Author Topic: What are you watching? The thread about what you're watching.  (Read 392642 times)

Offline fatcoffeebeans

Re: What are you watching? The thread about what you're watching.
« Reply #700 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 09:47:26 »
Carole definitely killed her husband guys
Topre Realforce 45g 87u

Offline fliz

« Reply #702 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 12:18:49 »
I started going through a list of top Star Trek TNG episodes because we watched Picard.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #703 on: Wed, 15 April 2020, 13:13:30 »

because we watched Picard.

I watched Picard and enjoyed it pretty well all the way up until the last episode, but that wrap-up was so absurd and implausible that it made me want to scream.

Everything about it sucked but to have a colossal fleet just materialize on seconds/minutes/hours of notice was absolutely too much.

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline fatcoffeebeans

Topre Realforce 45g 87u

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #705 on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 08:30:34 »
Everything about it sucked but to have a colossal fleet just materialize on seconds/minutes/hours of notice was absolutely too much.

?? Why ?? They have warp engines. and they're not very far away ??

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #706 on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 09:19:06 »
Wyfe and I binged "I Am Not Okay With This" on Netflix. It is like "Stranger Things" with more angst, cursing and weed.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #707 on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 09:28:45 »
Wyfe and I binged "I Am Not Okay With This" on Netflix. It is like "Stranger Things" with more angst, cursing and weed.

Read this post 2 fast,  thought you said: Wife and I binged I'm not okay with this while imbibing more angst, cursing and weed.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #708 on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 11:38:46 »

Read this post 2 fast,  thought you said: Wife and I binged I'm not okay with this while imbibing more angst, cursing and weed.

Right now I could use less angst and more weed (even though I haven't touched the **** in 20 years).
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #709 on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 12:07:00 »

Right now I could use less angst and more weed (even though I haven't touched the **** in 20 years).

In the fanfic, Absyr quit skool, dealt weed, got robbed, started pimping to get back on his feet, made the rebound stack, went hard drugs, rich and famous, divorce, high on his own supply, shot by rival gangsters.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #710 on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 15:06:53 »

They have warp engines. and they're not very far away

So, even though it took days for the Romulans to get there, Riker, after Picard left the mountain cabin, got his commission activated, convinced Starfleet to do a complete 180 on ironclad policies that had been in place for years, AND get hundreds of the top tier warships to the hidden planet.

All of that in <48 hours? I don't think so.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #711 on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 15:26:45 »
So, even though it took days for the Romulans to get there, Riker, after Picard left the mountain cabin, got his commission activated, convinced Starfleet to do a complete 180 on ironclad policies that had been in place for years, AND get hundreds of the top tier warships to the hidden planet.

All of that in <48 hours? I don't think so.

They had confirmed warp factor 11 and 13 at the end of TNG.

With transporters and warp, it's not Unreasonable to give them some leeway on timing.

It's certainly (sudden) as far as plot, but the technical base to achieve it is there.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #712 on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 16:49:20 »

the technical base to achieve it is there.

So, the Federation can do in hours what takes days for Romulans?

And those 2 dozen wimpy orchids held off an order of magnitude more star ships?

And Soji's (and all her ilk) instantaneous reversal at the last second was plausible? The whole thing just didn't pass the smell test.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #713 on: Thu, 16 April 2020, 18:30:01 »

And Soji's (and all her ilk) instantaneous reversal at the last second was plausible? The whole thing just didn't pass the smell test.

Yes, it's possible, because we don't know where the ships were pulled from or how fast they can go, but we do know they're very fast.

As for the plot, again, sudden, yes,  good/bad that's your opinion.

Offline bliss

« Reply #714 on: Fri, 17 April 2020, 08:55:12 »

Yes, it's possible, because we don't know where the ships were pulled from or how fast they can go, but we do know they're very fast.

As for the plot, again, sudden, yes,  good/bad that's your opinion.
tp4, you ok? Your text is so pale all of a sudden :D

Re-watched F&F Shibuya Drift (DVD) last WE... it was much better than I remembered, I think I must be a bit of a weeb. If you like Japan and appreciate their cars, better than the rest of the series (understand, I equally love American muscle). Premium sounds too (only the Viper in the beginning sounded like a Ferrari). Had a good time :thumb:

Spoilers below!
More
They put a Nissan engine in a Mustang chassis. If you can live with that, I would recommend the movie.

Bow Wow was literally the butt of the joke, as his character was named Twinkie. On top of that, he had to drive a Volkswagen Touran of all cars *lmao*

Offline bliss

« Reply #716 on: Fri, 17 April 2020, 10:03:44 »
tp4, you ok? Your text is so pale all of a sudden :D

It' Korona, Tp4 = potentially infected.

Wait, what? Are you going to get tested? I hear the testing hurts... and is just that, a test. With a degree of false positives, too.

What I can say for sure though is you worry too much...

Be well, tp!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #717 on: Fri, 17 April 2020, 10:09:21 »
Wait, what? Are you going to get tested? I hear the testing hurts... and is just that, a test. With a degree of false positives, too.
What I can say for sure though is you worry too much...
Be well, tp!

Had dryish sore throat all week, so, who knowz. haven't gone outside, but read that it can come in the air.

Offline bliss

« Reply #718 on: Fri, 17 April 2020, 10:52:34 »

haven't gone outside

This, plus your color returning, I would guess you haven't got it ;)

Offline Kavik

« Reply #719 on: Sun, 19 April 2020, 15:57:43 »
I watched the whole first season of The Good Place yesterday. Decently funny and unique premise.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #720 on: Sun, 19 April 2020, 16:10:50 »
I watched the whole first season of The Good Place yesterday. Decently funny and unique premise.

It's pretty gud' all the way through S2, then S3 it gets a little meh... people said you can power through and Season 4 is Ahhight.

Tp4 has not finished S3

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #721 on: Sun, 19 April 2020, 17:40:50 »
Atypical

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #722 on: Sun, 19 April 2020, 18:02:10 »
Everyone should be watching the Smiling Friends pilot over on Adult Swim. If you watch closely you can find the secret to happiness hidden within:
http://www.adultswim.com/videos/smiling-friends

Offline Sniping

« Reply #723 on: Sun, 19 April 2020, 21:03:18 »
any of you guys watch the tiger king? my housemate put it on the other night and i was over it like halfway through the first episode. seems pretty popular though so i'm sure there are some fans out here.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #724 on: Mon, 20 April 2020, 12:53:25 »

It's pretty gud' all the way through S2, then S3 it gets a little meh... people said you can power through and Season 4 is Ahhight.

Tp4 has not finished S3

The premise would have been perfect as a single season show - I wouldn't have even been mad if it ended there.  The second season does a great job at following up a show that doesn't need a follow up.  I'm a little surprised they took it as far as they did, but glad it ended before it really went downhill (inevitable given the premise, nothing against the genius of Michael Shur).  That said, I think the final seasons are still worth a watch. 

Offline Kavik

« Reply #725 on: Mon, 20 April 2020, 17:53:27 »

Tp4 has not finished S3

I figured it might be like that. Novel premises like that tend to wear out rather fast. 3rd Rock From The Sun is a prime example of that; after about season three, it just didn't make sense when the aliens didn't understand something.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #726 on: Wed, 22 April 2020, 07:55:25 »
Ngl these great British baking show episodes are getting intense .

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #727 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 23:25:10 »
All I am keeping up with atm is Westworld S3.  Uneven, but adequate.  I may start Ozarks as I really like Jason Bateman.
RF87U 55g (damaged)  |  AV3 w/POM Plate  |  Thermal (to be built)  |  ID80v1 (to be rebuilt)  |  Tokyo60

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #728 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 23:25:56 »
All I am keeping up with atm is Westworld S3.  Uneven, but adequate.  I may start Ozarks as I really like Jason Bateman.

6 episodes, I don't like this.. they can't expand the front like this.  it's gonna fold.

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #729 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 23:31:09 »

6 episodes, I don't like this.. they can't expand the front like this.  it's gonna fold.

Tbh, I am kind of disappointed with what they have done with the Mauve storyline.  After watching Devs, the quasi-determinism is wearing thin as well.
RF87U 55g (damaged)  |  AV3 w/POM Plate  |  Thermal (to be built)  |  ID80v1 (to be rebuilt)  |  Tokyo60

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #730 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 02:56:56 »
Just finished Fargo S2,
S1 was great, S2 was slow to start but was strong by the end. Loved the office job twist.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #731 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 06:04:06 »
Just finished Fargo S2,
S1 was great, S2 was slow to start but was strong by the end. Loved the office job twist.

Such a great show. All the seasons have their own merits, but I do think 1 is the strongest in terms of pacing and writing. Each season seems to get a little weirder, but 3 was still very fun.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #732 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 10:54:16 »

Tp4 has not finished S3

I finished season 3 a few days ago and am half way through season 4 now. I can see how some might lose interest since the tone and set pieces change a bit. It's more story driven now and not quite as funny. I am still enjoying it however, and I am glad it's only four seasons and not dragged out like a lot of other sitcoms, like The Office or Scrubs, which have 180-200 episodes.

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #733 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 12:09:37 »
I'm still slogging through Westworld.  While I am finding it interesting in some ways, I'm just not as happy with S3 as previous seasons.  Part of that may be that the story telling model is much more linear than in previous seasons, and part of it is that I'm not finding the writing compelling enough for me to care.  Mauve vs. Dolores{x} vs Serac vs. Bernard/Stubbs is a bit much, and I find myself forgetting why factions are aligned the way they are.  /shrug

Having said all that, S03E07 was a very good episode for Caleb (the Aaron Paul character).

Offline bliss

« Reply #734 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 14:43:55 »
I'm still slogging through Westworld.  While I am finding it interesting in some ways, I'm just not as happy with S3 as previous seasons.  Part of that may be that the story telling model is much more linear than in previous seasons, and part of it is that I'm not finding the writing compelling enough for me to care.  Mauve vs. Dolores{x} vs Serac vs. Bernard/Stubbs is a bit much, and I find myself forgetting why factions are aligned the way they are.  /shrug

Having said all that, S03E07 was a very good episode for Caleb (the Aaron Paul character).

