Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4212782 times)

Offline Faceman76

Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #29100 on: Wed, 29 December 2021, 17:19:13 »
Why not look while you're still working? 

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

TKC 1800, Crystal Box Navy, Sprit 100g

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #29101 on: Wed, 29 December 2021, 23:07:26 »
Does Boris Johnson know how bad his haircut looks? He must know by now and just refuses to not have the haircut of 6 year old who just woke up from a nap.
Also, still the most Russian sleeper agent name ever.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #29102 on: Wed, 29 December 2021, 23:15:35 »
It's deliberate, he messes it up on purpose to distract you from the british cronyism.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #29103 on: Thu, 30 December 2021, 03:13:44 »
Does Boris Johnson know how bad his haircut looks? He must know by now and just refuses to not have the haircut of 6 year old who just woke up from a nap.

Boris is the best looking british guy they have :)
It doesn't get any better than this :)

9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #29104 on: Thu, 30 December 2021, 04:23:25 »
Why not look while you're still working?
Get up early (I'm a natural night owl) to work, get annoyed at work then look for a job?  It's the obvious answer but hasn't worked for the last three months and I only have one more before I have to work a month's notice.  Logically it makes sense to have one really crap month trying 100% to move on so the rest of my life is potentially better but there's the problem - it's only potentially better because I don't know what I want to do and most things that look good are not an option thanks to location and/or lack of experience/qualifications, and if I take an apprentice role I can't pay the mortgage.

120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline iri

« Reply #29105 on: Thu, 30 December 2021, 11:18:14 »
Yes, when you hear Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, Russia just springs to mind.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline phinix

« Reply #29106 on: Fri, 31 December 2021, 03:36:54 »
Yes, when you hear Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson, Russia just springs to mind.

9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline phinix

« Reply #29108 on: Sun, 02 January 2022, 09:04:56 »
Prolly gonna have to stockpile food again...

Why? Omi?

Offline yui

« Reply #29110 on: Sun, 02 January 2022, 11:57:20 »
Prolly gonna have to stockpile food again...
Why? Omi?

Supply disruption, price hike

Show Image

kind of a self fulfilling prophecy, if peoples stockpile all of a sudden, supply does not keep up and prices go up...
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #29111 on: Sun, 02 January 2022, 12:39:45 »
Shipping times are really getting stupid. Items I order are regularly 2-4 weeks past their estimated delivery date.
Why not adjust the estimates if you are going to continuously not meet them even remotely? Don't say 5 days, then take 4 weeks. Just say 1-8 weeks and post a .png of a middle finger.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #29112 on: Sun, 02 January 2022, 16:11:50 »
Once a package leaves the hands of the seller he basically has no control of when it will get to you.

I had been an ebay buyer for years before I started selling, and I quickly realized that there are 3 players: buyer - seller - shipper.

Buyers often seem to imagine that sellers can and should have control of the process all the way until the package is placed into their lazy, sweaty, impatient hands.

The reality is that when the seller lets go of the item, he is a helpless spectator just like the buyer.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #29113 on: Sun, 02 January 2022, 22:16:42 »
Effing gall bladder. But with my loser-genes I wouldn't be surprised if there was a tumour.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #29114 on: Mon, 03 January 2022, 10:34:45 »
Eye was bad again this morning so got it checked out.  Apparently it has not properly recovered from me trying to fit the corner of a door through it back in August so if I sleep wrong a flap of eyeball covering (think skin) sticks to the eyelid and when I open it in the morning it peels back reawakening the stinging, light sensitivity and blurry vision of the original injury.  The proposed fix?  Eye drops every four hours on good days and more often on bad ones plus ointment every night - for three months!
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #29116 on: Mon, 03 January 2022, 17:14:08 »
The term 'flexitarian'
What you mean to say is you're just a normal person who eats whatever they want, but you have the need to place meaningless labels on yourself in an effort to feel like you fit in, or are somehow special and different than every other omnivore. **** off.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29117 on: Tue, 04 January 2022, 09:36:06 »
The term 'flexitarian'
What you mean to say is you're just a normal person who eats whatever they want, but you have the need to place meaningless labels on yourself in an effort to feel like you fit in, or are somehow special and different than every other omnivore. **** off.

