Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4197026 times)

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #30150 on: Sat, 25 November 2023, 19:53:57 »
Drank a ton of red-bull,  these games still tire me out after about an hour.

How did we ever do those 36 hour sessions

Probably your gay hair

:D
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
« Reply #30151 on: Sat, 25 November 2023, 21:10:09 »
What happened to the "standard" length of a movie being considered as between - an hour and a half - and 2 hours?

I mean it still is, maybe closer to 2 hours but you rarely see films go over that "dreaded" 3 hour mark or even 2 1/2 hours, they really are only reserved for ambitious or large scale films.

Maybe it's because I am young but I really like long films, one of my favourite films is like 4 minutes under 4 hours and watched the entire thing in basically one sitting.
fjell | hhkb bt

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #30152 on: Sun, 26 November 2023, 08:51:30 »
Drank a ton of red-bull,  these games still tire me out after about an hour.

How did we ever do those 36 hour sessions

Probably your gay hair

:D

Damn, the is Ghey hair draining stamina?  ;D

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #30153 on: Mon, 27 November 2023, 21:45:13 »
When I'm shopping for clothes online, don't get models that remind me of what I don't want to be, get models I want to look like. Unobtainable beauty that make me go, "Huh, if I get this shirt maybe I'll look like that."
My God, nothing discourages me more from purchasing a nice new shirt than seeing some fat bearded slob in glasses doing the Soy Face. I'm sorry, but everyone is not beautiful, and they shouldn't be encouraged. I'm sick of seeing fat middle-aged women in yoga pants and belly shirts. Tired of seeing fat hairy man tits spilling out the side of your sleeveless shirt. Have some respect for yourself, goodness.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30154 on: Tue, 28 November 2023, 06:24:58 »
The world is full of distortions,

No rock is objectively more beautiful than "Another Rock."

Perceptual differences are merely the boundaries of our limited comprehension and penchant for unsuccessful compartmentalization of the infinite.

Be happy you exist at all. Try to prolong that existence by eating m0-ar Veggies.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30155 on: Sun, 03 December 2023, 22:08:01 »
Trying out all them new games, buh, idk, they're all kind of lame fetch quests, or go shoot this thing, because, we said so, and he's bad.

M0ar gpu hasn't really helped one become more interested.   
:rolleyes:

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #30156 on: Mon, 04 December 2023, 04:34:45 »
Yep, once you have "enough" gpu/cpu/ram, any upgrade is just meh.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #30157 on: Mon, 04 December 2023, 05:04:27 »
Trying out all them new games, buh, idk, they're all kind of lame fetch quests, or go shoot this thing, because, we said so, and he's bad.

o^3rc|0(k M0r3

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30158 on: Mon, 04 December 2023, 07:59:15 »

o^3rc|0(k M0r3

Overclocking is basically 1-2% max without exotic cooling.

This is a blessing in that you can get away with the cheapest possible motherboard.  It's a curse cuz now it's boring.

Mayyyybe Tp4 could use m0ar RGBee, buh who knows if that'll make the PC ne faster.

Offline TomahawkLabs

« Reply #30159 on: Mon, 04 December 2023, 10:36:32 »

o^3rc|0(k M0r3

Overclocking is basically 1-2% max without exotic cooling.

This is a blessing in that you can get away with the cheapest possible motherboard.  It's a curse cuz now it's boring.

Mayyyybe Tp4 could use m0ar RGBee, buh who knows if that'll make the PC ne faster.

Even still, overlocking is usually beat by just purchasing the next CPU up the stack. Why overclock an AMD 5600 to near 5600X levels when you can just buy the 5600x which won't need to be overclocked, will run more efficient/cool since it's not being pushed passed it's default state. Overclocking used to be able to unlock double digit performance increases.
Always looking for Alps SKCM/SKCL switches. Feel free to DM.
AMD 5600x | RTX3080 | 2x 1TB NVME + 4x 4TB HDD | B550M Pro-P | 32GB RAM | RM850x | Node 804 | Schiit Modius/Magnius + Audeze LCD-2 | Dell S3422DWG
GMMK 1 Full Size Barebones | Zealio 67g ; Apple M3501 handwired | Alps SKCM Damped Cream
SA: Camping

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #30161 on: Tue, 05 December 2023, 15:02:28 »
I literally had nothing but coffee and a piece of jerky yesterday, somehow I gained 4lbs today.
How the ****?????

