Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4242494 times)

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #6650 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 20:40:20 »
Ctrl Alt go out of their way to get my express shipping on Hyperfuse as I'm leaving the country on Monday. EMS package spends 3 days sitting in San Francisco.
**** you USPS

USPS can really be a bastard sometimes. I feel for you man.

The package made it to Sydney!
Thanks for you thoughts :)

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #6651 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 22:43:53 »

Ctrl Alt go out of their way to get my express shipping on Hyperfuse as I'm leaving the country on Monday. EMS package spends 3 days sitting in San Francisco.
**** you USPS

USPS can really be a bastard sometimes. I feel for you man.

The package made it to Sydney!
Thanks for you thoughts :)
Canada Post is currently being a real turd as well. There's a good chance they put my clackvent keys is someone else's mailbox by mistake. And poof! They are "delivered successfully" but not to me!
Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #6652 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 23:00:22 »
my knee

it hurts
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #6653 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 23:51:24 »
Also found out yesterday that I might have an intolerance to crab. Last two times I ate it I was violently ill for hours in all the extremely gross ways you would think. I'll have to try once more to be sure. But I love crab!

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6654 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 01:38:42 »
Also found out yesterday that I might have an intolerance to crab. Last two times I ate it I was violently ill for hours in all the extremely gross ways you would think. I'll have to try once more to be sure. But I love crab!
Maybe try different type of crabs, you might allergic to one or two only depending the place where they caught it
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #6655 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 01:40:15 »

Maybe try different type of crabs, you might allergic to one or two only depending the place where they caught it
King crab both times. Not sure of the region they were caught.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #6656 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 07:08:17 »
But I love crab!

My sister had to give up chocolate, her favorite food in the world, because it triggered migraines.

A while back, the Post Office put my package in locker 22, but gave me the key for locker 27, obviously due to someone's poor handwriting when noting what went where. Fortunately, there was a manager who was willing to go through all the boxes until she found my package. Not all of them are that accommodating.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline RoastPotatoes

• * Maker
    • RoastPotatoes Keyboard Blog
« Reply #6657 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 10:26:07 »
My paypal account's being closed and I don't think I can make another one.

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #6658 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 10:35:43 »

uhoh, what happened?
B.Face HHKB - B.mini - Black/Purple Custom

Offline RoastPotatoes

• * Maker
« Reply #6659 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 11:02:44 »

uhoh, what happened?
I'm just not 18 and wasn't in 2013 when I opened the account. I had to verify who I was because they had frozen my account so they of course found out my age. I don't remember lying about my age. But I think I signed up through ebay.

Offline Remenition

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Cooler than your average kid ;)
« Reply #6660 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 11:36:56 »

uhoh, what happened?
I'm just not 18 and wasn't in 2013 when I opened the account. I had to verify who I was because they had frozen my account so they of course found out my age. I don't remember lying about my age. But I think I signed up through ebay.
God man, that sucks. I had my mom verify her paypal and don it to me, so now my information is under my Mom's name, but I still actively use the paypal account. It's linked to my bank account and my debit card and everything.

Offline RoastPotatoes

• * Maker
« Reply #6661 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 12:03:06 »

uhoh, what happened?
God man, that sucks. I had my mom verify her paypal and don it to me, so now my information is under my Mom's name, but I still actively use the paypal account. It's linked to my bank account and my debit card and everything.
I'll probably just have to do something like that. Everyone uses paypal, so I'm a bit stuck without it. I'm just waiting for the mass adoption of bitcoin.

Offline TastaturenAuslese

• Formerly temence
  • life marrow suckerer
« Reply #6662 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 12:07:05 »

uhoh, what happened?
I'll probably just have to do something like that. Everyone uses paypal, so I'm a bit stuck without it. I'm just waiting for the mass adoption of bitcoin.
You're not 18? :O
Home: Kishsaver - IBM 6019284/F62 | Work: HHKB Professional 2 Silenced | Temporary Retirement:
More
IBM '89 1391401 Merrill Lynch Financial Edition

They are a functional and practical indulgence.

Offline Remenition

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6663 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 12:34:19 »

uhoh, what happened?
teenagers for life binge!

Offline RoastPotatoes

• * Maker
« Reply #6664 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 12:40:44 »

uhoh, what happened?
I'm 17  :o

Offline Remenition

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6665 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 12:45:04 »

uhoh, what happened?
older than me. hmph.

Offline RoastPotatoes

• * Maker
« Reply #6666 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 12:55:24 »

uhoh, what happened?
older than me. hmph.
A little bit, and I can't fence.

Offline oledome

• not batman
« Reply #6667 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 14:45:11 »
I freelance with a company that decided to use all CAPS for every folder name.

Offline skycrimes

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6668 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 15:01:47 »
internet at work wasn't working for like 30 min. Was literally just starring at a screen for 30 min  :'(

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #6669 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 15:26:44 »
been traveling for work 5 out of the past 6 weeks and i have another trip next week. gained silver status with delta in only a few months time. its bothering my wife more than it bothers me

also gogo in flight wifi is so freaking slow, this is where someone links louis ck vid on flying, ****ing first world problems

Offline Remenition

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6670 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 15:48:11 »

uhoh, what happened?
older than me. hmph.
A little bit, and I can't fence.
but you have a british accent, i think you win.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6671 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 22:02:50 »
I freelance with a company that decided to use all CAPS for every folder name.

At least it's not 8.3 filenames :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #6672 on: Thu, 27 August 2015, 23:07:37 »
Due to having to stay up for various reasons, I seem to be left in the halls with all the people who have never had a drink before, or who are slightly autistic.

