Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4196642 times)

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #29850 on: Tue, 16 May 2023, 22:47:46 »
you keep saying this like I want to live longer. also egg whites have 0 cholesterol, so wtf are you even talking about?

tp4 does not recommend either the whites or yolk. the body treats most animal proteins like foreign viruses, leading to persistent low grade inflammation, the proteins are biomimetic.  As opposed to veggie protein which do not trigger the steep immune response. it is very taxing for your body, and puts you at greater risk of autoimmune disorders later in life.

NT, it's not likely this planet will be livable for very much longer anyway,  you might as well try to live healthy for a little longer and see the end.

Show Image

Do you have a source on that, I feel like that isn't true, obviously eating massive amounts of eggs isn't very healthy but the reports I saw said it's fine to eat eggs in moderation.

Also I probably should eat a lot more high protein plants, I heard spinach and lentils are good for that.
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #29851 on: Tue, 16 May 2023, 22:54:20 »
Do you have a source on that, I feel like that isn't true, obviously eating massive amounts of eggs isn't very healthy but the reports I saw said it's fine to eat eggs in moderation.

Also I probably should eat a lot more high protein plants, I heard spinach and lentils are good for that.

Connor WE, Connor SL. Dietary cholesterol and coronary heart disease. Curr Atheroscler Rep. 2002;4(6):425-432.

Hopkins PN. Effects of dietary cholesterol on serum cholesterol: a meta-analysis and review. Am J Clin Nutr. 1992;55(6):1060-1070.

Barnard ND, Long MB, Ferguson JM, Flores R, Kahleova H. Industry funding and cholesterol research: a systematic review. Am J Lifestyle Med. 2021;15(2):165-172.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #29852 on: Wed, 17 May 2023, 02:15:21 »
Wait, so all that protein powder doctors told me to eat like a madman after surgery is also bad? Cause its made of milk, animal protein.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29853 on: Wed, 17 May 2023, 06:28:23 »
Wait, so all that protein powder doctors told me to eat like a madman after surgery is also bad? Cause its made of milk, animal protein.

Animal proteins are not great for the body in general.

But the specific formulation you're taking, if it's the prescribed kind, it is a validated formula for post bariatric nutrition, it may contain other specific supplements. so, not healthy, but it's been tested to get you through this specific condition until you move back to some solid foods.

Milk and milk products are particularly bad for one's health. Milk Casein (protein) has been demonstrably a contributor to high IGF-1 (hormone) promotion which rapidly quickens cancer cell growth and its motility (movement speed).

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29854 on: Wed, 24 May 2023, 18:21:01 »
Tina Turner diagnosed with Intestinal cancer in 2016,  prolly metastasized by that time, died today at 83.

Eat your veggies people... FIBER greatly reduces odds of bowel cancers.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29856 on: Fri, 26 May 2023, 20:53:44 »
Is Relish made from rejected Qukes ?

Should we not buy relish ?

Get the good qukes and diy ?

Offline kurplop

• THE HERO WE DON'T DESERVE
« Reply #29857 on: Sat, 27 May 2023, 10:27:03 »
Tina Turner diagnosed with Intestinal cancer in 2016,  prolly metastasized by that time, died today at 83. 

Eat your veggies people... FIBER greatly reduces odds of bowel cancers.

The average lifespan for an African American woman in the US is 78. I’d say TT did okay considering that she also had renal disease for years..

Animal proteins are not great for the body in general.

But the specific formulation you're taking, if it's the prescribed kind, it is a validated formula for post bariatric nutrition, it may contain other specific supplements. so, not healthy, but it's been tested to get you through this specific condition until you move back to some solid foods.

Milk and milk products are particularly bad for one's health. Milk Casein (protein) has been demonstrably a contributor to high IGF-1 (hormone) promotion which rapidly quickens cancer cell growth and its motility (movement speed).

One has to wonder where TP gets his nutritional info. Animal based foods have a much better amino acid profile (for humans) than plant based. Yes, it is possible to get the same in plants but it’s almost always necessary to combine foods to get the full spectrum of EAA’s; eating rice with beans is one example. Very few plant foods contain the full spectrum in adequate amounts. Animal protein is also more bio available making it easier to get your daily requirement of protein with less calories.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29858 on: Sat, 27 May 2023, 10:53:43 »
One has to wonder where TP gets his nutritional info. Animal based foods have a much better amino acid profile (for humans) than plant based. Yes, it is possible to get the same in plants but it’s almost always necessary to combine foods to get the full spectrum of EAA’s; eating rice with beans is one example. Very few plant foods contain the full spectrum in adequate amounts. Animal protein is also more bio available making it easier to get your daily requirement of protein with less calories.