There is only 1 proper diet for Hughhmahns, 

---Whole Food Plant Based.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29118 on: Sat, 08 January 2022, 15:58:13 »
Sigh... 23 years later.

quak3arena

640x480 @ 137hz  CRT

8xSupersampling AA, 16x AF

3DLut Color Calibration

Unwavering 500fps engine rate

NO better skills, playing worse than ever.   The feel of the game is like Glass...

Perhaps... Perhaps if Tp4 bought a 125khz class monitor, and had 640x480 @ 247hz

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #29119 on: Sat, 08 January 2022, 16:21:05 »
quak3arena
640x480 @ 137hz  CRT

...why?

Assuming you're not running a period correct GPU or crazily low res monitor you surely have enough resources to run it at 1024x768, that's only 2.56x more pixels so your framerate should still be above the refresh rate even if you're hardware limited to 500 fps (which sounds unlikely if it never dips)
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29120 on: Sat, 08 January 2022, 16:22:28 »
quak3arena
640x480 @ 137hz  CRT

...why?

Assuming you're not running a period correct GPU or crazily low res monitor you surely have enough resources to run it at 1024x768, that's only 2.56x more pixels so your framerate should still be above the refresh rate even if you're hardware limited to 500 fps (which sounds unlikely if it never dips)

CRT refreshrate is limited by the number of horizontal lines.

This is a 71khz monitor, so at 768 it can only do 88hz.  @480 it can do 137hz

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29121 on: Sun, 09 January 2022, 19:14:14 »
SSAA don' work in l4d2 if using custom resolution.. <tssskk... >

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #29122 on: Mon, 10 January 2022, 00:28:12 »
RIP Bob Sagat.
We lost Norm such a brief time ago, and now Bob today. Who ever thought Artie Lang would outlive them both?
Guess that means the Dirty Work director's cut aint happening either.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29123 on: Mon, 10 January 2022, 01:39:29 »
RIP Bob Sagat.
We lost Norm such a brief time ago, and now Bob today. Who ever thought Artie Lang would outlive them both?

haven't seen many episodes of full house.   watchable by modern standards ?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #29124 on: Mon, 10 January 2022, 02:03:44 »
RIP Bob Sagat.

I really know him more for his standup and how he was known for helping guys just starting out get time on stage. A lot of successful standups working today got known because Bob helped them out. He loved telling jokes more than acting I think. Also he directed Dirty Work, which is a genuinely funny movie to me.

Offline phinix

« Reply #29125 on: Mon, 10 January 2022, 02:49:55 »
RIP Bob Sagat.

Really? I thought it was as popular as Alf for example.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #29126 on: Mon, 10 January 2022, 13:27:32 »
My mum has stroke face but claims no-one else noticed (she saw my sister, her sister and her friend today) and doesn't seem in the slightest bit concerned.  If not a stroke (surely she would have noticed?!) a quick search suggests Covid induced Bells Palsy is a thing.

Not sure which is worse as I spent hours with her indoors over the weekend so will probably have covid if she does.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #29128 on: Mon, 10 January 2022, 14:37:22 »
Yup, sister came round (she's a carer so knows more about medical stuff than me) and agreed so phoned for an ambulance but they said it's quicker to drive so I'm just back from dropping her off (covid - no accompanying family or visitors)  No updates for at least an hour and they didn't give or take contact numbers because she has her phone.  Hopefully she'll have reception.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #29129 on: Mon, 10 January 2022, 19:18:54 »
they didn't give or take contact numbers because she has her phone.
What? That's weird. How were they thinking?

