Author Topic: Going to bed  (Read 9570 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Going to bed
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 21:04:35 »
If you are around electronics all day, I highly recommend that you install Flux.

I installed it recently, but I'm not sure if it has made a difference to my sleeping patterns.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #51 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 21:16:57 »
If you are around electronics all day, I highly recommend that you install Flux.

I installed it recently, but I'm not sure if it has made a difference to my sleeping patterns.

f.lux is definitely better than Nothing .

But the monitor isn't the only source of Blue.

Room lighting has to be taken into aco****.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 23:56:30 »

I have no empirical evidence for sleep patterns, however it eliminated my migraines when using a computer. I've also suggested it to many other people who say the same thing about it relieving headaches, eye strain, etc.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #54 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 08:23:06 »

I have no empirical evidence for sleep patterns, however it eliminated my migraines when using a computer. I've also suggested it to many other people who say the same thing about it relieving headaches, eye strain, etc.

Hrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Have you experimented , attempting to INDUCE a migraine with the app off ?

Or are you prone to migraines with/without the app.. just in daily life.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #55 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 08:32:59 »

Normally I don't have them, but when I started doing tech support, that meant staring at a monitor for 8 hours straight. It would make my eyes sensitive and dry and make my head hurt terribly. My manager asked why my screen looked yellow and told him about it and so he tried it out and noticed the same benefits. I can't say that it will help everyone, but it very well could.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #56 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 08:44:25 »

Normally I don't have them, but when I started doing tech support, that meant staring at a monitor for 8 hours straight. It would make my eyes sensitive and dry and make my head hurt terribly. My manager asked why my screen looked yellow and told him about it and so he tried it out and noticed the same benefits. I can't say that it will help everyone, but it very well could.

Back in the day, when tp4 used CRT,  right before bed, after 9 hours of Ragnarok Online, Tp4 would have eyeball pain as he closed his eyes.

Triggering a migraine though.. hrrrmmmm... I think I felt something like this at a point when I played alot of stepmania on the keyboard... but that may be due to flashing lights rather than blue/white screen in general.

The eyeball pain stopped after going grey on black for Everything..

And, not playing stepmania is just good for ones health in general..

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #57 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 20:48:51 »

What room lighting?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #58 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 21:04:54 »

What room lighting?

like ccfl bulbs , lamps, room lighting, ceiling lights.. u don't have room lighting ?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #59 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 21:21:13 »
Oh man.. I ate all these chocolates just now.. //Mistake..

hope i can get to sleep @ the end of the hour.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #61 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 08:10:16 »
like ccfl bulbs , lamps, room lighting, ceiling lights.. u don't have room lighting ?

Most of those don't have a lot of blue light. Typically bulbs come in warm colors which are much less blue. It's the white light from fluorescents that are really the problem.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #62 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 08:14:57 »

Most of those don't have a lot of blue light. Typically bulbs come in warm colors which are much less blue. It's the white light from fluorescents that are really the problem.

Even many warm lights have some blue. not tungsten, i mean those ccfl curly bulbs.

Overall, you want low intensity as much as possible for night time.

However dark it is outside,  that's how it's suppose to be "nature"

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #63 on: Wed, 14 March 2018, 21:02:39 »

What room lighting?

It's there, but rarely turned on.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #64 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 03:08:03 »
How about those Canucks, eh?
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #65 on: Sat, 17 March 2018, 09:13:08 »
How about those Canucks, eh?

IDK much about sports..

The middle class is finally wising up and removing their children from contact sports..

Don't know if this is a good or bad thing though..

If you remove all the (slightly more educated players) , you end up with Just the Linebackers, and they only know how to be Big, and Run in a straight line..

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #66 on: Sun, 18 March 2018, 08:27:24 »
Got myself a tea solution:

MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #67 on: Sun, 18 March 2018, 14:22:34 »

(Attachment Link)

That picture alone is making me sleepy..

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #68 on: Sun, 18 March 2018, 14:34:37 »

(Attachment Link)

I'm drinking it... I FEEL SLEEPY... it's 20.30 here... I have decided I should stop watching screens at 21.00. Issue is I typically also do some work in the evening..

I read a lot of academic papers (I'm a researcher)... i was thinking of buying an iPad Pro which is almost A4... size of papers. But now I'll stick to printing them out... to limit screen time.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #69 on: Sun, 18 March 2018, 14:38:46 »

(Attachment Link)

I'm drinking it... I FEEL SLEEPY... it's 20.30 here... I have decided I should stop watching screens at 21.00. Issue is I typically also do some work in the evening..