So, at some point, we "thought" that Animal based proteins were better, because they contain a more "complete" amino acid profile.

This lead to the general description that they were a "higher" quality of protein.

Overtime, we figured out that this protein source actually increases cancer cell motility and division rate.

The amino acid profiles of plants are in fact complete, However, the distribution has peaks such that day to day, you do not get a large influx such that it promotes cancer growth.

Animal proteins also come packaged with significant bio-accumulated doses of pesticides, antibiotics, neu5gc, heme iron, hormones, saturated fats, cholesterol, pcb, dioxins.

PROTEINS is a highly misunderstood nutrients due to the marketing.

Proteins are made from amino acids, there are 22 amino acids, which constructs all 10,000 different proteins in the human body.

All amino acids on the planet originate FROM PLANTS.

Animal proteins are not a short cut,  they promote western lifestyle diseases, cancer, heart disease, diabetes, dementia

Animal proteins are also not more bio-available, they exact an extremely heavy toll on the kidneys and other organs to process.

Offline kurplop

• THE HERO WE DON'T DESERVE
« Reply #29859 on: Sat, 27 May 2023, 11:52:26 »
TP, it’s probably not appropriate for me to discuss this in detail because I don’t have a complete understanding of microbiology and biochemistry. Do you? Because of that, the best we can do is volley information that has been gleaned from “experts” (real or self declared). What you’ve been exposed to seems to make sense to you, and to me likewise. I hope that you don’t think that I’m implying that an emphasis on eating generous amounts of plants is bad. I don’t. Our differences seems to be in the harm or good in diets strictly plant-based.

I’m concerned (regarding anyone who has had gastric bypass surgery) that with the limited volume of food consumption possible, nutrient rich foods are essential. Coupling that with a concurrent weight loss strategy, the need for adequate protein digestion and assimilation is critical to avoid losing excess lean body mass. I’ve known several people who have had surgical interventions to help to lose weight. Most have been successful, most have had some complications, one died from a surgical error which went undetected. The risk of malnutrition is great and need to optimize nutrition is essential. Interestingly enough, B12 deficiency is often present in people after bypass surgery- a vitamin rarely found in plants.

One other point I’d like to add is regarding the myth that consuming a plant only diet protects us from toxins. Recent findings have shown that the highest concentrations of pesticides in plants are found on most of the foods that are also on the top of the healthiest plant-based food list. Blueberries, spinach, broccoli, and kale, among others, all get a generous portion of poisons to get them to market in a presentable state. Perhaps starvation is our only option left?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29860 on: Sat, 27 May 2023, 12:48:21 »
TP, it’s probably not appropriate for me to discuss this in detail because I don’t have a complete understanding of microbiology and biochemistry. Do you? Because of that, the best we can do is volley information that has been gleaned from “experts” (real or self declared). What you’ve been exposed to seems to make sense to you, and to me likewise. I hope that you don’t think that I’m implying that an emphasis on eating generous amounts of plants is bad. I don’t. Our differences seems to be in the harm or good in diets strictly plant-based.

The confusion of today's food system is "deliberate". Kurplop, Tp4 can only point the way, Tp4 has read both sides of the argument, as you know, Tp4 dabbled in keto before becoming Whole FOod Plant Based on Gekha at the direction of Photoelectric, a Gekha admin.

B12 is not made by animals, it is made by soil bacteria, the fact that anyone is low on it, which many people are, including those who eat meat,  is because of modern hygiene. We wash off soil and cook food, both process of which kills bacteria.

Pesticides on veggies, sure, buy organic if you feel inclined, but this does not cancel out the harm that can come from an animal centric food system.

It's not just-pesticides, it's everything else that bio-accumulates, ontop of all the gmo soy/corn we feed to cattle/pig/chicken.

