Author Topic: PBT dyesub 104/105 set ROUND 2 (complete)  (Read 235310 times)

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
Re: PBT dyesub 104/105 set ROUND 2
« Reply #350 on: Wed, 29 May 2013, 08:57:08 »
Just order it to encourage other people to get into that group buy. Worst thing that could happen is that it won't reach MOQ and doesn't get made.

I am kinda disappointed that the ISO DE options don't get more love, but I assume some people are still waiting for the final mockups...

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #351 on: Wed, 29 May 2013, 08:59:24 »
Miami limited? Is 'Miami ES' the ISO version ??

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #352 on: Wed, 29 May 2013, 09:06:33 »
Miami limited has all white caps instead of the two tone look of the other sets.

Miami ES is the ISO version with spanish legends.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #353 on: Wed, 29 May 2013, 09:15:28 »
Miami limited has all white caps instead of the two tone look of the other sets.

Miami ES is the ISO version with spanish legends.

So the only ISO option is with Spanish legends??

Offline remedyhalopc

« Reply #354 on: Wed, 29 May 2013, 11:20:24 »
What color caps are the Cherry logo caps being put on?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #355 on: Wed, 29 May 2013, 15:07:36 »
I also was surprised how few have been ordered.

I will be in for a black US and probably RGB, but haven't decided which novelty keys to get yet.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #356 on: Wed, 29 May 2013, 15:20:13 »

I will be in for a black US and probably RGB, but haven't decided which novelty keys to get yet.

Yeah I'm changing to or adding Miami limited. I think the low figures might be related to $8 DS sets, but it's very early.

Ivan, anyway you could add this to the OP? It's very nice to look at :)

« Last Edit: Wed, 29 May 2013, 15:22:58 by Jocelyn »

Offline elton5354

« Reply #357 on: Wed, 29 May 2013, 15:38:49 »

I think the low figures might be related to $8 DS sets, but it's very early.

My apologies.  :'( :-[ :-X :(

Offline mauri

« Reply #358 on: Wed, 29 May 2013, 16:24:31 »
It seems none of the sets will go to production :[
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #359 on: Wed, 29 May 2013, 16:31:26 »
It seems none of the sets will go to production :[

Still a whole month to go for orders.  Are those the totals between GH and DT?  I also wonder if some people who ordered early did not know to resubmit their order (Id go through the old form and check).

Might make sense to focus on the top count sets if there are still not enough orders by the deadline.  Like would the person who signed up for the hollow black legend set consider going with solid black, if hollow were not an option.  Etc.  but yeah, Im kinda shocked more people are not jumping on these: thick PBT, dye sub, cool colors, very nice fonts. The $8 doubleshot sets are not really competition, because they are entirely different.
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 May 2013, 16:34:06 by Photoelectric »
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #360 on: Wed, 29 May 2013, 16:38:42 »

Yeah I'm changing to or adding Miami limited. I think the low figures might be related to $8 DS sets, but it's very early.

Show Image

I still can't work out if an all white set would look better or worse than with grey mods...

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #361 on: Wed, 29 May 2013, 16:40:27 »
The mods are light beige.

Offline maxmalkav

« Reply #362 on: Wed, 29 May 2013, 16:49:15 »
The $8 doubleshot sets are not really competition, because they are entirely different.

Totally agree. I can speak for myself, I'm in both of them, the $8 sets seem nice to dress some random keyboards I don't care too much, at least until we check the quality of the keycaps. These high quality PBT sets are a different story for me, they are almost my only chance for having a proper ISO ES layout :(

« Last Edit: Wed, 29 May 2013, 17:00:17 by maxmalkav »

Offline tricheboars

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Keyboards are Important!
« Reply #363 on: Wed, 29 May 2013, 17:47:16 »
well i ordered a US Black. so i am helping. hold your applause it is not necessary. you're welcome america.
|  Fundamentalist ErgoDox Zealot  |  HHKB Hybrid

Offline elttaboi

« Reply #364 on: Wed, 29 May 2013, 18:43:53 »
Just set my order for a miami limited. When I first saw the mockup pics I was like 'they should do this on all white', then it happened!
sick city!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #365 on: Wed, 29 May 2013, 19:23:48 »

Show Image

Hey jocelyn this picture might be a bit misleading.. I think the flash made the keys look much "whiter" than they are..

Can you confirm they've actually begun making the "WHITE" that's in the picture.. otherwise, if you've seen my thread on the THICK pbts, they're VERY VERY Tan...  Monroe Bisque color, closer to Monterey white in Daylight..

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #366 on: Wed, 29 May 2013, 19:27:39 »
Hey jocelyn this picture might be a bit misleading.. I think the flash made the keys look much "whiter" than they are..

Can you confirm they've actually begun making the "WHITE" that's in the picture.. otherwise, if you've seen my thread on the THICK pbts, they're VERY VERY Tan...  Monroe Bisque color, closer to Monterey white in Daylight..

That photo is from Ivan, not me. I have seen your thread, but I own a set of Imsto white Thick PBT blanks, and they look pretty white to me. Maybe not quite as white as the photo, but definitely not tan.

I'll edit this post with an outdoor photo of white/gray Imsto caps in a minute.

No flash, taken outside

« Last Edit: Wed, 29 May 2013, 19:29:42 by Jocelyn »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #367 on: Wed, 29 May 2013, 19:32:33 »

That photo is from Ivan, not me. I have seen your thread, but I own a set of Imsto white Thick PBT blanks, and they look pretty white to me. Maybe not quite as white as the photo, but definitely not tan.

I'll edit this post with an outdoor photo of white/gray Imsto caps in a minute.

No flash, taken outside
Show Image

Yes those look exactly like my caps..

I suppose you and I just have very different ideas of "Tan"

For example, If someone asked me for a white piece of paper, I would NEVER hand them a piece of paper of the ABOVE color..

The only time  I'd hand them that color, is if someone asked for Beige, or Cream...

Side note, Will gray mods be available in this GB?

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #368 on: Wed, 29 May 2013, 19:55:14 »
Okay, sure, if you go to a car supply shop, you'll see a dozen different "white" touch-up paint colors.  They still all appear white for all intents and purposes, unless compared against each other.  Are you going for the American Psycho moment?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #369 on: Wed, 29 May 2013, 20:02:48 »
Okay, sure, if you go to a car supply shop, you'll see a dozen different "white" touch-up paint colors.  They still all appear white for all intents and purposes, unless compared against each other.  Are you going for the American Psycho moment?

I don't have some hidden agenda.. I'm just sharing my surprise experience, is all.. because I could see how some people expecting say, "titanium-white" would be disappointed...

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #370 on: Wed, 29 May 2013, 20:15:43 »
These should be Cherry replica colors, right?  So the white should be that white, I would guess.  Also, Ivan has posted about being very picky when it comes to color inconsistencies, even slight shade differences, so he's probably been picky with this one too.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #371 on: Wed, 29 May 2013, 20:21:07 »
These should be Cherry replica colors, right?  So the white should be that white, I would guess.  Also, Ivan has posted about being very picky when it comes to color inconsistencies, even slight shade differences, so he's probably been picky with this one too.

I think there's some misconception of what I'm saying... There's nothing WRONG with this color... I quite like it...

But let's be more precise and call it what it is "BEIGE"

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #372 on: Wed, 29 May 2013, 20:24:50 »

I think there's some misconception of what I'm saying... There's nothing WRONG with this color... I quite like it...

But let's be more precise and call it what it is "BEIGE"

These mods are beige, not the alphas - http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.3.w17-4996320547.32.ONhOmi&id=16466008966&

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #373 on: Wed, 29 May 2013, 20:32:33 »
It's true Cherry classics sets are not really white white, but they have a more creamy white with a more khaki like beige for the modifiers. These are like that.
imsto sample photo look bright, and you can see how light the legend look, compare to the mock ups which are exact same colors given as files to imsto.

There lots of buys happening, so if need to push the date to make the moq that is always a possibility. I just want to try avoid it taking months and months like the first PBT buy.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #374 on: Wed, 29 May 2013, 20:34:56 »
Why are you arguing with that guy about white? My word...

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #375 on: Wed, 29 May 2013, 20:41:08 »
lysol, I have a question about the blue for the Miami set. Is it the same color that was on the Alt RGB legends from the last GB? If so, I would really like a different color. That blue does not fit with the Miami. The picture that was posted does look like the Blue is different, but I can't tell if it's the flash that is making it look as such. Either way, even that blue could stand to be more cyan.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #376 on: Wed, 29 May 2013, 22:01:16 »

I suspect that the younger set has jumped onto buying their very FIRST key-sets for $8, here on Geekhack -  that's okay.

The ones who've selected the PBT sets are the serious customers who want the best.  Besides after the newbies get sick of their ABS's they'll come flocking to future PBT Group Buys.

Everyone needs to first start small with GB's then work their way up to the bigger stuff.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #377 on: Wed, 29 May 2013, 22:05:54 »
Yeah, PBT is basically "end game" for me, in the sense that I'm paying a lot of money for something that should last for a long long time and be of high quality.  Those $8 sets are not changing the weather.  I ordered 3 for fun myself.  But I'm not sure I'll end up with use for them...  But I would definitely find use for these thick PBT keys.

Offline linziyi

• The one with many questions
« Reply #378 on: Wed, 29 May 2013, 22:07:28 »

I suspect that the younger set has jumped onto buying their very FIRST key-sets for $8, here on Geekhack -  that's okay.

The ones who've selected the PBT sets are the serious customers who want the best.  Besides after the newbies get sick of their ABS's they'll come flocking to future PBT Group Buys.

Everyone needs to first start small with GB's then work their way up to the bigger stuff.

I am one of those "noob" you are referring to... I had been wondering if this group buy is particularly "cheap" in terms of price, can anyone provide a reference price of thick PBT with similar quality and quantity? Thanks very much!
Ducky DK9008G2 Pro

"Much to learn you still have" --Yoda

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #379 on: Wed, 29 May 2013, 22:12:47 »

I am one of those "noob" you are referring to... I had been wondering if this group buy is particularly "cheap" in terms of price, can anyone provide a reference price of thick PBT with similar quality and quantity? Thanks very much!

