Author Topic: What are you watching? The thread about what you're watching.  (Read 392826 times)

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
Re: What are you watching? The thread about what you're watching.
« Reply #650 on: Sun, 29 March 2020, 20:48:59 »
If anything Jeff set him up.
Jeff wasn't in the picture when her husband disappeared, she had already remarried by then (it took 2 years to declare him dead).

As for the idea of Jeff setting up Joe, the zoo was in Jeff's name, all he had to do was fire him.

The real question is Marc Thompson, who Joe first asked to do it. Thompson was an ex-cop working as a security guard and may have already been working undercover at that point due to so many credible threats made against Carole by Joe over the years. Did the feds ask Jeff to bring him in as part of a plea bargain? We know Joe did try to hire an undercover FBI agent, it may have been him or it could be someone else. Hard to say.

I think proving it was entrapment or even a setup would be difficult, this was Joe asking him to kill someone directly.

I think it was 5 years to declare him dead.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #651 on: Sun, 29 March 2020, 21:11:33 »
Oh, you meant did Carole kill her previous husband? Yes definitely.

Offline fatcoffeebeans

« Reply #652 on: Sun, 29 March 2020, 21:24:06 »
Currently a star wars marathon!
Topre Realforce 45g 87u

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #653 on: Sun, 29 March 2020, 21:58:40 »
So your fem-radar is not detecting anything unusual/sinister about Carole Baskins.

In ur opinion, what are the signs of a female capable of mariticide (husband murdar)
Oh, she's wackadoodle.
Maybe she did, maybe she didn't there's just too many other ways for him to disappear to be sure.
Regardless, I certainly do not think she fed him to a tiger, that's just stupid and lazy speculation. What happens if someone notices before the body is gone or something is left behind?

And that I think is my biggest problem with the idea she did it, the tiger is what makes the story enticing. It's simply too good of a story, without that it's much more boring and why no one wants to consider it. Boring almost always wins in something like this.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #654 on: Sun, 29 March 2020, 22:12:03 »
Oh, she's wackadoodle.
Maybe she did, maybe she didn't there's just too many other ways for him to disappear to be sure.
Regardless, I certainly do not think she fed him to a tiger, that's just stupid and lazy speculation. What happens if someone notices before the body is gone or something is left behind?

Tigers easily crunch into bones to get at the marrow,  and given they had multiple tigers, and lots of meat and bone passing through their disposal,   All she had to do was bash the more recognizable bones into smaller pieces, and the tiger should take care of the rest, it'd be impossible to recognize post meal thrown in with the rest of the animal carcasses

Offline Kavik

« Reply #655 on: Mon, 30 March 2020, 00:49:26 »
I just re-watched Blade Runner for the first time in at least a decade.

It truly is one of the greatest films of all time, but how do they explain it raining all the time in LA?

I'm not sure why, but I've never been able to get into that movie despite the accolades it receives. Maybe I have a hard time seeing the subtleties of the plot through the atmosphere. I watched it again recently because I thought maybe I was just too young the first time I saw it, but I felt the same after my second viewing. I tried watching the newer one with Ryan Gosling after it, but I only made it a few minutes in - I think I got distracted and just never made it back to it.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #656 on: Mon, 30 March 2020, 00:57:50 »
Normally when an animal like that tastes a human they put them down, scared they will get a taste for it.
Feeding him to a tiger or tigers, puts her and her staff at higher risk of attack later, something I just don't think she would do. She may have hated her husband, but i don;t think she would risk the animals or staff that way.

Also, he disappeared in 1997, DNA testing was a thing by then, if they found even a sliver of bone she's be done. Maybe had it happened in the 80's, but by then most people had at least some idea about DNA testing.

Anyhow, here's someone who was there at the time doing some tweets, there was so much more they just didn't have time for.
https://twitter.com/robertmoor_/status/1242249759156367360
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #657 on: Mon, 30 March 2020, 08:22:17 »

Maybe I have a hard time seeing the subtleties of the plot through the atmosphere.

I had read the book that it was (very loosely) based on several years before the movie was made, and I am big Philip K **** fan in general. Most of the sub-plots (**** books are usually rife with them) had been stripped out already, artificial animals for example, a big theme, was reduced to "Is that a real snake?" - "Do you think I would be working in a place like this if I could afford a real snake?"