Offline Aquarius

« Reply #29861 on: Fri, 09 June 2023, 05:36:11 »
Haven't enough money is bothering me. because i can't do anything i want. :(

Offline fortissim2

« Reply #29862 on: Mon, 12 June 2023, 10:54:33 »
Kailh low profile switches are dummy hard to get, maybe I should just buy long-pole switches or something :c

Offline phinix

« Reply #29863 on: Tue, 13 June 2023, 02:30:35 »

I’m concerned (regarding anyone who has had gastric bypass surgery) that with the limited volume of food consumption possible, nutrient rich foods are essential. Coupling that with a concurrent weight loss strategy, the need for adequate protein digestion and assimilation is critical to avoid losing excess lean body mass. I’ve known several people who have had surgical interventions to help to lose weight. Most have been successful, most have had some complications, one died from a surgical error which went undetected. The risk of malnutrition is great and need to optimize nutrition is essential. Interestingly enough, B12 deficiency is often present in people after bypass surgery- a vitamin rarely found in plants.

One other point I’d like to add is regarding the myth that consuming a plant only diet protects us from toxins. Recent findings have shown that the highest concentrations of pesticides in plants are found on most of the foods that are also on the top of the healthiest plant-based food list. Blueberries, spinach, broccoli, and kale, among others, all get a generous portion of poisons to get them to market in a presentable state. Perhaps starvation is our only option left?

I confirm, I had gastric surgery 2 months ago and was told to add B12 supplement in amount of 1000mcg per day to my diet.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29864 on: Tue, 13 June 2023, 15:34:16 »
Stepped barefoot on a bee during sun-walk.

What terrible luck, nicked by stinger between toes, Max oucho..

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #29865 on: Tue, 13 June 2023, 16:47:33 »
The Department Of Social Services is the worst and most disorganized government facility I have ever encountered. Regular 2-3 hour wait times, just to get a transfer to the dept you need, then ANOTHER 2-3 hour wait before they close at 3pm and disconnect you automatically with no call back options. They expect you to spend a minimum of 4 hours on the phone to speak with an agent, and run you around until the phone services close. The one time I did reach an agent they immediately hung up on me right after I responded with "Hello"

So I figured I would go there in person. Lady was super rude and started speaking to me in a slow baby voice, no joke, like I was a child or idiot, absolute ****. People around me were looking over like "WTF is wrong with this woman"
Then I spend 4.5 hours sitting there waiting for an interview THEY set the date for, and the ****ing offices closed as I was waiting. Never got the interview. Wasted my entire day, including the extensive bus trip there and back and I already have extremely limited resources.

**** STATE OF WA DEPT OF SOCIAL SERVICES - monstrous *******s without a single shred of decency or professionalism.
And even worse, these are supposedly services for people struggling with buying food and paying for housing. It is no wonder the homeless problem in this state is so atrocious.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29866 on: Tue, 13 June 2023, 17:48:28 »
vaguely remember a while back there was something in the news about people camping out for food stamps.

Offline iri

« Reply #29867 on: Wed, 14 June 2023, 15:54:23 »
imagine not having an e-government in the 21st century
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #29868 on: Wed, 14 June 2023, 22:36:26 »
The Department Of Social Services is the worst and most disorganized government facility I have ever encountered. Regular 2-3 hour wait times, just to get a transfer to the dept you need, then ANOTHER 2-3 hour wait before they close at 3pm and disconnect you automatically with no call back options. They expect you to spend a minimum of 4 hours on the phone to speak with an agent, and run you around until the phone services close. The one time I did reach an agent they immediately hung up on me right after I responded with "Hello"

So I figured I would go there in person. Lady was super rude and started speaking to me in a slow baby voice, no joke, like I was a child or idiot, absolute ****. People around me were looking over like "WTF is wrong with this woman"
Then I spend 4.5 hours sitting there waiting for an interview THEY set the date for, and the ****ing offices closed as I was waiting. Never got the interview. Wasted my entire day, including the extensive bus trip there and back and I already have extremely limited resources.

**** STATE OF WA DEPT OF SOCIAL SERVICES - monstrous *******s without a single shred of decency or professionalism.
And even worse, these are supposedly services for people struggling with buying food and paying for housing. It is no wonder the homeless problem in this state is so atrocious.

It's by design.
It's the same reason you see adverts for Texas food stamp programs and such in Ohio or something... The law said they had to advertise it, they just never said where so they advertise it to people who can't use it. These people who say gov doesn't work, they're right, but it could if they'd stop electing people who want to sabotage it.

Hope you get the help you need.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29869 on: Thu, 15 June 2023, 02:46:34 »
It's by design.
It's the same reason you see adverts for Texas food stamp programs and such in Ohio or something... The law said they had to advertise it, they just never said where so they advertise it to people who can't use it. These people who say gov doesn't work, they're right, but it could if they'd stop electing people who want to sabotage it.