Offline iri

« Reply #29130 on: Tue, 11 January 2022, 05:00:48 »
Western propaganda machine is a very efficient mechanism to put horse**** in people's heads and make it stick there.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #29131 on: Tue, 11 January 2022, 08:04:33 »
Yesterday, I got my 7th routine colonoscopy since my cancer surgery some years ago. Ever since back then my colon has been perfectly fine every time, until now: two polyps were found and removed. These must have developed only in the last year, but the initial mutation could have been the year before that. WTF have I been doing wrong to get them?
Has it been stress, have I eaten wrong or have I been poisoned somehow by something in my other hobby? (working with plastics)

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #29132 on: Tue, 11 January 2022, 08:15:22 »
Western propaganda machine is a very efficient mechanism to put horse**** in people's heads and make it stick there.
There is not "a western" propaganda machine. There are different situations in different countries.

The USA definitely has internal propaganda, and has had for some time. But the "West" is not USA, and has more and more distanced itself from it since it started to go to hell over there.

There is definitely a different propaganda machine in the West, on social media run by state-sponsored firms in Russia, who are trying to destabilise the Western countries' internal political climates' and thereby weaken their ability to act with resolve in future crises. They are partly to blame for e.g. Trump, anti-vaxers, and the rise of right-wing parties in many European countries.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #29133 on: Tue, 11 January 2022, 10:22:46 »
they didn't give or take contact numbers because she has her phone.
What? That's weird. How were they thinking?
Who knows.  I called her, she answered, later she called me, I answered.  Maybe it's so the hospital staff don't actually have to do anything.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29134 on: Tue, 11 January 2022, 11:24:11 »
state-sponsored firms in Russia,

Iri = kgb agent ?

His postings have involved how happy his immigration process is, and his "determination" to integrate into western society ?  The point of creating such a "paper trail" is what makes the situation uncanny. 

Only Team fohat.dig would know for sure, but according to their analysis it's always russia.

Tp4 wants to take this opportunity to proclaim that his loyalties are only to Whole Food Plant Based Diet, and Gekha..  No blind nationalism.  Only Health and Climate change.

Offline iri

« Reply #29135 on: Tue, 11 January 2022, 11:30:53 »
There is definitely a different propaganda machine in the West, on social media run by state-sponsored firms in Russia, who are trying to destabilise the Western countries' internal political climates' and thereby weaken their ability to act with resolve in future crises. They are partly to blame for e.g. Trump, anti-vaxers, and the rise of right-wing parties in many European countries.
Case in point.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #29136 on: Tue, 11 January 2022, 11:54:29 »
Case in point.
Powerful countries with ideologies benefits from polarization in other countries.

Also is russia/china/whatever to blame for the rise of trump, anti-vaxers etc. or is it the social media itself who creates the most polarity to get more user engagement thus making us label people from one decision. Hermancainaward on reddit for example
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29137 on: Tue, 11 January 2022, 12:58:50 »
Powerful countries with ideologies benefits from polarization in other countries.

Also is russia/china/whatever to blame for the rise of trump, anti-vaxers etc. or is it the social media itself who creates the most polarity to get more user engagement thus making us label people from one decision. Hermancainaward on reddit for example

The "look for blame" scenario that's being played out is not productive.

When humans attempt cognition, they are compartmentalizing and modeling reality.  This act in itself creates falsehoods.

Society then take these small inaccuracies and fold them exponentially, arriving at this vastly imperfect world humans live in.

It's important to look at the SOLUTION,   AI governance.

AI is the only system powerful enough to overcome the multi-disciplinary barrier of human aptitude.

Social media has many problems, but it is 1 of the precursors to replace human governance.

At our final stage, Squish-ies will be retired all together, our future selves will be a Skynet/Cylon hybrid and made of Metal.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #29138 on: Tue, 11 January 2022, 14:10:07 »
I'm telling you, it's more about legitimizing stupidity and giving stupid people a platform on social media. That's the rolling ball the western-style propaganda got started, but now all the propaganda is being mostly generated by slack jawed yokles and hermitized Karens allowing their wrong isolated opinions to be seen as correct by finding the exact specific isolated idiots that in any other scenario would never be able to find each other. It's like a species that was destined to go extinct, put into some accelerated breeding program via social media.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29139 on: Tue, 11 January 2022, 14:28:20 »
The other side of this is,  They're PARTICIPATING.