Offline iri

« Reply #30162 on: Tue, 05 December 2023, 15:18:17 »
How much sugar was in your coffee and in the jerky and how much water did you drink?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #30163 on: Tue, 05 December 2023, 16:05:18 »
How much sugar was in your coffee and in the jerky and how much water did you drink?

No sugar in the coffee or jerky at all, just a small amount in the oatmilk I use. I had some apple juice that had sugar from the fruit, and a glass of wine in the evening.
Not much water, I need to be better about hydration.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #30164 on: Wed, 06 December 2023, 04:25:08 »
Could also be difference in clothes and/or the accuracy of the scale.
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline iri

« Reply #30165 on: Wed, 06 December 2023, 06:26:32 »
I think he isn't dumb enough to wear clothes when weighing himself.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30166 on: Wed, 06 December 2023, 06:38:18 »
Could also be difference in clothes and/or the accuracy of the scale.

Salt can easily give you + 3 with extra water bloat.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #30167 on: Wed, 06 December 2023, 07:55:47 »
I literally had nothing but coffee and a piece of jerky yesterday, somehow I gained 4lbs today.
How the ****?????
Bathroom scales can be imprecise. I find that I have to take it out of the bathroom onto a flatter floor, and then step on it multiple times before I get a stable reading that I can believe in.

Of course de/hydration and before/after bowel movement matter.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30168 on: Wed, 06 December 2023, 08:37:34 »
It's crazy that a 2mil house and a 4mil house aren't even that big.  The only large difference is actually just property tax.

I guess there's a slight difference in the amount of marble stuffs, but, maybe that's only down to taste.

But then comes the depression, I'll never be able to afford this.
  :-X

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #30169 on: Wed, 06 December 2023, 09:14:07 »

The only large difference is actually just property tax.

Remember the 3 rules of real estate.

And I think that factors at the "micro" level, eg the qualities of the individual parcel of land and the siting of the building on the property can make enormous differences.

Also, people with school-age children place  HUGE  value on the schools that their children will attend and the population of children in their immediate surroundings, while childless people are mostly indifferent to those things, and possibly even think of them as negatives.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline TomahawkLabs

« Reply #30170 on: Wed, 06 December 2023, 11:10:11 »

The only large difference is actually just property tax.

Remember the 3 rules of real estate.

And I think that factors at the "micro" level, eg the qualities of the individual parcel of land and the siting of the building on the property can make enormous differences.

Also, people with school-age children place  HUGE  value on the schools that their children will attend and the population of children in their immediate surroundings, while childless people are mostly indifferent to those things, and possibly even think of them as negatives.

As a parent, my most recent home purchase was almost entirely with my kid's education in mind. Buying a home in a much more expensive area but close to well funded/newer schools. I could have spent less and bought a home 15-20 minutes out of town sitting on 5-10 acres but then my kid's wouldn't have local friends to play with or be in the same school district they are now. I very much pay a premium for the soil my house sits on. But in 10 years my kids will be graduated and I can finally enjoy country living.
AMD 5600x | RTX3080 | 2x 1TB NVME + 4x 4TB HDD | B550M Pro-P | 32GB RAM | RM850x | Node 804 | Schiit Modius/Magnius + Audeze LCD-2 | Dell S3422DWG
GMMK 1 Full Size Barebones | Zealio 67g ; Apple M3501 handwired | Alps SKCM Damped Cream

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #30171 on: Mon, 11 December 2023, 16:48:57 »
Once again, only had a light dinner last night. All I ate all day. Today I weigh 4.5lbs more than I did yesterday morning.

How. The. ****.

I don't understand..... what is ****ing wrong with my body?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #30172 on: Mon, 11 December 2023, 17:38:11 »

Today I weigh 4.5lbs more than I did yesterday morning.

Are you sure that your scales are accurate and consistent?
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #30173 on: Mon, 11 December 2023, 17:48:57 »

Yup. Digital, fresh battery, and I calibrate every time I use it.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30174 on: Mon, 11 December 2023, 20:10:22 »

scales are usually +/- 10%

Offline phinix

« Reply #30175 on: Tue, 12 December 2023, 02:23:47 »
Its winter, maybe your body is saving up for cold days?
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #30176 on: Tue, 12 December 2023, 04:35:58 »
I calibrate every time I use it.
That's probably the problem right there.

Each "calibration" could be off a bit, especially if it's cheaply made.
And no, just because it was expensive doesn't mean it's not cheap inside, a lot of expensive things use the exact same innards as much cheaper items they just get fancier skin.

Try calibrating, then weigh yourself, then calibrate and weigh again, then repeat a 3rd time and see how accurate it actually is. My bet is you get 3 different numbers.
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30177 on: Tue, 12 December 2023, 06:24:30 »
We should group buy those industrial scales from my 600lb life. They're so useful for everthing

Offline mohawk1367

• Typing on: HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S
« Reply #30178 on: Tue, 12 December 2023, 06:38:13 »
I calibrate every time I use it.
That's probably the problem right there.

Each "calibration" could be off a bit, especially if it's cheaply made.
And no, just because it was expensive doesn't mean it's not cheap inside, a lot of expensive things use the exact same innards as much cheaper items they just get fancier skin.

Try calibrating, then weigh yourself, then calibrate and weigh again, then repeat a 3rd time and see how accurate it actually is. My bet is you get 3 different numbers.

is "calibration" code for taking a dump?
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D

Offline phinix

« Reply #30179 on: Tue, 12 December 2023, 06:39:32 »
We should group buy those industrial scales from my 600lb life. They're so useful for everthing

Yep, useful - I would then use it for checking weight of a freshly purchased piggy - oooh, nice piggy, nice fatty piggy :) Looks like we are having 70kg of bacon, plus 180kg of nice meat for char siu :D But who's gonna do slice and dice... I cannot kill an animal :(

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30180 on: Tue, 12 December 2023, 06:52:56 »

Yep, useful - I would then use it for checking weight of a freshly purchased piggy - oooh, nice piggy, nice fatty piggy :) Looks like we are having 70kg of bacon, plus 180kg of nice meat for char siu :D But who's gonna do slice and dice... I cannot kill an animal :(

Phinix, you buy watermelons now. No more pork.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #30181 on: Tue, 12 December 2023, 08:02:56 »

slice and dice... I cannot kill an animal

Read "The Omnivore's Dilemma" by Michael Pollan and the section, late in the book, about the wild boar he shot.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30182 on: Tue, 12 December 2023, 16:22:10 »

Read "The Omnivore's Dilemma" by Michael Pollan and the section, late in the book, about the wild boar he shot.

That book is entirely bull****.  He insists going vegan would make us more dependent on fossil fuels and fertilizer. This is plainly un-researched.

~70% of all arable land is dedicated to grazing and growing feed crop, producing only 12% of human foods. 3% comes from fishing, and 85% comes from that last 30% of arable land, and about half is actually just bio fuel. Animal agriculture in its entirety requires 43% of the earth's dry surface which would otherwise be Forests, which is the primary way nature sequesters carbon ON LAND, IN TREES and SOIL.

Humans are also not remotely omnivores. We can only eat meat via mastery of various technologies, our biology is still herbivorous and the intake of animal protein/fats do significant harm to our physiology.

Offline TomahawkLabs

« Reply #30183 on: Tue, 12 December 2023, 16:30:12 »

That book is entirely bull****.  He insists going vegan would make us more dependent on fossil fuels and fertilizer. This is plainly un-researched.