It's like living in "Silo."

There's no reason any dumb people should exist, and yet they do, the education system is deliberately bad to churn out people who "the Above" could rule over.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #29870 on: Thu, 15 June 2023, 02:57:29 »
It's by design.

It's like living in "Silo."

There's no reason any dumb person should exist, and yet they do, the education system is deliberately bad to churn out people who "the Above" could rule over.

Show Image

bro, did you just call me dumb?

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #29872 on: Thu, 15 June 2023, 04:07:18 »
I'm just joking tp, sarcasm don't come across well in typeface  ;)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #29873 on: Thu, 15 June 2023, 07:13:58 »

people who say gov doesn't work, they're right, but it could if they'd stop electing people who want to sabotage it.

Ronald Reagan plunged the poison dagger into the heart of America when he preached "The government is not the solution, it is the problem."

In that scenario, then what, pray tell, IS the solution? In his universe Exxon-Mobil, AT&T, and Bank of America would be the saviors of the human race.

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29874 on: Thu, 15 June 2023, 09:15:58 »

people who say gov doesn't work, they're right, but it could if they'd stop electing people who want to sabotage it.

Ronald Reagan plunged the poison dagger into the heart of America when he preached "The government is not the solution, it is the problem."

In that scenario, then what, pray tell, IS the solution? In his universe Exxon-Mobil, AT&T, and Bank of America would be the saviors of the human race.

Fohat, we'd all like someone to blame,  but it was humanity in general,   the perception of warring tribes of progressives vs conservatives is an inaccurate portrait of what really occured.

They all made continuous bad choices as leaders.

WE the people, especially your generation, some unknowningly, made the worst personal consumptive decisions with no regard for the environment, which is what powered-up those criminal leaders in the first place.

A Failed State is a sum failure of all constituents.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29875 on: Fri, 16 June 2023, 23:21:44 »
Think might have Tetanus.

Stepped on a dry twig barefoot yesterday, skin puncture, wound is small already invisible.

However, slight swelling and tight at the jaw/neck.

Last tetanus shot was 7 years back. hrrrrm..

This is how I die.... 

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29876 on: Wed, 21 June 2023, 09:27:00 »
So headlines pop up about another kids sh00tn', and you google it, and there's 3-4 other articles about it in the sames state, and you don't even know they're not talking about the same one, unless you look at the date.

We need better education and income equality. 

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #29877 on: Thu, 22 June 2023, 03:03:06 »
My bedroom is constantly 20-30° F hotter than every other room in the apartment. All year round. That means when it hits 90° outside, my bedroom is about 115°.
It is insane how hot the room gets, I need to have the window open year-round. If the window is shut for even 30 mins, the temp shoots up to absurd levels.
Is my room build over an active volcano? Are my upstairs neighbors running a nuclear reactor above me? It's not even in the sun, it is totally shaded by the walkway outside. I can understand like 10°, but to be 20-30° hotter is absurd. You can literally keep the door open and feel the drastic temp difference when you step into the doorway. The heat just punches you like a wave.
It is only nice in the winter since I rarely need to run my heater. Dead of winter in my bedroom with the windows open feels like a mild spring day.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29878 on: Thu, 22 June 2023, 06:25:05 »
put shiny foil on the window, tape it nicely and flat so it reflects the maximum amount of light.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #29879 on: Thu, 22 June 2023, 07:26:13 »
Heat is almost surely coming up from below. You have to know what is beneath you to solve this problem.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #29880 on: Thu, 22 June 2023, 13:57:16 »
Heat is almost surely coming up from below. You have to know what is beneath you to solve this problem.

That is what's odd, I'm on the ground floor and the building is in a forest.
Some secret forgotten nuclear warhead storage leaking? That would explain my hair falling out and skin peeling off.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29881 on: Thu, 22 June 2023, 15:42:37 »
That is what's odd, I'm on the ground floor and the building is in a forest.
Some secret forgotten warhed storage leaking? That would explain my hair falling out and skin peeling off.

Hair falling out is due to high testosterone from the animal foods. Japanese dermatologists noticed there were very few old bald men in japan before westernization of diet. After the meats came in, they all started going bald. Same case in China.

You would be more obviously sick if it was nvcular waste dump.

