Author Topic: beef, just, maybe don't eat it  (Read 4617 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
beef, just, maybe don't eat it
« on: Fri, 21 April 2023, 01:49:06 »
So, was watching a documentary on chickens.

And they mentioned all the chicken litter, (poo) left on the ground is put into a stacking system which heats up and mitigates bacteria, then they pay cattle farmers to pick it up,  which they then feed to cows.

We knew about this, not a secret, but tp4 never really looked into well how much of the poo are they combining with the feed.

This is common practice for cattlemen, and over the years to this day has INCREASED due to rising feed costs.

____- ration A for dry Brood cows 800 lb poop + 200 lb corn + xx-vitamins(per day)

____- ration B for Lactating cows 650 lb poop + 350 lb corn + xx

____- ration C for Stocker cows 500 lb poop + 500 lb corn + xx

So if you're eating beef, or drinking milk, well, consider cashew milk

They tightened regulations in the UK, because this lead to an outbreak of foot and mouth disease over there, but it still goes on.

Source: Alabama A&M University

Article date: 2020

https://www.aces.edu/blog/topics/beef/feeding-broiler-litter-to-beef-cattle/

Table 2.

Offline Findecanor

Re: beef, just, maybe don't eat it
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 21 April 2023, 04:49:30 »
I didn't know about it, and am surprised.

According to the article, you can even feed cows with chicken litter that contains veterinarian drugs, although there are some rules about it.
That reminds me of a documentary I watched a few years ago about a slaughter house in the US that got cows' thyroid glands into their ground beef, and thereby gave a whole town thyroid problems.
That was by accident, but I'm afraid that rules about drugs in litter could also be broken on purpose to save money.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 21 April 2023, 07:02:11 »
glad to be of help findecanor,

talk about actuating the colloquialism  "eat sh** and die."

at the point where a cow is fed more doodoo than corn. sumtn's not right. LOL

also not just the glands problem, mad cow disease isn't even being tested for in 90% of usa stock because it's still going on. over there in england they tested and culled, but since the outbreak there are still people developing symptoms over the decades and only now going in for treatment.

all farm animals have alot of cancers/ cysts in their flesh, a butcher has to manually squeeze that out before they sell the meat. pretty gross.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 21 April 2023, 07:56:56 »
TP4, I usually blow off a large portion of your ranting, but this is truly appalling.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline kurplop

• THE HERO WE DON'T DESERVE
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 21 April 2023, 08:00:09 »
For centuries farmers have been feeding their crops manure. Nothing to see here, folks.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 21 April 2023, 08:18:40 »
For centuries farmers have been feeding their crops manure. Nothing to see here, folks.

oh come on kurplop, there's a big difference here.

bacteria in the soil breaks down the compounds and detoxifies it, then the plant roots and its own bac-colonies does further filtration and recombination,  a very lengthy process before it get to you.

I don't want to sound obtuse kurplop, but you really think this is what a cow normally eats? up to 80% of direct chicken feces ? We know about dung beetles, sure, cows =/= dung beetle ?

And you truly believe that this is an animal that you'd like to eat?

Even if you went and bought grass fed, they all go to the same slaughter houses, so there's cross contamination with the poo fed cows on all the places and equipment.

Offline kurplop

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 21 April 2023, 08:36:09 »
I am being partly facetious but just as waste is broken down in the soil to produce plant nutrients, a similar process is used within the gut biome. Almost any organic process can appear disgusting when over examined.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 21 April 2023, 08:39:58 »
I am being partly facetious but just as waste is broken down in the soil to produce plant nutrients, a similar process is used within the gut biome. Almost any organic process can appear disgusting when over examined.

I'm not pressing you on any point kurplop, but you'd agree there's something intuitively wrong here with the food system.

We are internet buddies, I have no nefarious social justice goal, please consider cashew/oat/almond milk, for one's own sake.

Also check out the documentary "The plastic cow" (33m 54s), and never eat beef products from or NEAR India, or you know anywhere but very much India + Surrounding countries).