The only real plot, to which everything else was secondary, is the status of artificial personhood.

But, like I said, I too never understood the bizarre and incongruous atmosphere. But aspects of that have become SF movie staples, having settings like Middle Ages third-world style street bazaars or deteriorating dripping abandoned warehouses interspersed with FTL space ships - eg Star Wars, Firefly, etc. 
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #658 on: Mon, 30 March 2020, 14:13:19 »
Just watched Knives Out.
Pretty good comedy/crime story. I liked it.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #659 on: Mon, 30 March 2020, 14:32:54 »
Homeland and Westworld off the DVR today.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline phinix

« Reply #660 on: Mon, 30 March 2020, 18:42:33 »
Just watched Dark Waters.
Interesting subject, good movie, recommended.
Tomorrow I'm throwing away all my teflon pans...
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #661 on: Mon, 30 March 2020, 18:54:24 »

I didn't understand the movie,  is it just that chemical, or is it ALL teflon.

Where's  Chyros.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #662 on: Mon, 30 March 2020, 19:37:56 »

I didn't understand the movie,  is it just that chemical, or is it ALL teflon.

Where's  Chyros.

There was a documentary about this a few years ago (Possibly The Devil We Know), this sounds like a movie version of it (working to see it now).

The chemical in particular is
Perfluorooctanoic acid - better known as C8, it's a primary ingredient in PTFE (Teflon is a brand of PTFE).

This stuff never goes away (the environment or your bloodstream) and is found inside everything now, it's toxic as hell and leads to multiple forms of cancer and birth defects. It was mostly phased out in by 2015 when most manufacturers stopped making (I can't confirm if China stopped using it), however, they developed a new version now called C9, which is only a slightly different formulation and is suspected to be just as bad but since it's a new compound all testing has to start anew, and since the US doesn't pro-actively test chemicals like this it will be years before we know for certain. Yay.

Best advice, at the very least remove it from cookware (especially pots and pans), overheating and burning is the biggest threat as it will off-gas and leech, room temp solids are supposed to be safe. If you have a 3d printer, make sure you never over heat the hot end, better still, place the printer in a closet with a hepa filter that contains activated carbon.
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 March 2020, 19:44:20 by Leslieann »
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #663 on: Tue, 31 March 2020, 01:23:40 »
Picard - Finished it, ending could have been stronger.
Devs - Great show, real mind-f
Westworld - Season 3 is more linear, but still a brainbuster
The Expanse - On season 2 right now, great show that I never watched
RF87U 55g (damaged)  |  AV3 w/POM Plate  |  Thermal (to be built)  |  ID80v1 (to be rebuilt)  |  Tokyo60

Offline iri

« Reply #664 on: Tue, 31 March 2020, 04:56:48 »
Could be shrunk by half an hour without losing anything.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Shapey Fiend

« Reply #665 on: Tue, 31 March 2020, 07:32:48 »
Been watching Devs as well. Build has maybe been a bit better than the payoffs (so far) but we'll see. It's nicely shot anyway.

Brockmire has just started up again. I was thinking, great, something light. But by coincidence this season is set in a future where the world is full of disease and they're burning bodies in the streets.

Offline invariance

• ...here with all the other boson's
« Reply #667 on: Sun, 05 April 2020, 19:02:59 »
We just finished watching the Tiger King as well.
Besides the unhinged nature of all of the main ’characters’ and the menagerie of misfits and criminals in tow, it was a well constructed train wreck.
My wife and I nearly wet ourselves when Joe Exotic said “I would like to introduce my wife, but he is at home feeding our brand new baby kangaroo”.
The only BS I
want to hear is
from a Model M:
PN:1391401
DOB: 04FEB87
      Wyse 85      Mtek K104
SMK Blue: Chicony KB-5181; HyperX Aqua: HyperX Alloy Origins *Yet-to-rebuild: A 69 key C. P. Clare Foam & Foil assy *Rubber: Digital LK46W-A2; uSoft Natural Pro RT9401, Natural Multimedia 1.0A RT9470, Natural Ergonomic 4000 KU-0460; "Avid" Sejin SLKR2233; "Diamond Touch" Mitsubishi 6511-PB

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #668 on: Sun, 05 April 2020, 19:13:40 »
Besides the unhinged nature of all of the main ’characters’ and the menagerie of misfits and criminals in tow, it was a well constructed train wreck.
My wife and I nearly wet ourselves when Joe Exotic said “I would like to introduce my wife, but he is at home feeding our brand new baby kangaroo”.

also the whole ghey4meth situation.. yikez0rz.