Fun.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Remenition

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6673 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 00:03:56 »
That I'm staying up until 3:00 AM for the KeyKollectiv Sale. #dedication.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6674 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 00:07:03 »

Welcome to InsomniaHack!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Remenition

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6675 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 00:19:29 »

Welcome to InsomniaHack!
Thanks, I'll enjoy my stay.

• Formerly temence
  • life marrow suckerer
« Reply #6676 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 04:59:35 »
Just paid off my credit card in full, and it took a huge dent out of my savings :(
Also, there are 4 artisan sales today lol.
Home: Kishsaver - IBM 6019284/F62 | Work: HHKB Professional 2 Silenced | Temporary Retirement:
More

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #6677 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 05:03:53 »
Just paid off my credit card in full, and it took a huge dent out of my savings :(
best get saving the pennys then :X or you know just let me buy everything >:D

And again the highway robbery that is Royal Mails "Handling" charge of £8 Fudge that I'm cool with paying the customs and VAT and maybe £5 if you get my parcel to me in a timely manner but you can bugger off with that charge the customs fee was only £6 to start with :I
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

• Formerly temence
  • life marrow suckerer
« Reply #6678 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 05:05:58 »

And again the highway robbery that is Royal Mails "Handling" charge of £8 Fudge that I'm cool with paying the customs and VAT and maybe £5 if you get my parcel to me in a timely manner but you can bugger off with that charge the customs fee was only £6 to start with :I
Unfortunately, we Canadians don't have pennies anymore. They were phased out two years ago lol.
More

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #6679 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 05:07:01 »

Unfortunately, we Canadians don't have pennies anymore. They were phased out two years ago lol.
Ohh then does everything get rounded up? or more to the point what do "Penny" sweets cost?
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
More

• Formerly temence
  • life marrow suckerer
« Reply #6680 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 05:08:26 »

Ohh then does everything get rounded up? or more to the point what do "Penny" sweets cost?
Yeah, they get rounded to the nearest .05. "Nickel" sweets, I guess?
More

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6681 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 05:18:50 »
Know how it feels bro..
Been in similar situation lately
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #6682 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 05:24:34 »

I know dem feels, £3 fee on a £25 item plus a minimum handling cost of £8 total of £11 plus I have to drive to my nearest distribution station 30 minutes away... flm extra 50% cost   :'(
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #6683 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 05:56:23 »

I know dem feels, £3 fee on a £25 item plus a minimum handling cost of £8 total of £11 plus I have to drive to my nearest distribution station 30 minutes away... flm extra 50% cost   :'(
And then if it's parcel force they make you wait a week before they even decide to post it out to you, this is why I usually use FedEx and such as I pay fees after I get my stuff and it take 3 days anywhere in the world to reach me :/
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #6684 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 16:56:49 »
if one more kid "whips" or "nae nae's" in front of my car, im running them the **** over
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #6685 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 16:57:34 »
if one more kid "whips" or "nae nae's" in front of my car, im running them the **** over

No you won't.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #6686 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 20:30:32 »

Get off my lawn kids!  Or I'll give you a whipping to neigh about!
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #6687 on: Fri, 28 August 2015, 21:04:25 »
wait like, at a red light or something? I haven't even heard about this
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #6688 on: Sat, 29 August 2015, 03:57:54 »
What's bothering me right now is that there are no trains to Stafford at all today, and this is the last weekend I can get the stuff out of my old flat. Piss take.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #6689 on: Sat, 29 August 2015, 04:29:44 »
Public transportation is the worst.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #6690 on: Sat, 29 August 2015, 07:16:48 »
Public transportation is the worst.
trains arn't running correctly today because everyones going to leeds fest .-.

Now I have to get on the peasant wagon, with the weird person shaking in the back and smelling of booze .-. I feel like I will get stabbed leeds is a rough place would not reccommend :X
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #6691 on: Sat, 29 August 2015, 08:20:40 »
Plus First Great Western are striking this weekend.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
« Reply #6692 on: Sat, 29 August 2015, 10:01:37 »
Lost a stem from my TKL Hipro...

T.T

RIP

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #6693 on: Sat, 29 August 2015, 10:02:39 »
My wallet was lost/stolen last night. Super ****ing annoying.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #6694 on: Sat, 29 August 2015, 10:18:47 »

Like mugged / robbed? =O

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #6695 on: Sat, 29 August 2015, 10:21:13 »

Like mugged / robbed? =O

Nah I had it on the table while I was eating at a restaurant and I'm pretty sure someone swiped it while I wasn't paying attention. It's possible I just lost it but I'm pretty sure I remember taking it out of my pocket when we sat down.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline GL1TCH3D

« Reply #6696 on: Sat, 29 August 2015, 10:32:23 »

Like mugged / robbed? =O

Nah I had it on the table while I was eating at a restaurant and I'm pretty sure someone swiped it while I wasn't paying attention. It's possible I just lost it but I'm pretty sure I remember taking it out of my pocket when we sat down.

Happened with my music player. Took it out of my pocket and didn't have anything plugged into it. Next thing I know I can't find it.

That sucks man.

Just make sure to cancel the cards =(

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #6697 on: Sat, 29 August 2015, 10:36:54 »
Come to work at a later hr. Door not open.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #6698 on: Sat, 29 August 2015, 12:15:41 »
Well today was pretty great, became a white van man for the afternoon, now I'm back on a bus so taking me to another city so I can get a train from there, to get home... Ugh

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #6699 on: Sat, 29 August 2015, 12:23:30 »
Well today was pretty great, became a white van man for the afternoon, now I'm back on a bus so taking me to another city so I can get a train from there, to get home... Ugh

do these vans have seats? or r you guys ontop of eachother.