This is arguably better than an underbelly brewing white supremacist nationalism.

Now that they're ON the platform,  their "ignorance" is pitted against more enlightened views.

OVER TIME,  better information floats to the top.   

Look at what's happening, Antivaxxers have a large population of racists, they identify each other by aligning their racist ideology,  They form a social clic of "Bad ideas" Including Antivaxx,    They DIE at a large scale.   Natural selection at work.

Death is how nature solves problems.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #29140 on: Tue, 11 January 2022, 14:36:38 »

Now that they're ON the platform,  their "ignorance" is pitted against more enlightened views.

OVER TIME,  better information floats to the top.   

I'd of agreed with your evaluation a few years ago that people are inherently smart and will do the right things to correct their wrong views to appear more homogenized with everyone else, but now it has become clear that is untrue and people do not want to change and only seek to bolster their already seated ideas. People will go far in search of one blurb that even remotly lines up with what they want to be true, and run with it. As they carry that terd across the field, more morons take notice and begin running alongside them, cheering them on to take that terd all the way down the field stinking and getting their **** stains on everything else along the way. But they don't care, 'Make way for my ****! My terd is just as important as your research and facts!'

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29141 on: Tue, 11 January 2022, 14:53:21 »
As they carry that terd across the field, more morons take notice and begin running alongside them, cheering them on to take that terd all the way down the field stinking and getting their **** stains on everything else along the way. But they don't care, 'Make way for my ****! My terd is just as important as your research and facts!'

You are correct, and that is a problem,  and it would be a BIG problem if antivaxxers were "Immortal".   

But they're squish-ies, and they're dying by the millions.   This is the real life adversarial computational network SORT-ing **** out.   Antivaxxers are the ****. and they're being pooped out by the BODY, and they die.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #29142 on: Tue, 11 January 2022, 15:47:01 »
President Biden just delivered another magnificent speech that will not be heard by the people who most need to hear it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgQqIUdPpkI
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 January 2022, 17:19:03 by fohat.digs »
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29143 on: Tue, 11 January 2022, 16:40:11 »
President Biden just delivered another magnificent speech that will not be heard by the people who most need to hear it.

link

Offline jennyluce

« Reply #29144 on: Wed, 12 January 2022, 01:41:51 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgQqIUdPpkI
What we can do. there are people who don't see what our president is doing for our country. they just what bad thing he has done or they try to manipulate the others.
that is the reason I don't like politics.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #29145 on: Thu, 13 January 2022, 13:39:36 »
Just looked at my new eye drops and there's one ingredient I recognise - hydrochloric acid.  At least it's near the end?!
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29146 on: Thu, 13 January 2022, 14:55:08 »
Just looked at my new eye drops and there's one ingredient I recognise - hydrochloric acid.  At least it's near the end?!

kills germs ?
:D

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #29147 on: Thu, 13 January 2022, 22:53:42 »
Hydrochloric acid is a very simple chemical of hydrogen and chloride ions - the chloride ion being the same as in regular salt, which occurs naturally in the body (and in seawater). When dissolved in water it should just make it a little more sour. It was probably added just to stabilise the acidity of the solution.
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 January 2022, 22:55:22 by Findecanor »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #29148 on: Fri, 14 January 2022, 22:37:17 »
I've a hairline fracture on one of my feet from standing too long at my job that makes standing or putting any weight on it incredibly painful, but have literally zero other choice than to keep making it worse by standing on it all day because I need the money and have no insurance.
Life sure is cool.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #29149 on: Sat, 15 January 2022, 04:43:37 »
I've a hairline fracture on one of my feet from standing too long at my job
Don't you have to hit or attempt to bend a bone to fracture it?  If it really is a work injury don't they have insurance?

My only practical suggestion is to find something to put under the back of your shoe to make it slightly taller - that way you can stand with your weight straight down from your leg and hopefully not put any pressure on the broken bit.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod