Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4196129 times)

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #3300 on: Wed, 22 April 2015, 16:57:09 »
FML
start writing life story on my online racing career and how something so good went so bad and ended up with me being banned from a whole racing website, get half way through;

****, no one is going to read this ****

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #3301 on: Wed, 22 April 2015, 17:13:08 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 October 2021, 13:55:35 by bcredbottle »

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #3302 on: Wed, 22 April 2015, 17:30:15 »
FML
start writing life story on my online racing career and how something so good went so bad and ended up with me being banned from a whole racing website, get half way through;

Show Image

national tragedy
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #3303 on: Wed, 22 April 2015, 18:05:46 »
FML

Show Image

proofread it and post it

I will be doing, I got pictures and video footage for it too.. gona make it hella ****ing fancy like

Offline SL89

« Reply #3304 on: Wed, 22 April 2015, 18:35:44 »
i want something, and i want to justify it by saying its an early birthday present but idk...  :'(

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #3305 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 04:30:07 »
>get "we missed you" delivery note from Royal Mail
>been sent to your nearest office
>next morning go to the local post office (where its been sent three other times)
>be late for work because the post office opens at 9 and I have to be there the next day
>they havn't sent it to the post office, but the main office 40mins drive away
>am already late for work
>go online to organise re-delivery to my office at work
>refuse to let me change delivery address
>have to pay to have it sent to the local ****ing post office on sat

for real **** Royal Mail and **** the Post Office, i dont even know what the **** it is, but it dosn't need signing for, so why the **** not leave it with the shop thats next to my flat like they have done in the past?! or better yet WHY NOT DROP IT OFF AT MY LOCAL POST OFFICE THATS TWO DOORS DOWN FROM ME LIKE EVERYOTHER ****ING POSTMAN HAS MANAGED TO DO

ARGHHEHJWEGD7O81

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #3306 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 05:03:53 »
FML

Show Image

I'd read it!

Having one of my bad days today. Woke up in a terrible mood to begin with and then when I get to work I'm told that like 90% of the office is losing their parking bays so I'll either have to spend a ****-ton of money on parking or take public transport which turns a 20 min journey into an hour. One step forward, two steps back.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #3307 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 05:15:03 »
>get "we missed you" delivery note from Royal Mail
>been sent to your nearest office
>next morning go to the local post office (where its been sent three other times)
>be late for work because the post office opens at 9 and I have to be there the next day
>they havn't sent it to the post office, but the main office 40mins drive away
>am already late for work
>go online to organise re-delivery to my office at work
>refuse to let me change delivery address
>have to pay to have it sent to the local ****ing post office on sat

for real **** Royal Mail and **** the Post Office, i dont even know what the **** it is, but it dosn't need signing for, so why the **** not leave it with the shop thats next to my flat like they have done in the past?! or better yet WHY NOT DROP IT OFF AT MY LOCAL POST OFFICE THATS TWO DOORS DOWN FROM ME LIKE EVERYOTHER ****ING POSTMAN HAS MANAGED TO DO

ARGHHEHJWEGD7O81
:( just to make you salty my postman comes back to my house later in the day if something is missed as he's a family friend :c never miss a parcel from Royal Mail

Ohh but on the case of paying for it redelivering £9 for something to get redelivered from parcel force screw  those guys and how they hold parcels hostage until you pay them too instead of giving you the parcel then sending a letter asking for money like FedEx do :I
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 April 2015, 05:18:33 by Fire Brand »
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #3308 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 05:15:17 »
FML

Show Image

I'd read it!

Having one of my bad days today. Woke up in a terrible mood to begin with and then when I get to work I'm told that like 90% of the office is losing their parking bays so I'll either have to spend a ****-ton of money on parking or take public transport which turns a 20 min journey into an hour. One step forward, two steps back.

<3 <3

I posted a link to it in another thread but here is the link;
http://w11.zetaboards.com/The_Cardboard_Box/topic/11113478/1/?x=0#post8314728

it's hella rough and hella long so don't worry if you get bored haha, but if you do read it I'd be grateful for any feedback :D

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3309 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 06:19:15 »
too many magic cards

its annoying if you want to get rid of them, but hate ebay prices, and are too lazy to go to an event to bulk sell.

Offline iri

« Reply #3310 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 07:13:30 »
It seems that my newly relocated team got their tax codes at random.
And even though I got the correct one, my tax in the previous month was zero. And I wasn't charged extra tax this month.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #3311 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 07:21:04 »
FML

Show Image

I'd read it!

