Author Topic: Price of Jars  (Read 2600 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Price of Jars
« on: Thu, 23 February 2023, 11:02:38 »
It's insane, that the cost of jars greatly GREATLY exceed the cost of buying a product that's already in the size jar that you want.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
Re: Price of Jars
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 23 February 2023, 15:42:27 »
People buy empty jars?
I always assumed people bought things contained in jars, then wound up with empty ones.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 23 February 2023, 16:02:10 »
I disagree. Since I have been keeping a garden, I have been buying a lot more jars.

Large jars (eg half-gallon) can be upwards of $3 each, but moderate ones (eg quart and smaller) are not much over $1 each (when not bought individually, of course).

getting pickles on sale + their jars is cheaper than the links.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 23 February 2023, 17:41:41 »

People buy empty jars?

If you are serious about canning you need the 2-piece tops to get a dependable seal, and it is best not to re-use the part with the seal.

Also, in the US, "Mason" and "Ball" jars are standardized, while grocery store products have many non-standard shapes and lids.

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 23 February 2023, 17:47:02 »

getting pickles on sale + their jars is cheaper than the links.

You must be buying low-quality pickles in low-quality jars.

But I will say that I have bought products for the container that they were in, sometimes even discarding the product.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 24 February 2023, 03:09:36 »
Jars?! I think I might at most have bought two or three jars over the course of my entire life xD .
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 24 February 2023, 08:20:41 »

three jars over the course of my entire life

When you start your vegetable garden you will need them to preserve your summer excess for the winter.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 25 February 2023, 03:13:04 »

When you start your vegetable garden you will need them to preserve your summer excess for the winter.
Ah, that would explain it. I don't eat that stuff, let alone grow it 8) .

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 25 February 2023, 21:41:46 »

Meat undergoes putrifaction in the body chyros, that is why "true" carnivores like lions have a very short intestine to body ratio.  This is a leading contributor to colon cancer.

Humans are biological herbivores.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 26 February 2023, 05:41:00 »

Humans are biological herbivores.
That's like telling a panda to stop eating bamboo :p . You tell that thing it's actually a carnivore :p .