Does the room face west ?

Offline kolektador

« Reply #29882 on: Fri, 23 June 2023, 06:12:01 »
My life. Everything..
The true endgame keyboard is not a perfect keyboard but a keyboard that makes you feel satisfied and at peace while using it  :)

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #29883 on: Fri, 23 June 2023, 06:26:21 »
Hair falling out is due to high testosterone from the animal foods. Japanese dermatologists noticed there were very few old bald men in japan before westernization of diet. After the meats came in, they all started going bald.
Hormones given to farm animals is a US thing. It's illegal elsewhere.

BTW. I was visibly balding at 24 y/o, after having been a vegetarian for ten years at that time. I blame the genes from my maternal grandfather more than anything.
It is not just the testosterone levels: it is about how testosterone is transformed to other chemicals in the body and about the receptors for those chemicals in the follicle cells.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #29884 on: Fri, 23 June 2023, 16:35:15 »
Hair falling out is due to high testosterone from the animal foods. Japanese dermatologists noticed there were very few old bald men in japan before westernization of diet. After the meats came in, they all started going bald.

BTW. I was visibly balding at 24 y/o, after having been a vegetarian for ten years at that time. I blame the genes from my maternal grandfather more than anything.
It is not just the testosterone levels: it is about how testosterone is transformed to other chemicals in the body and about the receptors for those chemicals in the follicle cells.

Baldness is almost 100% genetics, stress and age as well. Did you read about the mole hair thing? There's some material in moles that cause even bald people to sprout mole hairs, scientists think this is the key to new hair growth by creating a giant mole on your head. idk I didn't read the article.

Offline Rhienfo

« Reply #29885 on: Fri, 23 June 2023, 21:00:24 »

Baldness is almost 100% genetics, stress and age as well. Did you read about the mole hair thing? There's some material in moles that cause even bald people to sprout mole hairs, scientists think this is the key to new hair growth by creating a giant mole on your head. idk I didn't read the article.

Male pattern baldness is probably the biggest factor when it comes to early onset baldness, you can take treatments (and of course hair transplants). I have read that higher amounts of testosterone does link with an increase chance of baldness but idk it's probably more complex than that.
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #29886 on: Fri, 23 June 2023, 21:00:28 »
The amount of sugar in this Faygo Pineapple, holy crow! I was wondering why my hands were shaking.
300022-0

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29887 on: Fri, 23 June 2023, 21:15:50 »
The amount of sugar in this Faygo Pineapple, holy crow! I was wondering why my hands were shaking.

That sugar is bad for people is one of the largest dietary deceptions perpetrated on us by the industry.

Walter Kempner, was curing diabetes since 1942, by giving patients RICE + White sugar.

His personal income from medical practice sponsored Duke University for many years in its early days.

https://www.drmcdougall.com/education/information-all/walter-kempner-md-founder-of-the-rice-diet/

Offline Rhienfo

« Reply #29888 on: Fri, 23 June 2023, 21:47:33 »

That sugar is bad for people is one of the largest dietary deceptions perpetrated on us by the industry.

Walter Kempner, was curing diabetes since 1942, by giving patients RICE + White sugar.

His personal income from medical practice sponsored Duke University for many years in its early days.

https://www.drmcdougall.com/education/information-all/walter-kempner-md-founder-of-the-rice-diet/

Aren't there different types of sugars though, natural sugars should are fine in moderation (Like everything in this world) but this drink has no natural sugars (It literally says that it "Contains no fruit juice" XD) and high amounts of processed sugars, like high fructose corn syrup have been linked to disease and obesity.

2 servings of this equating to 164% of your daily sugars is not healthy in the slightest, especially when people won't look at the serving sizes and drink the whole thing, making it worse.
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29889 on: Fri, 23 June 2023, 22:47:25 »

Aren't there different types of sugars though, natural sugars should are fine in moderation (Like everything in this world) but this drink has no natural sugars (It literally says that it "Contains no fruit juice" XD) and high amounts of processed sugars, like high fructose corn syrup have been linked to disease and obesity.

2 servings of this equating to 164% of your daily sugars is not healthy in the slightest, especially when people won't look at the serving sizes and drink the whole thing, making it worse.

Softdrinks, especially caffeinated ones are dangerous in that they are hyper-palatables. They compel over consumption in more ways than the drink itself.

But, the argument for white sugar being bad, when something like date sugar is consider good is not accurate, and it muddies the real culprit of world obesity which is FATS-consumption.

The body can consume an enormous amount of sugar, and NOT store it, De Novo Lipo genesis is an extremely energy intensive process, and for "HUMANS" the body would rather you increase phsycial activity and HEAT, than try to store that sugar.

Whereas, FATS has a 91% efficient storage rate, the body is so efficient in storing fats that it does not even change the composition of the fat. If you eat nothing but olive oil, we can biopsy your stomach flab, and it would still come out as olive oil.

""
Under experimental laboratory conditions, overfeeding of large amounts of simple sugars to subjects, will result in a miniscule amount of de novo lipogenesis. 

-- For example, trim and obese women were overfed 50% more total calories than they usually ate in a day, along with an extra 3.5 ounces (135 grams) of refined sugar.

-- From this overfeeding the women produced less than 4 grams (36 calories) of fat daily, which means a person would have to be overfed by this amount of extra calories and sugar every day for nearly 4 months in order to gain one extra pound of body fat. ""

McDevitt RM, Bott SJ, Harding M, Coward WA, Bluck LJ, Prentice AM.  De novo lipogenesis during controlled overfeeding with sucrose or glucose in lean and obese women. Am J Clin Nutr. 2001 Dec;74(6):737-46

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29890 on: Sat, 24 June 2023, 13:25:41 »
7900 xt prices..... finger biting. but really should hold out for XTX.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29891 on: Mon, 26 June 2023, 06:38:12 »

Oreos are 2136 calories per pound

vs

Potato chips are 2432.1 calories per pound

vs

Potatoes, only ~500 calories per pound

Offline phinix

« Reply #29892 on: Tue, 27 June 2023, 07:33:35 »
Show Image

vs

vs

Do your potato chips without oil, baked with just spray oil  :)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29893 on: Tue, 27 June 2023, 07:36:17 »
Show Image

vs

vs

Why isn't this a product phinix, industrial can do this so much more efficiently than we can

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #29894 on: Tue, 27 June 2023, 07:56:00 »
Wanting to store and distribute various files to friends and family, twice I have recently bought lots of 5 cheap-ish USB drives (in the 32GB-64GB range) on ebay.

They have consistently been junk, many don't work at all or are excruciatingly slow.

I suppose that I need to pay more and buy name brands.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29895 on: Tue, 27 June 2023, 08:10:14 »
Wanting to store and distribute various files to friends and family, twice I have recently bought lots of 5 cheap-ish USB drives (in the 32GB-64GB range) on ebay.

They have consistently been junk, many don't work at all or are excruciatingly slow.

I suppose that I need to pay more and buy name brands.

What type of files and the average size ?

Offline phinix

« Reply #29896 on: Tue, 27 June 2023, 17:01:20 »
Show Image

vs

vs

Why isn't this a product phinix, industrial can do this so much more efficiently than we can

Cause they want us to be addicted to food, eat unhealthy things, so more people get sick, get cancer and they gonna get richer by producing/selling chemo and other drugs.
Conspiracy theory   :D

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29897 on: Tue, 27 June 2023, 17:11:19 »
Cause they want us to be addicted to food, eat unhealthy things, so more people get sick, get cancer and they gonna get richer by producing/selling chemo and other drugs.

/NOT a conspiracy, that part is 100% real.

If we look at stats for most heart surgeries and chemo,  it does not improve the lifespan of patients.

Offline phinix

« Reply #29898 on: Tue, 27 June 2023, 17:27:24 »

/NOT a conspiracy, that part is 100% real.

If we look at stats for most heart surgeries and chemo,  it does not improve the lifespan of patients.

That is why we never gonna see cure for cancer - they cannot lose all that money that goes for chemo treatments.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29899 on: Tue, 27 June 2023, 17:38:07 »
That is why we never gonna see cure for cancer - they cannot lose all that money that goes for chemo treatments.

The KEY is prevention, a healthy diet centered around low fat, whole food plant based significantly reduces cancer/heart disease/ diabetes.

Big pharma and the food industry has engaged in significant lobbying at Universities to NOT TEACH nutrition as a primary care for doctors to prescribe.  They want to push pills that treat symptoms and ultimately does not work to cure the disease.

In fact, the food industry outright re-wrote the IPCC recommendations of people going Plant-Based to rectify climate change.

In the same way back in the day they stopped the WHO recommendation to reduce refined sugar consumption.