Thick PBT sets go for $90+ on eBay and other vendors.  So a group buy will be cheaper, yes.  Look on Originative.com, eBay, and IMSTO's TaoBao page.  I'm pretty sure you misread; no one calls these sets "cheap".  We are calling the "$8" sets cheap.  These sets are a good value because their market value is close to $100.

Offline linziyi

« Reply #380 on: Wed, 29 May 2013, 22:14:31 »

Thick PBT sets go for $90+ on eBay and other vendors.  So a group buy will be cheaper, yes.  Look on Originative.com, eBay, and IMSTO's TaoBao page.  I'm pretty sure you misread; no one calls these sets "cheap".  We are calling the "$8" sets cheap.  These sets are a good value because their market value is close to $100.

Yes I do understand the quality of these keycaps compare to the $8 ones... I was saying "cheap" in terms of price compare to those of the retailer's, as of low-price, not cheap quality.
Ducky DK9008G2 Pro

Offline linziyi

« Reply #381 on: Wed, 29 May 2013, 22:16:59 »
So my questions is are these low-price group buy very hard to come by? I am planning to buy the up-coming ducky DK9008G2 Pro with thick PBT caps, how do those caps compare to these? Should I order a set because it is not expensive?
Ducky DK9008G2 Pro

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #382 on: Wed, 29 May 2013, 22:47:03 »

And some of us are getting both :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #383 on: Wed, 29 May 2013, 22:56:07 »
So my questions is are these low-price group buy very hard to come by? I am planning to buy the up-coming ducky DK9008G2 Pro with thick PBT caps, how do those caps compare to these? Should I order a set because it is not expensive?

You quoted my whole post where I explained the pricing and somehow asked the question I answered for you.  I was talking about the monetary value, literally...

ETA: The Ducky PBT caps should be good, probably on par with these. No point substituting thick PBT with thick PBT, unless you want different colors.  Ducky PBT will be of a taller OEM profile, vs these Cherry profile caps.
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 May 2013, 23:03:14 by Photoelectric »

Offline remedyhalopc

« Reply #384 on: Thu, 30 May 2013, 00:50:26 »

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #385 on: Thu, 30 May 2013, 06:14:48 »

Now that there are white (yes, white) sets as well as two-tone, it would be nice to male that choice, as I mentioned before.

Offline Jocelyn

• 조셀린
« Reply #386 on: Thu, 30 May 2013, 21:23:20 »
lysol, I have a question about the blue for the Miami set. Is it the same color that was on the Alt RGB legends from the last GB? If so, I would really like a different color. That blue does not fit with the Miami. The picture that was posted does look like the Blue is different, but I can't tell if it's the flash that is making it look as such. Either way, even that blue could stand to be more cyan.

I would love to hear more about both of these :)

Offline Moptest

« Reply #387 on: Fri, 31 May 2013, 04:54:52 »
what format are the "DE ISO" Keycaps? Is it Denmark Layout?
« Last Edit: Fri, 31 May 2013, 04:57:53 by Moptest »

Offline mauri

« Reply #388 on: Fri, 31 May 2013, 05:00:32 »
what format are the "DE ISO" Keycaps? Is it Denmark Layout?

It is german layout, danish layout would be the Scandinavia/nordic
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #389 on: Fri, 31 May 2013, 11:12:08 »
Right, Nordic take care of Danish, Finnish, Norwegian and Swedish.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #390 on: Sun, 02 June 2013, 03:22:39 »
Ordered :)

Offline ilezia

« Reply #391 on: Sun, 02 June 2013, 08:39:28 »
Hello! I'm in for a red us ansi, here's hoping we get to the MOQ!

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #392 on: Sun, 02 June 2013, 18:46:45 »

What's the current MOQ?

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #393 on: Sun, 02 June 2013, 19:19:37 »

What's the current MOQ?

20 sets of each kind.
Changed my order back to Red Alert.

Offline remedyhalopc

« Reply #394 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 00:20:00 »

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #395 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 00:34:57 »

Ivan!!!!

Asked this a couple times too, but I believe the modifiers will be on beige and the top row keys will be on white.  At least that would match the majority of sets, so that would be the most practical.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #396 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 00:42:52 »
i see nearly half the cherry logo caps have been removed...if i order practically one or two of each, will the ones removed just be removed off my order?

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #397 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 00:45:02 »
i see nearly half the cherry logo caps have been removed...if i order practically one or two of each, will the ones removed just be removed off my order?

Where are you seeing that?  The list of pictures is the same, and I just checked the Order Form--all colors are still there.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #398 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 00:46:01 »

Where are you seeing that?  The list of pictures is the same, and I just checked the Order Form--all colors are still there.

LOL that just shows how tired I am haha
thought half the cherry logo designs disappeared  :))

Offline amzee

« Reply #399 on: Mon, 03 June 2013, 16:44:01 »
Will the Colemak set have both backspace keys? If so, will the stepped "caps lock" key in that set be legended as backspace as well?