Offline invariance

• ...here with all the other boson's
« Reply #669 on: Sun, 05 April 2020, 19:27:13 »

also the whole ghey4meth situation.. yikez0rz.
Yes.  Maybe it needs the subtitle “How to keep your husband enslaved “
I noticed how the subtitle for John went from husband to ex-husband and the number of teeth diminished, then when they gave more background on Travis it all made sense.
The only BS I
want to hear is
from a Model M:
PN:1391401
DOB: 04FEB87
      Wyse 85      Mtek K104
SMK Blue: Chicony KB-5181; HyperX Aqua: HyperX Alloy Origins *Yet-to-rebuild: A 69 key C. P. Clare Foam & Foil assy *Rubber: Digital LK46W-A2; uSoft Natural Pro RT9401, Natural Multimedia 1.0A RT9470, Natural Ergonomic 4000 KU-0460; "Avid" Sejin SLKR2233; "Diamond Touch" Mitsubishi 6511-PB

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #670 on: Sun, 05 April 2020, 19:33:41 »
Recommended Tiger Kong to my dad who watched the first episode and hated it.

Been blazing through the seasons of Fargo, already halfway done with s03. I do think the first season was the best, the other two hinge on people doing really really dumb things. Apparently they are all based upon true stories so I dunno.

Offline phinix

« Reply #671 on: Mon, 06 April 2020, 02:45:56 »

Been blazing through the seasons of Fargo, already halfway done with s03. I do think the first season was the best, the other two hinge on people doing really really dumb things. Apparently they are all based upon true stories so I dunno.

This is one of the best tv shows on my list. I loved it. Loved the story, music, characters, editing.
Have you seen the movie? Its good to see it too, as first season is based on its story.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #672 on: Mon, 06 April 2020, 02:55:39 »

This is one of the best tv shows on my list. I loved it. Loved the story, music, characters, editing.
Have you seen the movie? Its good to see it too, as first season is based on its story.

Oh it's a fantastic movie. They nailed the casting, everyone is perfect.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #673 on: Mon, 06 April 2020, 05:30:12 »
Trying to get through all dat Star Wars,  some of these movies are quite boring.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #674 on: Mon, 06 April 2020, 09:55:28 »
Trying to get through all dat Star Wars,  some of these movies are quite boring.

Prequels?  Or do you find some of the others boring as well?

Fargo TV show is very good (as is the movie, but... of course - Coen Brothers).  I have a hard time transitioning between the seasons though.  Need some sort of a gap to reset my brain.  The intense climax of one season leading in to a lull of setup in the next makes it too jarring apparently.  I think it's about time to give the third season another try.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #675 on: Mon, 06 April 2020, 09:59:16 »

Watchn' the whole series on the latest 4K discs,  Everyone's still disappointed in the prequels, low res CGI + heavy degrain/denoise algorithms kill detail..

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #676 on: Mon, 06 April 2020, 10:02:49 »

Watchn' the whole series on the latest 4K discs,  Everyone's still disappointed in the prequels, low res CGI + heavy degrain/denoise algorithms kill detail..

Ahhh, yup.  Makes sense.  What order are you watching in?  Chronological, episodic, machete? 

Did Lucas muck things up further in the 4k release, or have things stayed mostly the same since the Blu-ray release? 

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #677 on: Mon, 06 April 2020, 10:37:23 »
Ahhh, yup.  Makes sense.  What order are you watching in?  Chronological, episodic, machete? 

Did Lucas muck things up further in the 4k release, or have things stayed mostly the same since the Blu-ray release? 

I'mma watch it once in release order, and once in chronological.

Things are mostly the same from the Blu-ray, they've been re-colorized, so the tone is much more natural looking vs the old jazzed-up colors on the blurays.

The plot/cgi/cutting is the same as lucas's bray rework.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #678 on: Mon, 06 April 2020, 15:58:44 »

I'mma watch it once in release order, and once in chronological.

Things are mostly the same from the Blu-ray, they've been re-colorized, so the tone is much more natural looking vs the old jazzed-up colors on the blurays.

The plot/cgi/cutting is the same as lucas's bray rework.

Personal rankings of the only ones that matter:

1. Empire Strikes Back
2. Return of the Jedi
3. A New Hope
4. Revenge of the Sith
5. Rogue One
6. Solo
6. Phantom Menace
7. The Force Awakens
9. Attack of the Clones (it's so bad it skipped position 8 )
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 April 2020, 16:00:40 by noisyturtle »

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #679 on: Mon, 06 April 2020, 20:46:18 »
Right now watching Sponge Bob w/ my 5yr old son, lol.
Just watched the new Bad Boys, it was meh but still hit that spot for senseless action movie.  I have Train to Busan, Snow Piercer, Vavarium, and a few other movies lined up to watch next.  Also I did enjoy Hunters - fairly well done series that gets the hamster moving in my head.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #680 on: Mon, 06 April 2020, 21:36:48 »
Right now watching Sponge Bob w/ my 5yr old son

Find "Patrick Smart Pants" it is the best episode ever.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #681 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 03:35:36 »
One episode into Devs. All the characters perfectly embody the self-important castrated and sheltered robotic pricks I hate in the tech industry. So they got that part right, although it doesn't do much for making me feel anything but disdain for all of them.

ahh, it's getting better by the 2nd ep
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 April 2020, 05:01:53 by noisyturtle »

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #682 on: Thu, 09 April 2020, 07:31:31 »
One episode into Devs. All the characters perfectly embody the self-important castrated and sheltered robotic pricks I hate in the tech industry. So they got that part right, although it doesn't do much for making me feel anything but disdain for all of them.

Looks like an interesting series. Might have to give that a go later on.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #683 on: Sat, 11 April 2020, 04:16:21 »

well that last episode was dumb as ****. If I gave you a gun and said you are about to shoot yourself, would you do it? No, right? I could barely get through that drivel. The entire theme is so defeatist it's annoying.
« Last Edit: Sat, 11 April 2020, 04:45:36 by noisyturtle »

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #684 on: Sat, 11 April 2020, 11:38:40 »
Just finished Season 1 of Mythic Quest, was funnier than I expected.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #685 on: Sat, 11 April 2020, 15:14:54 »
Ozark.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #686 on: Sat, 11 April 2020, 20:34:17 »

well that last episode was dumb as ****. If I gave you a gun and said you are about to shoot yourself, would you do it? No, right? I could barely get through that drivel. The entire theme is so defeatist it's annoying.

I'm finding the deterministic model as presented in this show flawed given what you've detailed above.  While there is a certain amount of mystery as to what happens if somebody "jumps off the tram
 after seeing the future, I have no idea why that character did what they did.  Having said that, Allison Pill's character is a monster and I am enjoying watching that.
RF87U 55g (damaged)  |  AV3 w/POM Plate  |  Thermal (to be built)  |  ID80v1 (to be rebuilt)  |  Tokyo60

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #687 on: Sat, 11 April 2020, 22:43:51 »

I'm finding the deterministic model as presented in this show flawed given what you've detailed above.  While there is a certain amount of mystery as to what happens if somebody "jumps off the tram
 after seeing the future, I have no idea why that character did what they did.  Having said that, Allison Pill's character is a monster and I am enjoying watching that.

Well it only looks confusing if you believe the older notion of determinism VS free-will.

In actuality both are true.

Determinism does not conflict with choice.

You still choose, but your choice is already determined by the sum of concurrent events.

It's not illustrated well in the way they framed it.

However, consider this,  the guy hands you a gun, tells you he's seen you shoot yourself, so why would you do it.

Well that's the wrong question. You as the person now with the gun, asking yourself why you'd shoot yourself is irrelevant.  The stress of the situation, the events leading up till now, all of those things, Gamma rays from space,  the entirety of the universe compounds into the Decision to shoot oneself.

It feels like a choice, and the person Does Choose from his perspective, however he couldn't have chosen otherwise.

Having a choice is only consequence of the imperfect cognition that the arbitrary circle of space is capable of. It is only a partition of the whole, the partition is uncertain, while the whole is certain.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #688 on: Sun, 12 April 2020, 15:14:35 »
watched blade runner and scary movie 3.5 all in one day

Offline phinix

« Reply #689 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 17:44:51 »
I watched The Blues Brothers.
I remember watching it when I was maybe 7 years old. Now it looks a bit weird, but still, cool movie.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #690 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 18:01:27 »

Now it looks a bit weird,

All of the original crop of Saturday Night Live TV and spin-off movies are kind of painful to watch now.