<3 <3

it's hella rough and hella long so don't worry if you get bored haha, but if you do read it I'd be grateful for any feedback :D

My tips:

• When you're done writing, find each sentence in which you use the passive tense, then change it to the active tense.1
  • Also, try to connect the last sentence in each paragraph with the first sentence in the following paragraph, even if it's just the repetition of a word.
  • In nonfiction, keep your average sentence length below 20 words, but mix in some really short and long sentences.2
  • Sell the sizzle. Figure out the most interesting thing about your story. Then distill it and stick it in the opening paragraph. Always write the introduction last, and when you do, make sure it's the most captivating one in the whole piece.

1 Exception: The passive tense can be used in a subordinate clause as a description -- e.g. "I bought the board that had already been refurbished" though you can usually just break it down more: "I bought the refurbished board."
2 This quote from Gary Provost best demonstrates the importance of sentence length:

This sentence has five words. Here are five more words. Five-word sentences are fine. But several together become monotonous. Listen to what is happening. The writing is getting boring. The sound of it drones. It's like a stuck record. The ear demands some variety. Now listen. I vary the sentence length, and I create music. Music. The writing sings. It has a pleasant rhythm, a lilt, a harmony. I use short sentences. And I use sentences of medium length. And sometimes when I am certain the reader is rested, I will engage him with a sentence of considerable length, a sentence that burns with energy and builds with all the impetus of a crescendo, the roll of the drums, the crash of the cymbals--sounds that say listen to this, it is important.

So write with a combination of short, medium, and long sentences. Create a sound that pleases the reader's ear. Don't just write words. Write music.
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 April 2015, 07:23:08 by bcredbottle »

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #3312 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 07:36:22 »
FML

Show Image

I'd read it!

<3 <3

My tips:

• When you're done writing, find each sentence in which you use the passive tense, then change it to the active tense.1
  • Also, try to connect the last sentence in each paragraph with the first sentence in the following paragraph, even if it's just the repetition of a word.
  • In nonfiction, keep your average sentence length below 20 words, but mix in some really short and long sentences.2
  • Sell the sizzle. Figure out the most interesting thing about your story. Then distill it and stick it in the opening paragraph. Always write the introduction last, and when you do, make sure it's the most captivating one in the whole piece.

1 Exception: The passive tense can be used in a subordinate clause as a description -- e.g. "I bought the board that had already been refurbished" though you can usually just break it down more: "I bought the refurbished board."
2 This quote from Gary Provost best demonstrates the importance of sentence length:

This sentence has five words. Here are five more words. Five-word sentences are fine. But several together become monotonous. Listen to what is happening. The writing is getting boring. The sound of it drones. It's like a stuck record. The ear demands some variety. Now listen. I vary the sentence length, and I create music. Music. The writing sings. It has a pleasant rhythm, a lilt, a harmony. I use short sentences. And I use sentences of medium length. And sometimes when I am certain the reader is rested, I will engage him with a sentence of considerable length, a sentence that burns with energy and builds with all the impetus of a crescendo, the roll of the drums, the crash of the cymbals--sounds that say listen to this, it is important.

So write with a combination of short, medium, and long sentences. Create a sound that pleases the reader's ear. Don't just write words. Write music.

Cheers m8 and thanks for reading it, or some of it!
I needs a lot of work and I think I can probably cut a lot of it, this was just me sorta exhaling and getting it all out haha I'll have more time to work on it next week or so.
I've also yet to work on some sort of conclusion and yeah, the intro needs some work, though I'm not sure there is any sizzle to be had, it's just kinda my journey into the dark hole of online racing leagues haha

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #3313 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 09:09:02 »
FML

Show Image

I'd read it!

<3 <3

My tips:

Cheers m8 and thanks for reading it, or some of it!
I needs a lot of work and I think I can probably cut a lot of it, this was just me sorta exhaling and getting it all out haha I'll have more time to work on it next week or so.
I've also yet to work on some sort of conclusion and yeah, the intro needs some work, though I'm not sure there is any sizzle to be had, it's just kinda my journey into the dark hole of online racing leagues haha

Anything can be interesting. The essay I'm linking below is about a lobster festival (boring) but the essay itself is one of the best I've ever read.
http://www.gourmet.com/magazine/2000s/2004/08/consider_the_lobster.html