~70% of all arable land is dedicated to grazing and growing feed crop, producing only 12% of human foods. 3% comes from fishing, and 85% comes from that last 30% of arable land. Animal agriculture in its entirety requires 43% of the earth's dry surface which would otherwise be Forests, which is the primary way nature sequesters carbon ON LAND, IN TREES and SOIL.

Humans are also not remotely omnivores. We can only eat meat via mastery of various technologies, our biology is still herbivorous and the intake animal protein/fats do significant harm to our physiology.

Do you have any good books or resources regarding that? I am trying to be more conscious of what I am consuming and why I consume them.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30184 on: Tue, 12 December 2023, 17:44:41 »
Do you have any good books or resources regarding that? I am trying to be more conscious of what I am consuming and why I consume them.

Ya'll just assume Tp4 can read ? :p

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30185 on: Tue, 12 December 2023, 21:21:59 »
Ugh... made this mango pudding. It looked dainty, but in reality it's like a Liter. Super full. Can't sleep now.

Offline phinix

« Reply #30186 on: Wed, 13 December 2023, 03:20:42 »
Ugh... made this mango pudding. It looked dainty, but in reality it's like a Liter. Super full. Can't sleep now.

Nice. Take a photo and throw on our "what do you eat" thread :)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30187 on: Sun, 17 December 2023, 17:03:51 »
Bought kitchen scales today, this guy walked behind tp4 and asked tp4 if he had any weed.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #30188 on: Sun, 17 December 2023, 17:08:51 »
I bought a new kitchen scale a few months back.  I've used it so many times now, I don't know how I got along without it. 

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30189 on: Sun, 17 December 2023, 17:10:38 »
I bought a new kitchen scale a few months back.  I've used it so many times now, I don't know how I got along without it. 

How much Bad has Pusher broken these few months?

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #30190 on: Sun, 17 December 2023, 17:17:47 »

Ha. For real though.  Dividing out food portions perfectly equal.  Making things like burgers, no more guesswork on dividing a pound into even 1/4 for patties.  Making French press coffee, I found out I was pretty far off for weight of beans to water suggested ratio.  Then there is baking. So much easier to weigh out portions.  Comes out better every time.  Divide cookies into exactly even dozen

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30191 on: Sun, 17 December 2023, 17:55:00 »

Ha. For real though.  Dividing out food portions perfectly equal.  Making things like burgers, no more guesswork on dividing a pound into even 1/4 for patties.  Making French press coffee, I found out I was pretty far off for weight of beans to water suggested ratio.  Then there is baking. So much easier to weigh out portions.  Comes out better every time.  Divide cookies into exactly even dozen

Also with most liquids , 1ml = 1g so easy.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #30192 on: Sun, 17 December 2023, 20:04:55 »

Divide cookies into exactly even dozen

Whoa. That is getting pretty obsessive.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #30193 on: Mon, 18 December 2023, 01:48:06 »
Today, someone said they thought I was 40. I wanted to die.

Offline iri

« Reply #30194 on: Mon, 18 December 2023, 04:14:40 »
Isn't that your real age?

-Ray Bradbury

Offline iri

« Reply #30195 on: Mon, 18 December 2023, 04:15:00 »
My AEK broke :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30196 on: Mon, 18 December 2023, 06:36:19 »

EAT VEGGIES =  Minus 10 years.

304966-0

Offline mohawk1367

• Typing on: HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S
« Reply #30197 on: Mon, 18 December 2023, 06:51:03 »
Bought kitchen scales today, this guy walked behind tp4 and asked tp4 if he had any weed.

haha... but did you?
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D

Offline TomahawkLabs

« Reply #30198 on: Mon, 18 December 2023, 09:14:29 »
My AEK broke :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I broke mine last weekend when the mouthfull of coffee didn't want to be drank. I had to replace 2 failed switches.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #30199 on: Mon, 18 December 2023, 17:12:26 »
Rick and morty season over again. Sigh. The wait begins now.

Episode 10 was extra good imho.