I read a lot of academic papers (I'm a researcher)... i was thinking of buying an iPad Pro which is almost A4... size of papers. But now I'll stick to printing them out... to limit screen time.

use color replace under accessibility

Make it Grey text on Black background.. 

If it's Img based pdf,  then using two monitors,  on the one with the paper you're reading,  drop the brightness and contrast all the way down,  it will look like a yellowish paper with black text.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #70 on: Sun, 18 March 2018, 14:41:32 »

(Attachment Link)

use color replace under accessibility

Make it Grey text on Black background.. 

If it's Img based pdf,  then using two monitors,  on the one with the paper you're reading,  drop the brightness and contrast all the way down,  it will look like a yellowish paper with black text.

Thanks! I also try to read a book now for approx 1 hour before actually turning the lights of and starting to get to sleep. Makes me relaxed... Also the idea that I have time in my busy schedule that I get to read a book comforts me.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #71 on: Sun, 18 March 2018, 14:55:57 »
Thanks! I also try to read a book now for approx 1 hour before actually turning the lights of and starting to get to sleep. Makes me relaxed... Also the idea that I have time in my busy schedule that I get to read a book comforts me.

I've avoided paper books for over 10 years now..

Because the text is small, and I'd have to squint unless I put it right up to my face..

If on the bed, I read books on a 65 inch in front of the bed, using the grey text on black background, or the dim setting via dropped contrast / brightness

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #72 on: Sun, 18 March 2018, 15:18:40 »

I've avoided paper books for over 10 years now..

Because the text is small, and I'd have to squint unless I put it right up to my face..

If on the bed, I read books on a 65 inch in front of the bed, using the grey text on black background, or the dim setting via dropped contrast / brightness

Hmm.. you do need some strong ambient light in order to see the book, which may boil down to the same brightness as just reading off a screen.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #73 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 21:31:02 »

Pretty on queue now..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #74 on: Tue, 20 March 2018, 23:27:54 »
Woke up to go to the bathroom..

Stepped on the corner of a multimeter..

now I can't go back to sleep because my heels hurt..

Why don't humans have night vision..  seems pretty useful and important..

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #75 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 04:14:54 »

I failed miserably. Got a new lens, went out for night photography. 'coarse I needed to edit immediately... so I went to bed 02:00. WHY AM I SO STUPID

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #76 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 04:59:04 »

Is lack of night vision the problem or lack of tidying up skills?

Don't get me wrong I have a hole in my foot where I stood on a screw sticking out of an old heatsink that lives on my bedroom floor so I would appreciate night vision, but there's a simpler fix :))
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #77 on: Wed, 21 March 2018, 08:39:48 »

Is lack of night vision the problem or lack of tidying up skills?

Don't get me wrong I have a hole in my foot where I stood on a screw sticking out of an old heatsink that lives on my bedroom floor so I would appreciate night vision, but there's a simpler fix :))

I would've seen it , had I had night-vision ...

That's the court defense I'm sticking to...

I failed miserably. Got a new lens, went out for night photography. 'coarse I needed to edit immediately... so I went to bed 02:00. WHY AM I SO STUPID

A huge portion of human genetics and system features are coded to the circadian rhythm.

From digestion, to hormone regulation, hair growth, skin repair.. Lot'o'stuff.

I've read that it's the primary cause of them females >> Obachan ...

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #78 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 01:29:00 »
Was so tired, fell over at 7:00 pm

Now it's 2:30am, blisteringly awoke. !!

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #79 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 01:41:48 »

Show Image

Try starting your chainsaw, that will help tire you out

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #80 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 02:02:58 »

Show Image

Yes.. gotta get in my daily chainsaw carving early ..

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #81 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 09:57:15 »
Went to the doctor today and he recommended a sleep study for me. Most likely sleep apnea.  :p

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #82 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 10:02:33 »
Went to the doctor today and he recommended a sleep study for me. Most likely sleep apnea.  :p

He gets paid to peddle those sleep-aid air pump machines.. so.... you know.. is he trying to help, or are you just his meal ticket..

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #83 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 20:45:15 »

Show Image

Probably help his neighbours stay awake too.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #84 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 20:58:15 »

Show Image

Probably help his neighbours stay awake too.

At least he wont be alone then