Season 1 was really good. I did not finish watching the first episode of S2, because that special feeling of S1 was gone, and have not watched since. But I am planning to get back to season 1 at some point.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #735 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 20:44:33 »
Just finished Homeland. The resolution was twisted and unsatisfying, but so was everything else in the show. The last season/story arc was better than some of the middle seasons, where it seemed kind of forced, but I will have to think about it for a while.

Overall, a very good and suspenseful show but always implausible and frustrating at the same time.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #736 on: Wed, 29 April 2020, 14:24:02 »
Just finished Homeland. The resolution was twisted and unsatisfying, but so was everything else in the show. The last season/story arc was better than some of the middle seasons, where it seemed kind of forced, but I will have to think about it for a while.

Overall, a very good and suspenseful show but always implausible and frustrating at the same time.

I think I made it to season 3 or 4 several years ago and lost track of the show and didn't feel like figuring out which episode I was on. I really enjoyed it, but I don't know if I'll ever make it back. Is the series over now?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #737 on: Wed, 29 April 2020, 16:02:38 »
Is the series over now?

Yes, Season 8 just finished it off. It did get weak after the first couple of story arcs wound down, but I heard people excited about Season 8 and went back and saw 7 to get caught up.

The script jumps the shark regularly, but Claire Danes really is a spectacular actress.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #738 on: Thu, 30 April 2020, 00:00:01 »
I recently gave Ozark another shot after the release of Season 3, and I am 100% in.  About to finish up Season 1, then continue binging through the remainder.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #739 on: Thu, 30 April 2020, 03:36:52 »
I recently gave Ozark another shot after the release of Season 3, and I am 100% in.  About to finish up Season 1, then continue binging through the remainder.

Yep, Ozark is awesome, especially first season.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Kavik

« Reply #740 on: Fri, 01 May 2020, 10:18:15 »
Isn't it weird that we consciously and deliberately watch multiple episodes of a TV show in a row (binge), but, we consider movies over 2 or 2.5 hours really long (some might say they "drag on" or are "boring")?

Is it the choice of continuing that makes bingeing (retaining the e in the gerund is weird, but distinguishes it from using the search engine Bing!) episodes enjoyable, or is it the way episodes of TV are written versus a movie (everything wraps up or leads to a cliffhanger in 23 or 45 minutes, exposition/backstory was done in previous episodes, etc.)?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #741 on: Fri, 01 May 2020, 16:50:48 »
everything wraps up or leads to a cliffhanger in 23 or 45 minutes

At which time you are free to get up for a bathroom break, snack, etc, without walking sideways in the dark, knocking knees, annoying anybody, or missing anything.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #742 on: Fri, 01 May 2020, 22:55:46 »
Isn't it weird that we consciously and deliberately watch multiple episodes of a TV show in a row (binge), but, we consider movies over 2 or 2.5 hours really long (some might say they "drag on" or are "boring")?

Is it the choice of continuing that makes bingeing (retaining the e in the gerund is weird, but distinguishes it from using the search engine Bing!) episodes enjoyable, or is it the way episodes of TV are written versus a movie (everything wraps up or leads to a cliffhanger in 23 or 45 minutes, exposition/backstory was done in previous episodes, etc.)?
Built in stopping points.

You don't mind waiting to see the next segment, but a movie is often one long continuous chunk. Many actually do have points for breaks but you don't know where they are until you already pass them.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #743 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 12:20:26 »
Watching the Legend of 1900.

Came across this funny horse moment. Wonder what the horse is thinking,  he's probably pretty uncomfortable.

241554-0

Offline iri

« Reply #744 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 13:25:59 »
I am so glad that Lawrence Of Arabia had the 'official' break built in.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #745 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 13:43:03 »
Finished up season 3 of Westworld.  A lot of wasted potential, and boy did they do Mauve and Bernard dirty.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #746 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 15:00:30 »
Finished up season 3 of Westworld.  A lot of wasted potential, and boy did they do Mauve and Bernard dirty.

**** was horrible compared to season 1 and 2. Waste of my time.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #747 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 15:08:30 »

Yea, it didn't mmm... this is the problem with retaining actors these days, everyone wants the $$, actors don't really deserve it, the show suffers.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #748 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 17:09:27 »

Built in stopping points.

You don't mind waiting to see the next segment, but a movie is often one long continuous chunk. Many actually do have points for breaks but you don't know where they are until you already pass them.

Considering most of the popular shows these days are an hour or more each episode it's basically the same activity at this point.

Offline clankgy1

• Formerly digifiend
« Reply #749 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 17:24:14 »

Yea, it didn't mmm... this is the problem with retaining actors these days, everyone wants the $$, actors don't really deserve it, the show suffers.

I didnt see S3 problems being with the acting.  In fact, given the tripe they were given for script, they did pretty well.

No, I would put the S3 ****show directly on the show runners.  S3 was an uninteresting linear story with major characters not being given anything to do.  Bernard spent most of the season wandering around, and his payoff in the last episode was unsatisfying.  And Mauve was portrayed as uncharacteristically weak and dumb.

This season delved into predictive and deterministic behavior.  Devs did it better.