Offline kurplop

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 21 April 2023, 08:47:39 »
I’ll check it out.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 21 April 2023, 12:26:00 »
Wait till you learn about some of the seafood you eat...
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 21 April 2023, 15:02:08 »

TP4 knows all about zombie salmon.  //Seaspiracy (2021)

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 21 April 2023, 17:30:44 »
....wouldn't that make cows quite sustainable though?
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 21 April 2023, 17:42:12 »
....wouldn't that make cows quite sustainable though?

lol, no, it still takes ~2000 gallons of water to produce 1 lb of beef

many rivers no longer reach their outlet because of agricultural water use to grow feed crops.

the water used that does drain takes down fertilizer and create ocean deadzones, this kills off sealife AND CORAL, which are the underwater rainforests.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #13 on: Fri, 21 April 2023, 17:55:45 »
Soylent Green  FTW!
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 21 April 2023, 18:16:07 »
Have you ever eaten a lobster tail TP4? That’s like 65% ****. Same with shrimp if you don’t properly de-vein them. Now I’m not saying eating **** beef is good, but at the same time it’s not like you haven’t done it before. also if you’ve ever eaten *** you’re a hypocrite lmao
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.
"Ask your mother how good I can use more than two fingers." - Caesar, 2023

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 21 April 2023, 18:18:21 »
Don’t ruin my damn fish >:(
Shrimp scampi is one of the few things that brings me unbridled joy in this life.
One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven, Twelve, Thirteen, Fourteen, Fifteen, Sixteen, Seventeen, Eighteen, Nineteen, Twenty... Yeah that seems about right.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 21 April 2023, 18:20:47 »
Shrimp scampi is one of the few things that brings me unbridled joy in this life.

Tp4 recommends

Seaspiracy  + What the Health,  Documentaries.

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 21 April 2023, 18:23:23 »

Tp4 recommends

Seaspiracy  + What the Health,  Documentaries.

Got it, avoid those like the plague.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 21 April 2023, 20:21:30 »
This is why you only buy quality meat from USDA Prime approved and rated beef suppliers. It costs more than what you get in the grocery store because they spend much more to care for their animals. Spend the extra and buy local.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #19 on: Fri, 21 April 2023, 22:20:44 »
This is why you only buy quality meat from USDA Prime approved and rated beef suppliers. It costs more than what you get in the grocery store because they spend much more to care for their animals. Spend the extra and buy local.

Usda is a promotional arm of the agricultural industry, nearly all high ranking members are on a revolving door basis with industry board seats either before or after their service term. consider what they say with a megablock of salt.

for example, they still have milk on the food pyramid when we know that all mammels discontinue milk after the 1st year of their life.   

milk greatly increases the rate of hormone dependent cancers such as prostate/breast cancer. the reason for this is because milk contains an enormous quantity of animal estrogen, which functions identically in the human body.   you can see it in alot of our american men who have large moobies. :D

milk is baby-COW growth fluid, its formulation is designed to make a baby cow grow to 600-700lbs in 1 year. its protein/fats and HORMONE composition is highly different from human-breast milk.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #20 on: Fri, 21 April 2023, 22:25:08 »
Got it, avoid those like the plague.

lol, shrimp is particularly dangerous because like lobster they're often bottom feeders. and the ocean is the human dumping ground for industrial chemicals, raw sewage, and nuclear waste.

the consequence of which is, chemicals like pcb/dioxins/antibiotics/pesticides/mercury++++ bio-accumulates up the marine food chain.

the larger the marine animal you eat, the more polluted it is. shrimp/lobster do not seem big, but they're already at a large enough size to be highly contaminated, especially considering where they eat and what they are, the roaches of the sea. notice the whiskers 

Offline PlayBox

« Reply #21 on: Sat, 22 April 2023, 03:06:36 »
honestly you are trying to make us feel gross about meat. i honestly don't care
propably sent from my amazon kindle 10th gen

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 22 April 2023, 07:57:01 »
honestly you are trying to make us feel gross about meat. i honestly don't care

whether or not meat is gross is "intuitive", it fits the facts.

you're free to choose to eat it.
:D

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #23 on: Sat, 22 April 2023, 09:25:42 »

Have you ever eaten a lobster tail TP4?

The meat of a lobster tail is a big muscle.
« Last Edit: Sat, 22 April 2023, 10:11:32 by fohat.digs »

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #24 on: Sat, 22 April 2023, 11:02:01 »

Have you ever eaten a lobster tail TP4?

The meat of a lobster tail is a big muscle.
One that's full of shiiiiiiiiiiiit. (well digestive juices and whatnot.)

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #25 on: Sat, 22 April 2023, 22:00:43 »
I wasn't really referring to the fishing industry.
Lobster/crab/shrimp/snails are the bottom feeders, they eat anything that falls however much of what we eat eats things we find disgusting. Doesn't necessarily mean it's unsafe for us just kinda gross to think about.

That said,
If you like seafood or the beach, don't start a marine aquarium as a hobby, especially if you tend to deep dive things you're interested in, sometimes you really can know too much.
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #26 on: Sat, 22 April 2023, 22:58:20 »
Lobster/crab/shrimp/snails are the bottom feeders, they eat anything that falls however much of what we eat eats things we find disgusting. Doesn't necessarily mean it's unsafe for us just kinda gross to think about.

That said,
If you like seafood or the beach, don't start a marine aquarium as a hobby, especially if you tend to deep dive things you're interested in, sometimes you really can know too much.

oh, i were referring to farmed salmon, which are 99% heavily contaminated with sea-lice.

they are fed with an enormous amount of antibiotics and dosed in cleaning chemicals.

they' even use this crazy machine to "wash" the fish, to keep it alive. LOLOLOLOL..

they look like zombies, because their skin is all messed up by the lice.

then the meat is dyed using a special feed which changes their color from a pale grey to the orange red.

Offline CaesarAZealad

• Racc
« Reply #27 on: Sun, 23 April 2023, 16:20:08 »

That said,

oh, i were referring to farmed salmon, which are 99% heavily contaminated with sea-lice.

My mother told me never to eat farmed fish, so I don’t have this problem.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #28 on: Sun, 23 April 2023, 19:14:26 »
All this beef talk, so I just got some KFC for dinner. Sweet Lightning is one of the best Dew flavs

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #29 on: Mon, 24 April 2023, 06:29:25 »
It's the reason I only eat certain types of seafood that are native to the waters around the restaurant I eat it at.

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 24 April 2023, 13:18:14 »
Wild caught also has serious issues.

Tuna in particular is full of mercury and should only be eaten in limited quantities.
The F.D.A. has threatened to remove it from shelves in the past, the E.P.A. has issued guidelines for it and the A.M.A. advises pregnant women to avoid canned tuna entirely. Doesn't matter if wild caught or not.

(note I'm not part of Tp's crusade against meat, eat what you like)
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 24 April 2023, 14:05:02 »

pregnant women to avoid tuna entirely. Doesn't matter if wild caught or not.

Mercury is highly neurotoxic, Female Dolphins typically lose their firstborn because they are mammals and the mother's milk is so incredibly toxic.

Something similar happens in the Human Inuit population where women can not breast feed because their breast milk is highly polluted due to their large intake of seal blubber (which is highly contaminated, marine foodchain).

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 24 April 2023, 15:23:36 »
It is literally the opposite for farmed mussels and clams. They actually act as a natural water purifier, clam farms have super clean water whereas wild caught bivalves filter water filled with all sorts of contaminants.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #33 on: Mon, 24 April 2023, 15:27:28 »
It is literally the opposite for farmed mussels and clams. They actually act as a natural water purifier, clam farms have super clean water whereas wild caught bivalves filter water filled with all sorts of contaminants.

farmed shellfish is extremely toxic.

whatever it pulls out of the water, it keeps.  it's impossible to guarantee whatever you buy comes from a clean water source.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 24 April 2023, 15:29:11 »

A wise woman, you guys should both sit down and watch Seaspiracy. :D

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #35 on: Mon, 24 April 2023, 15:57:07 »

A wise woman, you guys should both sit down and watch Seaspiracy. :D

idk about 100% wild caught. When I worked in seafood we were short supply often on wild caught due to over fishing and halts put on certain wild fish like seabass and orange roughy. Wild fishing laws are not properly enforced, and the current practices are not sustainable at all even from what I could see in 1 year of processing store orders. You shouldn't be able to fish for things that are already on a watch list, but these big catchers play this game of over fishing. Like they will know a certain fish will be put on the watch list and over fish for the next month until it takes effect.
People who only buy wild caught are hurting the planet just as much imo
I am a big fan of open water and coastal farms

