Author Topic: Internet Addiction  (Read 2765 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Internet Addiction
« on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 05:14:26 »
Tp4 internets at least 14 hours a day minimum..   

Recently considering cutting back..

Has anyone had any positive results from using less internet..

Yes tp4 am aware that it is silly to ask on the internet about using less internet.

--on the flip side, where would i find answers and people to talk to except on the internet...

Offline Mechboards

• * Vendor
  • Mechboards UK
    • Mechboards
Re: Internet Addiction
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 05:25:25 »
Take a book to a local park and chill out. No phone, nothing.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 05:29:31 »
Less internet might lead to gf/wife then kids, mortgage, car payments, moar insurance, etc

Just internet it's cheaper.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 05:34:57 »
I pulled my computer to pieces to cut a hole in the case on Saturday, got bored and could not be bothered to put it back together.

I ended up getting drunk twice and cruising around with my friends in my car (after no longer being drunk) whilst blasting Wheeler Walker Jr. Did this for about 3 hours. Just for context, its about 4 minutes from one side of this **** hole of a town to the other.

If I hadn't just put the **** back together, I would probably be drunk again.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 05:44:04 »
I started using the internet less when I got married, bought a house and car.
So many other things to spend my time on these days and the internet just isn't a priority.

Offline killiah

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 06:27:35 »
i think many of us have internet adtiton, guys. about myself ican say that i use internet often :eek:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 11:45:06 »
Just bought another gam3r mouse.

WHY.. Why tp..  why can't you STOP.. !!

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 16:36:26 »
Haven't posted this gem lately:
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 16:55:38 »

Nuh Unhn

Tp4 looks like this.. !!

171218-0

Offline mrduul

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 19:36:15 »
It's more or less how you use the internet.

You can use it to be a total perv or invent the next best technology.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 21:32:21 »
It's more or less how you use the internet.

You can use it to be a total perv or invent the next best technology.

Odds are most here on Geekhack Central, fit the preceding category with ease   :thumb: .

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 19 June 2017, 22:19:21 »

You seem to post that every time tp4 whinges about too much or too little internet :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Shapey Fiend

« Reply #12 on: Sat, 24 June 2017, 05:00:38 »
I used spend 2/3rds of my life on the internet. Forums were the best place for this because you get lots of feedback unlike social media which feels a bit like you're typing into a void half the time. Chatting to yourself. Think it really contributes to the sense of isolation people feel nowadays they're super antisocial compared to this format.

Anyway I mostly weaned myself off using the internet on my phone a couple of years ago by turning off all notifications. Seems to work. Also try avoid writing anything cos then I'll have to go back and read more and respond to it and the timesink continues. Particularly because inputting is so much slower on a phone you end up spending way more time getting very little done.

I've been working stupid hours on a computer for the last couple of years so I don't need much incentive to get off it in my free time now unless I'm particularly exhausted. My only vice is Youtube.
« Last Edit: Sat, 24 June 2017, 05:03:02 by Shapey Fiend »

Offline Belfong

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 24 June 2017, 08:14:32 »
Less internet might lead to gf/wife then kids, mortgage, car payments, moar insurance, etc

Just internet it's cheaper.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Can vouch, wise words.
And internet can't nag nor insist on seeking your attention.

Stay back with internet. Real life is not as it sound  :eek:

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #14 on: Thu, 29 June 2017, 06:05:33 »
I quit facebook and felt great. Have replaced it with Geekhack and a bit of Reddit and 2am imgur meme dump scrolling.

Bedtime is the worst. Impossible to lay down and sleep. Just swipe until my eyes close.

Scroll on.

Offline Shapey Fiend

« Reply #15 on: Fri, 30 June 2017, 13:48:41 »
Sleep wise I read kindle or listen to podcasts. Something about books always makes you more sleepy than regular internets.

Internet and sleep can also be solved by having a child. They disrupt both so much you'll never take either for granted again.

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 30 June 2017, 15:34:23 »
Sleep wise I read kindle or listen to podcasts. Something about books always makes you more sleepy than regular internets.

Internet and sleep can also be solved by having a child. They disrupt both so much you'll never take either for granted again.

I have a child, it hasn't helped. I agree about the reading though. In fact I read books on a kindle app on my phone, and it's true, I'll drop straight off if I read that in bed. Problem is dragging myself away from the safari app. It's ridiculous really, cos I know the book is gonna be enjoyable and get me off to sleep, but still I opt for internet nearly every time...