline mohawk1367

• Typing on: HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 06 November 2023, 06:50:56 »
i like having nice glasses so i saved up for a pair of Burberry. i previously had Versace but not gonna lie they kind of sucked lol. they were beautiful and really sleek but the build quality left much to be desired. the burberry ones are so far really solid though compared to the versace ones

(really weird since im pretty sure they're made by the same manufacturer lol)
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 08 November 2023, 03:02:24 »
Don't get me started on glassess....
I wear glasses since i was 8. For last 18 years or so, since I moved to UK, I keep having issues with every single new pair - VIsion Express.
Every time I go to get a new one, like every 4 years, they ALWAYS make soem mistakes, it alwyas doesn't work first time, there are issues with glass, with correction, axis, level of corrected area etc. It takes 3 turns to get it right and to be honest I'm never satisfied with the result. Frames are always good as I pick them - always pick designers frames that look awesome, I never save on frames, like NT said :)

Anyway, getting a new pair is always a nightmare for me, at least it happens every 4 years, so not to bad...
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 08 November 2023, 21:47:13 »
What are some decent frames that are more budget focused, like a durable pair that won't break the bank too much.

just was using a nike frame for a while but they don't last that long at least in my experience, look pretty alright though.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 16 November 2023, 18:37:58 »
Maybe don't shop for hate glasses.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 17 November 2023, 03:06:49 »
What are some decent frames that are more budget focused, like a durable pair that won't break the bank too much.

just was using a nike frame for a while but they don't last that long at least in my experience, look pretty alright though.

If you can find some cheap German frames, I feel like the Germans make the best frames.