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #3314 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 10:11:50 »
It's a small thing, but still annoying.  I don't get Starbucks or drinks like that very often for various reasons, but today I did.  I ordered a soy no water chai since I don't get along with milk and they will cram half the thing with water if you let them.  He calls out classic chai for me.  I tell him I think they made it wrong, that it should be a soy no water chai.  He tells me it is, that it's a soy no water chai.  I pick it up and taste it on the way out the door.  It's definitely a watered down chai made with milk.  At this time, I don't have the time to  go back and get them to change it and have to run to work.  Now it's going to end up in the trash, a wasted $4.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #3315 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 10:14:54 »
It's a small thing, but still annoying.  I don't get Starbucks or drinks like that very often for various reasons, but today I did.  I ordered a soy no water chai since I don't get along with milk and they will cram half the thing with water if you let them.  He calls out classic chai for me.  I tell him I think they made it wrong, that it should be a soy no water chai.  He tells me it is, that it's a soy no water chai.  I pick it up and taste it on the way out the door.  It's definitely a watered down chai made with milk.  At this time, I don't have the time to  go back and get them to change it and have to run to work.  Now it's going to end up in the trash, a wasted $4.

Yeah, there service can be pretty ****ty and hit and miss. If you have a particular need or requirement that isn't the basic, tea/coffee your gona have a bad time

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #3316 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 12:06:45 »
I've made it one month without doing laundry.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #3317 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 12:20:28 »

amature

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #3318 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 13:02:37 »
how ****ing amateur everyone using armour seems in payday 2 now that i have a dodge build and have to revive and carry them all the time
i dont even have infamy points, and i just never get shot ever its incredible
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3319 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 13:58:56 »

That's actually impressive, how could that bother you. You must be going for 2 months.

Offline ttzhou

• in your base, belonging
« Reply #3320 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 14:35:10 »
How much you get taxed in Canada. They're bleeding me dry. I actually manage my finances properly and I eat healthy and stay in shape, so basically there is nothing of benefit to me from the exorbitant taxes I pay.

Actually I have a lot of animosity to this country in general... Should have stayed in the States when I was a kid when I had the chance.

And it's goddamn snowing in April.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #3321 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 15:30:39 »

That's actually impressive, how could that bother you. You must be going for 2 months.

That'll have to wait until next semester. I'll be home in about a week and I do laundry a lot more when I don't have to pay for it.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3322 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 16:15:21 »

I've gone two months before.  It was alright.  I wore many shirts that hadn't been worn in ages.  :))

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #3323 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 16:28:51 »
How much you get taxed in Canada. They're bleeding me dry. I actually manage my finances properly and I eat healthy and stay in shape, so basically there is nothing of benefit to me from the exorbitant taxes I pay.

Actually I have a lot of animosity to this country in general... Should have stayed in the States when I was a kid when I had the chance.

Yea. but you get cleaner air. and prettier healthier females..

Offline Usarise

« Reply #3324 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 19:14:22 »
I currently have an 'A' in my Computer Organization class due to homework, projects, and a midterm, but I am recognizing the fact I will probably receive a 'B-' or a 'B' due to the final exam being weighed at 35% and I don't understand the material post midterm. oAo

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3325 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 20:27:51 »
http://money.cnn.com/2015/04/23/news/companies/jenis-ice-cream-recall/

SOMEONE SABOTAGED JENI'S. SOMEONE IS ****ING WITH MY ICE CREAM. I'M SCARED. SOMEONE HOLD ME.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
« Reply #3326 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 20:38:04 »
this headache is bothering me right meow :/
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3327 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 20:40:35 »

SOMEONE SABOTAGED JENI'S. SOMEONE IS ****ING WITH MY ICE CREAM. I'M SCARED. SOMEONE HOLD ME.

* HoffmanMyster holds CPTBadAss

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #3328 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 20:47:31 »

* HoffmanMyster holds CPTBadAss
Sorry, man.

*eats Bryer's*

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline ttzhou

• in your base, belonging
« Reply #3329 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 21:07:37 »

Yea. but you get cleaner air. and prettier healthier females..

We have our share of slobby females. Just visit South Oshawa when you have a chance.

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #3330 on: Thu, 23 April 2015, 23:04:07 »
spent 2 hours trying to get "Not Today" in payday 2 to get wooden parts for my gewehr 3 but cloakers never did what i wanted to and also host lag
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline Wilba

• * Maker
  • Keyboard Stuff Person
    • wilba.tech
« Reply #3331 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 02:53:52 »
This thread, where MiTo sells his PuLSE keycaps, and justifies not letting anyone run PuLSE again via an analogy likening himself to Ferruccio Lamborghini

http://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/33muoj/psa_a_chance_to_get_pulse_leader_order/

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #3332 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 03:03:41 »
This thread, where MiTo sells his PuLSE keycaps, and justifies not letting anyone run PuLSE again via an analogy likening himself to Ferruccio Lamborghini

http://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/33muoj/psa_a_chance_to_get_pulse_leader_order/
The delusion is strong with that one. It's designing a damned keyset for God's sake, not solving world hunger.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #3333 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 03:09:35 »

The delusion is strong with that one. It's designing a damned keyset for God's sake, not solving world hunger.
lmao this comment : http://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/33muoj/psa_a_chance_to_get_pulse_leader_order/cqmha2o and the one following.

Even a famous cocky artist wouldn't go that far presenting a project. Some people have a too strong opinion of themself.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #3334 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 03:12:08 »

woah what a pos... but wait, don't SP hold all the rights to all the designs? They are there own colours and they are made by them by there machines and tools... all 'we' do is pick colours from there selection... how is Mito even able to stop anyone else making another Pulse GB?

there website has zero legal information on it, but I can't see how Mito can claim any ownership to the Pulse GB and block any new runs of it...
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 April 2015, 03:19:10 by baldgye »

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #3335 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 05:07:38 »
Just finished my first bolt (screw) mod.....

98340-0

More
98338-1

:blank:

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #3336 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 06:44:09 »

(Attachment Link)

More

That is cool but... wrong thread maybe?

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #3337 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 06:49:52 »

(Attachment Link)

More

Yeah.... look at the stab/spring location for left shift....... :blank:

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #3338 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 06:58:47 »

(Attachment Link)

More

Ah, backwards!

That stinks, man. But if you're careful maybe you can peel up that corner without unscrewing the whole thing. Just don't pull too hard and take your time.

My boards:
More

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #3339 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 07:01:59 »

(Attachment Link)

More

Ah, backwards!

That stinks, man. But if you're careful maybe you can peel up that corner without unscrewing the whole thing. Just don't pull too hard and take your time.

Its all good, a learning curve so to speak. I am going to take it apart and and use new screws to put it back together I don't want to take much risk with this one as its an industrial. It will just be like doing one and a half bolt (screw) mods.

:thumb:

Offline osi

« Reply #3340 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 07:11:02 »
Took my work machine home so I could rebuild it and got it nice and fresh.

New kernel was released days later - so I need to rebuild again lololol. Not need but would like to :p

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #3341 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 07:18:49 »
Have to take my van to dealership bc nobody else is able to figure out the problem.

Now sitting at the dealership waiting for them to figure it out I'm getting a migraine. Bright lights, loud talking, odor of burned coffee, and loud TV of waiting room aren't helping either.

Edit: now I open my laptop to try to get some work done before my head gets really bad and I find one of my liquid pills somehow fell down between the screen and keyboard:

« Last Edit: Fri, 24 April 2015, 07:42:23 by heedpantsnow »
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #3342 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 09:42:08 »
Have to take my van to dealership bc nobody else is able to figure out the problem.

Now sitting at the dealership waiting for them to figure it out I'm getting a migraine. Bright lights, loud talking, odor of burned coffee, and loud TV of waiting room aren't helping either.

Edit: now I open my laptop to try to get some work done before my head gets really bad and I find one of my liquid pills somehow fell down between the screen and keyboard:

Show Image

get a new laptop, that one is infected!

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #3343 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 09:58:01 »

Show Image

get a new laptop, that one is infected!

idk m8 looks pretty cured to me!

Offline Muffin860

« Reply #3344 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 10:07:26 »
I can't find a used rapid i with mx reds. Looks like I'll have to buy new :(
IBM Model M

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #3345 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 10:46:29 »

Show Image

Guys, if you pray, please do a little for me. Dealer said we need a new transmission. $4800. Gotta figure out what to do.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #3346 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 11:02:45 »

Show Image

Guys, if you pray, please do a little for me. Dealer said we need a new transmission. $4800. Gotta figure out what to do.
Get a mortgage on one of the children?

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #3347 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 11:28:19 »

Show Image

:/
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #3348 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 11:48:43 »

Show Image

Get a mortgage on one of the children?

I'm sure the dealership accepts trade-ins on kids.

But seriously, that's a rough place to be in.  It might be worth to see the trade-in-value of the van and get a certified pre-owned car with a warranty or a cheap new car.  If you can get the difference between the car's value and the cost of repair or more in trade-in-value, it's probably worth getting a new car.

And I realized I worded that oddly, so I mean something like if the sale value of the repaired car is $10k, repair is $5k, and they'll give you $5k or more, trade it in.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #3349 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 12:50:52 »

Show Image

Ugh that's awful.  :'(