They were all written by writers who were stoned into near incoherence and played by actors who were wasted at levels that would put elephants into comas. Consequently many of the routines were so stupid that you just had to cringe through them, and wait for those occasional gems that were genuinely hilarious.

That was how I felt decades ago when I watched them when they were new (Dan Aykroyd is 2 weeks younger than me). Today, the vapid parts are even more excruciating, but the funny parts are still funny.

Offline lakeboredom

« Reply #691 on: Mon, 13 April 2020, 18:17:33 »
Just discovered MAL sync so.. lots and lots of anime.
Promised Neverland, Demon Slayer, Made in Abyss, and Vinland Saga are all worth watching.
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 April 2020, 20:09:43 by lakeboredom »

Offline phinix

« Reply #692 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 03:56:04 »

All of the original crop of Saturday Night Live TV and spin-off movies are kind of painful to watch now.

They were all written by writers who were stoned into near incoherence and played by actors who were wasted at levels that would put elephants into comas. Consequently many of the routines were so stupid that you just had to cringe through them, and wait for those occasional gems that were genuinely hilarious.

That was how I felt decades ago when I watched them when they were new (Dan Aykroyd is 2 weeks younger than me). Today, the vapid parts are even more excruciating, but the funny parts are still funny.

Yeah, exactly!
Some scenes are so stupida, that you have to drag yourself through those and wait for better parts. Like that first police chase scene...
It reminds me of those scenes from that movie series where BErt Reynold was driving fast cars... Gumball? Cannonball?

These are old, for example old as all Chavy Chase movies, but I can watch Spies like Us 100 times and it never gets old and stupid :D

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #693 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 05:10:44 »

Blues Bros and Wayne's World are bad? Huh, guess I have terrible taste.

I also loved McGruber, it was legit funny.

the rest do suck though

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #694 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 08:07:22 »

All of the original crop of Saturday Night Live TV and spin-off movies

Blues Bros and Wayne's World are bad?

I would call Mike Meyers something like 3rd generation SNL and Wayne's World was far more self-aware than the early stuff.

Bill Murray brought in a very different vibe when he more or less replaced Chevy Chase, and most of what he is involved in holds up better.

As far as those road-race movies go, Gumball Rally was the first and, in my opinion, the standard-bearer.

(if you want white knuckles rather than laughs, give Vanishing Point a spin)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #695 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 16:38:16 »

All of the original crop of Saturday Night Live TV and spin-off movies

Blues Bros and Wayne's World are bad?

I would call Mike Meyers something like 3rd generation SNL and Wayne's World was far more self-aware than the early stuff.

Bill Murray brought in a very different vibe when he more or less replaced Chevy Chase, and most of what he is involved in holds up better.

As far as those road-race movies go, Gumball Rally was the first and, in my opinion, the standard-bearer.

(if you want white knuckles rather than laughs, give Vanishing Point a spin)

Ever seen Death Race 2000?

Offline Kavik

« Reply #696 on: Tue, 14 April 2020, 23:57:05 »
I started watching Garth Marenghi's Darkplace because anything with Richard Ayoade or Matt Berry is hilarious. It's a blessing and a curse that the Brits make entire shows that are only 6 episodes.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #697 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 03:53:34 »
Someone sell me on Ozark, I'm right on the fence if I wanna watch it or not.

Offline phinix

« Reply #698 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 08:21:43 »
Someone sell me on Ozark, I'm right on the fence if I wanna watch it or not.

If you haven't seen it at all, I would definitely watch it.
Loved the first season, other two were a bit worse, but still there were some cool moments.

"Picture this, I'm a bag of ****s, Put me to your lips, I am sick, I will punch a baby bear in his ****" :)
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 April 2020, 10:01:22 by phinix »

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #699 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 09:20:05 »
I plan on marathoning Ozarks Season 1 to current, heard nothing but positives about the show.  Currently catching up on Season 3 of WestWorld (love the series) and watching Season 2 of American Gods.
Really wish they did a season 4 of Into the BadLands - awesome series that AMC left on a cliffhanger.