Offline Darthbaggins

• PC Cannibal
« Reply #36 on: Tue, 25 April 2023, 10:48:29 »
guess TP needs to not eat McDonalds fries anymore either, since they have Beef flavoring in them (at least for the US/NA version of them): https://nypost.com/2023/04/18/mcdonalds-fries-shocking-secret-revealed-why-they-taste-so-good/
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 April 2023, 10:52:51 by Darthbaggins »

bkrownd:"Those damned rubber chiclet keys are the devil's nipples."   >:D

Offline Jeebo

« Reply #37 on: Wed, 26 April 2023, 06:27:49 »

pregnant women to avoid tuna entirely. Doesn't matter if wild caught or not.

Mercury is highly neurotoxic, Female Dolphins typically lose their firstborn because they are mammals and the mother's milk is so incredibly toxic.

Something similar happens in the Human Inuit population where women can not breast feed because their breast milk is highly polluted due to their large intake of seal blubber (which is highly contaminated, marine foodchain).

Wild caught also has a fair lot of parasites(not a huge issue if you're gutting and cleaning it properly and cooking to temp, but still)
-Jim
I'm a bit of a gun/hunting nut.
Fav rifle: Ruger American .308(with Leupold Mark 5HD riflescopes from https://gritrsports.com/optics/scopes/riflescopes/ )

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #38 on: Wed, 26 April 2023, 07:39:21 »
Wild caught also has a fair lot of parasites(not a huge issue if you're gutting and cleaning it properly and cooking to temp, but still)

all animals (for food) has a high potential for parasites. especially since factory farming is the equivalent of raising an animal in its own toilet.  Take a very stern look at a factory farm, the p00p goes no where, there's no treatment station, it stays on site, and they spray in the air to dry it out, right next to the building the animals are in.

Offline kurplop

« Reply #39 on: Wed, 26 April 2023, 09:21:54 »

all animals (for food) has a high potential for parasites. especially since factory farming is the equivalent of raising an animal in its own toilet.  Take a very stern look at a factory farm, the p00p goes no where, there's no treatment station, it stays on site, and they spray in the air to dry it out, right next to the building the animals are in.

In all fairness, it should be noted that many of the vegetables and grains (oatmeal and broccoli are two examples) that are part of our diet have toxins that have an adverse effect on mammals. They are a passive defense useful to their survival. Fortunately for us, cooking generally neutralizes them.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #40 on: Wed, 26 April 2023, 10:11:47 »

In all fairness, it should be noted that many of the vegetables and grains (oatmeal and broccoli are two examples) that are part of our diet have toxins that have an adverse effect on mammals. They are a passive defense useful to their survival. Fortunately for us, cooking generally neutralizes them.

75% of antibiotics manufacturered by the Entire United States, are fed to farm animals because the condition of factory farms are so UN-HYGENIC that the animals would not survive otherwise, and that's only 6 months to 3 years or so, they can't even live that long.

Think about it this way kurplop, if someone opened a restaurant INSIDE a public rest-stop bathroom, would you frequent such a place.

NOW, understand that a typical truck stop bathroom is 1000x cleaner than a factory farm.

The disconnect is entirely visual,  the process is kept out of sight, and the product is disguised in styrofoam and cling-wrap, to hide the fact that it's been fished out of a toilet.

Offline kurplop

« Reply #41 on: Wed, 26 April 2023, 11:48:37 »
I’m just trying to insert a healthy amount of dissonance to your vegetarian echo chamber.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #42 on: Wed, 26 April 2023, 12:23:58 »
I’m just trying to insert a healthy amount of dissonance to your vegetarian echo chamber.

kurplop, there is no vegetarian echo chamber. 

We live in a Carnist world, the dissonance that you speak of, the Nominal Carnism of life is built into every construct around us, the alternative eat vegetables, only looks scary because of how wrong the social norms are.

HOWEVER....let's step back,

Remove the animal cruelty, the social justice, the politics, food culture, our pride.

What's left, it's a basic hygiene question. Should anyone eat out of a toilet.